Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I meant, Jodi in wilderness, ha. Just the master manipulation of consultants/staff to the prison to get those tools in. How anyone could stand to listen to her has always been beyond me, yet apparently, at the very least, the woman accused of assisting the NY duo stated to someone "they made her feel special."

I think the art of conversation can easily dupe some into thinking that individual is truly fond of their presence and entirely miss the fact that they are being conned (at least initially). If anything, JM's a con-artist.

I think that's the basic first step of the con artist--make the target feel like he/she is special.

Factoids:
Inmates are not allowed to be in any state of undress in their cells (or elsewhere) except when they're getting ready for and back from the shower or getting ready for bed. To and from the shower, they must be dressed at minimum with pajamas and bath robe. Ersatz KY is kind of messy if you try to apply it with clothes on, but I suppose this gets easier with practice......

Given that the NY inmates escaped with the help of blades hidden in hamburger meat, I thought the food visit regulations for Perryville offer a good contrast. See https://corrections.az.gov/sites/default/files/policies/900/0911_-_effective_05-07-15.pdf pp. 28ff.

AZ DOC doesn't really seem to address the reality that women can have mustaches and beards and men *advertiser censored*.
Marriage is permitted, but it doesn't seem to provide any benefits except maybe in the release process. Wedding bands cannot be exchanged. No photos are allowed and regulation clothing is required (presumably applies to both the visitor and the inmate). There can be no pending disciplinary infractions.The prospective spouse would presumably have to qualify for visitation in order for a marriage to take place.
Watch for Jodi to try to go the marriage route, but being unable to do so a) because she keeps getting disciplined and b) 'cos none of her "boyfriends" can make it onto the visitation list. Jodi's all about the ring, so there may be a little less motivation here because of the "no ring" regulations, but being able to con someone to do something—anything—for her may be motivation enough, just so she can prove she hasn't lost her touch.

Just thought you all would like to know there's a recent post (~30 minutes ago) on the FB Juan Martinez Support Page by Cathy @Court Chatter that has to do with Steven (via Tanisha).

I'm watching National Geographic's Hard Time, a series based on prison in Georgia. It's given me some great insights about what might be going down in Perryville.

Just thought you all would like to know there's a recent post (~30 minutes ago) on the FB Juan Martinez Support Page by Cathy @Court Chatter that has to do with Steven (via Tanisha).

I don't see it there.....

Factoids:
Inmates are not allowed to be in any state of undress in their cells (or elsewhere) except when they're getting ready for and back from the shower or getting ready for bed. To and from the shower, they must be dressed at minimum with pajamas and bath robe. Ersatz KY is kind of messy if you try to apply it with clothes on, but I suppose this gets easier with practice......

Given that the NY inmates escaped with the help of blades hidden in hamburger meat, I thought the food visit regulations for Perryville offer a good contrast. See https://corrections.az.gov/sites/default/files/policies/900/0911_-_effective_05-07-15.pdf pp. 28ff.

AZ DOC doesn't really seem to address the reality that women can have mustaches and beards and men *advertiser censored*.
Marriage is permitted, but it doesn't seem to provide any benefits except maybe in the release process. Wedding bands cannot be exchanged. No photos are allowed and regulation clothing is required (presumably applies to both the visitor and the inmate). There can be no pending disciplinary infractions.The prospective spouse would presumably have to qualify for visitation in order for a marriage to take place.
Watch for Jodi to try to go the marriage route, but being unable to do so a) because she keeps getting disciplined and b) 'cos none of her "boyfriends" can make it onto the visitation list. Jodi's all about the ring, so there may be a little less motivation here because of the "no ring" regulations, but being able to con someone to do something—anything—for her may be motivation enough, just so she can prove she hasn't lost her touch.

BBM ~
It kind of gives new meaning to "Hamburger Helper" doesn't it?
Or in this case maybe, "Hamburglar Helper" :smile:

I just found it. There were two JM support pages--I found it on the one with the larger number.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize there were two, it's the JM prosecutor support page.

I guess there is nothing newsworthy re inmate #281129.

Stephen is in the hospital and we should all pray for him at the request of Tanisha. She also asks that we not ask questions for now. She is very worried about her brother.

God Bless them all and please pray or send good thoughts their way.

Okay, I go on vacation and come back to silence... what's up?

I haven't had time to get back to the videos since I last left off during Psuedo's testimony, hopefully later this week or weekend, and will post any peculiarities I come across.

Does anyone happen to know if the 10-20%% (or whatever) rate that Jodi will have to pay for restitution applies (a) across the board to her paycheck and the donations to her commissary account, or (b) if the 10%-20% applies just to her paycheck and the donations are docked at a higher rate (e.g. 50%)? I'm all about (b).....

Also, I thought this thread had been closed. That's why I backed off. But I guess not?

Does anyone happen to know if the 10-20%% (or whatever) rate that Jodi will have to pay for restitution applies (a) across the board to her paycheck and the donations to her commissary account, or (b) if the 10%-20% applies just to her paycheck and the donations are docked at a higher rate (e.g. 50%)? I'm all about (b).....

Also, I thought this thread had been closed. That's why I backed off. But I guess not?

(eta)The DOC orders state a flat 20% for restitution. Statute allows for 20% - 50 %, but gives the Director of Corrections the authority to set the amount. Apparently they feel 20% is best for the general population - remember, quite a few inmates have no funds other than what they can earn in prison.

It's taken from any $ going into her inmate trust account after the mandatory deductions are taken - but mandatory fees (except for $2 mos utility) are only taken from her paycheck. So any funds over $2 per month received into her commissary account will be subject to 20%.

(eta)The DOC orders state a flat 20% for restitution. Statute allows for 20% - 50 %, but gives the Director of Corrections the authority to set the amount. Apparently they feel 20% is best for the general population - remember, quite a few inmates have no funds other than what they can earn in prison.

It's taken from any $ going into her inmate trust account after the mandatory deductions are taken - but mandatory fees (except for $2 mos utility) are only taken from her paycheck. So any funds over $2 per month received into her commissary account will be subject to 20%.
I wonder what the $2.00/mth Utility Fee includes. Any ideas?

I wonder what the $2.00/mth Utility Fee includes. Any ideas?

905.10 UTILITY CHARGING

1.1 Inmates shall be allowed the number of electrical and other powered appliances as
authorized in Department Order #909, Inmate Property. It is the responsibility of each
Institution’s Property Officer to notify the Business Administrator of all Inmates who
possess electrical appliances by submitting a Utility Charging/Status Change Request,
Form 905-12, for each inmate housed in the facility.

1.2 Except as identified in section 1.2.1 below, inmates shall be charged a fee of two dollars
per month for utility expenses for each month that the inmate possesses one or more
electrical appliances as defined in Department Order #909, Inmate Property. Including
any item previously authorized such as fans and radios, which use electrical current from
the physical plant.

1.2.1 The inmate shall be charged the full amount of two dollars regardless of the
number of days they possessed the appliance during the month. If the inmate
does not have sufficient funds for the utility charge, a hold shall be placed on
the inmate’s trust account.

https://corrections.az.gov/sites/default/files/policies/900/0905.pdf

905.10 UTILITY CHARGING

1.1 Inmates shall be allowed the number of electrical and other powered appliances as
authorized in Department Order #909, Inmate Property. It is the responsibility of each
Institution’s Property Officer to notify the Business Administrator of all Inmates who
possess electrical appliances by submitting a Utility Charging/Status Change Request,
Form 905-12, for each inmate housed in the facility.

1.2 Except as identified in section 1.2.1 below, inmates shall be charged a fee of two dollars
per month for utility expenses for each month that the inmate possesses one or more
electrical appliances as defined in Department Order #909, Inmate Property. Including
any item previously authorized such as fans and radios, which use electrical current from
the physical plant.

1.2.1 The inmate shall be charged the full amount of two dollars regardless of the
number of days they possessed the appliance during the month. If the inmate
does not have sufficient funds for the utility charge, a hold shall be placed on
the inmate’s trust account.

https://corrections.az.gov/sites/default/files/policies/900/0905.pdf

Too bad, they don't use sustainable power instead of the grid. I would vote for the inmates having to pedal stationary bikes to make soup.

I watched an illuminating NatGeo documentary series, Hard Time, last week on TV. Several situations seemed apropos: one Lifer had his account zeroed by restitution; the go-to guy for legal stuff, who was spending an undue amount of time in the law library without permission, was found out; theft of commissary stuff the moment an inmate leaves the commissary; making hooch; trafficking in coffee....

The other luuuurvely concept I herd this week..... The inmate who escaped in NY? Sweat? He's been put in a cell that he doesn't even need to be taken out of for a shower. He has a special shower in the cell that's programmed from the guards' control desk. Maybe access to the rec yard is by remote control as well?

What was the Starbucks drink that Jodi liked to get? Tomorrow is her birthday and I would like to sent a big forget you by getting one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hell Yeah