Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheesh, TA's exploits for a 30 year old man are pretty tame if you ask me. No, he wasn't a Saint - but that doesn't make him a devil. Pretty healthy sex drive, not in a monogamous relationship and taking what a woman freely offers is pretty standard for eons! Likewise, I don't begrudge JA for having a healthy sex-drive either. Her intent was in hopes that it would nail him down, but she used her wares to get what she wanted, and he used her offer as a way to satisfy his desires. It's been going on for centuries. I'm just surprised she didn't use pregnancy as a hook.

Now, the stalking and invasion of his personal space and privacy is a WHOLE NOTHA LEVEL!! She cray cray!

Edited to add: I hate the double standards. Yes, he is a man and has desires. Women have them too. Intent and honesty are the only two things that should guide physical relationships.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Totally agree! He used her for sex, she offered. So What??? He didn't want to marry her. This isn't the 18th or even 19th century. No shotgun marriages and she wasn't pregnant. She could've said no more and walked away at any time that she felt used and wasn't trapping him with sex into being with her/taking her to Cancun/marrying her. Killing him was not the appropriate punishment, even if he was a player. I don't think he was actually having sex with the other girls, just text sex because Jodi opened up the Pandora's box to his sex drive and he was still looking for a woman to marry while trying to remain chaste until the wedding night.
He quickly figured out that her conversion was phony, her Mormon commitment was shallow, and she had no intellect, only sex -that's all she had to offer, sure not marriage material.

It sounds like she was going to take his car because hers didn't have GPS and probably had bald tires. Wasn't this around the time he would have put new tires on his car? (due to her slashing them)

I think this passage is a manipulation so Jodi can have use of his car for some purpose or other in Phoenix. She comes up with a pretty "lame" excuse to not go get what she wants from Walgreens, and instead has to borrow his car and go to Phoenix?

It must be Travis' car, right? Since she promises to bring it right back?

Interim theory, until BK posts the April- June texts.

1. I'm not convinced the killer told him about the sex tape during the May text exchange. (Don't think he would have have allowed her in his house again if she had, and feel even more certain he wouldn't have trusted her enough to allow naked pictures ).

2. It seems he was still angry enough with her to not answer her first many calls from CA on her way to kill him, but 2 longish calls afterwards indicate to me he relented, and likely agreed to have her stop by en route to Ryan's so she could drop off photo CD's, the check, and most important to him- the handwritten copy of his first chapter she had either stolen or neglected to return to him.

3. I think she told him she would arrive in the afternoon, but timed her arrival for around 4am, when she knew he and the roommate would be asleep.

4. I think she snuck into his office first so she could access his computer, read his emails, and plant a virus.

5. I think she went upstairs to avoid being seen by the roommate, but didn't wake up Travis right away.

6. Maybe she went into his bathroom to put the gun and knife in a readily available place he wouldn't notice or check,maybe she also picked up his phone and checked texts to make sure nobody would be dropping by unexpectedly.

7. At some point, midmorning or even later, perhaps, I think she slid into his bed naked. I think she did that to catch him off guard and to make it less likely he would just ask for the things she'd brought and send her on her way.

8. I think her plan worked and they had sex, she took pics, but that Travis wasn't comfortable or happy about any of that.

9. I think he erased the pics the first time she left the room.

10. I think she began to play with him in earnest. Here hon, here are the pics. Let's check them out together before I go.

11. On the computer which now had a virus. She watched him angry about the virus, delighted.

12. Asundry. Check, book chapter, have a swell life chat.

13. I think he thought she had left, went to take a shower, but knew she had returned and knew she was taking pics.

14. I don't want to imagine how he felt then, becsuse I have little doubt he was starting to feel not just irritated but uneasy, if not outright afraid.

15. I think she pointed the gun at him just before the sitting poses, because I absolutely don't believe Travis the germ-o-phobic would ever have willingly sat down in the shower.

In the end I think he surprised and infuriated her even more by not dying where and how quickly she had planned. Don't know about why she left the camera and card but believe she was arrogant enough to think she had pulled off the perfect murder.

BBM. I think he's sitting because she had just stun gunned him.

