Shannan Gilbert's 23 Minute 911 Call

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shannan Gilbert's 9-1-1 call ENDED at 5:14am.

You have stated wrong information in stating that at 5:15am
she was still on the call.

Sorry, but I just quoted from the article - 5:15AM.

Do you have info that this is incorrect? Please post it for us. Thank you.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
The LISK case wont be solved.
LE is afraid pandoras Box will pop open. Not a chance they are willing to take. It really is that simple. A killer goes free.

Last edited by a moderator:
A member of LE said "over my dead body". I believe it was Lt Patrick.
He was referring to the 911 tape not being handed over.

Maybe they are trying to decide whether to off one of their own... OR file appeals :eek:

When exactly is the 20-day deadline?? Per article linked in first post of this thread (dated Nov 1, 2018) it seems to me the deadline is Nov 19... or no?

"In its ruling Tuesday, the court directed the Suffolk County Police Department to deliver all Shannan Gilbert-related 911 records to John Ray, the Gilbert family attorney, within 20 days. "

Shannan Gilbert 911 Tapes Must Be Turned Over in 20 Days

When exactly is the 20-day deadline?? Per article linked in first post of this thread (dated Nov 1, 2018) it seems to me the deadline is Nov 19... or no?

"In its ruling Tuesday, the court directed the Suffolk County Police Department to deliver all Shannan Gilbert-related 911 records to John Ray, the Gilbert family attorney, within 20 days. "

Shannan Gilbert 911 Tapes Must Be Turned Over in 20 Days

Based on what I read and understand, the SCPD has until November 21, 2018 to hand over the tapes to John Ray. Likely John would hold a big press conference and reveal some details of what the tapes contain.

Now if the SCPD does not hand over the tapes, they would be 'in contempt', and likely John Ray would have to appear before Judge Berland and ask for some sort of means of enforcement of the Judge's order. It might be a fine per day of delay of handing the tapes over.

I am just speculating here.

So only a single copy of this "tape" exists? The SCPD was able to get it permanently from 911? I'm not sure how this works but I read a while back that they keep them for a number of years. I'm sure only higher-level 911 officials have access to their archive, so they may still have it.

I doubt it'll be released though as frustrating as this sounds, it won't be all bad if it forces law enforcement to elaborate as to why it should remain private for now. This could offer a glimpse of what's happened since the FBI came onboard and maybe shed light on current evidence and suspects. Law enforcement has been mum since the FBI stepped in and in the wake of the Bittrolf conviction.

I doubt it'll be released though as frustrating as this sounds, it won't be all bad if it forces law enforcement to elaborate as to why it should remain private for now. This could offer a glimpse of what's happened since the FBI came onboard and maybe shed light on current evidence and suspects. Law enforcement has been mum since the FBI stepped in and in the wake of the Bittrolf conviction.
LE already explained why the tapes should remain private.

Feds wont be sheding light on the case.

Mum was the word before the Feds stepped in.

Since Judge Berland has ruled for the tapes to be released, after hearing all the reasons LE does not want the tapes released, I do believe they will be released. And likely soon.

Since Judge Berland has ruled for the tapes to be released, after hearing all the reasons LE does not want the tapes released, I do believe they will be released. And likely soon.
Judge established there was no investigation.
Yet LE may appeal anyway.

Judge established there was no investigation.
Yet LE may appeal anyway.
I believe that Suffolk County has come to the realization that what they have been trying to do (likely, bury and cover up the investigation) has not worked. They have had a lot of time to lay numerous criminal charges related to the events that lead to the disappearance of Shannan Gilbert and chose to lay none. I feel they are just tired of the struggle and have exhausted a huge amount of resources to no avail. I hope, Suffolk County will just step back, and let the 'chips' fall where they may.

Usually, but not always, you do NOT count Saturday, Sunday
or a holiday as a day, so that brings it to Nov. 27 when they
are already in court.

Any news on what happened in Court on the 27th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay