Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate the "thanks" from so many of my fellow sleuthers for the article I posted on Saturday. :blowkiss:

What I noticed especially about it (and bolded) were the condition of the bodies, described as "cold and stiff" and "locked and rigid" ~ which completely destroys CC's timeline that the murders occurred while he was at the gym. Inside a house, in bed, there is no way the bodies would've attained that status in such a short time. I wonder how the defense is going to argue these findings? MOO
My exact thoughts as well. Kind of quashes his 'timeline' doesn't it? I don't think it sounds like the rigor a few were trying to claim from struggling either. Cold and stiff? Nope. The cold part is pretty clear.

My exact thoughts as well. Kind of quashes his 'timeline' doesn't it? I don't think it sounds like the rigor a few were trying to claim from struggling either. Cold and stiff? Nope. The cold part is pretty clear.
Very telling indeed that he would've been the prime suspect right from the get go. It takes a a lot more than an hour for a body to get "cold", "stiff" and "rigid". :behindbar

There you go Panthera!

The information in this article is important!

>>Barlow discovered Garett Coleman's body in his bed, Edwards said. He checked and could not find a pulse. He noticed a ligature mark on the boy's neck and that the body was "cold and stiff," Edwards said.

Donjon found Sheri's body, which was "locked and rigid," Edwards said. There were also ligature marks on her neck.

Patton found Gavin's body in his bed. He also had ligature marks on his neck, but Patton didn't touch the body because he believed there was "evidence on the body," Edwards said.<<

One body was noted as cold and in rigor mortis, the other in rigor mortis (cold was not mentioned in the article, but it is almost a sure thing.) The third body was left untouched due to that which was thought to be evidence on the body.

Really, just how do you get around the conditions that the bodies were found in as being something that "might have" occurred in the short amount of time CC was away (wasn't that 1 hour and 8 minutes?) I hope someone took a photo of the thermostat/thermometer in that house that day (was the heater on, the air conditioner?) Either way, there are records for the temp in that city on that day.

IMO, a person would have to have the IQ of dung, or be severely prejudiced in believing that no one would ever murder their wife and kids, in order to hear the scientific evidence of that which occurs to bodies upon their deaths and then believe that any one of these family members were alive when CC left that morning.

Note to self and prosecutor: all prospective jurors should be asked if they believe that a family member can actually kill another family member, including that family member's own spouse or children.

My question becomes "what evidence" was found on precious Gavin's body. I have asked in our discussions before. I don't recall anyone responding. What evidence might this have been? Was Gavin the last one strangled? Was the ligature that was used one that was used on each/all family members? Was Gavin's life the last one taken, thus the ligature was left on him? Might the cord fashioned as somewhat of a noose and tossed/found alongside the road a "test" noose, tied similar to that found in the house on Gavin perhaps?

What other evidence might have been found on Gavin? Glove, paint vessel, another note from the person who wrote the so-called threats?

One thing is for sure, CC knows what evidence was left on Gavin's body.

Now then, can anyone remind me what the jail is like wherein CC presently resides? What is life like within his present incarceration? I am sickened to think that CC may be enjoying anything more than that which we reserve for those who would plan to and then murder 3 people, including their spouse and little children. Every day that CC is allowed to enjoy anything more than the worst possible punishment for this crime causes me indignation.

There you go Panthera!

The information in this article is important!

>>Barlow discovered Garett Coleman's body in his bed, Edwards said. He checked and could not find a pulse. He noticed a ligature mark on the boy's neck and that the body was "cold and stiff," Edwards said.

Donjon found Sheri's body, which was "locked and rigid," Edwards said. There were also ligature marks on her neck.

Patton found Gavin's body in his bed. He also had ligature marks on his neck, but Patton didn't touch the body because he believed there was "evidence on the body," Edwards said.<<

One body was noted as cold and in rigor mortis, the other in rigor mortis (cold was not mentioned in the article, but it is almost a sure thing.) The third body was left untouched due to that which was thought to be evidence on the body.

Really, just how do you get around the conditions that the bodies were found in as being something that "might have" occurred in the short amount of time CC was away (wasn't that 1 hour and 8 minutes?) I hope someone took a photo of the thermostat/thermometer in that house that day (was the heater on, the air conditioner?) Either way, there are records for the temp in that city on that day.

IMO, a person would have to have the IQ of dung, or be severely prejudiced in believing that no one would ever murder their wife and kids, in order to hear the scientific evidence of that which occurs to bodies upon their deaths and then believe that any one of these family members were alive when CC left that morning.

Note to self and prosecutor: all prospective jurors should be asked if they believe that a family member can actually kill another family member, including that family member's own spouse or children.

My question becomes "what evidence" was found on precious Gavin's body. I have asked in our discussions before. I don't recall anyone responding. What evidence might this have been? Was Gavin the last one strangled? Was the ligature that was used one that was used on each/all family members? Was Gavin's life the last one taken, thus the ligature was left on him? Might the cord fashioned as somewhat of a noose and tossed/found alongside the road a "test" noose, tied similar to that found in the house on Gavin perhaps?

What other evidence might have been found on Gavin? Glove, paint vessel, another note from the person who wrote the so-called threats?

One thing is for sure, CC knows what evidence was left on Gavin's body.

Now then, can anyone remind me what the jail is like wherein CC presently resides? What is life like within his present incarceration? I am sickened to think that CC may be enjoying anything more than that which we reserve for those who would plan to and then murder 3 people, including their spouse and little children. Every day that CC is allowed to enjoy anything more than the worst possible punishment for this crime causes me indignation.

I have not heard or read about the evidence found on the youngest child's body. As mentioned, I interpreted it to mean the sheet with the spray painting to be the evidence. I am assuming the officer did not touch it because the spray paint may have appeared to still be wet.

As to the facilities at the Monroe County Jail......I have read that CC is being housed on the women's side of the jail in a private cell so that he is kept away from the general population. This is wrong in my opinion....he ought to be on the male side with the other prisoners. Let him defend himself.

I would imagine he is going to kick back and watch the All Start game tomorrow night on TV. :furious:

I am not sure about the food for the prisoners, but I have heard it speculated that the jail may send out for food from some of the local restaurants. :furious::furious: I'm just glad I don't live in Illinois and my tax dollars are paying for this.

Greetings dear Panthera, TallCoolOne and Rockman,

Nice to see your good selves this evening :blowkiss:

TallCoolOne -- it is difficult to get beyond the "cold." Bodies weigh X amount and are generally heated at 98.6 degrees while alive, right? When a body dies, it cools (or heats) toward the room temperature wherein it exists at a rate of X amount per pound, according to the room temperature. Obviously, a body that dies within a 30 degree room would cool far faster than a body that dies within a 52 to 72 degree room.

While there may be those who might argue that you or I or any other person might sense or describe "cold to the touch" at differing degrees, I don't think there will be much argument about the temperatures of the bodies that were found and how quickly they might have cooled to that degree within the house which was found at X degree. I dare say that the house temp didn't change too much at that time in the morning and within 1 hour and 8 minutes.

Panthera... I have, at one time, actually imagined that "maybe" something unique dropped out of a shirt pocket of CC and into evidence near Gavin. In other words, maybe CC was known to carry a certain pen, or type of breath mint, or hanky or anything in his shirt pocket and that dropped into Gavin's presence without CC realizing. Myself, I have one particular shirt wherein I keep something in particular in the pocket, when I bend over, that very easily drops out of the pocket.

Maybe, just maybe something unique to CC dropped out of his pocket. On the other hand, just maybe his abrasion or cut bled and dropped and that blood is matched to CC.

Rockman, where did you hear this?

>>I am not sure about the food for the prisoners, but I have heard it speculated that the jail may send out for food from some of the local restaurants.<<

This would piss me off BIG TIME. I hope that some of those people who are local to the jail that CC is within will call and get information and SCREAM (to the media etc.) if they are getting anything other than crappy jail food on a regular basis. Further, I would like to know if they get anything more than fuzzz on the TV screen. Many Americans cannot afford cable or get anything other than what they can get with a minimum TV antenna. GROWL.

I have not heard or read about the evidence found on the youngest child's body. As mentioned, I interpreted it to mean the sheet with the spray painting to be the evidence. I am assuming the officer did not touch it because the spray paint may have appeared to still be wet.

As to the facilities at the Monroe County Jail......I have read that CC is being housed on the women's side of the jail in a private cell so that he is kept away from the general population. This is wrong in my opinion....he ought to be on the male side with the other prisoners. Let him defend himself.

I would imagine he is going to kick back and watch the All Start game tomorrow night on TV. :furious:

I am not sure about the food for the prisoners, but I have heard it speculated that the jail may send out for food from some of the local restaurants. :furious::furious: I'm just glad I don't live in Illinois and my tax dollars are paying for this.

BBM - And it has been rumored that Illinois is going to try IOU's like California - My DH is LE and payday is Wed. I sure hope if we receive an IOU that my mortgage company will respect that!!! How about we all pay our Illinois taxes by IOU next April???

Greetings dear Panthera, TallCoolOne and Rockman,

Nice to see your good selves this evening :blowkiss:

TallCoolOne -- it is difficult to get beyond the "cold." Bodies weigh X amount and are generally heated at 98.6 degrees while alive, right? When a body dies, it cools (or heats) toward the room temperature wherein it exists at a rate of X amount per pound, according to the room temperature. Obviously, a body that dies within a 30 degree room would cool far faster than a body that dies within a 52 to 72 degree room.

While there may be those who might argue that you or I or any other person might sense or describe "cold to the touch" at differing degrees, I don't think there will be much argument about the temperatures of the bodies that were found and how quickly they might have cooled to that degree within the house which was found at X degree. I dare say that the house temp didn't change too much at that time in the morning and within 1 hour and 8 minutes.

Panthera... I have, at one time, actually imagined that "maybe" something unique dropped out of a shirt pocket of CC and into evidence near Gavin. In other words, maybe CC was known to carry a certain pen, or type of breath mint, or hanky or anything in his shirt pocket and that dropped into Gavin's presence without CC realizing. Myself, I have one particular shirt wherein I keep something in particular in the pocket, when I bend over, that very easily drops out of the pocket.

Maybe, just maybe something unique to CC dropped out of his pocket. On the other hand, just maybe his abrasion or cut bled and dropped and that blood is matched to CC.

Rockman, where did you hear this?

>>I am not sure about the food for the prisoners, but I have heard it speculated that the jail may send out for food from some of the local restaurants.<<

This would piss me off BIG TIME. I hope that some of those people who are local to the jail that CC is within will call and get information and SCREAM (to the media etc.) if they are getting anything other than crappy jail food on a regular basis. Further, I would like to know if they get anything more than fuzzz on the TV screen. Many Americans cannot afford cable or get anything other than what they can get with a minimum TV antenna. GROWL.

Speculation on another board - may have been the STLToday site with one of the articles about the case. I could not tell if the person posting it really knew for sure. It seemed odd to me that the jail would do this, but maybe in a small town jail, they don't have the facilities to consistently produce meals for the prisoners?

The whole thing of isolating him in a separate cell, away from the general population irritates me and is just wrong. It makes one wonder what other special privleges he may be getting.

I think this came from the STLToday board. There is a man who posts over there regularly. His daughter was the victim of the last murder that happened in Monroe County. Her murderer/husband was acquitted, so he is left with no justice and this Coleman case has hit him close to home emotionally.

Anyway, he DOES say that certain days of the week Monroe County Jail 'orders in'. His ex son-in-law was held there for quite some time. This was a few years ago (2003 I think). It may or may not be different now, but I think this information came from him.

BTW her name was Twila Wiley.

BBM - And it has been rumored that Illinois is going to try IOU's like California - My DH is LE and payday is Wed. I sure hope if we receive an IOU that my mortgage company will respect that!!! How about we all pay our Illinois taxes by IOU next April???
Oh man, that is not what I want to hear at all. I hope that this is rumor and only remains that way. But hey, I like the idea of paying our taxes next year with an IOU!

Oh man, that is not what I want to hear at all. I hope that this is rumor and only remains that way. But hey, I like the idea of paying our taxes next year with an IOU!

Seriously. And I just saw to day that the acting governor signed a bill to legalize video poker and raise taxes on alcohol, "sweetened tea", coffee, candy and health and beauty products effective September 1 to fund a huge roads and building project.

I appreciate the "thanks" from so many of my fellow sleuthers for the article I posted on Saturday. :blowkiss:

What I noticed especially about it (and bolded) were the condition of the bodies, described as "cold and stiff" and "locked and rigid" ~ which completely destroys CC's timeline that the murders occurred while he was at the gym. Inside a house, in bed, there is no way the bodies would've attained that status in such a short time. I wonder how the defense is going to argue these findings? MOO

In my opinion, the only thing defense can do is damage the credibility of everyone who participated in the autopsy. If it's Gummersheim, she's inexperienced. The guy with the foreign name, inexperienced. Baden--he's been wrong before. That, in a nutshell, is how they'll spin it.

"They've been wrong before--they could be wrong this time too. They're not the sharpest tools in the shed. Baden's been challenged," etc., etc.

Not that I think this will work, mind you--I'm just saying it's about the only thing they can do if they stick with the SOGDI defense.

I wonder who's going to look the fool if Margulis stands back and lets the prosecution win because Margulis has nothing. Will he look like a fool, taking on a case he couldn't win (although he didn't know it when he started), or will it be Coleman looking like a fool for thinking one hot-shot lawyer would set him free?

It's probably the equivalent of Happy Meals. I don't think Chris has a nice big take-out menu to look over and choose from. There's probably an arrangement whereby KFC or McDonald's or Dairy Queen sends over one of their package meals. A Big Mac meal, a two-piece chicken meal, stuff like that. Not gourmet food by any stretch. Greasy bag and a small Coke.

Now, if I'm wrong, if CC is getting prime rib from a local steakhouse, baked potato and all the trimmings, then somebody's tax dollars aren't being well spent.

Anyone who's ever touched a dead body knows what "cold to the touch" feels like. It's not like the flesh is literally cold, but you know when there's no body heat at all. Plus the flesh has no springback, because there's no fluid refill to the tissues after pressure. Dead bodies feel different than live ones!

Early on, late May I believe, someone saying they had police contact posted that a sheet was draped over the child's body and the initials FU were sprayed on it. At the time I found that to be outlandish, so I didn't believe it--turned out to be true.

LOL I don't think that's the way it works. You still have to pay but if you're owed a refund you get an IOU. It isn't fair, I know. MOO

In my opinion, the only thing defense can do is damage the credibility of everyone who participated in the autopsy. If it's Gummersheim, she's inexperienced. The guy with the foreign name, inexperienced. Baden--he's been wrong before. That, in a nutshell, is how they'll spin it.

"They've been wrong before--they could be wrong this time too. They're not the sharpest tools in the shed. Baden's been challenged," etc., etc.

Not that I think this will work, mind you--I'm just saying it's about the only thing they can do if they stick with the SOGDI defense.

I wonder who's going to look the fool if Margulis stands back and lets the prosecution win because Margulis has nothing. Will he look like a fool, taking on a case he couldn't win (although he didn't know it when he started), or will it be Coleman looking like a fool for thinking one hot-shot lawyer would set him free?
I think you're right ~ the defense will most likely stick with SODDI and challenge all evidence against CC, probably including saying he was framed. And of course, the ME is going to be all wrong with the time of death. :rolleyes: But I think that's all they can do. MOO

I sure hope and pray that there is no truth to that rumor!

I sure hope and pray that there is no truth to that rumor!

Update on OT - WE WERE PAID IN REAL MONEY!!!!! Direct deposit went in as usual, thank the good Lord! I wasn't sure how the IOU thing was gonna work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coach K