Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still No Arrests In Illinois Triple Murder Video
Investigation Into Columbia Triple Murder Broadens

New information Thursday night about the murders of a mother and her two young sons in Columbia, Illinois. A source tells us Major Case Squad detectives are working outside the St. Louis area trying to find someone who knows the victims' family well.

31 year old Sheri Coleman and her two sons, nine year old Gavin and 11 year old Garrett, were all found by police murdered inside the family's Columbia, Illinois home on Robert Drive Tuesday morning.

Our source says the person the Major Case Squad is looking to talk with has critical information in the case.

http://www.fox2now.com/ktvi-triple-murder-folo-050709,0,3485935.story (Bolded by me)

On the video, the male neighbor says he heard screaming the night before the murders, but doesn't give a specific time.

It also shows his father's home and the church. No comments from the family.

What do you think, SS? Could this person LE is looking for be someone's mistress, perhaps?

Thanks, Carrington and Wrinkles!

When you map it out, there is no Gold's Gym showing up south. I would assume then the gym is this one:
Gold's Gym
151 Concord Plaza Shopping Ctr
St Louis, MO 63128

It is off Lindbergh Blvd and Hiway 255 where they were searching. It is not too far away from JMM, but a distance from his house.

3 Gold's Gyms in the same area. Closes one I found same as you.
10.7 miles to Robert Drive 18 mins.

Rumor: Chris has lawyered up.
IMO

Sadly, I do think they were a part of his plan. Imo, he wanted to be free without any responsibilties.

No matter how many cases I hear or read about when it comes to mothers killing their own children or fathers killing their own, I never will understand how any parent can take the life of the child they brought into this world.

It seems so many of them see nothing but "Me" "Me" "Me" in their lives.

imo

Hey, OBE :blowkiss:

I need to catch up on this thread, but wanted to jump in on this post because scenarios like this are super hard for me to understand also - and by that I mean men (and sometimes women) who plan and then kill their entire families but not themselves (murder/suicides - I don't like them, of course, but I feel like I understand them a little better).

What's up with that? Get a divorce - or hit the road and become a deadbeat Dad, but to murder your children just so you can start over with a clean slate - I just don't get it - I automatically go "that person HAS to be a sociopath." And in many cases like this - there is no poverty or drug or alcohol abuse - nothing that might understandably make someone passionate or desperate. It's just cold calculating murder. Like John List or that dude who shot and killed his wife and three kids in the family jeep on the way to a "waterpark." (Chris Vaughn, I think) Makes me nuts.

And for my money - men do this more than women. Women who kill their kids in a calculated manner usually kill themselves also or have obvious mental illness issues.

Anyway - sorry if this is too off-topic and I am going to go back and read this thread, but I look at a picture of that lovely woman and those adorable sons about the age of my sons and they live in a decent neighborhood and seem to have a nice normal life and it's just all hard to understand.

What do you think, SS? Could this person LE is looking for be someone's mistress, perhaps?
Not sure since it states it is someone who knows the family well...but possibly. The mistress being a good friend of the wife would not be unusual.

3 Gold's Gyms in the same area. Closes one I found same as you.
10.7 miles to Robert Drive 18 mins.

Rumor: Chris has lawyered up.
IMO
If he hasn't already...he needs to lawyer up! He is in some deep woods at the moment and the trees are starting to fall around him very quickly.

What time is the visitation supposed to start? I always wonder how family's of the victims handle the situation where the murderer is only suspected at that point, but entitled to be there.

Speaking of which, I wonder if Chris will show up?

I has been reported that the wife's name was removed from the deed to the home very recently. I wonder if he used some excuse or tricked her in to signing the house over to him so that he would have no problems selling it after he killed her. Aren't assets tied up for awhile when someone dies a suspicious death?

Susan

What time is the visitation supposed to start? I always wonder how family's of the victims handle the situation where the murderer is only suspected at that point, but entitled to be there.

Speaking of which, I wonder if Chris will show up?
Since it is being held at his father's church, I bet he does show up with his family (and probably his attorney if he has one).

I have known victims' families to bar the suspected husband from the service, but I don't expect it in this case because of the Pastor being his father.

Meanwhile, the family has made arrangements for a funeral. A visitation for Sheri, Garett and Gavin will take place from 4-8 p.m. tomorrow (Friday) at Grace Church Ministries in Chester, Chris Coleman’s hometown. Coleman’s father, the Rev. Ronald Coleman, is a pastor at the church.

http://suburbanjournals.stltoday.co...special_feature/doc4a03397931001676247277.txt (Bolded by me)

Visitation for the Colemans will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at Grace Church Ministries, 2100 State Street, in Chester. The Rev. Ronald Coleman -- Sheri Coleman's father-in-law and the boys' grandfather -- is a pastor at the church.

Funeral services Saturday will be private, as will the burials at Chester's Evergreen Cemetery, according to an employee of Pechacek-McClure Funeral Home in Chester, which is handling the arrangements.

It sure isn't looking good for Coleman.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=174609&catid=3

Law enforcement sources say neighbors reported hearing loud screaming and fighting around 3 a.m. Tuesday. Later that morning, sources say the father, Chris Coleman, went to exercise at the south county Gold's Gym. He then called police just before 7 a.m. when he couldn't reach his family by phone. Police discovered Coleman's wife and sons. All had apparently been strangled.

I cannot express how angry this makes me :furious: I would have called, no doubt about it.

If they were strangled, it is possible he used some type of cord (as Wrinkles mentioned earlier) and he could have tossed it out the window on his way to the gym. If there was a fight with Sheri, it is possible there is also blood evidence from him striking her which may not be the cause of death...but no one has mentioned it. They could be looking for the top to those scrub pants, a t-shirt, or other things besides the spray paint can or whatever was used to write the message.

Another thought is he took her cell phone and tossed it out the window (remember he could not reach her by phone). They could have narrowed the search by the pings, but would still have to search for it in that area.

I doubt there was much traffic at 5:30am when he supposedly went to gym so it would be a remote chance someone saw him, imo.

http://www.bnd.com/news/crime/story/760589.html

The woman, Sheri Coleman, removed her name Oct. 6 from the deed of the house, located at 2854 Robert Drive, according to Monroe County recorder of deed's records. She signed before a notary. Whether the action was related to debt-managment was unavailable. Coleman and her husband, Chris Coleman, 32, led a church-based personal finance class from their home earlier this year.

more at link.......

I was really hoping to come back to this thread and see that LE had arrested some crazy, religious fanatic. I do not want it to be Chris.

When I look at that picture of the four of them, I might as well be looking at a picture of my sister and her family, especially little Gavin with his glasses, reminds me of my nephew/God-son. I could cry when I look at those pictures

I cannot imagine what her family is going through right now and I offer them lots of prayer.

Back on topic, regarding the spray painted message, to be for sure LE checked his fingers for paint residue. Whenever I use a spray paint can I always get some on my fingers.

"Coleman and her husband, Chris Coleman, 32, led a church-based personal finance class from their home earlier this year."

I'm thinking something to do with using their home as a tax write-off for his business.
IMO

I was really hoping to come back to this thread and see that LE had arrested some crazy, religious fanatic. I do not want it to be Chris.

When I look at that picture of the four of them, I might as well be looking at a picture of my sister and her family, especially little Gavin with his glasses, reminds me of my nephew/God-son. I could cry when I look at those pictures

I cannot imagine what her family is going through right now and I offer them lots of prayer.

Back on topic, regarding the spray painted message, to be for sure LE checked his fingers for paint residue. Whenever I use a spray paint can I always get some on my fingers.

I totally agree with your whole post. When I look at their picture, it reminds me SO much of a good friend of mines family. The kids look almost identical to her kids. It just makes me want to cry. I don't know what kind of monster would kill such innocent and beautiful people.

As far as the spraypaint.. I think he used gloves (if he did it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89