Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Jodi Arias, and because you're all good at research, does anyone know how to acquire Jodi Arias's manifesto? I know that it's available on the web in PDF form but I'm trying to figure out where it originated from. It had to have come from court documents but if I wanted to could I buy a copy of it from the court? And how do you do that? Do you call the clerk and request a copy and pay for it over the phone? I know its not free.[/

QUOTE]

For $4.99 you can view Beth Karas'site for a month. She has the manifesto and tons of other stuff on there.

Thanks for your reply. I should have been more clear. I am trying to find an original copy of the manifesto (not the ones that are posted on those sites like Beth's of which I am a member) but it is harder than I thought it would be. I am wondering if it would be an exhibit and if so, could I buy it from the court of record. I want one without the watermarks and I am also trying to find the date that it was written. That is not easy to find either.

I think you are correct. The only time I can trace its mention in the courtroom is when JM asked Alyce LV to confirm its existence. Otherwise that's it. I wonder how the journalists were able to access it.

Sure, and the computer sat there for 5 days before being woke up so a fair amount of things could have been ready for implementation but still it just struck me funny. Speaking of the iTunes update, did Travis have an iPod? I don't recall one being in evidence, nor an iPhone. In looking around, the App Store actually opened on July 10, 2008 via an iTunes update (although it didn't open for purchasing apps until the next day), I wonder if that was the update that downloaded into T's laptop?

You can play iTunes on the Mac. You could do that then, as well. I did, and the capability must have been available for quite some time if I managed to incorporate it into my life! (I am not usually an early adopter.) Presumably, it worked on PC's. You could port your iTunes downloads onto your computer and then send them to your iPod. I have an old iPod; this is how I have to do it still for efficiency, if not necessity. Also, TA seems to have liked gizmos: I'll bet he had an iPod.

Statute authorizes 20-50% but I believe the DOC has set it as 20% - there are other req'd fees they collect so I suppose they want to make sure those other deductions can be rec'd?

Do we know AZ DOC has definitely set it at 20%? IIRC, I saw an AZ Supreme Court case that affirmed a 50% payout from the inmate's state-held trust fund, which is the only source of money an LWOPer is permitted to have. IIRC the "trust fund" includes the amounts that are available to an inmate for commissary, medical copays, and whatever is owed (?) to the state for room and board. The trust fund builds from donations (from visitor list?) and inmate pay (which starts at $.20 per hour, IIRC). I suppose Jodi had some money transferred from Estrella into her inmate trust fund, but I don't believe she is allowed to bring other resources into the fund (I'm not positive about this, though, and Jodi didn't have any other money anyway.) Of course, Jodi has no job skills to speak of and has a bad attitude about working, so I imagine she starts with a very low salary. IIRC, she wouldn't be working very many hours per day, either. Ooooh, the perp is gonna be hurting.... A whole week of work for a Hershey bar?

Wonder if Jodi's heard they shot & killed escaped convict from max security Richard Matt??? Wonder how that makes her feel???

Looks like it is final. the Alexanders could collect up to 50% of Jodi's $$ to make the restitution payment. Monthly as of June 22,2015.
http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/…/…/062015/m6887559.pdf
SHERRY K. STEPHENS K. Schermerhorn
Deputy
STATE OF ARIZONA JUAN M MARTINEZ
v.
JODI ANN ARIAS (001) JENNIFER L WILLMOTT
AZ DOC - INMATE TRUST ACCOUNTS
CAPITAL CASE MANAGER
RFR
MINUTE ENTRY
8:53 a.m.
Courtroom SCT-5C
State's Attorney: Juan Martinez
Defendant's Attorney: Jennifer Willmott
Defendant: Presence Waived
Court Reporter, Mike Babicky, is present.
A record of the proceeding is also made by audio and/or videotape.
This is the time set for Restitution Hearing.
Court and counsel discuss matters.
Defense stipulates to restitution as follows:
SUPERIOR COURT OF ARIZONA
MARICOPA COUNTY
CR2008-031021-001 DT 06/22/2015
Docket Code 005 Form R000D Page 2
Samantha Alexander (Individual) $ 15,530.73
Tanisha Sorenson (Individual) $ 10,754.99
Hilary Wilcox (Individual) $ 4,232.11
Steven Alexander (Individual) $ 1,372.20
Dennis Alexander (Individual) $ 225.60
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that restitution is to be paid monthly, beginning today, at
the rate of 20-50% of inmate account as determined by ADOC.
A restitution ledger was not provided.
www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov
COURTMINUTES.MARICOPA.GOV

