Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some things I noticed from the SW's...

Det. Justin Barlow, who is noted as standing on the porch in the SW's, is CC's neighbor. He lives on Micah Way. This is apparently the neighbor detective CC called; but the SW does not detail why he was on the scene. Good thing he did not enter the house, we speculated about that in one of the threads.

SWs also state CC did infact call the Columbia PD. Was it the non-emergency line? Or 911? Why would he have the non-emergency line in his phone or memorized? Or did he call 411 to get it? I'm hoping no 411, which would leave a juror to question exactly why he did have that number available. With only two "threatening letters", it still wouldn't make sense.

The threatening letters - the last one was dated 4/27, a week before the murders. What happened prior to him writing that final letter? MCS did find the Walt Disney World tickets. When were they planning to go, and Sheri cancelled? IMO it seems as if she did find out about MM, cancelled the trip and the murder plan was put into action by CC.

All the stuff in the DR. Does anyone but me find it odd that so much of CC's personal stuff - papers, military records, resume, financial records, etc... was found in the dining room? The obviously had a basement office where filing cabinets, etc... were located, so why was all of these important papers of CC's in the dining room? Seems to me that someone was packing him up to get him out of the house.

That's what the narrative said. It also says right after that they called the dispatcher and told him to call the department Chaplain. Little did they know CC already called JM!

My questions regarding CC are:

When did he call JM (before or after he arrived at home)?

Has it been confirmed that he was taken to the hospital, or was he just placed in the ambulance while scrapings and DNA were taken?

When and from where did he notify his family?

TIA

I believe that the TOD of the victims and the cameras which most likely caught the now suspect leaving the home, will be crucial parts of the evidence against the accused. Of course the def can claim the cameras aren't all inclusive as to being able to capture someone coming and going from every angle of the scene, but I don't believe a jury will buy that, when they get the TOD testimony added to the video of Chris leaving the scene.

IMO, just those two pieces of evidence are enough to convict to some. But you add in the spray paint evidence and the rumored computer evidence, wow! I'm not going to say a 'slam dunk,' as LE NEVER likes to hear those words, but it's pretty close, IMO.

This def has their work cut out for them, that's for sure.

Attack the law.
Attack the evidence.
Attack the witness.

Yep, tough road for this defense! :eek:

JMHO
fran

Det. Justin Barlow, who is noted as standing on the porch in the SW's, is CC's neighbor. He lives on Micah Way. This is apparently the neighbor detective CC called; but the SW does not detail why he was on the scene. Good thing he did not enter the house, we speculated about that in one of the threads.

SWs also state CC did infact call the Columbia PD. Was it the non-emergency line? Or 911? Why would he have the non-emergency line in his phone or memorized? Or did he call 411 to get it? I'm hoping no 411, which would leave a juror to question exactly why he did have that number available. With only two "threatening letters", it still wouldn't make sense.

The threatening letters - the last one was dated 4/27, a week before the murders. What happened prior to him writing that final letter? MCS did find the Walt Disney World tickets. When were they planning to go, and Sheri cancelled? IMO it seems as if she did find out about MM, cancelled the trip and the murder plan was put into action by CC.

All the stuff in the DR. Does anyone but me find it odd that so much of CC's personal stuff - papers, military records, resume, financial records, etc... was found in the dining room? The obviously had a basement office where filing cabinets, etc... were located, so why was all of these important papers of CC's in the dining room? Seems to me that someone was packing him up to get him out of the house.

ITA about the mish-mash of CC's personal docs in the DR....I'm wondering if he left his military records & the other docs which make him look like such a fine & upstanding citizen out on purpose for LE to see....like, 'look at me & the good things I've done & how much people like me...heck I know CPR!!..I'm not a bad guy, really!!'.

ETA: or maybe he was trying to convince himself

As they had a home office, it is curious that his important papers were in the DR and not the home office portion. I don't know the answer to your question, but from everything we've learned, I wouldn't doubt that the couple may have been in the process of separating.

I wish he would have just left. It would have been sooooo much better for everyone! :mad:

JMHO
fran

I believe that the TOD of the victims and the cameras which most likely caught the now suspect leaving the home, will be crucial parts of the evidence against the accused. Of course the def can claim the cameras aren't all inclusive as to being able to capture someone coming and going from every angle of the scene, but I don't believe a jury will buy that, when they get the TOD testimony added to the video of Chris leaving the scene.

IMO, just those two pieces of evidence are enough to convict to some. But you add in the spray paint evidence and the rumored computer evidence, wow! I'm not going to say a 'slam dunk,' as LE NEVER likes to hear those words, but it's pretty close, IMO.

This def has their work cut out for them, that's for sure.

Attack the law.
Attack the evidence.
Attack the witness.

Yep, tough road for this defense! :eek:

JMHO
fran

BBM - what is going to be really interesting about the disk that they do have with recordings of 5/5 is what time that disk started recording? He must have removed the original and replaced it with the one LE did find just in case anything was caught, i.e. him removing the outside screen to the basement window - must have been in the dark so no one would see him. It'll be poetic justice... him thinking he's so smart switching the disks not thinking that the time it starts recording puts him in the house and TOD would be before the switch. It's almost funny how stupid he is.

My questions regarding CC are:

When did he call JM (before or after he arrived at home)?

Has it been confirmed that he was taken to the hospital, or was he just placed in the ambulance while scrapings and DNA were taken?

When and from where did he notify his family?

TIA

It's possible that CC called JM when he was on the scene. Or LE may have contacted her as well. It is noted they called the LE chaplin (or whatever they call him) and they may have called her. It would be understandable to assume, as he worked for her, that JM was his spiritual advisor as well as employer.

FWIW, when there is a sudden death, LE or paramedics, do call in crisis counselors if they feel there is a need. They will even *ask* if you need someone to respond to help you. With CC's reaction, they may have made a judgment call.

JMHO
fran

PS........as far as his FAMILY, I have no idea. I guess it would depend on what his *staging script* called for. :mad:

ITA about the mish-mash of CC's personal docs in the DR....I'm wondering if he left his military records & the other docs which make him look like such a fine & upstanding citizen out on purpose for LE to see....like, 'look at me & the good things I've done & how much people like me...heck I know CPR!!..I'm not a bad guy, really!!'.

ETA: or maybe he was trying to convince himself

BBM-Exactly my thoughts! The threatening letters, the writing on the walls - IMO it all points to a mental struggle he had with himself. He saw himself as immoral and bad, then put it into writing before making it all come true. He truly is sickening.

I'll make a prediction that Artie & Billy are going to go for an insanity defense of multiple personality disorder. Go for it boys, we're not buying it! This was methodical by a cold, calculating monster that didn't deserve the role of husband or father. The problem was your guy was too dense to pull it off.

As they had a home office, it is curious that his important papers were in the DR and not the home office portion. I don't know the answer to your question, but from everything we've learned, I wouldn't doubt that the couple may have been in the process of separating.

I wish he would have just left. It would have been sooooo much better for everyone! :mad:

JMHO
fran

The time of death(s) is estimated to be around 3:00 am. CC may have thought about leaving town and threw his important papers together. Maybe he was going to change the flight and use the tickets he had on hand to flee IL. What stopped him? I still think it has something to do with JMM. . . some unfinished business he thought he could get away with.
That's why this screams of a premeditated murder that was executed at a less than opportune time. I think he planned to kill Sherry after he had all of his "ducks in a row" - maybe even on the weekend, but she confronted him with something that accelerated his plan. I hope that LE found out exactly what that was.

It's possible that CC called JM when he was on the scene. Or LE may have contacted her as well. It is noted they called the LE chaplin (or whatever they call him) and they may have called her. It would be understandable to assume, as he worked for her, that JM was his spiritual advisor as well as employer.

FWIW, when there is a sudden death, LE or paramedics, do call in crisis counselors if they feel there is a need. They will even *ask* if you need someone to respond to help you. With CC's reaction, they may have made a judgment call.

JMHO
fran

PS........as far as his FAMILY, I have no idea. I guess it would depend on what his *staging script* called for. :mad:

I'm going to guess he called her to gain sympathy from her, and to have LE see JM show up at the scene and throw attention further off of him. In his mind there's no way LE would think he did this since he works for her and is a man of god.

I don't believe it was ever confirmed by LE or media that he was taken to the hospital; it was something we heard through the grapevine of neighbors seeing the ambulance. FWIW, the search warrant for the evidence on his body was signed before noon so I would assume he was still at the hospital.

Can't answer the question as to when he called the parents.

I want to know when & where LE questioned him and for how long. I cannot wait to see that transcript.

The time of death(s) is estimated to be around 3:00 am. CC may have thought about leaving town and threw his important papers together. Maybe he was going to change the flight and use the tickets he had on hand to flee IL. What stopped him? I still think it has something to do with JMM. . . some unfinished business he thought he could get away with.
That's why this screams of a premeditated murder that was executed at a less than opportune time. I think he planned to kill Sherry after he had all of his "ducks in a row" - maybe even on the weekend, but she confronted him with something that accelerated his plan. I hope that LE found out exactly what that was.

It would be helpful to know when those plane tickets were for.

Other evidence I question is WTH is with refinancing documents that LE found that were not signed? Was he refi'ing again? Without Sheri's knowledge?

BBM-Exactly my thoughts! The threatening letters, the writing on the walls - IMO it all points to a mental struggle he had with himself. He saw himself as immoral and bad, then put it into writing before making it all come true. He truly is sickening.

I'll make a prediction that Artie & Billy are going to go for an insanity defense of multiple personality disorder. Go for it boys, we're not buying it! This was methodical by a cold, calculating monster that didn't deserve the role of husband or father. The problem was your guy was too dense to pull it off.

Sincerely, from eveything I've found to this date, *insanity* is most likely their best bet. But like you, I too am not buyin' it. Wonder if a jury would?

Unlike many, I believe the notes etc were done to attempt to convince Sheri not to go on the mission she had scheduled this summer. I know she had gone on others missions, but we don't know if those times apart didn't cause trouble within the marriage.

Of course, he played it up with the writing on the walls and such.

I keep going back, in my mind, to the note in April. Wasn't that the one he said, "this is your last warning?"

It was an ominous warning. Prolific in hindsight. :(

JMHO
fran

Sincerely, from eveything I've found to this date, *insanity* is most likely their best bet. But like you, I too am not buyin' it. Wonder if a jury would?

Unlike many, I believe the notes etc were done to attempt to convince Sheri not to go on the mission she had scheduled this summer. I know she had gone on others missions, but we don't know if those times apart didn't cause trouble within the marriage.

Of course, he played it up with the writing on the walls and such.

I keep going back, in my mind, to the note in April. Wasn't that the one he said, "this is your last warning?"

Takes on an ominous warning, in hindsight. :(

JMHO
fran

I can guarantee you they are going to attack Sheri's personality and reputation and infer things that just are not true. That's what they do - check out the Bulloch case they handled. I would hope a jury would see through an insanity defense. Even temporary - wouldn't an otherwise sane person snap out of it after killing the first victim? I don't see anyone buying that he could methodically strangle all three without reality popping into his head. Post-partum psychosis with Andrea yates was one thing - she really was mentally ill. But not this guy. Concocting the letters, refinancing the house, getting Sheri's name off of all property, having a secret PO where bills & greeting cards were going. I would bet Sheri did not know about the HFC loan taken out in her name. It'll be interesting to see that signature. IMO the signature on the original loan does look different than the signatures on the refi & QCD. The S is different, as is the O.

I still think he concocted the first letter as a way to scare Sheri into staying in the marriage. I pray that she shared some things with her GF's that have been brought to the attention of LE.

Good thinkin!! :) But then would that "prove" anything other than the fact he put it up there?? Hmmm....things that make you go hmmmmm! :) So IF he had a camera mounted to it, you think he could have possibly set this up to be able to monitor it from over where he works if he wanted to?? But THEN I wonder...it wou be facing due south wouldn't it? If that was the case, what could he be watching...the neighor's house?? That's what would be south of their house....pointing at the neighbors. Course he might have attached it to the bracket or something I guess. Aw shucks....Helllllppp!! :waitasec:

Remote viewing capabilities are dependent upon what type of surveillance system is purchased -- it has nothing to do with the cameras. IIRC somewhere I read that it could be remotely viewed (possibly read in description in SW) which would mean that as long as he had the necessary passwords for access, he could view it from any computer with an internet connection. As far as which way a camera would be facing (i.e. recording), that would be dependent upon which direction the camera was pointed when it was mounted. Where it was mounted would be dependent upon the size of the "mounting brackets". Hope this helps.

I think that she was left naked a final humiliation.

That or him staging to make it appear that all was normal in the marriage and they had sex that night, once again to throw suspicion off of him.

Or even staging to make it appear she was sexually assaulted by the stalker.

I agree with whoever said earlier that with young kids in the house you usually don't sleep without clothes on.

BBM - what is going to be really interesting about the disk that they do have with recordings of 5/5 is what time that disk started recording? He must have removed the original and replaced it with the one LE did find just in case anything was caught, i.e. him removing the outside screen to the basement window - must have been in the dark so no one would see him. It'll be poetic justice... him thinking he's so smart switching the disks not thinking that the time it starts recording puts him in the house and TOD would be before the switch. It's almost funny how stupid he is.

Stella, some DVR's record directly to a hard drive and have the date and time embedded in the recording (wonderful tool for court evidence). When LE reviews the recording and sees something that can be used as evidence, that recorded portion can be downloaded onto a DVD and taken from the scene. I am not saying that is what occurred in this case -- just that it is possible.

I believe we've already seen a small glimps of how Sheri is going to be attacked during trial. We've seen it said she wasn't close to her family, she was estranged from her mom and, or brother, she didn't have many friends, she liked to *spend,* her family was *connected* to unsavory types.

These are all things to distance her family, blame Sheri for any financial trouble that may pop up, SODDI as *unsavory,* unknown dude connected to HER family.:eek:

All of that fodder isn't going to mean a hill of beans once the jury sees the TOD and the video of the suspect leaving the scene of the crime. You add in everything else, he's toast!:mad:

Scott Peterson's family have always proclaimed how convenient it was for Laci and her child to be found exactly where the inmate SP gave as his alibi. They still claim it was a set-up by *unknown* to frame the fertilizer salesman. But,............all the jury needed to hear was the 40 + reasons listed by the lead detective to show {proof} that there was only one person who could have put Laci+Conner in that watery grave. :bang:

There's no play book on murder. There are no courses to take. But the one thing that's common,..............THEY ALL think they're smarter than those that have taken that road before them.

Chris Coleman is a prime example of just how DUMB these guys really are. :eek: IMHO, the jury will confirm it.:behindbar

JMHO
fran

PS.......FWIW, I've seen one thing common with many of these unfortunate wives that meet their demise by the one they loved beyond all else, or were in the process of leaving. MOST of them are generally very personable and have many friends......fran

Stella, some DVR's record directly to a hard drive and have the date and time embedded in the recording (wonderful tool for court evidence). When LE reviews the recording and sees something that can be used as evidence, that recorded portion can be downloaded onto a DVD and taken from the scene. I am not saying that is what occurred in this case -- just that it is possible.

Oh I know! My dad is a Criminal Forensics Examiner, so I've learned just a little bit about those. Just found it interesting that the SW does list a disk being taken into evidence of recordings of the scene on 5/5. Just my understanding from what he does; they recover all electronic equipment from the scene or LE and take it back to their office labs for review and to prepare their testimony for trials.

One thought I did have on the Dish and I don't know if it's possible; but with Dish Network, Directv, etc... the receivers have DVRs built into them. Is it possible he used one of these connections through the dish, since it was already wired, to record activity on from a camera to that DVR? And is that DVR the one that was reported being missing?

I have alot of catching up to do! I haven't even read the search warrant yet. From reading comments though, it appears CC was into some "creative" financing. My bet is SC had no clue about the refi and credit cards in her name. Creative financing will catch up to you eventually. I think SC found out about that, MM, and alot of stuff and CC was on his way out. Remember the rumor about SC looking for a roomate? And CC's truck was packed full of stuff the morning of the murders. Now we find out his important papers were in one spot in a bag. Many of us theorized back then that it looked like maybe a fight ensued during CC being moved out. Guys like this don't react well to being backed into a corner. His secrets were about to be exposed and he couldn't stand the thought that people would find out what he was really like, ala Mark Hacking.

One thought I did have on the Dish and I don't know if it's possible; but with Dish Network, Directv, etc... the receivers have DVRs built into them. Is it possible he used one of these connections through the dish, since it was already wired, to record activity on from a camera to that DVR? And is that DVR the one that was reported being missing?

---respectfully snipped----
Don't believe that is possible; however, I can't truthfully answer that question until I check with my technicians and installers. I'll let you know what I find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member