Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have GOT to quote 6-10-07 to you.

"Yesterday, I sang for Travis. Karaoke rule. I sang 'My Guy' by Mary Wells. Every line in that song is so true. My loyalty and devotion to him runs very deep. I also sang 'Don't know why' by Nora Jones. He was so adorable during this song. He knelt down and watched me w/a smile on his face. He gives me butterflies even after all the time I've known him. He told me later that he liked the way I sing. A huge compliment to me. He's so wonderful in every way. He takes my breath away at times. no joke. JA."

Puke bucket. Do people really write this way after knowing a man 7 months? She's acting like the relationship is brand new. That's why I do not believe that they had all that sex all the time. I think Travis holding off, doing foreplay, making out, and all that made her more "in love" because she was obsessing about what she wasn't getting--or rarely getting.

All this just 19 days before breakup day? Wow.

Agreed with all. I don't believe they saw each other much at all, let alone had sex. And certainly no "dating." Besides, by June 2007 he's never heard her sing before? When she claims they were boyfriend/girlfriend? And she's known him, like forever (all the time I've known him, barf)?

Coming out of :lurk: mode to say:

:thanksgiving: everyone!

And :tyou: for the laughs! Wish you all a good day! :wave:

Perhaps you should reread one of your own older posts... :)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Alexander-s-Journals-and-text-messages/page2
" And she knew that he had met a sexy very Mormon "cutie pie" who he seemed very interested in, and who he was flirting with via Facebook emails on May 24 and May 25. "

LOL. I'm honored that you dug up one of my older posts. :)

If you read all the way through that thread (Travis Journals and texts) you'll see that I went back and forth numerous times about what the May 26th text fight was about & when she began premeditating his murder.

Still am considering and reconsidering and changing my mind, based on access to new info, especially the texts, and having a different perspective after months of not thinking about any of this at all. :)

May change my mind altogether again after May texts....Wheeeee..

FYI.....

1. The killer returned the engagement ring to Travis before she left for Yreka (per Clancy Talbot).

2. The journals she stole from Travis were never recovered (several of his friends have said this, including the Hughes).

3. The killer isn't the only source for the info that she held onto T's handwritten chapter until June 4. The texts about postscripts etc. are confusing, but the larger context is that after April 6, '08 written communications allegedly between the two of them are suspect.

Yikes. Remember when Jodi asked Travis to send her something in the mail and to include a handwritten note? That was very soon after she left Mesa - looking back I bet that was part of her plan to learn to write like Travis, or copy/paste his writing to make that letter. Could she really have been planning that far back?

I think it's pretty clear she began plotting revenge of whatever kind at least by the time she Mesa, April 5 or 6. She'd already escalated enough to destroy his BMW (late March) and to steal his Lisa journals and diamond ring (mid-March).

His late March/early April threat to expose her for the psycho she was scared her enough that she confessed the same day, by phone, to stalking him.

Plotting we know for sure now (fake May 2 text, etc). For spiteful revenge? To scare off GF's? For deterrence- you expose me and I will expose you? Or, flat out planning on murder before or by the time she left?

I don't think we'll ever know for sure. :(

BBM. As always, Jodi has the wrong word. "Postdated" means to put a date on your check that's after the date you're handing the check over to the recipient. You do this if you're late with your rent and your paycheck hasn't come in yet. Here "post" means after. Jodi evidently means postmarked.

There has to be a reason why Jodi wants anything about postmarking inserted in that text. She knew when she had mailed it. Travis had the book. Why would postmarking even be relevant?

That's why I think she inserted that line of text herself.

Later...Now I get it: Jodi is being nasty because she's manipulatively decided TA is telling her she's a liar. She responds to the effect: I sent it two days ago, Stupid. Look at the postmark, Stupid... And TA doesn't rise to the bait; he's basically saying he doesn't give a rip.

I'll bet she was seething over his response...

Later...Now I get it: Jodi is being nasty because she's manipulatively decided TA is telling her she's a liar. She responds to the effect: I sent it two days ago, Stupid. Look at the postmark, Stupid... And TA doesn't rise to the bait; he's basically saying he doesn't give a rip.

I'll bet she was seething over his response...

Something is off about the whole exchange.

Travis was very organized and detail oriented. He asks her where is his chapter, she says I mailed it 2 days ago, he says I work fast and it's already in the recycle bin.