Yup! Flores blew her away with her nudie pix- her response, "Well it certainly looks like me..." As if!

Funny thing about that.....I don't know if I could ever identify myself from a photo of my privates. I mean, really, it's a whole different perspective than you ever see unless you're gumby or male. "It certainly looks like me"... ummmmm.

Well, she did eventually settle on the camera excuse, but after how many years had gone by? I tend to place more value on her first formal interview with Det. Flores in Yreka. The one where she didn't have ANY excuse for herself.

But, yes, she certainly demonstrated a lot of pre-planning of the murder, just not enough post-planning. I mean she didn't even think that L.E. would connect a stolen .25 Auto from her grandparents' house to the very caliber (and thus, very likely the same gun) that Travis was shot and killed with. Was that arrogance or naivety on her part? And if Nurmi said one right thing in 2+ years in court it was "if she wanted to kill Travis, why not just shoot him and leave?" Why indeed. But no, she was at his Travis' for more than 12 hours which I think pushed her expected arrival time in Utah back by almost 24 hours. Did she WANT to get caught?

BBM. No, she didn't expect to get caught, that's why the elaborate gas can ruse- she left no paper trail in the state of Arizona from gas stations (remember, "I was never in the state"?) and dying her hair, the inconspicuous rental car, the upside down license plates, the voicemail, Ryan as an alibi. She needed enough gas to get through the state of Arizona without stopping- it wasn't for the price- she tanked up in every other state she passed through, and there are no shortage of gas stations in Arizona- including the desert.
She didn't just want to kill him, she wanted him to be awake, aware and vulnerable to who was killing him. She wanted to torture him, that's why all the overkill. She wanted him to pay for all her perceived injustices (Cancun, not marrying her, the other women, threatening to expose her, not continuing to finance her, etc. etc. etc,)

Oh, so you're suggesting she photoshopped the nude pictures of herself onto the background of Travis's bed and they were never really taken there???:thinking: Interesting idea, when I first learned to do photoediting, I used to put my dog's swimming pictures on a surfboard, and make it look like we'd been to the Eiffel Tower and Ayer's Rock in Australia- never been to either place. But everyone knew it was a joke, didn't try to claim they were real.

Lol, I wasn't suggesting that, I was talking about some of the travel pics she had posted on her websites/blog/etc but that's also a possibility I suppose.

I think this passage is a manipulation so Jodi can have use of his car for some purpose or other in Phoenix. She comes up with a pretty "lame" excuse to not go get what she wants from Walgreens, and instead has to borrow his car and go to Phoenix?

It must be Travis' car, right? Since she promises to bring it right back?

How about her School girl outfit? Maybe that's what she went to buy.

How about her School girl outfit? Maybe that's what she went to buy.

School girl she could have bought in Mesa. I'm thinking it was more a domination kind of role play, especially given the pre-party dialog ..." Your wish is my command," "good girl, " etc.

Funny thing about that.....I don't know if I could ever identify myself from a photo of my privates. I mean, really, it's a whole different perspective than you ever see unless you're gumby or male. "It certainly looks like me"... ummmmm.

LMOLAL!!:laughing::laughing:

School girl she could have bought in Mesa. I'm thinking it was more a domination kind of role play, especially given the pre-party dialog ..." Your wish is my command," "good girl, " etc.

Maybe a bondage collar?

I think she stun gunned him in the shower- his reaction of fear indicates that he didn't know she was there. She told him she had one (why lie about that?) and in 2-3 of the time sequence shots of the shower there are long jaggy white lines (I think they show the arcing of the stun gun) near his shoulder that I believe are when she stun gunned him to get him into the sitting position- I DO NOT believe these are artifacts on the photos.

I am inclined to agree with the use of a stun gun to disable him in the shower, during the retrial JM showed the pics again and although the camera didn't show the screen in court for most of them, I was able to get copies of a couple, one being the 5:28:54 that before we'd only been able to get a shot of it as JM was moving it off of the monitor, blurring and creating the jaggy white lines, this is from the retrial:

52854retrial.jpg

There is still some glare (but you can tell it's glare from the surface of the photo), and can see him much better. Who closes their eyes while in the process of sitting down in a wet, slippery shower? The photo right before the sitting full-face one is also much clearer (at least his expression is):

52912face.jpg

I am inclined to agree with the use of a stun gun to disable him in the shower, during the retrial JM showed the pics again and although the camera didn't show the screen in court for most of them, I was able to get copies of a couple, one being the 5:28:54 that before we'd only been able to get a shot of it as JM was moving it off of the monitor, blurring and creating the jaggy white lines, this is from the retrial:

View attachment 84064

There is still some glare (but you can tell it's glare from the surface of the photo), and can see him much better. Who closes their eyes while in the process of sitting down in a wet, slippery shower? The photo right before the sitting full-face one is also much clearer (at least his expression is):

View attachment 84065

Who? A religious man who has a gun pointed at him by a psycho and who is praying he survives.

Who? A religious man who has a gun pointed at him by a psycho and who is praying he survives.

Look at his expression right after sitting - that doesn't say 'I see the gun' it says 'Dammit! What the h*ll did you do?!' imo

attachment.php

attachment.php

No, the jaggy white lines I am talking about are vertical (like arcing you'd expect to see from a stun gun), not horizontal, and they are near his shoulder. If I had the whole photo sequence handy, I'd point them out but I'm positive they occur before he is sitting down.

1) Just because she may have arrived in Mesa around 4am doesn't mean TA knew it, she had a different car with possibly no plates and likely parked down the street to avoid detection and then just helped herself into the garage to wait until the roommate left. It's more than possible she fell asleep while waiting and then let herself into the office to poke around, find the camera, inspect the safe, etc until she heard TA in the shower.
2) I feel pretty confident that as forgiving as TA was, even he was past that. In fact, the angry texts may even have been about him finding the nude pics.
3) See above, he was trying to move on without her, he'd made that pretty clear.
4) TA could only delete the ones he knew about, I wouldn't doubt she'd collected what she could if only for blackmail, see 2.
5) The problem with this is that all of the nudes were in unallocated spaces and therefore the dates all came from Encase(see my above post) and the times of those would also be consistent with LE's work hours. The shower pics were only deleted so their exif data was intact and Encase was able to pull the actual dates and times from that.

I think Jodi also let Travis hear the sexphonetape; she tells him that she just wanted to hear his voice in the g-chat on the twenty sixth. He knew she had to power to hurt him in many ways. If she dropped by bringing him the cd of photo's (that wouldn't load on his laptop), and that she could've emailed them to Travis, and if she brought along a tape of the sexphonecall, he'd let her in.

Jodi's told several versions of her arrival. The most chilling was her standing, watching Travis in his office for forty five seconds, before her presence became known.

No, she didn't expect to get caught, that's why the elaborate gas can ruse- she left no paper trail in the state of Arizona from gas stations (remember, "I was never in the state"?) and dying her hair, the inconspicuous rental car, the upside down license plates, the voicemail, Ryan as an alibi. She needed enough gas to get through the state of Arizona without stopping- it wasn't for the price- she tanked up in every other state she passed through, and there are no shortage of gas stations in Arizona- including the desert.
She didn't just want to kill him, she wanted him to be awake, aware and vulnerable to who was killing him. She wanted to torture him, that's why all the overkill. She wanted him to pay for all her perceived injustices (Cancun, not marrying her, the other women, threatening to expose her, not continuing to finance her, etc. etc. etc,)
Yep. As if she didn't already do enough to him to make him pay for all of his perceived injustices. Hurricane Jodi all but ruined him financially.

But if hanging around his house all day long was part of her original plan then imo she's just not as smart as she thinks she is. But like a moth to Musco stadium lighting, I guess she had unfinished business and just couldn't leave until she had killed him in every imaginable way -- mentally, physically, emotionally and verbally. I can't even imagine the sick things she may have been saying to him as she was stabbing and kicking him.

And though it saddens me that Travis didn't fight back, the fact that Jodi was uninjured did at least take self-defense off the table as a semi-plausible defense claim for her at trial.

Hmm... I wonder if she considered waiting for one or both of the roommates to come home so it looked like a double or triple homicide to L.E.? [yikes!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV