Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Travis was dead when that text to Chris was sent. The text itself doesn't make sense, and it makes even less sense that Travis would reply to just that one text from Chris but not to the 2 received earlier, from Brooke and from Maria.

I also don't believe that Travis would have gone all day without sending more than one single text. The killer supposedly took a shower at some point. We're to believe he didn't check his phone then, didn't send a quick text to Maria or to Regan that he'd be in touch later? Nah.

I think she snuck in after he went to bed and surprised him as he took a shower in the morning after he woke up and put his sheets in the washer.

It was a weekday, too. You'd have thought he'd be texting all kinds of people, making calls, etc. despite the presence of Jodi. And he'd have his phone near him on workdays? Something had happened already.....

I think Travis was dead when that text to Chris was sent. The text itself doesn't make sense, and it makes even less sense that Travis would reply to just that one text from Chris but not to the 2 received earlier, from Brooke and from Maria.

I also don't believe that Travis would have gone all day without sending more than one single text. The killer supposedly took a shower at some point. We're to believe he didn't check his phone then, didn't send a quick text to Maria or to Regan that he'd be in touch later? Nah.

I think she snuck in after he went to bed and surprised him as he took a shower in the morning after he woke up and put his sheets in the washer.
Your kaleidoscope is whirling!!

How strange that Travis had only 1 or 2 outgoing text messages on June 4th. Very unusual for an extremely sociable guy who supposedly lived until 5:30 pm.

One chilling question:

Which was Travis' last text?
1. To Maria at 2:02 am or
2. To Chris at 12:13 pm

Your kaleidoscope is whirling!!

How strange that Travis had only 1 or 2 outgoing text messages on June 4th. Very unusual for an extremely sociable guy who supposedly lived until 5:30 pm.

One chilling question:

Which was Travis' last text?
1. To Maria at 2:02 am or
2. To Chris at 12:13 pm

Dang that kaleidoscope! But, yes, it is.

There aren't any more pieces to put together. The June texts were the last tidbits of new info.

I don't understand how or why the photos don't match up with the more plausible reality of Travis being killed in the AM, but IMO literally every other piece other than the photos suggest a Travis way too wary of her to agree to intimacy of any kind, and a morning murder.

I'll be thinking it over more, no doubt, but I think the kaleidescope pieces have fallen into place for the last time, even if that means many questions go unanswered for a very long while.

I doubt very much that JM 's book will reveal the whole truth about any of the questions we've been most interested in resolving. Appeals and all that...

There aren't any more pieces to put together. The June texts were the last tidbits of new info.

I don't understand how or why the photos don't match up with the more plausible reality of Travis being killed in the AM, but IMO literally every other piece other than the photos suggest a Travis way too wary of her to agree to intimacy of any kind, and a morning murder.

I'll be thinking it over more, no doubt, but I think the kaleidescope pieces have fallen into place for the last time, even if that means many questions go unanswered for a very long while.

I doubt very much that JM 's book will reveal the whole truth about any of the questions we've been most interested in resolving. Appeals and all that...

Don't forget, JM's book is coming to town soon.
Maybe he will give us more kaleiodoscope pieces.

I say it was hinky because Travis and Chris discussed not clicking on your google ads because google would know and shut you down. So when I see him looking at a video about browsing anonymously before he seemingly clicks to his site through a google ad link, it looks hinky, but I don't know anything about those links and if that's what he was really doing.

Dworkin's testimony gives us all of Travis internet activity in the am of June 4th. Last access was 435am. It went like this (if I typed notes correctly as I listened):

04:08:11--YT.com
4:11:04--YT.com daft hands better hard, faster, stronger
4:15:13--yt.com daft hands-double speed, faster, better
4:24:00-- yt.com free webproxity-air-proxy.com
04:33:55--www.travisalexander.net. googlesync/google syndication.com
04:35:45--travisalexander.net

oh, and sorry, but the links on 4:33 and 4:35 are not exactly right as written. I forgot that I told myself to not worry about it and just go screen capture the docs later. I believe Dworkin was day 13 and the papers were put up on the screen if you want to double-check what my half asleep self noted. :blushing: YT above indicates he was watching youtube.

I remember a text from her back at the end of March or first of April where she said something like Naps was so excited to see her and she hadn't seen him like that in a while or something of that nature. So it gave me the impression that Naps would be animated. Whether it would wake anyone up, I don't know. I do wonder where his phone was that the 553am text from Brooke didn't wake him up either, though -- unless he was awake and talking with Jodi and not replying to Brooke because of Jodi.

I tracked that drive to his house. It's 6 hours--if she drove 64 miles an hour on average. So that's a 3am arrival time. Would she drive faster than 64? I don't know.

It's a lot to this case. Watching the testimony even several times makes you find something new. I can't imagine how the jurors felt. If I had been a juror, I promise you, it would have been a month to get a verdict if I was sitting in there with all that evidence. I mean, I already know what my vote would be, but I would have sifted through every bit of it anyway. I have a feeling you would have, too, right? :)

Yep. If I'd been on that jury we would still be deliberating, because I'd have insisted upon reading every single email and text and journal entry and all the phone records, just for starters. :D

About the proxy server and accessing T's blog/website via Google. You're right. Travis knew better and wouldn't have done so. The killer probably didn't know and wouldn't have cared anyway.

My bet is that she was snooping messages left by and for Travis on his website.

In the morning when she got there she sneaked in on him, he told her to leave right away, she seemed to, fiddled with the camera in the car, messed with photos, set the camera up for the murder? maybe she even planned on stealing it?, he slept some, woke up; to start out the day fresh and efficient, he got out the vacuum cleaner, put his sheets and LDS underwear in the wash (since he'd just slept in them), he got in the shower, she came back..... she coulda been hiding downstairs all that time.... If she stayed in the house, she wouldn't have got undue attention from Naps.

There's no sign he made any work calls. I've always found this extremely odd. His business might not have been going well, but he was still a business guy, and he wasn't making no money at all. He also would have had to make sales calls to keep his volume up and please his new boss.

He randomly takes a shower at five pm? with no date scheduled? Makes no sense.

She slept all afternoon after the murder on his couch or in her car. She took a shower in a truck stop? At a lake? At a campground? a KOA?

Did Jodi really come in on him when he was watching those bizarre youtube videos, or could she have got that information from the evidence? When she was pro se, she could have researched them on the internet?

In the morning when she got there she sneaked in on him, he told her to leave right away, she seemed to, fiddled with the camera in the car, messed with photos, set the camera up for the murder? maybe she even planned on stealing it?, he slept some, woke up; to start out the day fresh and efficient, he got out the vacuum cleaner, put his sheets and LDS underwear in the wash (since he'd just slept in them), he got in the shower, she came back..... she coulda been hiding downstairs all that time.... If she stayed in the house, she wouldn't have got undue attention from Naps.

There's no sign he made any work calls. I've always found this extremely odd. His business might not have been going well, but he was still a business guy, and he wasn't making no money at all. He also would have had to make sales calls to keep his volume up and please his new boss.

He randomly takes a shower at five pm? with no date scheduled? Makes no sense.

She slept all afternoon after the murder on his couch or in her car. She took a shower in a truck stop? At a lake? At a campground? a KOA?

maybe she stayed at Travis's

maybe he had a second bath :(

Did Jodi really come in on him when he was watching those bizarre youtube videos, or could she have got that information from the evidence? When she was pro se, she could have researched them on the internet?

I would say, at a rough guess, 100% of everything that comes out of JA mouth is a lie, and I don't think I'd be exaggerating

June 2, 2:27 am - last JA's text to Travis before killing him, asking if he liked her poem she just sent.

No more texting after that, but phone calls only. why?

What could be too incriminating to put in writing? Reminds me of their May 26 exchanges.

I don't think she told him she is coming over during those calls lasting about 1 hour on June 2, 3-4 am. Otherwise, Travis would not have said he will go camping with Brooke.

She is lying about something to Travis, and he will die soon, so nobody will find out about her lies. It is very important to her no written record exists.

While on the road she initiates all 5 short phone calls. No calls from Travis. Looks like Travis couldn't care less where she is, what she is doing....

I think those calls are part of her alibis. Just like she made certain to use her debit cards each and every place she went. Meet people and be seen....bank..Starbucks...Gas stations...CVS...call Travis, since he is my good friend........

So she can say later: 'Check my receipts. Check my phone records. I have nothing to hide.'
If Travis texted her on June 2-3, she definitely erased them after killing him.

I hear you but that's just too long for her to be hanging out at his house for no good reason when she needed to be keeping her alibi. Travis didn't always respond to everyone or respond quickly every single time. If he goes to sleep with jodi at 5am, I don't expect him to be up till noon. It makes sense to me that Chris' text finally woke him up, and he and jodi started the sex. they said they have 3 or so hour sessions, according to the tape. He can't have sex, take pics, and text people at the same time.

I think Jodi probably actually slept, too. That's a hell of a lot of driving. She had to be worn out. I don't believe she would have wanted to hang out in his house all day with a dead body in it. That's just not even wise. The longer she was around while he was dead, the more danger she was in of being exposed, and the more she was ruining her alibi. If he was alive while she was there, those things didn't matter because if she was seen by, say Zack, while Travis was alive, then she'd just have to kill Travis another day. But she couldn't be caught in or near the house with a dead body in it, especially not knowing the roommates' whereabouts.

I believe they had the sex, started laundry. went in the office. He probably started on the floor cleaner. No one was texting him really either. And I don't know if Jodi took a shower. She said she did, but I don't know if that's so. I do believe she sent a text to Jonah, pretending to be travis and then she deleted it from Travis' phone. Jonah appears to be replying to something at 748pm. I don't know, but I'm suspicious of it.

I personally like the path where most of the evidence is. Most of the evidence at the house that day can't be wrong, and Melendez, Flores, and Juan Martinez can't have overlooked so much to get the time of the killing wrong. Jodi shouldn't have been hanging out at the house until 5pm for no reason. If so, she could have mopped and cleaned up that entire bathroom and not left footprints, hair, and palm prints. Isn't traffic at 5pm? I cannot imagine her sitting in 5 or 6pm traffic.

Just my thoughts. I don't know what's weird about Travis' text to Chris. Travis often said things on texts that I didn't get. I can't go behind those words. I read what you wrote about Mark or whomever, but Travis REALLY didn't like Gus, either, and managed to communicate with him. And I could have sworn I saw a text from Chris saying Travis could hang out with Abe in Cancun, too.

There is another phone in Travis' house. His landline. We don't know if Travis wasn't using it on June 4th. We also don't know if any texts were deleted or just not on this last record.

I quickly looked at May 1, 2, and may 3. Travis started texting at about noon on both days. It's not unusual for him do wake up at that time. On May 4th he didn't text a thing from 1232am to 517pm. or let me correct that may 4 to about 2am because some of his texts appear to be missing, which is exactly my point about june 4th. We don't know if any are missing.

May 5th, he begins texting at 1117am.
May 6th, first one is 148pm
May 7th 1109am
May 8th is weird. he went to bed early, apparently and got up early.
I can't tell when he slept may 9th but i believe his grandma was sick or he was traveling then.
SKipping to may 14th, first ext around 1120am

1030am on the 15th
1146am on the 22nd

I'd have to go through and read each and every text to see if he responded to every "dork" or random message he got, but I think it's safe to say it's not weird for him to start texting late morning or in the afternoon, depending on the kind of night he'd had.

she told Flores about the Daft punk videos on the interrogation tapes which were at the time of her arrest when she didn't know any of the evidence. What she tells Flores in the calls and the interrogation--before he starts feeding her info--gives us real insight to what might have happened. That's the one thing I didn't like about Flores interrogating her--he would cut her off and he'd tell her stuff in the middle of her talking. He didn't tell her that, though, about the daft punk stuff.

June 2, 2:27 am - last JA's text to Travis before killing him, asking if he liked her poem she just sent.

No more texting after that, but phone calls only. why?

What could be too incriminating to put in writing? Reminds me of their May 26 exchanges.

I don't think she told him she is coming over during those calls lasting about 1 hour on June 2, 3-4 am. Otherwise, Travis would not have said he will go camping with Brooke.

She is lying about something to Travis, and he will die soon, so nobody will find out about her lies. It is very important to her no written record exists.

While on the road she initiates all 5 short phone calls. No calls from Travis. Looks like Travis couldn't care less where she is, what she is doing....

I think those calls are part of her alibis. Just like she made certain to use her debit cards each and every place she went. Meet people and be seen....bank..Starbucks...Gas stations...CVS...call Travis, since he is my good friend........

So she can say later: 'Check my receipts. Check my phone records. I have nothing to hide.'
If Travis texted her on June 2-3, she definitely erased them after killing him.

I don't think she told him she was coming, for the most basic reason of all: if she had told him there was even a possibility of stopping by en route to see Ryan, how could she be positive he wouldn't tell a friend? She couldn't.

Starting with that thought I imagine how Travis would respond to her just showing up, completely unannounced. IMO he would have been very uneasy at best, freaked at worse, depending on the time and circumstances when she revealed herself.

I believe him when he told Regan he was scared of the killer. I also believe that he genuinely felt and meant every word of what he said to her on May 26. He did not in fact initiate any contact with the killer after that, and responded only tersely to her when she did so.

Remember Travis asking Brooke who she might have told about "pal-ing " around with him? He was worried that the killer might still be attempting to sabotage his relationships, IMO. And there is still the unknown of May 26, what she might have told him then, to consider.

He hadn't gone back onto her roller coaster, IMO. He didn't trust her, didn't like her, and felt threatened by her. Again a bottom line- it was those very feelings of his towards her that had "driven" her resolve to murder Travis.

There is another phone in Travis' house. His landline. We don't know if Travis wasn't using it on June 4th. We also don't know if any texts were deleted or just not on this last record.

I quickly looked at May 1, 2, and may 3. Travis started texting at about noon on both days. It's not unusual for him do wake up at that time. On May 4th he didn't text a thing from 1232am to 517pm. or let me correct that may 4 to about 2am because some of his texts appear to be missing, which is exactly my point about june 4th. We don't know if any are missing.

May 5th, he begins texting at 1117am.
May 6th, first one is 148pm
May 7th 1109am
May 8th is weird. he went to bed early, apparently and got up early.
I can't tell when he slept may 9th but i believe his grandma was sick or he was traveling then.
SKipping to may 14th, first ext around 1120am

1030am on the 15th
1146am on the 22nd

I'd have to go through and read each and every text to see if he responded to every "dork" or random message he got, but I think it's safe to say it's not weird for him to start texting late morning or in the afternoon, depending on the kind of night he'd had.

But he didn't text like that on the day he died..... I believe that's what we're trying to point out here.

LE would have phone records if the landline had been used. Jodi's excuse was that they were too busy having sex, but that sure doesn't mean they were.

He may have routinely used the landline for business in the mornings....no texting then.

Jodi needn't have hung out in TA's house much after the murder. She coulda left and slept in her car en route.

No matter what she did, or how much time she had, she wouldn't have been able to get rid of the blood evidence.

Was Travis expecting her? And, preplanning. From her journal (all these entries are available on Juror 13’s website; I’m paraphrasing and shortening most).

May 27. Ryan texted me. It’s been a week. Was getting worried he wasn’t really interested. Will definitely go visit him in Utah, next week or the week after, depending on budget. Will visit him and go to LA to photograph Laura’s new baby, still have to call her about that. I can go because I have off from Casa Ramos on Tues Wednesday and Thursday. Tonight was my first night working there.

May 30. Am definitely going to Utah next week. Two whole days with Ryan! Time off and budget works for me to go.

June 1. Adding Darryl and Matt to my itinerary, maybe John Dixon too. Great guy tho not a church member and talks big…like telling me my art can hang next to Monet.

Told Travis about road trip, but am trying to keep seeing Ryan a secret from Travis, because he gets so upset and jealous. T mentioned in a Gchat that he still had feelings for me everyday. Surprised me. I Just don’t want him to feel lonely. But he says he’s found the One.

Made the mistake of telling him about Dixon back in, well, August or September. He was so upset. But I wasn’t cheating on him when I was interested in Dixon, because we weren’t dating then or bf/gf. He made me tell him about Dixon. He told me I had hurt him more than he’d been hurt by the death of his father, which I believe. “Heavy.” I love him, we’re just different.

Maybe Travis will hear about Ryan through the grapevine, which might be good for him because it will “give him incentive…to getting his marriage on,” no more messing around or getting naughty with me or whoever else he’s been “doing his thing with.”

He did begin to sweet talk/guilt trip me into going to AZ instead of Utah. I almost relented, but then stayed strong. He was hurt and upset but I “gently declined, gently refused," I could tell he was still bothered. Persuaded him it was OK by reminding him he was coming here soon, and of all the things we planned to do here. He eventually said Ok, whatever.

June 2-3.

Left early, from Yreka (…..) napped at my brother’s til 2pm, then left at 3-3:30 “or something.”

(……) had breakfast with Darryl, hung out a little, ran errands- bank, then went back to Matt’s house, took nap and shower, then to Walmart , Ross, to get nails done for Utah but the wait was too long. Was supposed to see Gus the day before but had to sleep in mickey D parking lot, even after my nap at Carl’s.

I waited around in Pasadena, “killed time “ waiting for Laura to call, but she didn’t.

Note: She made no mention of ever calling Travis or speaking with Travis after June 1. This is her story before her arrest, obviously. Will post related post-arrest interrogation excerpts shortly. I can understand why she refused to answer EF's repeated questions about when she decided to go to Mesa and whether or not Travis was expecting her. She had a lot of lies to sort through and get straight.

The easiest most straightforward lie the killer could have told Flores during interrogation is that she told Travis on June 1 that she was coming to see him on the way to hook up with Ryan in Utah.

That lie would have made her story more plausible that he was waiting up for her, that they had nostalgic sex, etc. Why didn't she lie this lie?

One reason is she didn't want to admit she planned to go there from the beginning, too easy to slide into premed from there.

I think the other chief reason was how heavily invested she was in her lie about Travis being insanely jealous of even the mention of another man.

Her telling Travis she was moving on and was interested in Ryan would be the most logical reason he'd be OK with seeing her after May 26th, but only if viewed through the lenses of reality.

The story she was trying to promote in her journal, etc. was that the reason Travis was angry with her upon occasion- and devastated by her- wasn't because of anything she did, but because of his jealousy problems.

She was boxed in by that perversion of truth, IMO, as to her explanations of how and why she went to see Travis.

Police Interog Tapes. (VERY long post!!!)

I pulled out info relating to….did Travis know she was coming, the camera, her interest in seeing photos, T roommates.

Tape 2. Until this point EF has been eliciting info about her relationship with Travis, then telling her that her timeline didn’t make sense. She is denying she went to Mesa at all, so obviously nothing has been discussed about why she went there.

29:09
JA: I was not at Travis’s house. I was not…

29:15
DF: You were at Travis’s house. You guys had a sexual encounter, which there’s pictures, and we know there are pictures, because I have them. I will show them to you. Okay? So… what I’m asking you is for you to be honest with me. I know you were there.

29:46
JA: Are you sure those pictures aren’t from another time?

29:48
DF: Positive. Absolutely positive.

29:57
JA: The last time I had any sexual contact with Travis was in April.
30:09
DF: Remember I told you about the camera. That camera was damaged. Someone put it in the washing machine. Ran it through a wash cycle with some clothes of Travis’s, but the card is intact. Remember I told you that card was destroyed? I didn’t want to tell you the truth, because I wanted to make sure those photos were accurate and we can pull deleted photos. I don’t care if you delete ‘em six months ago, we can pull every photo that was on there… pull the little pixels together, get the time stamps, and we can verify those time stamps, and I have pictures of you in Travis’s bedroom with Travis, pictures of him, and it’s obvious you guys are having sex, taking photos of each other, and they’re dated and time stamped on the day he died.

31:17
JA: Are you sure it’s me? I mean…’cos I was not there…
31:20
DF: Jodi. It’s you…and you know it’s you…

Tape 3.
01:32
DF: Mmm Hmm…and the camera actually took a couple of photos by accident during the time he was being killed.

01:42
JA: Really?

01:43
DF: Yeah, Jodi, really! You were there! Quit playing this game. It’s time for you to just come out and tell me…

01:52
JA: I didn’t…no…I did not hurt Travis. I did not hurt Travis. I wouldn’t do that to him.

02:09
DF: We have the pictures.

02:21
JA: Can I see the pictures?

05:18
DF……….Jodi… if you want I could show you some pictures of him. Do you want to see pictures of him?

05:36
JA: Part of me does and part of me doesn’t?

05:39
DF: Why, because you don’t want to remember?

05:41
JA: No! I just…

05:42
DF: Jodi!

07:44
DF: I know you tried to wash him off, tried to get some of the blood off…tried to clean him up a little bit, but you’re even denying the pictures of you being there. There are pictures of you laying on the bed in pigtails.

08:01
JA: Pigtails?

08:02
DF: Yes. I’ve got pictures of you that I’ve blown up, and you’ve got the little mole right there. It’s the same one. It’s you. It’s obvious. I can show you some of these pictures. Do you want to see the pictures? Will that change your mind?

08:24
JA:I mean…I am curious.

08:27
DF: Okay. Let me take a break then. Let me go find them. I’ll bring them in and show you.

08:32
JA: I wasn’t there.
JA: I wasn’t there.

08:34
DF: You need to think about what you’re saying. This continuing to lie is not going to help you.

08:24
JA:I mean…I am curious.

06:40
DF: Then what can you tell me about his death?

06:44
JA: You know a lot more about it than I do. When I say I feel responsible, it’s because I was… I wasn’t… planning to go there at all and he really wanted me to go, and I told him, No, and I would have if it weren’t for Ryan, and there’s nothing really with Ryan and I.
In fact, he has been very hesitant to move anything forward because he’s not sure about me. Umm he said a lot of people are talking, I’ll just tell you that right now. I really wish this would get solved so that we can just put it behind us. Maybe that’s a good thing because he’s not an active Church member anyway, but…

The reason I feel is because if I had… if it weren’t for Ryan I would have folded and I would have just scrapped all my plans and spent all of my days there.

Umm… but I didn’t and I stood strong, and he got mad, and he got sad and he guilted me. He didn’t get really mad, he just kind of guilted me, and finally was like, Fine, whatever, and I hung up. (Sighs) I feel that if I would have gone there that I could of… that I could have done something… I could…

08:02
DF: But you were there, Jodi. You were there on Wednesday the 4th.

08:07
JA: Can I … Can I ask you? I don’t know if you know this. Ohhhh, I have a camera and it’s in my storage unit that I don’t use any more but Travis and I used to use frequently, and we took pictures with it. Ummmm… this is… I don’t know. This is kind of.

08:25
DF: Do you remember taking these pictures?

08:30
JA: There were many pictures. I… Vaguely. There were…we took tons and tons of pictures. Some I saved and most we deleted. Umm…Some he sent me through his phone.

08:40
DF: He usually deleted all the pictures like this.

JA: Yeah, well, before he got…

08:45
DF: Any pictures like this that I found anywhere on his computer, camera, anything, they were deleted.

08:56
JA: Well, prior to him getting his camera all of those pictures were on my camera. Umm…so,

09:05:
DF: All these same pictures?

09:09
Umm…I don’t know. I don’t know. We took…umm…we took a bunch the week before I left. Umm….we took a bunch over the last 6 or 7 months. Umm we took over the last year even when we were still dating but we would delete them mostly.

There were some that he sent me that I didn’t delete. Umm…what I’m asking… is it possible that you know that my memory card would have been in his camera, if they’re interchangeable?

09:47
DF: How do you know if they’re interchangeable?

09:49
JA: I don’t…That’s why I’m asking is what kind of memory card it was…

09:53
Just a regular little sd card.

09:56
(JA reaches across the table, picks up a pencil/pen and begins to draw on DF’s paper)
JA: Well, cos I’ve got one…I’ve got one that’s like this big, and it’s thin, like a cracker. The one I use in my professional camera is like this size, and it’s more kinda’ like that big, and the little one is really thin, and it’s got like little thingy’s here. (unintelligible)…one looks like that in the middle part, so that one obviously probably wouldn’t be interchangeable because it’s a Canon and it’s…

10:23
DF: It’s not interchangeable.

10:25
JA: But… the other one… (Sighs) I don’t know. I don’t know.

10:30
DF: Your camera’s here. His camera’s there. He just bought that camera.

10:33
JA: Well, the other camera that I used before that’s broken now it’s in my storage unit. But it’s still there.

10:39
DF: And you’re saying those pictures are on that camera?

10:42
JA: I’m… no… what I’m saying is, I had several memory cards for this camera that I don’t have any more, and so, I guess… it’s so far fetched… I would guess it’s possible that my card…

10:57
DF: You’re saying somebody took your pictures or your card and is framing you and put that into his camera and…

11:04
JA: No, no, no, no. I’m just saying that if… if my memory cards were left at his house he could…he would have used those for his camera. I don’t know. I don’t know. I can explain the blood though and I can explain the hair. I don’t know about the palm print.

12:56
DF: Is that how you want to leave this? These far fetched excuses of why your blood is there, why your hair is there, why your palm print is there, what pictures are there?

13:08
JA: I don’t know about the pictures.

13:13
DF: That’s how you want to leave this? I wouldn’t want to. I seriously would not want to. You need to come out and tell me why this happened. I will not accept any other excuses. I will just move on with my investigation with my final report submitting all the conclusions and all the evidence and we can just let a judge and jury decide. You yourself said that if you were in my shoes you would think that I was guilty. We can leave it in the hands of a jury…

17:34
JA: Here’s why I felt guilty. One of the last times we spoke, he was guilting me about not coming to see him, and part of my heart still wanted to go see him and another part just wants to move on, and pursue this new avenue, which was in Utah, and there is a tinge of guilt, you know, and he would text me and he would say, Hey, you want to come over and make out or wanna’ duh duh duh. Umm… I didn’t respond one night, and I just stayed strong, and I didn’t respond, and he called and called and called and then the next day he was like, You don’t care about me, you don’t love me, you don’t care, I was there all alone, and you didn’t want to come and hang out. You don’t want to come and keep me company, and he says it not like that, in that tone, but it’s in the sweetest, sweetest way, and it’s… it’s… guilt. Umm…

18:28
DF: I still don’t get the guilt… I really don’t. You keep explaining it but it has nothing to do with whether he…

18:34
JA: Because he guilted me…

18:36
DF: …was killed or not. How is you being there going to prevent him from being killed?

18:41
JA: Well, I kinda’ feel that if I had gone that we could have been out watching a movie or we could have…two people could have done something more than just him. I just feel like if…if there was some way that I could have prevented it or someway that I could have done something to stop it, and I told that to a few people and they’re like well, you might have been killed, too, Maybe, but maybe Travis would still be alive.

19:11
JA: Travis has done a lot for me and I wouldn’t hurt him. He introduced the gospel to me.
21:44
DF: So you’ve never seen his camera? His new camera?

21:48
JA: I don’t know. He described it…

21:50
DF: Did you ever touch his camera?

21:53
JA: I’ve never seen it.

21:55
DF: Okay. So there’s no reason your fingerprints should be on that.

21:57
JA: Huh uh (indicating no)

21:58
DF: Okay, because that things off to the lab right now, and they’re hopeful they can get some prints off the camera. And if your prints come back on that camera, what are you going to say?

22:10
JA: Well, they won’t come back on it because I never touched it.

22:20
DF: But you still can’t explain the rest of that stuff.

22:23
JA: I honestly can’t explain the pictures. The other stuff, and…or the palm print, the other stuff I can explain.

22:29
DF: No, you can’t explain the blood either, because that blood is in blood… I mean…it’s… it’s part of the print. Unless you cut yourself at the beginning of the year and left your palm print in blood and it stayed there until he was killed.

23:31
DF: Mmm hmmm. That’s why I’m here. That’s why I traveled here, because I came here to arrest you, and get an explanation from you. That’s the second reason, and since you’re not giving me an explanation, I guess we’ll just continue with the…

23:48
JA: I just have no reason to hurt Travis.

23:50
DF: You do have a reason to hurt Travis.

23:52
JA: What would my reason possibly be?
Transcript of Video 4 conclusion.

00:17
JA: Listen, it’s not that I didn’t love Travis, and it’s not that I don’t still love him, but I really needed to move on…

00:29
JA: and, the last…

00:34
DF: What prevented you from moving on? Nobody was preventing you from moving on.

00:40
JA: Well, the only person preventing me really from moving on was myself, and until I made that step and I moved back, moved away, and we communicated gradually less and less and less, and I was fine with that. Umm…I haven’t found the guy or the man that I want to marry – the person I want to spend my life with. Umm…but in my mind, Travis did, and I was happy for him, and I thought, there was also a part of me that felt, if I stay, I’m going to jeopardize that for him as well. We both deserve to be happy. We both deserve to have, you know, be married in the Temple.

01:19
DF: Mmm hmm.

01:20
JA: Umm…and that’s where he wanted to go. Umm…so, I mean I didn’t know that Mimi didn’t feel that way. I had never spoken to her, except at church when I came down to Arizona. It was really brief, umm…and it was the Bishop who told me that, you know, she had essentially turned him down, and the last few umm… I mean now that I think about it, he was really just…blah… you know, in his attitude and stuff, and I just thought maybe that’s just because we’re just beginning to more distance ourselves, and, you know, he still had his trip planned to come up here. I just… the reason I… I don’t know. It’s not that I’m not remorseful that he died. I didn’t kill him. I didn’t take his life.

02:18
DF: Did you have anything to do with it?

02:20
JA: I had nothing to do with his death…at all…at all. The reason I hesitate is because…maybe it’s just something that’s wrong with me psychologically because I think of the butterfly effect, and it’s like, you could say that the guy pumping gas station…pumping gas down at the gas station could have potentially, because you see all these movies, these funky movies, where it’s like this effect or this effect or this effect… (unintelligible as DF starts talking and cuts her off)

02:41
DF: I know if you would have never met him he probably would still be alive.

02:46
JA: That’s true.

Part 2 below

Police tapes cont. (transcripts of all the tapes are available in the timeline thread).

02:41
DF: I know if you would have never met him he probably would still be alive.

02:46
JA: That’s true.

02:47
DF: Yeah. That’s because you killed him.

02:49
JA: No!!!

02:49
DF: Jodi, you did!

02:50
JA: I did not!

03:27
JA: Well, so I’m as good as done, right? With that evidence…

03:33
DF: Yeah…

03:54
DF: What I want to do, is I want to sit here with you, and I want to go over why you visited him that day, what you guys talked about, what caused you to get so angry and the details on what happened, and it’s something that you probably don’t want to remember but it’s something that I need, because for me to finish a case completely, I need to know not just the details but what was going through your mind, because I need to present that as a full picture, because if I don’t, I don’t feel that I’ve completed my job, and my job is to speak for him, not anybody else. My job isn’t to speak for you. My job isn’t to speak for his family. It’s to speak for Travis, and I know something horrible happened that day. Absolutely horrible! Something that could have been avoided! Whether something was planned, I don’t know. Whether you planned it or whether it accidentally happened or if something got out of hand, I… I don’t know. All I can do is speculate, and I want to believe that you’re not this cold hearted person that could just go out and do something like this to somebody. I want to believe that, like a lot of people, things got out of control and before you knew it, it was too late. That’s what I want to believe, and that’s truly from my heart…because I sit here, and I’ve talked to you, and I’m talking to you now, and all those conversations we had on the phone, and I don’t see a cold hearted murderer like you would see on TV or that I’ve seen before sit across from me. That’s not what I see in you, and I’m going to call it begging…because I’m begging you to at least come clean and tell me why, because I don’t want to leave here today not knowing because it’s all gonna’ be forever.

06:22
JA: I wish that I had answers. I’m sorry. I…

06:32
DF: You need to just let the answers come out.

06:36
JA: There’s just no reason. There’s just no reason.

06:40
DF: There’s no good reason why this happened. There’s never a good reason why somebody dies like this.

06:51
JA: How many times was Travis stabbed?
(Jodi is crying)

06:56
DF: More than I want to remember,

07:03
DF: and I’m not going to sit here and show you pictures of him after the fact. I don’t do that. That’s not how I work. (Jodi crying) That is not for me to do. But eventually those photos will come out.

08:37
JA: I know that he’s in a good place, and I know that he’s fine. I know that he’s doing great, but what about all of his friends…all of his family that are here and they’re just going through all this, and I know that it’s temporary, but it’s so very much right now. (Jodi crying). There’s just no reason I would ever want to hurt him.

09:12
DF: Well, whether you wanted to is…is a different question.

Transcript of Video 5 continued...

09:16
DF: I don’t think you wanted to. I really don’t think you wanted to, but this speaks for itself. It speaks for itself, Jodi. It goes beyond speculation. This is way beyond speculation. This is downright proof, but there’s no back story to it. All I know is that I need a story or else it’s just cold. It’s so cold. You don’t look like the person who would plan something like this. You’re…you’re just not that person. I can believe other things but not that, but without the truth I can’t paint another picture, and it’s going to be up to the prosecutor to paint that picture, and if you want that prosecutor, and I’ve met him, and you don’t want him painting that picture, because he is good at what he does. I’ve worked with him before, and you allow him to paint that picture for you -- it’s not going to be good.

10:48
JA: It looks like you don’t really uhh… need anything…it does look like, I mean…it looks like you don’t even need a good prosecutor anyway…so, I mean…

10:57
DF: You’re right.

11:48
JA: He has done nothing but, I mean except for some mean words that he said,

11:52
DF: I know…

11:53
JA: people have said worse to me

DF: Right

11:54
JA: …or just as bad. Except for that, he has never…he has helped me. He has given me money. He was selling me his car on the…

12:01
DF: Then why?
12:06
JA: There’s no reason why…
12:17
JA: There’s just no reason…
12:17
DF: Well, I have more work to do.
14:10
DF: I’ve already filed these charges. It went to a Grand Jury and the Grand Jury indicted you.

14:17
JA: So it’s all public now?

14:19
DF: It’s public record.

14:21
JA: So, does everyone know?
14:28
JA: But it’s going to be on the news tonight?
14:31
DF: We don’t report anything to the news.
14:34
JA: Has his family called today?
14:35
DF: No.
14:37
DF: They don’t even know that I’m talking to you.
14:40
JA: But they’ve been calling every day?
14:39
DF: Every day.
15:49
JA: (Jodi crying) Oh, this is a really trivial question and it’s going to reveal how shallow I am, but before they book me, can I clean myself up a little bit?

End of tape 5. She is charged, booked, jailed. She knows from the beginning of interrogation the next day that LE has nude photos of her as well as the shower and accidental pics. She has seen just one photo of herself, on the bed, in braids, but the photo has been partially covered up- including the date and time stamp?
After arrest, tape 6.

JA: The reason I asked was because I just feel like it might help me piece some things together. Umm…and this is more of a selfish reason because I think it might give me some sense of closure. I know it’s kind of morbid. I don’t even think I really deserve closure. His family does, but I wasn’t able to visit the funeral home and it’s just, and I don’t know, that’s just why…mostly…

16:18
DF: What is it that you want to know about the photos? Do you want to see the room? Do you want to see the bathroom or do you want to see him or is it the photos before it happened that you want to see?

16:33
JA: I think the photos of after everything.

16:55
JA: Are there…Is there any that you can?

16:59
DF: No, I can’t do that.

17:09
JA: (unintelligible) like before, I mean, I’ve seen plenty of those kinds of photos.

17:15
DF: If you want I can describe stuff for you,

17:19
JA: Okay.

……He wasn’t the same person, so that’s why I don’t want to show you photos.

18:16
JA: What about photos of just the room with him not in it? I don’t know. I guess it doesn’t matter.

18:24
DF: I don’t have them with me here, but as soon as I get a hold of them. Another detective has them right now.

18:37
DF: What is it that you can tell me about that day?

18:47
JA: There’s really not much. Things are kind of blurry.

18:52
DF: Was he expecting you to show up that day?

18:56
JA: He wanted me to come.

18:59
DF: But you didn’t want to?

19:00
JA: I told him I was going to Utah.

19:06
DF: Why did you decide to go then?

19:06
(Jodi takes a drink – plays with bottle)

19:19
JA: I didn’t really, I was going to Utah.

00:26
DF: Do you want to talk about what happened that day? I’ve got the images in my head, and I can explain whatever it is you want about what I saw when I went there. What I can’t do is…I can’t show you pictures.

00:57
DF: What time did you get there that day?

01:08
DF: The pictures that I have, the first ones show you there at about 1:45 or so. Was it soon before that, or had you been there for awhile already?

01:28
DF: I know he has roommates are off of work during that time and don’t come home until about 6:30 or 7:00, and they don’t even talk to him really.

DF: It just seems like they just kinda’ rent rooms. They don’t really socialize and kinda’ stick to themselves, especially his new roommate.

01:56
JA: Who is that?

02:00
DF: Did you know his new roommate?

02:04
JA: I only knew Zach was there.

02:05
DF: Zach and Enrique was the other one.

02:08
JA: I think I saw Enrique at his funeral services, or I mean his memorial services, but I didn’t meet him or I didn’t know him.

07:42
DF: Why did you go there that day, Jodi? Why did you show up that morning?

07:51
(Jodi wipes her nose and eyes with her toilet paper)

07:57
DF: I have questions, too. Were you gonna’ try to convince him not to go to Mexico or were you gonna’…

08:04
JA: Oh, no! (Sounds like a half cry half laugh exclamation)

08:05
DF: Try to convince him to go on a trip with you, or…

08:09
JA: No, he would never not go to Mexico. I would never want him to not go. He was going to see Chichen Itza. It’s on the list of 1,000 places.

DF: So why were you there that day? Please tell me. Did you just miss him?
Did he call you? Did he miss you? What was it?

(Silence)

08:59
DF: The only other explanation that I can think of is that you went there for one purpose, and that’s to hurt him. If that’s the case and that’s the truth then that’s what you need to say.

(Silence)

09:23
DF: If you want me to call and tell his family that you’re sorry and that you apologize for what happened, I can do that, whatever you want. This is your time right now. I flew up here for a lot of different reasons, and of them, the main reason was to sit down with you here to talk to you about what happened. I did it yesterday, and now I’m here today, but the time is limited.

10:12
JA: There’s so many things that I want to say.

DF: Was it a last minute change from your trip to come down, go down to Arizona? I bet you were going through your head, should I just go or should I just keep going to Utah.

(Jodi stares off)

10:50
DF: It’s only an additional 300 miles from where you were, so…

(Silence)
16:09
DF: Look at me. Please. They want to know. Was somebody else there with you?

16:31
JA: I’m just trying to think.

16:49
JA: What would happen to me today, and from here on out, if I just told you every single detail right now and I gave you a confession?”

23:27
DF: I don’t want to push you. It’s your own free will. That’s one thing we have is our own free will.

(Silence)

24:08
JA: It’s kind of…it’s all blurry. It really is blurry.

24:29
DF: What went through your mind after it happened?

24:35
JA: (Whispers) Fear.

24:37
DF: A lot of fear? What did you think when you were driving away.

24:44
JA: (Whispers) I was scared.
25:46
DF: You had to. Did you tell anybody what had happened? That must have been hard.

26:10
JA: It’s all a blur. Can I please see those photos?

26:13
DF: As soon as they get back. Those detectives went to Reading to go pick up the rental car that you had that day and they took the photos.

26:48
DF: Is that what was going through your head when you left? What did I leave behind? What did I touch?

26:55
JA: No.

26:57
DF: What was going through your head? (Unintelligible)

27:15
JA: A little bit of a survival instinct but mostly just fear.

27:28
DF: Were you worried that his roommates would get home soon?

27:38
DF: You didn’t think about that?

27:49
DF: That’s the first thing I was thinking about was, when she left here, she barely missed his roommates, or maybe his roommates came home and just didn’t hear her.

28:07
JA: Did they hear anybody at all in the house?

28:10
DF: No. They saw things which were unusual.

28:13
JA: Like what?

28:16
DF: They saw his CTR ring and his watch on the kitchen counter and they thought that was odd. He never leaves town without those.

28:23
JA: No, He always leaves those there unless he’s sleeping then he takes those things and puts them on.

28:29
DF: There were clues here and there but they just went on with their day like nothing had happened without even asking questions. They knew that he was going on a trip but they didn’t know what day.

28:42

29:22
JA: Travis didn’t always bond with his roommates. He did with some. He bonded with Aaron, even though he had a low tolerance (unintelligible). He bonded pretty well with his friend Josh (unintelligible) back in California now.

29:34
DF: He wasn’t too close with Zach or Enrique.

29:37
JA: No, or his previous roommates. I don’t know…

29:40
DF: It seemed to have been just people who rent rooms out from him there. They don’t become friends. They have their own lifestyles and they go on.

29:52
JA: Yeah, his rules were LDS standards (unintelligible as music begins to end video)

END OF VIDEO #12

00:25
DF: What time did you leave there that day?

00:35
JA: Uhh…

(Silence)

00:52
DF: You don’t remember? Just trying to drive and get as much distance as you could?

01:04
JA: Umm…

01:08
DF: How long were you in the house after it happened? I know you tried to clean yourself up and clean up what you could.

01:22
JA: Huh uh…I wasn’t…

01:23
DF: It didn’t take too long, but you did. Why did you throw the camera in the washing machine? We found blood in the downstairs bathroom where somebody had tried to wash their hands. There’s blood on the outside of the washing machine. There’s little things that give us clues to what you were doing afterwards? Do you remember those things?

01:59
JA: Huh uh…No.

02:00
DF: You remember some though. What was your intention going there that day?

(Silence)

02:24
DF: What was the purpose of the visit, the same as before?

(Silence)

02:40
JA: I’m just starting to remember. I’m just trying to remember that week, that whole week, and the week prior had a lot to do with it… the weekend or Friday night prior, I think.

02:51
DF: Did you have plans on going down there or, I know you said he had called and wanted you to come down. At what point did you decide, Okay, I’m going?

03:02
JA: He always was like, I don’t want to say meddling, but he was always like more concerned than I felt he needed to be about my finances, and he’s like, “Well, how can you make a road trip when you’re this that and that,” you know..

03:20
DF: Well, he expected everybody to be like he is.

03:23
JA: (Laughs). He did. He really did.

03:27
DF: He expected that, Hey, if you go on a road trip you better be thinking about this and that and…

03:32
JA: There were so many times that I just threw my responsibilities to the wind and went on road trips with him, because I am a little irresponsible when it comes to that. It’s not just because it was with him, it was because it was the traveling, and umm… you know…

03:45
DF: When he leave, he usually makes sure everything is planned out and...

03:48
JA: and that he has enough money for it (laughs).

03:52
DF: And you just kind of take off sometimes.

03:54
JA: Yeah, I guess…

03:55
DF: You’re a very, very free spirit

03:58
JA: and it’s not…

04:35
DF: When did you go decide to go visit him? At what point? Were you already on the road or was it from here? Did you already know you were going to visit him when you left here?

04:49

(Puts head in hands – bends head)

04:57

04:58
DF: I’ve done that before. Sometimes I just leave and, you know what, I’m going to go visit this person while I’m on the way.

05:18
JA: (Unintelligible. Jodi is fidgety and mumbles something…)

05:32
JA: Umm…you know…

05:38
JA: Go ahead.

DF: Did you see any of his roommate’s cars out in the driveway when you left? That part just bothers me, because it was so close to the time when one of the roommates came home, and I just…I’m thinking maybe you were still in the house when he was there.

05:58
JA: No. Umm…No, I was in the driveway.

06:03
DF: You were in the driveway? They would have seen the car then, right?

06:06
JA: Yeah. I know my space was always right behind Travis’ car and he parked in the… he has a 3-car garage and he took the middle space, and one of his roommates…

06:13
DF: The Prius?

06:14
JA: Yeah, the Prius or his BMW before that, and then there was like a smaller, little space but it was enough for a car, but it was always jammed with junk from his roommates.

06:23
DF: Yeah, I saw that.

06:24
JA: He was very much … he didn’t save stuff, you know. He had so much storage space. He was so generous whenever he let me store all my stuff there, because I went from a house to a room and so I had artwork, some of my paint, and art supplies, photos, books and books and books and books --so many books. Some of them weren’t even mine. They belonged to my friend, Matt. I was renting that car yesterday because I was taking a trip to Monterey and umm…

06:57
DF: To go visit Matt?

DF: Did you see any of his roommate’s cars out in the driveway when you left? That part just bothers me, because it was so close to the time when one of the roommates came home, and I just…I’m thinking maybe you were still in the house when he was there.

05:58
JA: No. Umm…No, I was in the driveway.

06:03
DF: You were in the driveway? They would have seen the car then, right?

06:06
JA: Yeah. I know my space was always right behind Travis’ car and he parked in the… he has a 3-car garage and he took the middle space, and one of his roommates…

06:13
DF: The Prius?

06:14
JA: Yeah, the Prius or his BMW before that, and then there was like a smaller, little space but it was enough for a car, but it was always jammed with junk from his roommates.

06:23
DF: Yeah, I saw that.

08:48
DF: I know Travis doesn’t look his doors when he’s home. Was the door open when you got there, or did you have to go through the garage, or how did you get inside? Did you knock? Everybody says he leaves his doors open when he’s home. He trusts everybody.

09:09
JA: Umm…have you ever seen the movie, the Secret?

09:12
DF: I don’t think so.

09:13
JA: It’s kind of…if you’re familiar with the whole Law of Attraction kind of thing like the way you think you become or ran your life. He felt that if you lock your doors, then what are you telling the universe, what are you telling the ether out there and this and that, I need to lock my door for a reason.

09:29
DF: Yeah, I wanna’ be safe.

09:30
JA: Yeah, I wanna’ be safe, which also gives the impression that well, there’s somebody that can hurt me, so, and by trusting you know …

09:39
DF: He was a very, very trusting person, and that’s what made him who he is.

09:56
DF: Doing what I do for a living, I lock my doors.

09:59
JA: I can imagine. You know I guess me coming from Salinas, I’ve always locked my doors.

11:18
DF: So was the door unlocked when you got there?

11:26
DF: Did you… you went through the door or the garage? I know a lot of his friends have the key code for the garage, and he doesn’t keep that a secret either.

11:34

11:36
DF: I got that from several different friends.

11:43
JA: Yeah, 0817.

DF: Was he expecting you?

11:58
JA: (Jodi sighs)

12:07
DF: Yes?

12:09
DF: Did you surprise him? I know he was always happy to see you.

12:18
JA: (Jodi bows her head, covers her eyes/face with her hands)

12:22
DF: What you guys had was not wrong, Jodi.
In going over all his stuff, he was always happy to see you.

12:42
JA: (Jodi still has her hands covering her eyes/face and lets out a giggle)

He told me this time when He must have been on his phone or something texting, but he said they parked and he looked up and it was my house and he was like, “What are we doing here?” (Jodi laughs) and he freaked out! I started laughing so hard when he told me that story, and they’re like, “We’re getting Amy, she’s going with us.” “Oh, okay,” and he just kind of sat there twiddling his thumbs and they got Amy and she left.

13:42
JA: It was just funny because it just weirded him out. I don’t know what reminded me of that just now. You said something…

13:48
DF: He was happy to see you.

13:49
JA: Yeah. I don’t think he would… he would probably have been…it would have been awkward if he had been…because we kept…

13:54
DF: You guys had a different kind of relationship. You guys were happy to see each other but for some reason he couldn’t outwardly show it in public.

14:02
JA: He umm…

18:45
JA: (talking about Mimi) She spends a lot of time at the Temple so I think… I’ve never been endowed. I’ve never been through the Temple but from what I understand I think that’s such a sacred place and mediating there and being there will help to give you further insight about where just you as a person are supposed to make a move on a certain decision in your life. So maybe that just wasn’t for her. I also was thinking after the fact I didn’t get a chance to discuss this with him. I didn’t know she was going to Cancun, and I didn’t know that she flat out told him no, but I thought...

19:26
DF: So that’s completely out of the theory that you went there to convince him to not go.

19:33
JA: Oh, yeah. No. Not at all. Not at all.

19:36
DF: ‘Cause that’s the first theory that was thrown out there was she was jealous. She knew that he was going to Cancun with this other girl and it was just jealousy.

19:46
JA: I never…I asked him at one point after I moved. I was like, “Hey, who are you taking to Cancun by the way?” I knew it wasn’t…at one point there was a girl named Brenda who in … she wasn’t actually involved, and she was in the business and she saw me at the memorial and she’s like, “Now, wasn’t he going to take you to Cancun?” and that was like…We found out about Cancun a year prior umm…right about the time we broke up so I never really assumed that I had a ticket there, and, you know, all those things went on. It was just never discussed. So there was never any discussion.

20:19
DF: That never went through your head then.

20:20
JA: Yeah. There was never a discussion that I was going to Cancun. Not on that trip. Not with him. Maybe sometime in the future, some other time with somebody else, but no, so that was not an issue.

20:28
DF: What about the trip of him coming up to you, come visit you? Was that something that was planned or was that something that…?

20:34
JA: Yeah, it was supposed…

20:34
DF: Because I wasn’t even sure that that was true.

20:37
JA: No. No. He was supposed to come twice. He was gonna’ maybe come up as… and I kinda’ like was hoping he would come by March, I’m sorry, May 24th, because I was singing the National Anthem at the races and I thought… I just... it’s part of one of my goals for this year was one of my fears to overcome was being in front of large crowds or public speaking, um…so

20:58
DF: You have anxiety with crowds?

20:59
(Jodi is talking really fast during this!)

20:59
JA: Yeah……. Umm…and then the third one was skydiving. So I was going to do that sometime this year, but he wasn’t able to make it up for the… he was scared to tell me that, too. He was like, “I know you get really upset...”

21:38
DF: Why was he scared?

21:39
JA: Not scared, umm… hesitant…

21:40:
DF: He didn’t want you to be upset.

21:41
JA: He didn’t want to hurt my feelings, and he told me that. He was on the phone in early May ‘cause I had known about that I was going to sing about 8 weeks prior, about 8 weeks prior… yeah… cause I had approached the guy at the state… down by the Purple Plum which is the one by middle (unintelligible). He works at the gas station area.

22:44
DF: So when he didn’t come up. was there an issue with that? Did you talk about that?

22:47
JA: Umm… well he put it so delicately that I couldn’t be mad. I was sad but I wasn’t mad or anything. He said, he’s like, I’m just not sure. H said, “There’s a lot of stress going on. There’s a lot of things right now, you know, this and that stuff going on,” and he’s like, “I’ve been hesitating to tell you, but it looks like I might not be able to make it up there to watch you sing, and I’ve been scared to tell you that,” and I was like, “Aw….” you know. He says it, and he taught me this, his technique, he says it in a way to disarm you first, to where you’re just like, Oh, now, you know, like reverse psychology, sort of. So he said that, and I could really tell that he really was concerned that he would hurt my feelings.

23:24
DF: Is that when you decided or he decided to come invite you up?

JA: Uh, no. No, not at all, ‘cause he never...He didn’t invite me until he found out I was going on a road trip. But, then he’s like, he’s all, “Definitely the first week of June.” He’s all “probably before I go to Cancun,” and so um…as that week got closer you know, he was like…”look”…We had a big fight somewhere around then.

23:53
DF: Mmm hmm.

23:54
JA: Umm…I don’t remember the exact timeline but it was in late May, and…

24:03
DF: Was that one of the e-mails that you sent him, or?

24:07
JA: Which…? Oh…
24:07
DF: the large e-mail…the…your relationship and…

24:11
JA: (Jodi speaks very fast during this response)
Oh, just how I think that… Yeah, ‘cause I just could tell, uh…Oh, because I edited and I did all the editing and the grammar and spellings, he’s not a very good speller, that umm…on his…on his first chapter of his book, and he wanted to post it on his bog, and I noticed when he posted the introduction, he’s like, “Special thanks to Katie Barnes,” and I’ve no jealousy towards her, she’s just a great girl, and you know there’s nothing there to worry about. In fact, when…when…when I was worried about Lisa uhh…Andrews and Alana (?) Gomez, her best friend, they were all spending a lot of time together, and so I wasn’t sure, and she would post flirtatious things on his My Space, and he’s like, “Don’t worry about that.” He’s like, he said at one point, he’s like, “If you have anything to worry about, it’s Katie Barnes,” and so I was like, “You are so spin it just throwing the focus off something,” and I don’t think there was ever any concern with that. I know that he liked her, but nothing more and as a friend, and he said, “She’s a little freaky and emotional unstable sometimes, but I think she’s just young. She’s a nice girl.” So he said that, and I’m like, “Hey make sure you post a special thanks to Jodi Arias for editing,” and he’s like, “You know I can’t do that,” and I was like, “Why not?” and he’s like, “Jodi we’ve discussed this,” and what he meant was, umm people…I made a few comments ‘cause he was like, “leave me comments on my Bog, and rate me 5 stars, you know and that kind of thing, so it looks like people are going there. So I left a few comments and he saw people who already said things, and he was referring to Sky Hughes who was like, “Hey I noticed a certain someone has been commenting on your Bog,” and I think it’s because he had given her the… and I told him to say this, too, umm, okay, I’ll be real quick ‘cause I know this is all… I’m just giving you background. We sat next to each other at the last convention, at a prepaid legal convention in Oklahoma City. That’s because we buy our tickets way in advance. So we bought our tickets last year, and because he
qualifies for Executive Director every month which is one of the top levels in the company, he gets to sit on the floor close to the front, that’s close to the stadium seats. So you know I had a ticket. He bought a ticket for me at the time. So it wasn’t a big deal, but we were just sitting next to each other, but she made a comment, you know. He, of course, has to explain, “Listen, we got our tickets a year ago and there’s no way she’s going to give up her seat for stadium seats.” So he sent that ticket, I mean he sent that text either to her friend, Holly, or to her or someone.

Anyway, umm… I realized that she was giving him a hard time so I said, “Listen, tell her next time she says anything that Jodi is dating other people and that she’s moving to California,” because it was already in the plans to move to California.

27:37
DF: Is that what the e-mail was about the whole story?

27:40
JA: Yeah. We had that conversation and I walked to work because I was you know… (unintelligible as music playing)

00:17
(Jodi giggles throughout this response)

JA: We spent the day in Scottsdale and when we were done, umm…we drove to his house, but Deanna was there waiting for him for some reason, to visit or something, and he was so scared that she would see him in my car that I practically had to keep the car rolling and kick him as I drove by his house, and he’s like, “Don’t even put it in park. Just roll up real quick,” and he jumped out, shut the door, and he was like, “Now go, go, go” and I was like, “Okay,” and I just kind of laughed at that. That was August 18th. Umm…

01:09
DF: So why this trip this time? I know you said he couldn’t…he canceled on you even coming up here in the first part of June, right? Why did you end up going there then? Was it because he couldn’t go and you guys still wanted to see each other?

01:29
JA: Well, when his umm….trip the 2nd time got postponed, umm… it was probably the last week of May that I…that you know… it was kind of obvious that he wasn’t going to come then, but he said, “Listen, after Cancun, umm I have like two weeks that I’ll have nothing going on before I go to D.C. He’s like, “I think that’s the best time. He’s like, “I’m going to see if it works out for my friends up north, Chad Perkins his friend and Norma, (?) his wife, and we can do it all then. I said, “All right,” but at that time I was like, “Whatever!” “We’ll see. I might just not see you until till I go back to Utah.” (Unintelligible) do at the end of the month…

02:15
DF: So did he know you were coming, the first part of June?

02:18
JA: Umm I wasn’t even…like I had been talking with Ryan at this point, and obviously there’s a distance there, and that was difficult and he really wanted to spend time with me, and I really wanted to spend time with him, and it just seemed like he had made a few comments like, “When am I going to come out there,” and, I was like, “As soon as you want,” you know, but I didn’t think he was serious, and uh…

02:39
DF: Is this Ryan you are talking about?

02:40
JA: Ryan Burns.

02:42
JA: Umm…so finally, umm…things began to work out at Casa Ramos with my schedule, which is a Mexican Restaurant and I had a three-day weekend there, so I thought I’ll make this… take this opportunity and go see Ryan, and that was my intention.

03:02
DF: What happened when you left? Why did you go the other way?

(Silence)

03:14
DF: That’s my question.

03:16
JA: You know…

03:16
DF: Why go to see Travis if you are going to see Ryan as well, and did Travis know you were coming? He knew? I saw you kind of shake your head a little bit.

03:34
JA: This is hard.

03:35
DF: It’s okay. Did he know you were coming? Did you guys talk on the phone?

03:49
JA: (Whispers) (Unintelligible)

03:50
DF: What was the discussion about?

03:55
JA: Gordon Hinckley, mostly.

03:57
DF: The last conversation you had?

03:58
JA: The last long one. We talked a little bit prior.

04:01
DF: Did you guys talk when you were en route to Phoenix?

04:07
JA: Yeah, just briefly. I told him my phone was dying, which was true. I thought I left my charger in Monterey with Matt. I really, honestly thought that I left my charger there, and I had been talking all day between, just on the phone umm… I take lots of pictures of myself (laughs).

04:43
JA: Yeah, keep two or three or one or none depending…and uh…so I talked a little bit with John Dixon who, I was maybe going to go to San Diego. Umm…there’s another place on the list there, too.

04:56
DF: That was on the same trip?

04:57
JA: Yeah, it’s a little ambitious, but I thought . . .

DF: So he knew you were coming? He was expecting you? Obviously you guys had, you know, a little encounter. Is that when those pictures were taken? Did he even show you those pictures?

(Silence)

06:16
DF: It’s going to be all right, Jodi.

06:26
JA: I feel really powerless in here.

06:31
DF: I know.

07:05
DF: So obviously there was nobody else at the house when you got there. His roommates were gone. Well, there was Napoleon, but . . .

07:16
JA: He’s a person, too. (Laughing)

07:19
DF: Yeah, I got to meet Napoleon.

07:21
JA: He is so awesome.

07:23
DF: But nobody else was there?

07:25
JA: I think his roommates were there.

07:27
DF: You think his roommates were there? Were their cars there? You would have had to see their cars. You parked in the driveway, right?

07:39
JA: Yeah.

07:41
DF: One roommate parks in the garage and the other one parks outside.

07:45
JA: Well, I know Zach would park on the street a lot when I lived there before, and he pulled his car in the garage whenever he would work on it.

07:52
DF: What makes you think his roommates were there?

07:55
JA: I asked him.

07:57
DF: What did he say? Who was home?

08:00
JA: He said they were there, but I don’t know who. The reason I asked because it’s kind of an indication of how quiet we have to be.

08:12
DF: What time was that? Do you remember what time you rolled in?

08:19
JA: Umm… 3 o’clock a.m. It was dark.

DF: Wednesday morning?

08:36
JA: I think.

DF: Yeah, that makes sense.

08:45
DF: You’re pretty sneaky. You go up there and the roommates don’t even know that you’re there (chuckles).

08:49
JA: I did that many, many, many nights.

08:51
DF: How did they not see your car?

08:53
JA: Ummm...

09:00
JA: I don’t know. I was parked there.

09:01
DF: Oh, you know what! Zach was house sitting for his girlfriend. His girlfriend was on a trip with uh…, on a cruise with her parents, and he was staying the night at… and I think he was staying the night at…

09:15
JA: That makes sense because I want to say that…he said his roommate was home but I don’t remember, but I think he said one roommate was home.

09:21
DF: One roommate. Enrique, he gets up about 5:30, 6:00 in the morning . . .

09:26
JA: And if I’m correct, then Enrique’s has the room that shares the wall with Travis’ room, which is fine, and you know, it’s a KB home. Travis used to say the walls are really, really thin.

09:37
DF: Yes, they skimp on that part.

09:40
DF: Yeah, so Enrique was home, so you went in around 2 or 3 in the morning. But he gets up about 6, and…no he leaves the house about 6 in the morning, and he didn’t notice anything different. Did you guys spend the whole day together then, that following day? Did you guys go anywhere or just stay in the house?

10:07
JA: Slept.

10:09
DF: Well, after a long trip I’d sleep, too.

10:12
JA: Travis stayed up all night waiting. He was watching something on You Tube, some stupid video. He’s like, “You gotta’ see this,” and I’m watching and I’m like, “This is so boring. What’s the point of that?” He’s like, “Just stupid, pointless stuff.” I’m like, “Okay.” I guess everyone’s got to have their time to veg out being so driven and deep as he is for business, which is fine that he watches stuff like that. It wasn’t anything profane or bad or vulgar, it was just people dancing, but they had like boxes of foil on their head. It was like weird, like robotic kind of music.

10:58
DF: The pictures that I showed you of you laying on the bed
10:58
DF: The pictures that I showed you of you laying on the bed and stuff, was that when those were taken that day?

11:06
JA: We also made a video but we deleted it.

11:10
DF: A video on his camera? Videos are hard to get once they are erased, they take up so much room and … whereas pictures are a little different.

11:30

11:32
DF: What happened after that? What went wrong? I know that the last photos of him were taken about 5:20, 5:30, and you said he doesn’t like… he doesn’t like you to take pictures of him and stuff.

JA: He was very private about the shower like we…

DF: (Laughs) Was that why you were taking pictures of him in the shower? (Laughs)

JA: No, no.

11:56
DF: (Laughs) Trying to get back at him?

11:57
JA: No. Um…

12:04
DF: I’m surprised he allowed you to take pictures of him in the shower. The first few looked like he wasn’t too comfortable, but, obviously, whatever you were saying to him made him a little more comfortable.

12:18
JA: I remember all that pretty clearly.

12:21
DF: You remember that?

12:27
DF: What went wrong? Did he say something to you? Were you angry about something? Were you frustrated? What was it?

13:04
DF: Something happened at that point, and I don’t know what it was.
13:14
DF: Mmm hmm. There were several photos of him, and the last one that we have is of him sitting in the shower, and that’s when I think it happened. He was sitting down looking up at you. What did you do? What happened, Jodi? You’ve gone this far. Did you plan on doing that the whole time?

14:20
JA: (Whispers) No.
BRING ON THE NINJAS

16:09
JA: I can’t!

16:11
DF: Why not? Are you protecting somebody else? Why would someone else do this?

16:30
JA: I don’t know.

16:37
DF: Did someone catch you there? Someone not expecting you to be there?

16:45
JA: They would have seen my car.

16:50
DF: Then who was it?

16:58
JA: (Whispers) I don’t know their names. Listen, I will tell you… I can tell you everything that I know or that I remember …

17:14
DF: Okay, what do you remember; from the time you were taking the pictures to the time you left, what happened? What happened after that last picture was taken? You have to tell me.

(Silence)

18:06
DF: If you want me to believe someone else was there, you have to show me. (Jodi crying) You have to explain what happened. Otherwise, it was just you, and if that’s the case, that’s okay. That’s okay as well.

19:40
DF: Was there an argument? No?

19:46
JA: Umm…Not between Travis and I.

19:49
JA: (Whispers) Is there any way I can see those pictures? I just…

20:04
DF: No, not right now.

20:05
JA: Can I see them soon? I will… (one last attempt to line up story? Match a timelinr?)

20:11
DF: You need to start letting me know what happened. You’re telling me that some other people were there. You know how much that concerns me?

20:26
JA: I don’t know who they were. They know where I live or they know where my parents are. I don’t know if they know where my grandparents are, but they got my address. They know where my family is. Sorry.

20:46
DF: So you’re trying to say that you’re doing this to protect your family? Why would someone do this to you and to him?

But he didn't text like that on the day he died..... I believe that's what we're trying to point out here.

LE would have phone records if the landline had been used. Jodi's excuse was that they were too busy having sex, but that sure doesn't mean they were.

He may have routinely used the landline for business in the mornings....no texting then.

Jodi needn't have hung out in TA's house much after the murder. She coulda left and slept in her car en route.

No matter what she did, or how much time she had, she wouldn't have been able to get rid of the blood evidence.

I displayed a pattern that showed he usually started texting late morning or early afternoon. He did the same thing on June 4th. He also had some afternoons where he didn't text people back for hours. It's not unusual. It's also not unusual for him not to text Maria back right away. She was even complaining about his response time.

Jodi needed to be in his house until at least until the last access of Travis' computer. that was either 424 or 454pm.

My point is precisely that same about his landline. We don't know if he was using it or not. He could have been or he could not have been. The police have not given us Jodi's phone records, either. So we don't know about either. If we don't trust the police about the photo times, why trust them about his landline or his text record? Maybe Jodi deleted all his texts. We don't know.

My point about cleaning wasn't that no blood evidence would remain. It was that she left it a mess and if she'd been in the house for hours, she could have at least gotten her hair up. She could have at least found the two shoe impressions.

I personally don't think, and it's just me personally, that Jodi would be able to sleep after a murder like that or want to lose even more time on her alibi. If she had time like that, she could have been in a better frame of mind to make sure she was out of AZ before calling people and then she could have gone to sleep. Why, if she left early, before the shower photo timestamps, would she not try to make it out of AZ quickly enough to reassure the people waiting on her before they even called Travis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3