Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With Pocket's corrections for time. THANK YOU!!!!

May 2. 2008. The day Travis did not send the killer that 10 page tied to a tree rape fantasy.

The one piece of it on her Helio I just saw had a time stamp of 9:20 something AM. The morning of May 2.

From the texts of that day.<From the texts, May 1>

Texting begins 10:49pm. Travis initiates.

T says- you don't care about me. She responds - didn't you see my nice comment on yr blog? (Must be April 22 entry? His next will be on May 5, intro to his book).

From 10:50pm to 11:13pm. they discuss blogs. He's read her entry of April 27 and tells her- a little plagiarism in there. She is very defensive, says she did NOT steal any ideas from Travis, just the idea to post on a blog these thoughts she'd has for oh such a very long time. (scared of power within, etc). She goes on and on about this until Travis finally puts an end to it by telling her- either way, it was a good post.

She does not revel in that compliment, BTW, which was very atypical for her.

At 11:13pm. T asks her what she is doing, she says looking at her emails. In reply to her he says that he is "catching up to a slow start to an already wasted day."

She asks him how did he waste it, "you overachiever, you."
He says by talking Taylor off the ledge, she says that's what friends are for.

11:18pm T says- I don't believe you are checking emails.

11:20pm J- "sure am. One from Dr. Hughes, one from Darryl's mom. That was random."

11:21pm. J- would you rather I said that my fingers are in my p-ssy? That I'm a horny little school girl who needs immediate alleviation?

11:22pm. T: oh my gosh. Are you trying to distract me? Its working. But just the same, email me and say hi.

11:23pm. J: alrighty.

11:24pm. J: oh, and I got a call from an officer saying there was a federal warrant out for my arrest! That was crazy! But it was a mistake haha.

11:25pm. T: saw that.

11:25pm. T: no email, huh?

11:26pm. J: just sent it?

11:27pm. J: Hang on. Trying something else.

11:27pm. T: uh huh. It's easy to send an email, jodi.

11:28pm. J: Gmail, dude. Accept my chat request.

11:39pm. J: maybe there was a delay with hotmail. I went to Gmail.

11:59pm. J: sent you another email.

The next text comes on May 4, the killer telling him to have a good night. He doesn't reply. His first text to her since 11:27pm on May 1 isn't until 2am on May 5.

On May 5 the killer sends him many urgent demanding wheedling texts that he drop everything and visit her that weekend in Yreka. He says no.

We know Travis didn't send her that 10 page warped fantasy of her own. She sent it to herself. What I'm curious about, though, is why Travis was pressing her to send him an email. They're texting, he says he wants her to email him just to say hi. That is....odd.

Also odd is the "oh my gosh" by Travis. She says that. He doesn't. I can't remember a single text in which he says anything remotely like that. Curious.
Last edited by Hope4More; Today at 11:03 AM.[/QUOTE]

Looking through all April texts again, checking for PPL and Gus Searcy related texts, and what jumps out is T's activities at the end of April. In other words, just days before May 2.

First, around April 28-30, Travis is definitely juggling the ladies, sometimes flirting with 3 literally at the same time. He was seemingly absolutely determined to have at least one of them over to his house to enjoy more than tea and crumpets.

The killer is listening in, I assume, and interrupts every once in a while to ask or tell T some non sequitur or the other.

But here's what's odd. Again the pattern of GF's texts going missing, but this time is different. Some of the time the GF's do get the texts.....but they are blank. On one, a single emoticon is there but the rest of the text is missing.

The killer is collecting the texts, maybe?

If his phone had a SIM card she could have had it duplicated, then she could have had a fully functional clone of his phone, with the ability to receive and/or monitor all of his calls, and send texts in his name.

I'm not sure if both could work at the same time, and a thousand miles apart; I'll look into it.

ETA: It's not easy to do. It requires special equipment and isn't 100% undetectable, but I don't see how else she could intercept and/or modify his outgoing texts.

If his phone had a SIM card she could have had it duplicated, then she could have had a fully functional clone of his phone, with the ability to receive and/or monitor all of his calls, and send texts in his name.

I'm not sure if both could work at the same time, and a thousand miles apart; I'll look into it.

Thanks. Wonder if and how her urgent need to get the Helio fits in? She had at least 2 cell phones through all of April, the Helio and the android phone she did not accidentally drop in hot chocolate.

Snipped from Hopes post:

11:24pm. J: oh, and I got a call from an officer saying there was a federal warrant out for my arrest! That was crazy! But it was a mistake haha.

Hmm, first off I seriously doubt an officer would call to tell you they have a Federal warrant for your arrest...:copcar: I just wonder why she said that? Did she do something wrong at a Federal level, and if so... what? It just seems odd, like she was putting out a feeler. :thinking: I say truth serum injection, and we'll ask the questions! :laughing:

Thanks. Wonder if and how her urgent need to get the Helio fits in? She had at least 2 cell phones through all of April, the Helio and the android phone she did not accidentally drop in hot chocolate.

What's the time line for the Helio, and did she ever 'borrow' Travis' phone for any length of time?

Snipped from Hopes post:

Hmm, first off I seriously doubt an officer would call to tell you they have a Federal warrant for your arrest...:copcar: I just wonder why she said that? Did she do something wrong at a Federal level, and if so... what? It just seems odd, like she was putting out a feeler. :thinking: I say truth serum injection, and we'll ask the questions! :laughing:
What did Travis mean by 'saw that'? How could he see her incoming calls?

Maybe he meant he saw her poster in the post office.

If you forward your phone to another number do text messages forward too?

If you forward your phone to another number do text messages forward too?

Probably, but she would need to have set his phone to both forward and continue to accept calls directly, if that's even possible.

I don't know, what an odd reply though. Half the time I think he was distracted with other interests and just couldn't keep up with two or three girls at once, lol.

Phones--

Gus gave her the Helio in early April (5, 6, or 7th). She drove to his place on the way back to Yreka. She testified during trial that she needed another phone because she'd dropped hers in hot cocoa in the UHaul.

She put a lot of effort into obscuring when she actually left Mesa, and lied to Travis about where she was en route. Maybe the lies were to cover for when she got the Helio from Gus (and thus the fact she still had phone one).

As for access to T's phone. She had access to it almost daily, but I don't know how she would have been able to take it for hours away from the house. She had access to his computers as well though, in the house and by hacking.

Travis being able to "see" that call. A weird response, but maybe not entirely? Somewhere in that same timeframe the killer texts him-- wow. That hurts. You're screening my calls? Wow.

WTH, except part of the problem is there doesn't seem to be anyway of knowing which texts she might have planted on his phone....

I just posted some more stuff on the Sidebar that I didn't know before reading the Hughes book. I am shocked, yet not shocked, at some of the things I referenced. You can see just how heinous she was, even in the aftermath of his death. I would be interested reading your take on them here if you don't mind commenting. TIA.

I just posted some more stuff on the Sidebar that I didn't know before reading the Hughes book. I am shocked, yet not shocked, at some of the things I referenced. You can see just how heinous she was, even in the aftermath of his death. I would be interested reading your take on them here if you don't mind commenting. TIA.

Thanks for sharing from the Hughes' book. I read it months ago but had forgotten a lot of the details you've posted about.

I did remember the horrible image of her not only going to the memorial service, but trying to dominate & control it.

That she brought a memory photo book and asked his friends and family to sign it seems especially cruel too. She knew what she was doing, knew that most of those closest to Travis suspected her. She was there to revel in their pain and to demonstrate that she'd won, IMO.

Why was the 10th significant?

Personally, I don't think it was. I think she was recording calls since her move and she put them on her phone, in segments on May 10th. The interesting thing is, JM's office never got to analyse the phone. And Nurmi was in a tizzy, thinking JM was accusing the segments as being fraudulent. She possibly backdated them. I don't know why she would, but without a reason for it, I have to go with that just happens to be the upload date.

If that phone is the same phone with the May 2nd sex text message, then there's really no wonder it magically appeared and had these bits of evidence that JM can't directly analyze because the defense didn't turn over the phone. :facepalm:

Same as them letting Darryl's penis be submitted into evidence as travis penis. Did that come from the same phone, I wonder?

Zuri, I hadn't really planned on reading the Hugheses book since I thought it might be a little too one-sided and too laudatory about Travis. Your synopsis of the book has definitely changed my mind. If others want to read what Zuri's written, it starts with Post #14 on Sidebar # 57.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

That poor man who was vulnerable to her psychopathy did not buy her a car or co-sign for one or help her financially in any way after she left Mesa.

He agreed to sell her the BWI on ridiculously easy terms for her after she had (intentionally, IMO) blown it up.

She never had possession of the car. The BWI was still in a garage, unrepaired, at the time of his murder. She tried to convince the executor of T's estate that the car was hers. Denied.

She still had her Infinity at the time of the murder. Her excuse for renting a car in June was that the Infinity used too much gas. Her car was repossessed by the time she was arrested. Or as she explained to Flores then, she had " given it back to the bank."

I don't have enough information to say he did or didn't help her financially after the move. It sounds to me like he did. I don't know what car she had in Mesa, what happened to it, and how she got the infiniti to Yreka, if it was in Mesa, and what was going to happen to the infinity if she'd towed the BMW, unbroken, to Yreka. I know she did not tow it there once it was broken.

I don't know why she "loves" her car so much if the infinity is the same car she kept pawning off on Travis while in Mesa. Something is very hinky about the financial institution. Maybe he was trying to make her get a loan for the BMW. I don't know. But something's not right about the whole car situation and hasn't been since the moment she started asking him all the time to switch cars. I don't know why they were doing that.

Yes, and that hardly made him a fool. Travis seemed to be a very loving, caring, and giving man. No human being deserves to be tortured and slaughtered the way he was. :( What part of GTF out of my life did that beast not understand?

Yeah, he was all those things and no he didn't deserve it, but I don't know what else you call a person who kept falling for the okey-doke. He was human, he was imperfect, and he made mistakes. I have loving feelings toward a man I met when he was dead, but if he does something I deem as foolish or if I think he was a fool for doing something, then I'm gonna say so. He didn't do everything right or else he wouldn't be dead.

I'm surprised by how much I care about a dead man, but that doesn't mean he didn't have his moments.

Phones--

Gus gave her the Helio in early April (5, 6, or 7th). She drove to his place on the way back to Yreka. She testified during trial that she needed another phone because she'd dropped hers in hot cocoa in the UHaul.

She put a lot of effort into obscuring when she actually left Mesa, and lied to Travis about where she was en route. Maybe the lies were to cover for when she got the Helio from Gus (and thus the fact she still had phone one).

As for access to T's phone. She had access to it almost daily, but I don't know how she would have been able to take it for hours away from the house. She had access to his computers as well though, in the house and by hacking.

Travis being able to "see" that call. A weird response, but maybe not entirely? Somewhere in that same timeframe the killer texts him-- wow. That hurts. You're screening my calls? Wow.

WTH, except part of the problem is there doesn't seem to be anyway of knowing which texts she might have planted on his phone....

If Jodi was sneaking into his house when was asleep, she could see the phone. If he let her sleep at his house during the move, she'd have access to the phone while he was asleep.

I thought by screening calls, she meant he wasn't picking up because she was on the caller id.

Yeah, he was all those things and no he didn't deserve it, but I don't know what else you call a person who kept falling for the okey-doke. He was human, he was imperfect, and he made mistakes. I have loving feelings toward a man I met when he was dead, but if he does something I deem as foolish or if I think he was a fool for doing something, then I'm gonna say so. He didn't do everything right or else he wouldn't be dead.

I'm surprised by how much I care about a dead man, but that doesn't mean he didn't have his moments.

Then you call him a fool, I'll call him tormented and confused.

Ok so this is going to show just how shallow I am........lol

I have been going back and forth between ja interviews and court appearances and something is really bothering me about her face. It was so full and "chipmunk cheeky". How did it get so long? There is something I can't put my finger on that looks wrong. Does this bother anyone else?

Equally shallow here. She has an awful lot of bulge around her lips. Plus her eyes have that dead, out of focus look. Those are the traits that "bug" me.

As far as chipmunk vs. long sallow face, well she's been in jail for several years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member