Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No sweet there, but it literally couldn't have been any shorter. :)

The entire reply is 2 sentences long:

COA judges 1, 2,and 3 have received your motion to reconsider. It is denied.

LOL.

That's pretty sweet for us! Cupcakes on the house for everyone! My treat.:cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake:

The butcheress just needs to get it through her evil head that she has no appealable errors. This is what she hopefully will see every time. :happydance:

View attachment 83923

I wonder how much the ridiculous motion to dismiss and the motion to reconsider cost AZ taxpayers?

At what point is enough enough and far too much? She's a garden variety killer who has already cost AZ taxpayers millions, her direct appeal hasn't even been briefed or considered yet, and taxpayers will foot the bill for attorneys to go through the motions (heh) of winning a chance at PC relief.

She's not legally entitled to have attys waste taxpayer money on these frivolous motions. There should be some kind of safeguard in the system that protects the right of taxpayers to not have THEIR tax dollars spent on pure farce.

She theoretically had help renting a U-Haul , but she rented a car on her own to go kill Travis in June, and she would have had to show proof of insurance there too.

Nothing would surprise me about the depths to which she'd sink. Maybe she even did have insurance, but lied to Travis so she could dig her claws into him daily.

Maybe the $2500 brought JA's insurance current, so she had insurance when she rented the car in June, but not back when she was borrowing the BMW and attempting to rent the U-Haul to move?

The butcheress just needs to get it through her evil head that she has no appealable errors. This is what she hopefully will see every time. :happydance:

attachment.php

We have a smilie for that!:denied::denied::denied::denied::denied::denied::denied::denied::denied:

Jodi writes of Sandy's trip to Mesa. She said Sandy *****ed and griped as soon a she picked her up at the airport, and they got into a fight and Sandy flew back home.

Since she mentions that MM was in Mesa around that time, I wonder if he was going to drive back with her, but he didn't have insurance either? so she called Sandy. I don't think it was as planned as they say about that trip. Sandy had to take off work to go down there. Jodi needed Sandy there for some reason. Bill Arais wasn't happy about the money spent on that trip, he shows his bitterness in his interview.

I'm trying to remember where I'd read that Sandy told Jodi to leave what she had behind, it was crap, and that was what the fight was about. Anyone else remember that?

IIRC,, Bill told Flores in his interview about Sandy saying that to the killer about her stuff being crap, etc. I don't think Bill said that was what they fought about, but could easily be wrong.

In the killer's journal she says she didn't appreciate her mother's negativity about not having a good flight etc., and acted Christlike (snark) by telling her mother to act more positive, which led to Sandy telling her FU and heading straight back.

Who knows. Two lying lawless Arias's and a clueless father/husband. Anything is possible.

Just wanted to stop in and say hey. I admire your fortitude for keeping up with what is going on with Heinous. I had to take a break from this case as it will suck the life blood out of you. Thanks so much for the updates!

((((Zuri))))).

:tyou: Hope4More for all the texts and journal entries you are posting!

Originally Posted by lewcch3 View Post said:
Well, I suppose JA is punishing her walls again; her motion to reconsider was denied! Short and sweet denial!! Posted on BK's site.

Hope4More said:
No sweet there, but it literally couldn't have been any shorter.

LOL.

CayleeAdvocate said:
The butcheress just needs to get it through her evil head that she has no appealable errors. This is what she hopefully will see every time.

So "what" was this one about?? Juan's book? ?? TIA!

So, if this "appeal" has been :denied: does that mean she has no more appeals or this had nothing to do with the actually trial records for any errors?

Again - :tyou: in advance!

IIRC,, Bill told Flores in his interview about Sandy saying that to the killer about her stuff being crap, etc. I don't think Bill said that was what they fought about, but could easily be wrong.

In the killer's journal she says she didn't appreciate her mother's negativity about not having a good flight etc., and acted Christlike (snark) by telling her mother to act more positive, which led to Sandy telling her FU and heading straight back.

Who knows. Two lying lawless Arias's and a clueless father/husband. Anything is possible.

What all did she have? She was sleeping on the floor until someone gave her a futon. I know Bill said they were using something of hers that she brought back, but most she hadn't done anything with and it was just sitting there. In ways it makes sense that Sandy would tell her that what she had was crap, and didn't want to spend the money in dragging it back to Yreka, handed over the money and fly back home.

Jodi told Detective Flores that if she was being arrested that the person to handle her affairs didn't live close by. I had the impression it was MM in Monterrey.

OUCH!! I hurt with you.

At least you had an accident; her's is on purpose due to her anger issues. So, I guess she is wearing a brace on both hands now.

Hope it heals real soon for you!

Hey! Is THAT why Jodi wore a brace on her hand/wrist (or maybe just had it bandaged) during her trial? I don't remember anyone on tv or on fb ever explain that. Did she punch a wall or somethin' back then? I know she likes to kick things (wall at work, #1 mom, dog), but I didn't think she was a puncher, too.

Anyways... thanks to all the posters who are keeping us updated as to whats-her-name's latest legal wranglings. I just love that she's getting smacked down at every turn. :)

The Soup Nazi to Jodi: Please, you're wasting everyone's time. No appeal for you!! (<-- double exclamation point)

Or as Keith Hernandez and Walt Frazier say in their Just For Men hair color commercial... "DE-NIED" :D

Hey! Is THAT why Jodi wore a brace on her hand/wrist (or maybe just had it bandaged) during her trial? I don't remember anyone on tv or on fb ever explain that. Did she punch a wall or somethin' back then? I know she likes to kick things (wall at work, #1 mom, dog), but I didn't think she was a puncher, too.

Anyways... thanks to all the posters who are keeping us updated as to whats-her-name's latest legal wranglings. I just love that she's getting smacked down at every turn. :)

The Soup Nazi to Jodi: Please, you're wasting everyone's time. No appeal for you!! (<-- double exclamation point)

Or as Keith Hernandez and Walt Frazier say in their Just For Men hair color commercial... "DE-NIED" :D

LOL! Don't really know why she was wearing that brace, but the joke at the time was due to her maybe punching a wall over something that did not go her way. So now, in her words, "many somethings later" (another denial), she is punching/punishing walls again.

She will get used to that word - even if is on her last day on earth. That word will be on her tombstone "DENIED".

How many total appeals could the killer have? Is it unlimited as long as she can pay for them or get some crazed attorney to do them for free?

If killer's taxpayer-paid appeal is denied at one level, do taxpayers have to pay for that appeal to continue on the next level? Or does killer get only one shot at a paid appeal and have to foot the bill on her own to take it to higher courts?

How many total appeals could the killer have? Is it unlimited as long as she can pay for them or get some crazed attorney to do them for free?

If killer's taxpayer-paid appeal is denied at one level, do taxpayers have to pay for that appeal to continue on the next level? Or does killer get only one shot at a paid appeal and have to foot the bill on her own to take it to higher courts?

My understanding is that she is entitled to one free appeal, that includes Post Conviction Relief. Where it gets murky for me, is when and why, if her one appeal fails, does she need a private attorney - is it to go to USSC? But I thought her one and only free appeal could go as high as the US Supreme Court.

Not sure if this just confused you more! Never really understood why she would need to hire an appeal atty.

The killer gets only one paid for direct appeal, the one being prepared now to the COA. After the COA hears (obligated to) and denies her appeal the killer can appeal that denial to the AZ Supreme Court, but will have to pay for the appeal herself , and the AZ SC isn't obligated to hear it at all.

She also is entitled (sadly) to a free post conviction relief (PCR) process. It isn't an appeal per se, but it will be her only chance to argue ineffective counsel, or to try to bring in "new" "evidence. "

Unfortunately for her , JSS (or a replacement Superior Court judge) will decide whether or not her PCR petition has any merit. So, not happening. She can appeal a PCR denial, but at her own expense.

After state avenues of appeal and relief have been exhausted she can file a writ of habaes corpus, which is an appeal to a federal court arguing that her constitutional rights to a fair trial were somehow violated. The federal court isn't obligated to take the appeal, which she'd have to pay for, and which would be VERY expensive.

Appeals beyond the federal circuit court are so unlikely as to not be worth mentioning, except to say...she'd have to pay for them and there is no way she'll ever be able to come up with that kind of money. IMO she won't be able to pay for even one fed appeal.

What all did she have? She was sleeping on the floor until someone gave her a futon. I know Bill said they were using something of hers that she brought back, but most she hadn't done anything with and it was just sitting there. In ways it makes sense that Sandy would tell her that what she had was crap, and didn't want to spend the money in dragging it back to Yreka, handed over the money and fly back home.

Jodi told Detective Flores that if she was being arrested that the person to handle her affairs didn't live close by. I had the impression it was MM in Monterrey.

I think it was MM too. As far as her crap. Exactly. She'd hone from owning a home (on paper anyway) to not even owning a bed. She probably had books and her "art," the potted plants she killed in the UHaul, and at least a couple piles of stuff she had stolen from Travis.

My guess is renting a UHaul was more about creating drama about a Big Move, and having an excuse to stay in Mesa every last minute she could, hoping Travis would throw himself in front of the UHaul and beg her to stay.

Thanks Hope4More.

Do you know what the deadline is for filing this paid for direct appeal? I understand the process could takes many months or years but now that she has been denied her motion to bypass the CoA is the clock ticking on her time to file that direct paid-for appeal? Or has it been ticking all along?

I think it was MM too. As far as her crap. Exactly. She'd hone from owning a home (on paper anyway) to not even owning a bed. She probably had books and her "art," the potted plants she killed in the UHaul, and at least a couple piles of stuff she had stolen from Travis.

My guess is renting a UHaul was more about creating drama about a Big Move, and having an excuse to stay in Mesa every last minute she could, hoping Travis would throw himself in front of the UHaul and beg her to stay.

BBM LOL, instead, her flipped her the double bird!!

No sweet there, but it literally couldn't have been any shorter. :)

LOL.

Can't tell you how much I love that. :shame:

Another text exchange. There's nothing special going on over these days. Which is the point of posting it. Travis is just trying to live his life, and she won't let him, just won't ever leave the man in peace. If there are no responses there from TA its because he didn't reply.

Jan 13, 08.

8:26pm. JA to T. I'm sorry about my atttude. I'll explain later. All is well and you are still wonderful.

8:26. T: okie dokie.

10:30. J: T Dogg, what is your ETA. Jodi girl is getting sleepy.

11:03. T: i'm not going to pick up the phone to listen to how you are better than me so just don't call.

11:08. T. my advice to you would be to go to sleep..I will not be sucked into that ridiculous conversation.

11:10 . J: I cannot sleep. I'm on my way over there.

12:12 am (now the 14th) J: I can not sleep. :(

12:13 am. T: put on socks . people fall asleep 27% faster with socks on.

12:14. J: are you serious.

12:14. T: yes I am.

12:17. J: that is so cool, I'm getting a pair right now. thanks my dear, that actually cheered me up

12:17. T: good. have a good night.

12:30. J: ok took a few, but I found a pair and my feet are warm and cozy.

12:30. T: Enjoy.

12:31. J: will do, doc. Thanks.

12:57. J: errrr... Still awake. But I dozed off briefly and I had a dream . you were part of a 80s revival rock band

1:02 am. J: was a little snell-ish minus the mullet.

Later that day, Jan 14, in the afternoon.

4:44pm. J: how is your day going.

4:45. T. Busy.

4:46. J: sounds like a good time. I'm going to stop by and pick up my car , okie dokie ?

4:47. T: sure. What time.

4:49. J: idk. after FHE?

4:50. T: could you do it before then?

4:55. J: I totally would if I could but I can't

4:58. T: why not. I need it before then . I'm driving people and I don't want to put them in your car ..insurance and all.

6:43pm. T to JA: I'm here.

7:15pm. Lisa to T: are you coming baby?

7:15. T to Lisa. I'll be there in 3 min.

8:25. J to T: are you positive u have insurance on the BWI? If yes, does it cover passengers?

9:05pm. J to T: never mind

That was last Travis- killer, killer-Travis text of the night.

This might explain the court fee: she got a ticket for not having mandatory basic insurance on her car. She might even have borrowed TA's car because it was insured. Are these texts about the same time she asked for a check to pay her court fee? I forget.

Another text exchange. There's nothing special going on over these days. Which is the point of posting it. Travis is just trying to live his life, and she won't let him, just won't ever leave the man in peace. If there are no responses there from TA its because he didn't reply.

Jan 13, 08.

8:26pm. JA to T. I'm sorry about my atttude. I'll explain later. All is well and you are still wonderful.

8:26. T: okie dokie.

10:30. J: T Dogg, what is your ETA. Jodi girl is getting sleepy.

11:03. T: i'm not going to pick up the phone to listen to how you are better than me so just don't call.

11:08. T. my advice to you would be to go to sleep..I will not be sucked into that ridiculous conversation.

11:10 . J: I cannot sleep. I'm on my way over there.

12:12 am (now the 14th) J: I can not sleep. :(

12:13 am. T: put on socks . people fall asleep 27% faster with socks on.

12:14. J: are you serious.

12:14. T: yes I am.

12:17. J: that is so cool, I'm getting a pair right now. thanks my dear, that actually cheered me up

12:17. T: good. have a good night.

12:30. J: ok took a few, but I found a pair and my feet are warm and cozy.

12:30. T: Enjoy.

12:31. J: will do, doc. Thanks.

12:57. J: errrr... Still awake. But I dozed off briefly and I had a dream . you were part of a 80s revival rock band

1:02 am. J: was a little snell-ish minus the mullet.

Later that day, Jan 14, in the afternoon.

4:44pm. J: how is your day going.

4:45. T. Busy.

4:46. J: sounds like a good time. I'm going to stop by and pick up my car , okie dokie ?

4:47. T: sure. What time.

4:49. J: idk. after FHE?

4:50. T: could you do it before then?

4:55. J: I totally would if I could but I can't

4:58. T: why not. I need it before then . I'm driving people and I don't want to put them in your car ..insurance and all.

6:43pm. T to JA: I'm here.

7:15pm. Lisa to T: are you coming baby?

7:15. T to Lisa. I'll be there in 3 min.

8:25. J to T: are you positive u have insurance on the BWI? If yes, does it cover passengers?

9:05pm. J to T: never mind

That was last Travis- killer, killer-Travis text of the night.

TA doesn't tell her anything, how his life is going, what he's doing, what times he's doing stuff, who he's hanging out with. This is how I handle my nosy gossipy mother: I don't tell her anything, even when I'm checking in on her, so I recognize the tactic! He's positively laconic. Cuts her off or doesn't respond. Bwahaha! He even puts her off by telling her to try sleeping with socks on.....so, she need not come over. She still tries to come over: unreal. (Whoever heard of socks curing an insomniac/fake insomniac anyway? In the heat of Arizona? Hilarious: TA's twitting her and she doesn't realize it. Every once in a while, he lobs a good one right at her!))

I finally found one of the places where CMJA stated that TA bought Deanna the breast implants. It was in the interrogation video with Det Flores Tape #3 at 1.49:39 But she also said in on the stand on direct examination. I will try to find that one also but first the interrogation tape.

https://youtu.be/ja5YpSrysYM

I hadn't spent much time watching the female interrogator because Flores was much more interesting, but the little snippet I watched in this interrogation segment really wasn't half bad. I'm thinking she hasn't been given that much credit. For one thing, her body language is excellent. She's leaned right into Jodi. Jodi is doing her thing of messing with her hair (when do we not see her messing with her hair?), but it's a habit and relaxed, not so much contrived as it is with Flores. And then, the detective has let down her hair. I always wondered about this&#8212;it seemed so un-policelike&#8212;but she has a big kink in it, so you can tell she's let it down for Jodi's benefit. She also has a very soft and inviting voice, plus she seems to be a good listener (appearance is everything to Jodi). Her interrogation is more like a girl chat with the school nurse, not the school principal. Flores is more like an assistant principal responsible for discipline. Since Jodi does her little girl voice with them a lot, it's not a bad strategy to pretend like they're in school. Also, they seem on her side, which is exactly what Jodi didn't get from school, and they may have thought this would be seductive to her.

Anyway, the female detective's interrogation is a contrast to earlier when she does the gofer duties (e.g. producing a sandwich and accompanying Jodi to the toilet) for Flores; at those times, she's a no-nonsense impassive tough broad officer snap snap.

She seems to be a fairly junior officer (plus, a deputy in the sheriff's department, right, not the high falutin' State Police), and I think she deserves more notice for how she carried herself that day.

Since I've seen Yreka, there's probably not much more to that Sheriff's office than the inquisition room, a kitchenette (you can hear the microwave) and a very basic staff office. The printer may have been in the interrogation room for the simple reason there was nowhere else to put it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop