Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
mgardner-perhaps the way I quoted it led you to believe those statements were made here at WS...if so, I apologize. They were made in the comment section of one of the newspaper articles, I believe. But I agree with the gist of your post. I took from it the poster was suggesting that Sheri's family had mob ties and that because of that Sheri and the kids could have been killed, not that her own family necessarily put a hit out. So that made me think the person posting was someone close the perp's side and was already trying to throw some defense ideas out into the water to see if they would float.

Guess what? They sink. And fast.

Thanks for the response Sleuth :) Much appreciated!

Mel

OK, I'll tell you who - someone whose family has been receiving threats, of some type, and his or her family cannot be reached at home. I'd call the police too if in a similar situation.

Someone will probably counter with "Well, if his family was receiving threats he should have never left the home." Seriously? This was ongoing for 6 months or so, and you can't simply hide away in your home forever. If the threats were real, he or his family did the correct thing by reporting it to the police. And, he even went as far as to install equipment at his home.
I wouldn't call LE. If I was concerned about no one answering the phone in the morning when I knew they were supposed to be there and asleep with past threats...I would turn around and go home instead of finish my workout. If I were a considerable distance away, I would call a neighbor to go ring the bell and check on my family since they are closer to the immediate situation.

He did not take every precaution knowing his family had past threats. This is a huge red flag for a man who as a career is responsible for security against such threats. No alarm system, window left open (according to Major Connor's statement last night on NG it was open not unlocked), and no other things put in place to prevent an intruder from entering his home.

I would have expected to find a fortress under such circumstances!! Elaborate systems to alert, alarm, and to photograph anything and everything possible. He had the knowledge and most importantly...the equipment to do so. He did not do anything towards even placing more secure locks on the window most likely to be used to enter his house or insuring the window was even locked!

Someone on the Post Dispatch site just posted this: im back. had a long day. got more dirt though. they have the paint can. it was smart of him to wear gloves for the murder but he must not have thought of that when he bought it because his prints match. now im sure all of u CC supporters out there will say oh but they used a can from the house. it was already there. thats great and all but they didnt throw the damn thing out the window on the way to the gym.

That would be quite a find if this is true.

just looking for routine....if he was worried about his family's safety after he got off work and went to the gym, then did he call every morning, occasionally call them, or did he just happen to call the day they were murdered. LE would look for patterns, routine, and any break in those patterns or routines, or anything out of the ordinary that happened that particular day. We are all creatures of habit. If he gave them a call every day, then that would be normal, routine behavior for their family, but if he just happened to call them the day they get murdered, well that would need to be looked at more closely.

He could have had those threats staged too, to set this up over the past few months.

I wouldn't call LE. If I was concerned about no one answering the phone in the morning when I knew they were supposed to be there and asleep with past threats...I would turn around and go home instead of finish my workout. If I were a considerable distance away, I would call a neighbor to go ring the bell and check on my family since they are closer to the immediate situation.

He did not take every precaution knowing his family had past threats. This is a huge red flag for a man who as a career is responsible for security against such threats. No alarm system, window left open (according to Major Connor's statement last night on NG it was open not unlocked), and no other things put in place to prevent an intruder from entering his home.

I would have expected to find a fortress under such circumstances!! Elaborate systems to alert, alarm, and to photograph anything and everything possible. He had the knowledge and most importantly...the equipment to do so. He did not do anything towards even placing more secure locks on the window most likely to be used to enter his house or insuring the window was even locked!

However, SC did report the threats to the boy's school. I realize the threats could have been made by CC, but they were reported by SC.

Someone on the Post Dispatch site just posted this: im back. had a long day. got more dirt though. they have the paint can. it was smart of him to wear gloves for the murder but he must not have thought of that when he bought it because his prints match. now im sure all of u CC supporters out there will say oh but they used a can from the house. it was already there. thats great and all but they didnt throw the damn thing out the window on the way to the gym.

That would be awesome!!! *crossing fingers*

But who knows, maybe the killer just happened to take the same route to Golds totally by coincidence & tossed it out the window :rolleyes:

The defense will say the perp did get the can from the house and wore gloves which left Chris' fingerprints intact when he tossed it out the window.

very good post ss,
I will be very surprise if pert anyone other than the husband,

However, SC did report the threats to the boy's school. I realize the threats could have been made by CC, but they were reported by SC.
To Sheri and the boys, the threats were very real and I imagine they were petrified. I wish someone would speak up and tell us what the threatening notes contained. Were they death threats?

That would be awesome!!! *crossing fingers*

But who knows, maybe the killer just happened to take the same route to Golds totally by coincidence & tossed it out the window :rolleyes:

Well, it would take more than this to convict him since anyone returning to Missouri would use this route, the bridges into downtown St. Louis or they would have to travel much further south. There are only a few ways to get from IL into MO and 255 across the J-B bridge is the closest route.

It doesn't look like we really know but the upstairs floors of the two story houses, like the one that CC lived in, has two smaller rooms and one master bedroom. There are the two rooms, side by side and a hall bathroom. There is also a bathroom in the hall, then there is the master bedroom, which has a walk-in closet as well as a master bathroom. Well, my bet, is with two rooms for the kids, I bet they had separate rooms. The kids were too old to have one room as a play room or something like that.

I covered myself and edited out personal details about my connection to the case and my background; it's important to be safe when you want to protect your job and your family.

Still waiting to hear back from LE contacts; I spoke with a Defense Attorney friend this afternoon and he said that "if someone were to be arrested, there would have to be a preliminary hearing within 30 days to determine whether there was probable cause. If there are no eyewitnesses and no confessions, it HAS to be proven by forensic evidence. At this time, the State of Illinois has a backlog of months in examining forensic evidence (this would be done in Springfield, IL.) The police have without a doubt questioned the husband repeatedly and he fears that the police are trying to pin this on him and did the right thing by getting a good lawyer."

Just his thoughts. I value his insight...take them for what they're worth. Don't know if they offer anything new or not.

I covered myself and edited out personal details about my connection to the case and my background; it's important to be safe when you want to protect your job and your family.

Still waiting to hear back from LE contacts; I spoke with a Defense Attorney friend this afternoon and he said that "if someone were to be arrested, there would have to be a preliminary hearing within 30 days to determine whether there was probable cause. If there are no eyewitnesses and no confessions, it HAS to be proven by forensic evidence. At this time, the State of Illinois has a backlog of months in examining forensic evidence (this would be done in Springfield, IL.) The police have without a doubt questioned the husband repeatedly and he fears that the police are trying to pin this on him and did the right thing by getting a good lawyer."

Just his thoughts. I value his insight...take them for what they're worth. Don't know if they offer anything new or not.
Thanks~ There is the possible connection to Springfield we were wondering about earlier. They would have to take the evidence there. ;)

Just a possible theory i wanted to post.......not implying one way or the other......just a theory....
Perhaps, he didn't do it.........and the threats received, were in fact death threats, though we don't know for sure exactly what was written on the wall........Ill assume death threats, since three persons were killed.......
and perhaps, he called LE on that day, because perhaps in his mind, the killer/killers may had still been inside the house, and he wanted LE to arrive there first, in case they were........and perhaps, if true, LE was tail ling him, as suggested......perhaps they were tailing him, because of the death threats, and his wife and two children were murdered, perhaps LE was following him, and those with him, such as the mother, to perhaps intervene and prevent, the killer/killers from killing him also, and anyone with him at the time...........i still believe, there was a WE on the wall, instead of I..perhaps one day, we will know for sure, when if ever, the official report of what was found inside the home is released........
ALL MOO, NOTHING CERTAIN OR BASED ON FACTS

Scary ties with some scary places? Why because they are Italian-Americans from Cicero and Berwyn, IL? (Capone lived in Cicero). The continued threats would be pretty easy for police to investigate if they were true.
Not to mention the writer indicates that Sheri was estranged from her family in the Chicago area yet they attempt to insinuate it has something to do with the 'mean scary people' her Chicago area people are associated with.

Okay, proceed with caution. The next paragraph is kind of like following the bouncing ball, but that was partly on purpose.

Is it just me, or does that just make ya scratch your head and go "What am I missing here?" Why would the mean scary people threaten and murder Sheri and her boys if she didn't have anything to do with the people the mean scary people had the problem with? I'm sorry, but that just doesn't make one bit of sense. Wouldn't it make more sense to harm someone whose death would assuredly cause grief? Someone they are closer to?

Un-huh. I think that poster is attempting to deflect and redirect.

In other words, *snap* *snap* NEXT!

Oh and for distance, it takes a few minutes to get from city hall to the bridge because City hall is located on main street and has a through street. The house, is about 1 1/2 miles from the highway, route 3. The speed limit is 20 is you really can't go through there quickly. I know that I can get from the bridge in about 10 minutes as according to map quest, you can get from my house to south county mall, in about 14-15 minutes. Now, south county mall is only 3 exists past the bridge, really, telegraph, lindbergh and then then exit on lemay ferry or even quicker is taking the lindbergh exit and it is right there.

Just a possible theory i wanted to post.......not implying one way or the other......just a theory....
Perhaps, he didn't do it.........and the threats received, were in fact death threats, though we don't know for sure exactly what was written on the wall........Ill assume death threats, since three persons were killed.......
and perhaps, he called LE on that day, because perhaps in his mind, the killer/killers may had still been inside the house, and he wanted LE to arrive there first, in case they were........and perhaps, if true, LE was tail ling him, as suggested......perhaps they were tailing him, because of the death threats, and his wife and two children were murdered, perhaps LE was following him, and those with him, such as the mother, to perhaps intervene and prevent, the killer/killers from killing him also, and anyone with him at the time...........i still believe, there was a WE on the wall, instead of I..perhaps one day, we will know for sure, when if ever, the official report of what was found inside the home is released........
ALL MOO, NOTHING CERTAIN OR BASED ON FACTS

It is possible. However, if the death threats were against the entire family...why wasn't Chris murdered, too? Why would a perp wait until he knew Chris was gone and wipe out his family when he could have gone in an hour earlier to complete the job? It makes no sense the perp would wait until after the murders to try to take Chris out and give LE a reason to "protect" him.

Well, it would take more than this to convict him since anyone returning to Missouri would use this route, the bridges into downtown St. Louis or they would have to travel much further south. There are only a few ways to get from IL into MO and 255 across the J-B bridge is the closest route.

I realize that, was just being a bit sarcastic based on where evidence was supposedly found. :blowkiss:

Not to mention the writer indicates that Sheri was estranged from her family in the Chicago area yet they attempt to insinuate it has something to do with the 'mean scary people' her Chicago area people are associated with.
Okay, proceed with caution. The next paragraph is kind of like following the bouncing ball, but that was partly on purpose.

Is it just me, or does that just make ya scratch your head and go "What am I missing here?" Why would the mean scary people threaten and murder Sheri and her boys if she didn't have anything to do with the people the mean scary people had the problem with? I'm sorry, but that just doesn't make one bit of sense. Wouldn't it make more sense to harm someone whose death would assuredly cause grief? Someone they are closer to?

Un-huh. I think that poster is attempting to deflect and redirect.

In other words, *snap* *snap* NEXT!

Not buying that one! The father wrote about his daughter, and stated in there about her mother and brother seeing them on a weekly basis and talking to them almost daily. Someone posted a copy of it a few pages back. The father has been astranged from Sheri for a while is what I understood from the letter he wrote. It was very touching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Isla_lei