Why would he ask her where it was he if he had already received it?

Regarding the Helio phone and the sex tape.. Call me a slow learner, but I now see why she had to lose the first phone. It only had a limited amount of recording space on it. Since she wanted to save the sex tape forever, she had to "lose' the phone. What I'm wondering is if LE found traces of dry runs underneath the final sex tape.

I'm wondering if one reason (concealed to us) that JM wanted the sex tape admitted into evidence is that he was going to bring up the dry runs as evidence, but at the last minute (perhaps after the Jodi hissy fit) he wasn't allowed to mention those. I really don't think Jodi was worried about having her sex practices all over the universe—for one thing it had always been her intention to ruin Travis publicly with the tape, and she smirked every time she talk about sex with him in the trial—but there was some other reason to try her darndest to prevent it from getting admitted. I'm guessing there was something underneath that recording....

Something is off about the whole exchange.

Travis was very organized and detail oriented. He asks her where is his chapter, she says I mailed it 2 days ago, he says I work fast and it's already in the recycle bin.

Why would he ask her where it was he if he had already received it?

I'm assuming he meant he'd tossed the envelope in the recycle bin. But this would mean we'd have to analyze "I got it." Maybe he just means, "I get it that you didn't send it yet."

Regarding the Helio phone and the sex tape.. Call me a slow learner, but I now see why she had to lose the first phone. It only had a limited amount of recording space on it. Since she wanted to save the sex tape forever, she had to "lose' the phone. What I'm wondering is if LE found traces of dry runs underneath the final sex tape.

I'm wondering if one reason (concealed to us) that JM wanted the sex tape admitted into evidence is that he was going to bring up the dry runs as evidence, but at the last minute (perhaps after the Jodi hissy fit) he wasn't allowed to mention those. I really don't think Jodi was worried about having her sex practices all over the universe—for one thing it had always been her intention to ruin Travis publicly with the tape, and she smirked every time she talk about sex with him in the trial—but there was some other reason to try her darndest to prevent it from getting admitted. I'm guessing there was something underneath that recording....

Is it possible she used another "voice recorder" for the the sex tape call and then managed to get it onto her Helio phone with different clips all attached?

Is it possible she used another "voice recorder" for the the sex tape call and then managed to get it onto her Helio phone with different clips all attached?

I think that's correct, but she might have tried it several times before she got it the way she wanted it on the Helio.

It seems to me that Jodi often experimented with different ways of being devious before finalizing the exact method she wanted to use. She could have recorded several versions on the Helio until she got it just right.

She also could have recorded TA in bits over the weeks, offloaded those bits before she spliced them together, and once they were spliced on a computer, played the whole recording back onto the phone. This would mean she'd have layers of TA pre-spliced conversations on the Helio with dates and time stamps.

Perhaps the computer could dial the Helio phone and start talking and she'd record? I think I can do this on my computer, but they may not have had the technology then.

Oh, by the way, for business, with a client's consent, I could attach a regular little voice recorder to my land line phone and have it record the conversation.

Debbie Moran did a great analysis of this. There's no way she recorded the sex call on the Helio. Maximum length for recording was 3 minutes, the call was 66 odd minutes, she figured there would have been 21 segments of the call if Helio, but there were only 5 segments.

She think the killer used the digital recorder LE found in a trashcan in her room at grandparents' house to record (which means she could easily have edited/spliced etc. from different calls) and then transferred to the Helio.

His roommate Zach knew he was going to buy one, Zach is a photographer and T asked his advice, Zach used a Sony which is why Travis bought one. The date he bought it is on the Resolving thread, in late April iirc.

This camera purchase is not a very important point given all the more important aspects of this case that have been discussed but I still find it interesting in that it stresses even more Travis' need for acceptance. Of course, we all have the need to be accepted and people buy some of the things they buy to impress others and thus garner a certain degree of acceptance by those they have impressed.

Travis goes out and buys a camera that he really could not afford because his roommate/friend has a similar model if not the same model and recommended the brand. I think it shows that TA's need for acceptance, or his need to impress (same thing IMO) was more pronounced than many people in his life knew it to be.

JA knew though. It's how she knew what buttons to push to manipulate him so easily.

All JMO.

This camera purchase is not a very important point given all the more important aspects of this case that have been discussed but I still find it interesting in that it stresses even more Travis' need for acceptance. Of course, we all have the need to be accepted and people buy some of the things they buy to impress others and thus garner a certain degree of acceptance by those they have impressed.

Travis goes out and buys a camera that he really could not afford because his roommate/friend has a similar model if not the same model and recommended the brand. I think it shows that TA's need for acceptance, or his need to impress (same thing IMO) was more pronounced than many people in his life knew it to be.

JA knew though. It's how she knew what buttons to push to manipulate him so easily.

All JMO.

Agreed. He may have purchased the camera as a business expense so he could write it off. IMO he wanted his own camera for pics so he didn't have to use JA pics or camera for his blog and book he was writing. IMO

Feb 2007 they were NOT exclusive. Sky had the same reaction to Arias' statement under oath.

"Jodi said that she and Travis were not girlfriend/ boyfriend in an email she’d sent to Travis in mid-February."

Hughes, Chris; Hughes, Sky (2015-04-22). Our Friend Travis: The Travis Alexander Story (Kindle Location 1575). BookBaby. Kindle Edition.

This was an email she claimed to send to Abe A., however Abe never received the email is what is written here. And the Hugh fight was in April, so I don't know, but Sky states again there was no evidence of their exclusivity, yet the signs were that they were headed towards a more serious relationship; hence their intervention. Travis may have started to seem happier with her in Feb, but that changed/fluctuated.

In the tapes, he says that Abe kissed his girlfriend. Jodi giggles that she hadn't been his girlfriend yet. Since he uses the word, she had to be at some point. Just when that was is the question....

Thanks. This explains it all to me. I thought that was weird, too. The recycle bin. It could be that he put just the envelope in the recycle bin, but why waste your breath on a discussion about an envelope?

As I said in my other post, I think she wanted him to see that she overnighted it. She was complaining she had no money to send it. I think she wanted praise for scrounging up the money to overnight it. As he usually does when she passively aggressively looks for praise, he ignored it.

But I think she wanted him to look at the postmark and realize "all she'd gone through" to get him the papers. Just my guess, though.

I'm assuming he meant he'd tossed the envelope in the recycle bin. But this would mean we'd have to analyze "I got it." Maybe he just means, "I get it that you didn't send it yet."

It's not suspicious. I think it's very simple. she said she mailed it two days ago. he checked the mail. There it was. he opened it. Tossed away the envelope in the recycle bin. That could be a bin inside or outside, a shredder, who knows. She wanted to know the postmark--for whatever reason. He didn't bother getting the envelope out of the bin to look at it or he couldn't because he was no longer in the room and didn't feel like going back, he had shredded it, who knows.

Why did she want to see the postmark? Maybe she had to drop it in the mail bin at the post office instead of waiting to get it stamped at the counter. Maybe she put it in the mail bin at the PO after hours. Who knows. But now that he has the handwritten pages, which I'm assuming she copied for herself, he's onto the next thing. Are you still typing it for me?

I don't find this exchange suspicious at all unless she actually mailed it while pretending to have problems doing so between when he asked and the day he got it.

ETA--

My original reason for bringing it up was to show another lie in her manifesto about bringing him the pages on June 4th. But this also shows Jodi's pattern of not dong stuff for him that she says she'll do. There's other instances of her taking forever to do stuff elsewhere in the journals.

Jodi slashed Lisa's tires.

I think this is the reason Travis and Lisa broke up in February.

There's a 3rd tire slashing that occurs February 10 into February 11th. Here's how it goes (paraphrasing):

Lisa and Travis appear to be together on the 10th, going to dinner at the Hyatt's. Deanna texts at 9pm that she's an official snowboarder. This is important for later.

2:11am Lisa--Can you call me after you call the cops, please?
Nothing from Travis.
around 830am Lisa--can you call me as soon as you know something. (she gives her work number because her cell phone is low battery.)

837am--lisa just wants him to call her when he wakes up.

around noon--Travis tells Tallie his tires got slashed a 3rd time. He blames it on a disgruntled roommate. (yes, he says his own tires.)

Around the same time--tells Sky about it. Sky wonders why his car wasn't in the garage (cause it wasn't his car. My guess, he doesn't want people to know Lisa was at his house that late.)

around 4pm--Lisa wants to know what tow trucking company he used. (why? Cause it's her car that got vandalised.)

Travis replies that the car should be there.

Jodi starts texting, wanting her garage door opener? He doesn't send her texts back. she texts about 3 times in two hours.

But I believe this is FHE night, too. Mimi was at Travis' house. He's stoked.

He filed a police report on this one.

I didn't think anything of it, but I was watching HLN for Chris and Skye to see if they'd say when Travis joined PPL. I want to know when he got his ring and how often you get a ring because of the ring thing Jodi said to Travis when she was talking about Abe. While listening, they said an "on and off girlfriend's" tires got slashed. I thought they meant Deanna, but she seemed to be just back from snowboarding at 9pm that night, so she wasn't at Travis' house. the other on and off girlfriend is Lisa.

I never put those pieces together before. I'm amazed. HLN didn't think it could be brought out in trial because it was hearsay. I don't know why Lisa couldn't testify that after her tires got slashed, she was outty! But it might also have to do with Mimi, who Travis started being interested in about the first of Feb.

What do you think?

In the tapes, he says that Abe kissed his girlfriend. Jodi giggles that she hadn't been his girlfriend yet. Since he uses the word, she had to be at some point. Just when that was is the question....

Couldn't have been April 07, Arias even asked Sky during the argument, "Are you going to tell Travis not to date me?" Who would refer to their boyfriend in dating terms like that..? Sky: "Yes!" She breaks down and cries that she can't lose him. It doesn't seem like they had a steady relationship status here. Maybe in May, he got a bit cut off from the Hughes (strained relationship at that point), or there was some trip in June, Travis' friends were making comments to the Hughes about how they didn't feel like 'Jodi was right* for Travis. So that makes their possible relationship status... at best, three months.

And are we sure that Travis didn't have a slip of the tongue again? His speech slurs and he sounds awfully tired at night. He may have blurted out something improperly and she got a kick out of being referred to as *his g/f*. He may have told *her*, they were exclusive, but he rambles at night, I swear. Most of the time, the texts indicate he was very clear with her they weren't going to be serious. She went on like it wasn't an issue for her. What she did, conflicted with that sentiment, is all.

Jodi slashed Lisa's tires.

I think this is the reason Travis and Lisa broke up in February.

There's a 3rd tire slashing that occurs February 10 into February 11th. Here's how it goes (paraphrasing):

Lisa and Travis appear to be together on the 10th, going to dinner at the Hyatt's. Deanna texts at 9pm that she's an official snowboarder. This is important for later.

2:11am Lisa--Can you call me after you call the cops, please?
Nothing from Travis.
around 830am Lisa--can you call me as soon as you know something. (she gives her work number because her cell phone is low battery.)

837am--lisa just wants him to call her when he wakes up.

around noon--Travis tells Tallie his tires got slashed a 3rd time. He blames it on a disgruntled roommate. (yes, he says his own tires.)

Around the same time--tells Sky about it. Sky wonders why his car wasn't in the garage (cause it wasn't his car. My guess, he doesn't want people to know Lisa was at his house that late.)

around 4pm--Lisa wants to know what tow trucking company he used. (why? Cause it's her car that got vandalised.)

Travis replies that the car should be there.

Jodi starts texting, wanting her garage door opener? He doesn't send her texts back. she texts about 3 times in two hours.

But I believe this is FHE night, too. Mimi was at Travis' house. He's stoked.

He filed a police report on this one.

I didn't think anything of it, but I was watching HLN for Chris and Skye to see if they'd say when Travis joined PPL. I want to know when he got his ring and how often you get a ring because of the ring thing Jodi said to Travis when she was talking about Abe. While listening, they said an "on and off girlfriend's" tires got slashed. I thought they meant Deanna, but she seemed to be just back from snowboarding at 9pm that night, so she wasn't at Travis' house. the other on and off girlfriend is Lisa.

I never put those pieces together before. I'm amazed. HLN didn't think it could be brought out in trial because it was hearsay. I don't know why Lisa couldn't testify that after her tires got slashed, she was outty! But it might also have to do with Mimi, who Travis started being interested in about the first of Feb.

What do you think?

Yeah, that's true, her tires got slashed, she also got a letter from Jodi, "invoking wrath of God" about her "whoredoms." However, she found out through her roommate I believe (with JA running the show), that Travis was still seeing Jodi at that time as well (even though he wanted her to go back to California). That's what I was referring to earlier, this was that 2nd time they broke up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove