Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
... Remember the rumor about SC looking for a roomate? And CC's truck was packed full of stuff the morning of the murders. Now we find out his important papers were in one spot in a bag. Many of us theorized back then that it looked like maybe a fight ensued during CC being moved out. Guys like this don't react well to being backed into a corner. His secrets were about to be exposed and he couldn't stand the thought that people would find out what he was really like, ala Mark Hacking.

---respectfully snipped----
:eek: SC looking for a roommate???? I thought I had read every post, but must have missed this one somehow. Details, please!!!

TIA

CC's truck was packed full of stuff the morning of the murders. Now we find out his important papers were in one spot in a bag. Many of us theorized back then that it looked like maybe a fight ensued during CC being moved out. Guys like this don't react well to being backed into a corner. His secrets were about to be exposed and he couldn't stand the thought that people would find out what he was really like, ala Mark Hacking.
You're right, SuziQ -- the pictures from the PD showed his SUV with the liftgate up and the back was full of clothes. It looked like they'd been thrown in there in a hurry because they weren't folded, but were thrown into a laundry baskets, almost like a big trip to the laundromat. What looked odd at the time was that you could see the Colemans' washer and dryer through an open door in the garage.

With all the important papers in the dining room, it sure looks like he was clearing out of the house.

You're right, SuziQ -- the pictures from the PD showed his SUV with the liftgate up and the back was full of clothes. It looked like they'd been thrown in there in a hurry because they weren't folded, but were thrown into a laundry baskets, almost like a big trip to the laundromat. What looked odd at the time was that you could see the Colemans' washer and dryer through an open door in the garage.

With all the important papers in the dining room, it sure looks like he was clearing out of the house.

That was actually Sheri's car with the clothes in it - the little silver Mazda.

CC's car is the green ford explorer. It had tons of bags in the back of it, but we're not sure what was in those bags.

Now that you pointed that out, maybe Sheri was attempting to bolt with the kids and that prompted his fury??? I've been so focused on her possibly wanting him out of the house that I didn't even think of that angle of her leaving with the boys and him stopping her :mad:

FWIW, it's been stated pages back, that if there had been a struggle, that rigor mortis could have set in earlier than is normal. Which from what I've read is true, but I do NOT believe rigor would have been accelerated to the extent that the first responders found the condition of the vicitim's bodies in this case.

I hate discussing this but.............initial rigor appears in a tightening of the jaw......it takes up to 3 hours for rigor to begin setting in. So if it's accelerated because of a struggle, IMO, to my untrained brain, it may accelerate the chemical reaction by an hour, but not much more than that. Sheri's rigor was adavanced to the stage of her head, neck and shoulders moving as one. There's no way, no how, that would be possible under the time-frame the suspect has given.

It was just barely over ONE HOUR since the suspect left the scene of the crime and the first responders made their grim discovery and attempted to turn the body of the first victim. It's impossible, IMO, for that condition to have occurred within say, a 70 minute time period.

The victims were NOT alive when the accused left the home. Dr. Baden or no Dr. Baden, it's impossible. :(

JMHO
fran

I feel the need to reiterate this post as Fran has written. TOD must have been earlier than CC has stated family was alive when he left that morning. When my Mother died, the mottling began quickly. Meaning, blood began to settle. We kept her in our home for a couple hours before funeral home came to remove her body. Rigor had not set in to the extreme as SC's has been decribed to be.

CC lied. This family was dead for hours before he left the home that morning. My apologies if I made anyone uncomfortable for my above experience above regarding death and body changes after the fact.

---respectfully snipped----
:eek: SC looking for a roommate???? I thought I had read every post, but must have missed this one somehow. Details, please!!!

TIA

Early in the case it was rumored that they were actually already seperated and she had begun looking for a roommate to either move in or move in with for financial reasons. I'm not sure if that was ever confirmed; or just a rumor on the PD boards. Most of those were BS, a few were real.

Nuts. My mistake. :blushing:

Now that you pointed that out, maybe Sheri was attempting to bolt with the kids and that prompted his fury??? I've been so focused on her possibly wanting him out of the house that I didn't even think of that angle of her leaving with the boys and him stopping her :mad:
Maybe she wanted to get herself and the boys out of there until CC was good and gone. Assuming CC was already in the process of moving out, I wonder what it was she found out that maybe made it impossible for her and the kids to stay there with him.

Some things I noticed from the SW's...

Det. Justin Barlow, who is noted as standing on the porch in the SW's, is CC's neighbor. He lives on Micah Way. This is apparently the neighbor detective CC called; but the SW does not detail why he was on the scene. Good thing he did not enter the house, we speculated about that in one of the threads.

SWs also state CC did infact call the Columbia PD. Was it the non-emergency line? Or 911? Why would he have the non-emergency line in his phone or memorized? Or did he call 411 to get it? I'm hoping no 411, which would leave a juror to question exactly why he did have that number available. With only two "threatening letters", it still wouldn't make sense.

The threatening letters - the last one was dated 4/27, a week before the murders. What happened prior to him writing that final letter? MCS did find the Walt Disney World tickets. When were they planning to go, and Sheri cancelled? IMO it seems as if she did find out about MM, cancelled the trip and the murder plan was put into action by CC.

All the stuff in the DR. Does anyone but me find it odd that so much of CC's personal stuff - papers, military records, resume, financial records, etc... was found in the dining room? The obviously had a basement office where filing cabinets, etc... were located, so why was all of these important papers of CC's in the dining room? Seems to me that someone was packing him up to get him out of the house.
And speaking of the letters, anyone else notice that they are not 'related' to each other? The second one speaks of warning about not traveling etc., yet the first one only says to enjoy them self in India. The second one claims they did not comply with what they said, only thing is, the first letter does not say what the second tries to implicate. Am I making any sense here? I know what I'm trying to get across but I haven't slept yet and I'm having a hard time getting my words to convey what I'm trying to say.

Hoo-boy, if anyone understands what I'm trying to say and can help me out here, I'd really appreciate it!!

It's time for me to get to work. (Been here all night -- just not doing what I should of been doing -- dang this WS addiction). :) BBL

CC's car is the green ford explorer. It had tons of bags in the back of it, but we're not sure what was in those bags.

Wow! I totally missed all of this in the cars.

Definitely takes on a new look into the state of their marriage, IMO.

Interesting,
fran

IMHO the signatures are different. They are very similar and good enough to fool someone who quickly verifies the signature. However, there is one key difference. Look at the first signature here:

http://http://images.stltoday.com/stltoday/resources/colemanfirstmortgage.pdf

The S is Sheri's name goes down then back up before looping around to move to the next letter.

Now look at the other signatures:

http://images.stltoday.com/stltoday/resources/colemanrefinance.pdf

http://www.pdfdownload.org/pdf2html/pdf2html.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.stltoday.com%2Fstltoday%2Fresources%2Fcolemanquitclaim.pdf&images=yes

On the S in these, the S goes down then immediately loops around...a completely different way of writing.

Oh I know! My dad is a Criminal Forensics Examiner, so I've learned just a little bit about those. Just found it interesting that the SW does list a disk being taken into evidence of recordings of the scene on 5/5. Just my understanding from what he does; they recover all electronic equipment from the scene or LE and take it back to their office labs for review and to prepare their testimony for trials.

One thought I did have on the Dish and I don't know if it's possible; but with Dish Network, Directv, etc... the receivers have DVRs built into them. Is it possible he used one of these connections through the dish, since it was already wired, to record activity on from a camera to that DVR? And is that DVR the one that was reported being missing?

From what I know about Dish DVR's & Super Circuits surveillance software, storing surveillance video on the DVR wouldn't be compatible....Dish uses Linux filesystem, the surveillance software uses Windows.

Certainly not an expert but just my take on it.

How could they file that mortgage instrument without the *WITNESS* signatures?:confused:

That's supposed to be an FHA loan?

Hmmmmmm................
Interesting,
fran

And speaking of the letters, anyone else notice that they are not 'related' to each other? The second one speaks of warning about not traveling etc., yet the first one only says to enjoy them self in India. The second one claims they did not comply with what they said, only thing is, the first letter does not say what the second tries to implicate. Am I making any sense here? I know what I'm trying to get across but I haven't slept yet and I'm having a hard time getting my words to convey what I'm trying to say.

Hoo-boy, if anyone understands what I'm trying to say and can help me out here, I'd really appreciate it!!

ITA, TCO...those letters were as odd as the letter left at the Ramsey's...especially the 2nd letter sounded like JonBenet's 'ransom' letter for some reason (to me anyway)....such a fake ring to it, IYKWIM.

ITA, TCO...those letters were as odd as the letter left at the Ramsey's...especially the 2nd letter sounded like JonBenet's 'ransom' letter for some reason (to me anyway)....such a fake ring to it, IYKWIM.
Yuppers, phony as the day is long if you ask me! None of the threats tie in with each other, the letters and the spray painted messages. It seems more like just making stuff up as he went along, trying to sound threatening, yet complete discord.

To all three victims though? That would really be a coinky dink wouldn't it? If you were only talking one victim, you might have a chance, but all three is more than most would buy, IMO.

But, if there are 5 minute intervals between killings, and all 3 put up some type of struggle, you would see immediate rigor where that struggle ocurred (arm, hands, head, legs). That's only 15 minutes (or 5 minutes inbetween).

Personally, I can see some type of immediate rigor on all victims. To what extent - I do not know. I do, however, believe CC did this -- regardless of how the defense wants to play the TOD card.

Best,

Mel

Yuppers, phony as the day is long if you ask me! None of the threats tie in with each other, the letters and the spray painted messages. It seems more like just making stuff up as he went along, trying to sound threatening, yet complete discord.

I'm also trying to imagine what I would be thinking/feeling if I had gone to the kitchen - as CC did - and read the spray-painted message "I saw you leave. *advertiser censored** you..." while LE was upstairs & one of them yelling 'there's 3 victims'.

I think I would be in shock....it's so hard to imagine....does "What's going on?" really fit with this scene?

Did CC report the threatening letters to LE prior to the murders?

Yes, he did. However, IMHO, I don't think they believed they were 'for real.'

LE MENTIONED the threats in the first reports. But by the way they talked about them, they kind of brushed them aside. Something like, "we're checking into that." NOT really meaningful, IMO.

IF LE thought the alleged threats were for real, they would have spoken much more about them in the initial reports. Generally, homicides are solved within the first 48 hours, or it ends up taking a looonnnnggg time, IF EVER.

IF LE thought the threats were relevant in catching the perp, they would have been asking for the public's help.

JMHO
fran

I totally get what you're saying. I didn't catch it, but will now go back to look. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member