Awesome! Thanks so much! :loveyou:

You can play iTunes on the Mac. You could do that then, as well. I did, and the capability must have been available for quite some time if I managed to incorporate it into my life! (I am not usually an early adopter.) Presumably, it worked on PC's. You could port your iTunes downloads onto your computer and then send them to your iPod. I have an old iPod; this is how I have to do it still for efficiency, if not necessity. Also, TA seems to have liked gizmos: I'll bet he had an iPod.

He said it was fried in April, and seemed sure it was Jodi. I get updates on my Dell all the time for iTunes so it could of been the same?

Do we know AZ DOC has definitely set it at 20%? IIRC, I saw an AZ Supreme Court case that affirmed a 50% payout from the inmate's state-held trust fund, which is the only source of money an LWOPer is permitted to have. IIRC the "trust fund" includes the amounts that are available to an inmate for commissary, medical copays, and whatever is owed (?) to the state for room and board. The trust fund builds from donations (from visitor list?) and inmate pay (which starts at $.20 per hour, IIRC). I suppose Jodi had some money transferred from Estrella into her inmate trust fund, but I don't believe she is allowed to bring other resources into the fund (I'm not positive about this, though, and Jodi didn't have any other money anyway.) Of course, Jodi has no job skills to speak of and has a bad attitude about working, so I imagine she starts with a very low salary. IIRC, she wouldn't be working very many hours per day, either. Ooooh, the perp is gonna be hurting.... A whole week of work for a Hershey bar?

Can't comment on the case you saw without more info (searched/UTL) but AZ DOC specifies deductions from inmate's accounts in Dept Order #905 (see Attachment A). There are no revisions in Director's orders, so this should be current. I marked the recurring items under Mandatory and Dept controlled deductions, but wasn't sure if JSS ordered any court costs, etc. If so, that would be another 10% for Taxation/Risk Mgt.

Note: the restitution taken from 'mail' received monies is 20% of the gross amount rec'd.
DOC deductionsMarked.JPG

I'm not finished with Pseudonym's testimony yet but he did say that from his 72 hour study of the original image of the hard drive there was no way to know if any of the malware cleaners such as Spybot were set to manual or automatic (Nurmi asked him specifically).

Can't comment on the case you saw without more info (searched/UTL) but AZ DOC specifies deductions from inmate's accounts in Dept Order #905 (see Attachment A). There are no revisions in Director's orders, so this should be current. I marked the recurring items under Mandatory and Dept controlled deductions, but wasn't sure if JSS ordered any court costs, etc. If so, that would be another 10% for Taxation/Risk Mgt.

Note: the restitution taken from 'mail' received monies is 20% of the gross amount rec'd.
View attachment 77190

Well, that sure is an interesting document! If I'm reading it correctly, after mandatory deductions for stuff like room and board, an inmate would have hardly anything left in the spendable account, especially if court-mandated restitution is required. I especially like the 30% for room and board! On top of the 20% for restitution. Plus any court fees, utility costs, medical copays, taxes (?), postage, copying fees....

The AZ Supreme Court case I saw verified that payment of restitution/child support came from the inmate's account, including from "mailed monies". However, this DOC order involves docking a much higher percentage (than 50%) overall! And these are charges Jodi will owe 'til the end of time. Bwahahaha!

One aspect I did have a question about..... An inmate can evidently maintain an existing bank account on the outside. Presumably, this could be used to pay for dependents' rent, child support, mom's Xmas gift, etc. Presumably it could get replenished by gifts, alimony, civil judgments levied against someone else.....But can they spend money in outside accounts on stuff to use inside? For instance, can they use it to buy books shipped directly from Amazon, or do they have to use the "spendable account" (the one they use for commissary, etc.) maintained by the state? Or do books and magazines have to be purchased as gifts by friends and family (presumably those on the visitation list)? Can inmates write checks from their outside accounts? Can they personally benefit inside from those outside accounts? I suppose they could send someone $80 to buy them a SecurePak, but not frequently...

Jodi doesn't have an outside account. Is that correct? Since she never made any money that she didn't spend on beauty products? Otherwise, she couldn't claim indigency? And it would be subject to a civil judgment brought by the Alexanders?

Regarding the killer's "Appellate Fund" amount listed at the "official" website, I have read the amount of $73K includes the matching funds. Thus, if this benelovent anonymous donor renigs they have alot less. I have a thought that the anonymous donor doesn't exist, and was created to get the gang to donate. Still far away from a &150K retainer. She will NEVER get out of PV.
Wow, I can't imagine being stuck in a cell at lock down when it is 98 degrees at night. Imagine trying to sleep? I couldn't...I keep my AC cranked to at least 70_72 F at night in the summer. I can't believe a swamp cooler would work that well. I suppose that's why inmates sleep on the floor.
The killer's goose is cooked (pun intended). It will be years before her appeal is heard, and I have no doubt it will be denied.

t

Regarding the killer's "Appellate Fund" amount listed at the "official" website, I have read the amount of $73K includes the matching funds. Thus, if this benelovent anonymous donor renigs they have alot less. I have a thought that the anonymous donor doesn't exist, and was created to get the gang to donate. Still far away from a &150K retainer. She will NEVER get out of PV.
Wow, I can't imagine being stuck in a cell at lock down when it is 98 degrees at night. Imagine trying to sleep? I couldn't...I keep my AC cranked to at least 70_72 F at night in the summer. I can't believe a swamp cooler would work that well. I suppose that's why inmates sleep on the floor.
The killer's goose is cooked (pun intended). It will be years before her appeal is heard, and I have no doubt it will be denied.

t

You're probably right about the "fund" including "matching" gifts. The odds are, too, that any attorney applying for Jodi's appeals job will be crooked, spend down the money, do no work at all, find no grounds for appeal, and make every effort to extend whatever gravy train he's on. There are plenty of options for crooks getting their hands on whatever Jodi has stashed on the outside. Then there's the Feds, the Alexanders......

Reposting from Sidebar:

"Unraveling The Lies of Jodi Arias" will be on the ID channel tonight at 8pm Eastern time. It says it's "new" which I assume means not a re-run. Guess I'll DVR it. Think we'll learn anything we don't already know?
:groucho: It's doubtful, lol. Happy Sunday all :wave:

Well, that sure is an interesting document! If I'm reading it correctly, after mandatory deductions for stuff like room and board, an inmate would have hardly anything left in the spendable account, especially if court-mandated restitution is required. I especially like the 30% for room and board! On top of the 20% for restitution. Plus any court fees, utility costs, medical copays, taxes (?), postage, copying fees....

The AZ Supreme Court case I saw verified that payment of restitution/child support came from the inmate's account, including from "mailed monies". However, this DOC order involves docking a much higher percentage (than 50%) overall! And these are charges Jodi will owe 'til the end of time. Bwahahaha!

One aspect I did have a question about..... An inmate can evidently maintain an existing bank account on the outside. Presumably, this could be used to pay for dependents' rent, child support, mom's Xmas gift, etc. Presumably it could get replenished by gifts, alimony, civil judgments levied against someone else.....But can they spend money in outside accounts on stuff to use inside? For instance, can they use it to buy books shipped directly from Amazon, or do they have to use the "spendable account" (the one they use for commissary, etc.) maintained by the state? Or do books and magazines have to be purchased as gifts by friends and family (presumably those on the visitation list)? Can inmates write checks from their outside accounts? Can they personally benefit inside from those outside accounts? I suppose they could send someone $80 to buy them a SecurePak, but not frequently...

Jodi doesn't have an outside account. Is that correct? Since she never made any money that she didn't spend on beauty products? Otherwise, she couldn't claim indigency? And it would be subject to a civil judgment brought by the Alexanders?

Room & board only applies to those who make over $2 per hour. Those are contracted jobs and probably only given to inmates with a security clearance lower than JA will ever be eligible to earn. But yes, with all the deductions and charges, there isn't much left for commissary from a paycheck, even if you eventually get to top scale of maybe 50¢ per hour. Most inmates earn 10¢ to 30¢ per hour.

As for the outside accounts, I don't know if she has one, but as you said it would be subject to civil judgement so I would guess she wouldn't keep much in it if she did. There are strict limits to the type and # of items inmates are allowed to buy, what and who they can receive from, and a $ limit to what they can own at any given time. Those amounts vary depending upon custody/phase levels. Limits include the # of publications and are restricted to those rec'd directly from a publisher - Amazon is considered a 3rd party and is not authorized IIRC. Incoming mail/pkgs are checked and unauthorized or property over the allowed limits are either confiscated as contraband or the inmate has to release it to an outside party at her expense. So whether or not she has an outside account, or if the trust $ can be used for her personal property, DOC controls her and what she 'owns'...and it's not a lot.

Reposting from Sidebar:

"Unraveling The Lies of Jodi Arias" will be on the ID channel tonight at 8pm Eastern time. It says it's "new" which I assume means not a re-run. Guess I'll DVR it. Think we'll learn anything we don't already know?
:groucho: It's doubtful, lol. Happy Sunday all :wave:

Thanks for the re-post for the program alert, neesaki! :)

My only concern is... how are they gonna cram everything into one hour? Is that enough time? I think there's enough material for a six part mini-series! :D

Regardless, I like anything that exposes that good-for-nothing wench for what she really, truly is. :)

In the last thead (auto correct is not your friend sometimes ) about Jodi and what she believes as truth. If you go back to her journal, and look in at the ones for August and September, she writes about making up her own truth . And she then wrote what if several times.

I feel her entire diary for months prior to Travis' passing was made up hogwash.. to throw detectives off her scent, she premeditated her own diary entries for months for the trial evidence. :facepalm:

'I love Travis so much, but he's so abusive sometimes, so mean to me, but I am so fragile and harmless what's a girl to do?'

Wonder if Jodi's heard they shot & killed escaped convict from max security Richard Matt??? Wonder how that makes her feel???

That she could OBVIOUSLY do a better job than he did. But when caught, agree to do several interviews like she had no choice, someone was abusing her in the system. :jail:

I know, I'm sorry, I felt I should respond this way... :blushing:

Looked at the Shawyna Forde FB page today and apparently Perryville is doing a very thorough job on JA mail, both to and from. Even SF's mail to her FB adm with talk about JA seems to have been intercepted or somehow lost. One of JA's bestest fans is claiming he's written constantly yet is hearing JA hasn't rec'd a single one of his letters. Aww, poor JA. How's she supposed to get attention if they won't let all this info in & out of her little pod?

eta: Also JA fans who have rec'd mail from her say it's all been read and marked then envelope taped, or in some cases they claim to have rec'd only empty envelopes.

Ha Ha! I hope that's true LinTX! :crossfingers:

:leaf2: HAPPY CANADA DAY to all Canadian Websleuths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akwy