Shannan Gilbert's 23 Minute 911 Call

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hackett controlled the camera at the gate. 2 days after SG disappears, Pak and Diaz come looking for Gilbert and talk to the neighbors including Hackett, where Hackett is given SG’s mother Mari’s phone no. Hackett now knows that she’s missing for sure. So as the self-appointed security watch he surely must review and save the video, right? No, instead he erases it, and then calls SG’s mother inquiring if she has returned home? It’s ALL not right.

Peter Hackett must have had Mari Gilbert’s contact information before Alex Diaz and Michael Pak met with him in Oak Beach, and called her before they arrived.

Why would Peter Hackett call Mari Gilbert and state that he had treated Shannan after he realized that she was missing, and people were searching for her?

If he had contacted Mari Gilbert after he had been given her number by Alex Diaz and Michael Pak why then would he deny calling?

It is probably more of a case that he let the video evidence be overwritten rather than him deleting it.

Michael Pak seems to be a better liar than Peter Hackett.

Brewer tries to get Pak to run out to the store because Hackett doesn't want to be seen delivering drugs that get ordered by Brewer. When Pak doesn't leave, Brewer takes Shannan and drives over to meet Hackett. Hackett gives Brewer a sedative (and whatever else), maybe Brewer even tells Hackett it's for himself. Brewer slips it to Shannan at some point, she feels it and freaks...

Hackett controlled the camera at the gate. 2 days after SG disappears, Pak and Diaz come looking for Gilbert and talk to the neighbors including Hackett, where Hackett is given SG’s mother Mari’s phone no. Hackett now knows that she’s missing for sure. So as the self-appointed security watch he surely must review and save the video, right? No, instead he erases it, and then calls SG’s mother inquiring if she has returned home? It’s ALL not right.
I don't think Pak was looking for SG. I think Diaz was and Pak played along to make himself look like he had no involvement or knowledge about SG's morbid fate. I also think that they caught Shannan and did not immediately kill her, but kept her around for awhile, alive, prisoner. And I think Hackett pissed off some people and they deciding dumping her body near his home would turn suspicion towards him, especially since his other actions make him look so guilty. I think they were all in the know or personally involved in the sick sex "parties". I'm basing my assumptions on all of the reading I have done and tried to apply logic. If we only knew the whole truth.

John Ray makes a very good observation in the LISK Podcast "John Ray Part 1".

Why did Peter Hackett make phone calls to Mari Gilbert to inquire about Shannan, but never attempted to contact Shannan herself.[/QUOTE

that’s a good point. I think maybe Hackett did see shannan. Maybe he did administer drugs to her leading her to perish in the area behind his house.

..that’s a good point. I think maybe Hackett did see Shannan. Maybe he did administer drugs to her leading her to perish in the area behind his house.

Mari Gilbert Deposition by James J. O'Rourke in case Gilbert, Shannan, Estate of, vs. Hacket, Charles Peter, D.O.

Mr. O'Rourke, the attorney for Dr. Peter Hackett, asks Mari Gilbert to tell him the sum and substance of what was said during her phone conversation with Peter Hackett.

Page 73:2-21

Mr. O'Rourke: Okay. Can you first tell me what you independently recall he actually said?

Mari Gilbert: My name is Dr. Peter Hackett. I live in Long Island. I run a halfway house for wayward girls, girls that want to get off the street. Shannan was here. I was trying to help her. I remember, you know, asking him how did you get my phone number? And he stated to me it's part of the rules in the house I have all my girls give me family numbers in case there's an emergency, anything happens. Is Shannan there? I says, no, she's not here. Have you heard from Shannan today? No, I haven't. I'm worried about her. She left with a man named Michael Pak. He promised to bring her back. She's not back yet. I'm worried about her. I want to help her. If you hear from Shannan, if she calls you, if she comes to your house, I'm going to give you my number, have her call me, please have her call me, I'm worried about her.

I have no doubt that’s what happened—good find. And thanks for including the link. Speaking of Pak, he’s a featured interview on the first episode of new season of podcast LISK:Long Island Serial Killer. In my opinion, this is by far the most comprehensive analysis of any of the LISK related podcasts, books, films etc., and is head and shoulders above Unraveled: LISK podcast.

I assume, that the Summary Judgment that Hackett is requesting is for the Judge to dismiss the case against Hackett. Of course Ray does not want this case to be dismissed, so likely Ray is looking for more evidence to present in court, and wants more time to do this. Of course Hackett's lawyer, O'Rourke, does not want Ray to have more time.

In a perverse way, I am surprised that the SCPD is also not appealing to the judge to delay proceedings, as it is an ongoing investigation.

If the case against Hackett is dismissed, I wonder what the implications would be for criminal charges?

I assume, that the Summary Judgment that Hackett is requesting is for the Judge to dismiss the case against Hackett. Of course Ray does not want this case to be dismissed, so likely Ray is looking for more evidence to present in court, and wants more time to do this. Of course Hackett's lawyer, O'Rourke, does not want Ray to have more time.

In a perverse way, I am surprised that the SCPD is also not appealing to the judge to delay proceedings, as it is an ongoing investigation.

If the case against Hackett is dismissed, I wonder what the implications would be for criminal charges?

You are correct in the assumption that Peter Hackett is requesting the Judge dismiss the case. I believe though that they have enough circumstantial evidence for the case to move forward to trial. I feel that if a jury of 12 unbiased individuals heard this case that they would hold Peter Hackett liable for the wrongful death of Shannan Gilbert.

The case of Gilbert, Shannan, Estate of, vs. Hacket, Charles Peter, D.O. is the only way that the courts can be used to allow an independent investigation into the death of Shannan Gilbert and the LISK victims overall. It is right now the only way that an independent investigation has the means to try to force SCPD to share evidence and information. Once this case is dismissed the release of information and evidence rests solely at the discretion of SCPD.

The SCPD's investigation is not affected by the dismissal of the civil case against Peter Hackett. It will benefit them in that there will no longer be a basis for Shannan Gilbert's 911 call to be released, which will save them embarrassment and possible civil liability.

If the case against Peter Hackett were to be dismissed then any investigation will fall completely to SCPD. They will continue to combine Shannan Gilbert's case into the overall LISK investigation, in which they have already cleared Peter Hackett, Michael Pak and Joseph Brewer.

1.1 miles
Way less..... The following is in reverse order, but it's the same path and distance. And the link below will take you to the preloaded addresses.

Shared route
From 47 Larboard Ct to 8 The Fairway via Anchor Way and The Fairway.

9 min (0.4 mi)

1. Head west on Larboard Ct toward Hatch Way St
2. Turn right onto Hatch Way St
3. Turn right onto Anchor Way
4. Turn right toward The Fairway
5. Turn left onto The Fairway
6. Slight right to stay on The Fairway
7. Arrive at location: 8 The Fairway

To see this route visit Google Maps

You are correct in the assumption that Peter Hackett is requesting the Judge dismiss the case. I believe though that they have enough circumstantial evidence for the case to move forward to trial. I feel that if a jury of 12 unbiased individuals heard this case that they would hold Peter Hackett liable for the wrongful death of Shannan Gilbert.

The case of Gilbert, Shannan, Estate of, vs. Hacket, Charles Peter, D.O. is the only way that the courts can be used to allow an independent investigation into the death of Shannan Gilbert and the LISK victims overall. It is right now the only way that an independent investigation has the means to try to force SCPD to share evidence and information. Once this case is dismissed the release of information and evidence rests solely at the discretion of SCPD.

The SCPD's investigation is not affected by the dismissal of the civil case against Peter Hackett. It will benefit them in that there will no longer be a basis for Shannan Gilbert's 911 call to be released, which will save them embarrassment and possible civil liability.

If the case against Peter Hackett were to be dismissed then any investigation will fall completely to SCPD. They will continue to combine Shannan Gilbert's case into the overall LISK investigation, in which they have already cleared Peter Hackett, Michael Pak and Joseph Brewer.
You are on the money re: the civil suit potentially being the only way (realistically) that criminal charges could be filed against individual persons related to LISK investigation, assuming that new or currently unknown evidence is brought up in civil suit.

Let’s face it, the FBI hasn’t been able to accomplish much that we know of in the way of an independent investigation, for whatever reason(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dp203dumpspdf