Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the former home being whatched now? Or was it being watched back when the Coleman's lived in it. The comments are both present and past tense.

ETA: thanks SS, I posted before seeing your above post. Well this is an

interesting twist.

I took it that they are watching it now.

I sure hate to think this father is to blame. But if it turns out he is, I'm betting on Roid Rage.
IMO

I sure hate to think this father is to blame. But if it turns out he is, I'm betting on Roid Rage.
IMO

Roid Rage? I don't think that would fly--not with the previous threats, etc.

Here's another comment from stltoday.com that Medusa had mentioned earlier. After reading this, it sounds to me like Sheri's cousin thinks that Chris did it.

azgobsales May 8, 2009 12:38AM CST
THANK YOU kristna Michels, As Sheri's cousin, not only have I read a bunch of garbage but had to sit there with Sheri's mom and brother tuesday nite and watch these SO CALLED FREINDS talk about how sad it was, and how the Colemans seemed like a nice family,Funny thing is most of them couldnt either recall the boys names, their ages or anything else about Sheri or the family,I hope some of you enjoyed your 15 seconds of fame as you give those awful interviews.And yes we are all too quick to accuse someone, So here are some facts I would like to learn. #1 Is it normal for people to go from damaging a mailbox to Murder? #2 dont most people bring weapons or such to commit the crime in case the people are armed? That is unless you have combat training Im sure.#3 Is it normal for the surviving family member or its family members not to be in contact the other family when it happens,but find the time to defend them on the internet the next day? (or was that screen name chris family. just a fluke?) not to mention have you ever heard of someone Who calls their boss within 30 minutes of findin their family murdered then having them show up to offer her condolances but neither one bother to call Sheri's family? So to all of you I will hold back my thoughts of who did it, until I get those hard cold facts.And F.Y.I. if the person or people who are responsible for these murders. Drew Peterson was arrested tonight and charged with the murder of his 3rd wife.

Thank you, lucky181. This story seems to be heading in the exact direction I thought.

The only thing I can't figure into the story yet is why the old house is being watched by armed guards. Unless, and I'm completely speculating here, could the father be having an affair with whoever it is that lives in that house now? And that person is somehow tied into the murders? Maybe the affair with this person began 3 years ago when they lived in that area or if the house is still owned by JMM, perhaps the person who is living there now also works for JMM and that is how the father and this person could have met?

Again, I'm just letting my brain run wild this Friday morning...so take it for it's worth.

It sure isn't looking good for Coleman.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=174609&catid=3

Law enforcement sources say neighbors reported hearing loud screaming and fighting around 3 a.m. Tuesday. Later that morning, sources say the father, Chris Coleman, went to exercise at the south county Gold's Gym. He then called police just before 7 a.m. when he couldn't reach his family by phone. Police discovered Coleman's wife and sons. All had apparently been strangled.

Can someone help me find the address of their house? I would like to map out the drive to the gym. I would assume they are looking for evidence on the way there. Thanks~

Wow ocean - The first comment on that article states they have reliable information that the dirtbag has a girlfriend in Florida! Screaming @ 3:00 in the morning??? Oh this guy is going down. So tired of these idiots killing their families - just file for divorce!

Thank you, lucky181. This story seems to be heading in the exact direction I thought.

The only thing I can't figure into the story yet is why the old house is being watched by armed guards. Unless, and I'm completely speculating here, could the father be having an affair with whoever it is that lives in that house now? And that person is somehow tied into the murders? Maybe the affair with this person began 3 years ago when they lived in that area or if the house is still owned by JMM, perhaps the person who is living there now also works for JMM and that is how the father and this person could have met?

Again, I'm just letting my brain run wild this Friday morning...so take it for it's worth.
You may not be too far off in your theory. Who knows what this man has been up to during the past 3 years?!

Someone mentioned his surveillance business could be tied to a possible stalking type situation and my thought is perhaps he wired the other house before he left. He obviously had the expertise and the equipment to do so.

However, it appears the stake out is either undercover or was privately hired to watch the house (by JMM?). If it is from LE...then it could be they are sitting on the house to await a possible arrest before they serve a SW to go in.

It sure isn't looking good for Coleman.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=174609&catid=3

Law enforcement sources say neighbors reported hearing loud screaming and fighting around 3 a.m. Tuesday. Later that morning, sources say the father, Chris Coleman, went to exercise at the south county Gold's Gym. He then called police just before 7 a.m. when he couldn't reach his family by phone. Police discovered Coleman's wife and sons. All had apparently been strangled.

Correct me if I'm wrong gang but he didn't go to work that nite and supposedly went to the gym around 5:30 AM so wouldn't that place him in the home at 3 AM when neighbors heard the screaming/fighting?

As ocean just said....it's not looking good for Coleman.

Not to mention strangling takes TIME. And it's personal. Some random stranger who possibly could have already been on LE's radar for vandalizing the mailbox and leaving threatening notes in the home wouldn't take the time and risk to strangle 3 people like that.

And the rolling on the lawn thing. That still stinks to high heaven for me.

Wow ocean - The first comment on that article states they have reliable information that the dirtbag has a girlfriend in Florida! Screaming @ 3:00 in the morning??? Oh this guy is going down. So tired of these idiots killing their families - just file for divorce!

I can't speak for their neighbors but I too live in a very quiet no crime neighborhood and if I heard screaming at 3:00 in the morning, I would have immediately reported it to police.

Having a girlfriend wouldn't surprise me at all. Maybe he set up the surveillance business because it would allow him to travel without being questioned by Sheri.

imo

You are correct. He placed himself at the home at 3:00 am. The real incriminating evidence will be the Time Of Death and the Cause Of Death in this case.

Can someone help me find the address of their house? I would like to map out the drive to the gym. I would assume they are looking for evidence on the way there. Thanks~

2800 block of Robert, Columbia, IL
Gold Gym across a bridge ??
One of the comment posts I read, someone in the area said the Gym was 5 mins. away.
IMO

Wasn't she in the military as well? I keep thinking about that with the whole strangling thing. It just seems like a poor choice. I'm guessing she'd be able to put up a heck of a fight and leave marks on him unless he totally took her by surprise but if the neighbors heard screaming...I don't know. I guess we still don't know for sure if that's how it happened but it just seems weird to me.

I can't speak for their neighbors but I too live in a very quiet no crime neighborhood and if I heard screaming at 3:00 in the morning, I would have immediately reported it to police.

Having a girlfriend wouldn't surprise me at all. Maybe he set up the surveillance business because it would allow him to travel without being questioned by Sheri.

imo
He already traveled with JMM so he didn't need to use the business as the excuse.

I agree. If I heard a commotion and a woman scream at 3:00 am...I would call 911, too. It could save someone's life.

Wasn't she in the military as well? I keep thinking about that with the whole strangling thing. It just seems like a poor choice. I'm guessing she'd be able to put up a heck of a fight and leave marks on him unless he totally took her by surprise but if the neighbors heard screaming...I don't know. I guess we still don't know for sure if that's how it happened but it just seems weird to me.

Yes, but if you do it at 3 AM when most likely your wife and children would be asleep, you would have a pretty good chance of taking them by surprise, as you suggested.

The fighting heard leads me to believe perhaps the two of them were arguing about whatever...maybe his affair, maybe she was having her own or knew about his and was going to leave/expose him and the kids woke up to find him strangling mom and then he killed them to ensure their silence?

God, it hurt just to type that out.

Hello ckwood32

Can you please supply the link to where you found that there is a girlfriend in Florida? I haven't found that.

W

Correct me if I'm wrong gang but he didn't go to work that nite and supposedly went to the gym around 5:30 AM so wouldn't that place him in the home at 3 AM when neighbors heard the screaming/fighting?

As ocean just said....it's not looking good for Coleman.

Not to mention strangling takes TIME. And it's personal. Some random stranger who possibly could have already been on LE's radar for vandalizing the mailbox and leaving threatening notes in the home wouldn't take the time and risk to strangle 3 people like that.

And the rolling on the lawn thing. That still stinks to high heaven for me.

Well at first I didn't make too much about the emotional outburst that he did. I know some that go completely berserk when they lose their loved ones even if they lost them from natural causes, suddenly.

But now, with so many things coming forward I do believe his faux emotional outburst was a ruse all along.

I really think LE will be able to learn that he had been setting this up for months even way back in December of last year when her name was removed from the mortgage. This case reminds me so much of Walker Railey's attempted murder case who did the same thing. Had a girlfriend, set up threatening letters that he had actually written to himself to establish an alibi that someone else was stalking his family.

Of course Railey walked free and was found not guilty but I don't think Coleman is going to be that lucky.

I think LE will have all the evidence they need against him to prove this case to BARD. I am glad that LE is taking it slow. That means they are methodical.

imo

Yes, she was. That's how they meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member