Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I completely agree, ocean. I think he's been planning this for a loooooong time. Just not so sure if the children were an original part of the plan or an afterthought to cover his *ss.

He already traveled with JMM so he didn't need to use the business as the excuse.

I agree. If I heard a commotion and a woman scream at 3:00 am...I would call 911, too. It could save someone's life.

Ah, you are right, he would.

imo

When they say they were strangled, thats not the same as being suffocated or smoothered I'm assuming. Does that mean someone would have used there hands to kill them?

When they say they were strangled, thats not the same as being suffocated or smoothered I'm assuming. Does that mean someone would have used there hands to kill them?

I think so. Or, I've heard strangled being considered as someone using something like a belt around their neck (for instance). So, I think it can be either a hanging object type thing, or your hands.

Oh I completely agree, ocean. I think he's been planning this for a loooooong time. Just not so sure if the children were an original part of the plan or an afterthought to cover his *ss.

Sadly, I do think they were a part of his plan. Imo, he wanted to be free without any responsibilties.

No matter how many cases I hear or read about when it comes to mothers killing their own children or fathers killing their own, I never will understand how any parent can take the life of the child they brought into this world.

It seems so many of them see nothing but "Me" "Me" "Me" in their lives.

imo

I haven't read the way the strangulation's happened. Could have been a number of ways. IE: wire, tie, cord etc.
IMO

Hello ckwood32

Can you please supply the link to where you found that there is a girlfriend in Florida? I haven't found that.

W

I think so. Or, I've heard strangled being considered as someone using something like a belt around their neck (for instance). So, I think it can be either a hanging object type thing, or your hands.

Since they systematically are looking beside the road there, I think a ligature of some kind was used.

I just watched on A&E yesterday about the Green River serial killer, Gary Ridgeway and he said that he strangled the victims because it was easy and over fast. He said he counted to 60 and they were dead. That case still frightens me.

imo

Just a thought, if he used his hands, LE would have the finger marks and already arrested him.
IMO

It seems so many of them see nothing but "Me" "Me" "Me" in their lives.

imo

Ain't that the truth.

OT but I have a very dear friend who has been married about 15 years now and back when she and he were relatively newlyweds they went through a rocky patch and she confided in me about thinking about divorce. My mother was like a second mom to my friend and when I told my mom what was up I remember her telling me that her generation would never jump to divorce that quickly. That "nowadays" people expected immediate gratification and didn't want to deal with the difficulties that go hand in hand with marriage. That she and my dad would never go THERE that quickly. And my mom was only in her early 50s at the time.

But it goes to show how much society has changed in that regard. No one wants to work at anything anymore. It's a totally throw-away society.

To anyone still following my long and drawn out post...happy to report they didn't get a divorce and are still going strong.

Lawn mower cord?

Somewhere in news yesterday, I read that when Sheri and Chris lived at the other house, that they were known to cut their neighbors' lawns.

Could this be a connection between the two residences? I know it is a wierd one, but could it be?

Also, the cousin -- I hear their heart ache. I might have liked to have heard additional like, "Sheri had told her mom and brother..." -- but I imagine she knows that she cannot say too much. Either way, the cousin and, it appears, the mother and brother have the same questions -- someone skilled at combat could do a quiet kill easily.

W

PS. Someone knew if there was pain going on in that family, someone heard the concerns. Also, as for arguing at 3AM, I can imagine a wife collapsing to sleep in tears knowing she had to get up with her children at 7AM, husband faking sleep beside her, then a husband waiting for the wife's sleep and then murder. 3AM screaming, 4AM all asleep, by 5:30AM sleek combat killing then out the door to the gym. HOWEVER, why the threat letters, why the mail box tampering, how does that fit in with screaming?

I think the screaming may be his waterloo. He didn't expect that and he sure didn't think at 3am that the neighbors heard it. He thought he could just pretend to go about his day which he probably did go to the gym often.

The threatening letters were nothing but a ruse so that when his family was killed it would alert the police that "someone" had been threatening him and his family.

The screams weren't in his playbook imo and that among other things is going to bring him down.

Imo

2800 block of Robert, Columbia, IL
Gold Gym across a bridge ??
One of the comment posts I read, someone in the area said the Gym was 5 mins. away.
IMO
Thanks, Carrington and Wrinkles!

When you map it out, there is no Gold's Gym showing up south. I would assume then the gym is this one:
Gold's Gym
151 Concord Plaza Shopping Ctr
St Louis, MO 63128

It is off Lindbergh Blvd and Hiway 255 where they were searching. It is not too far away from JMM, but a distance from his house.

Lawn mower cord?

Somewhere in news yesterday, I read that when Sheri and Chris lived at the other house, that they were known to cut their neighbors' lawns.

Could this be a connection between the two residences? I know it is a wierd one, but could it be?

Also, the cousin -- I hear their heart ache. I might have liked to have heard additional like, "Sheri had told her mom and brother..." -- but I imagine she knows that she cannot say too much. Either way, the cousin and, it appears, the mother and brother have the same questions -- someone skilled at combat could do a quiet kill easily.

W

PS. Someone knew if there was pain going on in that family, someone heard the concerns. Also, as for arguing at 3AM, I can imagine a wife collapsing to sleep in tears knowing she had to get up with her children at 7AM, husband faking sleep beside her, then a husband waiting for the wife's sleep and then murder. 3AM screaming, 4AM all asleep, by 5:30AM sleek combat killing then out the door to the gym. HOWEVER, why the threat letters, why the mail box tampering, how does that fit in with screaming?
I think this was a premeditated murder on his part. Planned and executed very poorly with the threats tied in. SODDI (some other dude did it) isn't going to fly in his defense with the mistakes he made here. In his twisted mind, he thought it would work.

Maybe Sheri woke up to the muffled screams of her children and tried to save them. This could have thrown his plan off with the screams from her. She obviously tried to fight him if she was screaming, imo. The story will be in the house and signs of a struggle.

Hello ckwood32

Can you please supply the link to where you found that there is a girlfriend in Florida? I haven't found that.

W
Hi! It was the first comment under the article that Ocean posted. This person says they got the information from a reliable source.

and where is this grieving father/husband at now? If he is innocent - why isn't he on the news BEGGING for someone with information to come forward???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jess9976