Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something has been bothering me. According to the warrant Coleman reported that first threat in November. They had the bogus gmail account it came from and the JMM account it went to. Why was the same cybersleuthing not done by someone in LE at the time, as was done after the murders?

Also, CC took a pretty darn big risk by reporting them. If LE did discover it was bogus back then, he would have been busted and humiliated.

That all just seems odd to me.:confused:

thats awesome, but what gets me, is the overall evidence of everything is being played out to only show that the reason that CC did it was for Tara. I can't wait for this to get over with because I want to know why he did what he did at the house, like leave the window open, spray paint messages, if the nearby detective saw anything at all, what was on the security video and so forth.
:rolleyes: Why do you think I named her Miss Motive?

Something has been bothering me. According to the warrant Coleman reported that first threat in November. They had the bogus gmail account it came from and the JMM account it went to. Why was the same cybersleuthing not done by someone in LE at the time, as was done after the murders?

Also, CC took a pretty darn big risk by reporting them. If LE did discover it was bogus back then, he would have been busted and humiliated.

That all just seems odd to me.:confused:
Busted, humiliated, jailed, jobless, and Sheri and the boys would probably still be alive today. (sigh)

Yes, LE should have traced those threats back when they had the chance early on and they were remiss in their job, imo.

Busted, humiliated, jailed, jobless, and Sheri and the boys would probably still be alive today. (sigh)

Yes, LE should have traced those threats back when they had the chance early on and they were remiss in their job, imo.

SS, was that an official inquiry into the threats or something the neighbor looked into unofficially? I just don't recall.

SS, was that an official inquiry into the threats or something the neighbor looked into unofficially? I just don't recall.
I believe it was official, Chico. I will doublecheck to make certain tho. IIRC, he called in the threats and LE was given the originals from the mailbox. The detective across the street put a camera on the house and mailbox which I don't think CC knew about, but I could be mistaken.

One of the other local news outlets as a more detailed copy of the search warrants. Very big, and many details we already know. But page 5 caught my eye. CC had been asking Sheri for a divorce since December of 08, according to the document. Sheri discussed it with her friends. LE has copies of texts, phone calls, and IM's of Sheri's discussion with her friends.

http://www.kmov.com/news/090717_colemandocuments.pdf

It's strange that her family didn't know about this, but her friends did. I felt sure SC had to know something was going on because I think most wives just "know" even if they aren't sure what they know. Now I wonder how much RC and family knew... And if they cared that he was cheating on his wife.... Or if they were just worried that CC might lose a $ or two.......
The Coleman family is one strange disfunctional group of people. MO

...i don't think it's strange at all to tell your friends first...when i was seperating from my husband my family was the last to know....my grandma still doesn't....these things are just more comfortable to discuss with friends that don't judge you or expect something from you and also you don't want them to worry or feel sorry for you..

...i don't think it's strange at all to tell your friends first...when i was seperating from my husband my family was the last to know....my grandma still doesn't....these things are just more comfortable to discuss with friends that don't judge you or expect something from you and also you don't want them to worry or feel sorry for you..

Same here. In fact, even after we separated, I really thought we would work it out and told my family we WOULD be getting back together. After all, we had a "Christian marriage". Sadly, my ex didn't take his vows seriously, either. I'm just thankful he's not a murderer!

I want to thank you guys for bringing out the info on the warrants. I've been doing a side job and haven't had time to research on my own. You guys are all such a blessing! :blowkiss:

One of the other local news outlets as a more detailed copy of the search warrants. Very big, and many details we already know. But page 5 caught my eye. CC had been asking Sheri for a divorce since December of 08, according to the document. Sheri discussed it with her friends. LE has copies of texts, phone calls, and IM's of Sheri's discussion with her friends.

I wonder why he didn't just go file for divorce?

Why didn't Scott Peterson? :confused: Probably for similar reasons - whatever they were. Sadly - we'll probably never know why, really. Who knows what is going on in their minds - I'm not sure I *want to know......how someone can look upon those who love and depend on them, and think of them as "disposable". Something to be rid of because "they're in the way". I hesitate to call CC "human" or a "person" - there's only one word that applies in my opinion and that's "monster".

I cannot even begin to comprehend it - and I've asked myself the very same question you did - plus a kazillion more. This took place very near my home - I witnessed first-hand the police investigation for evidence along I-255 and the JB Bridge (it was impressive - over 40 STL County Police Cars) - but what hits me each and every morning, is that I drive the same route that CC did after leaving his home - from the JB Bridge all the way up to the exit leading to the Gold's Gym. According to the time CC was recorded leaving his house that horrible morning, he may well have been in a vehicle right near mine...there's not that many vehicles on that stretch that time of day......and that just makes me ill.

In answer to your question tho (climbing off soapbox - sorry was lurking for a loooong time and had lots to say :D )- from a "Sociopathic point of view"; a Divorce would reflect as a "failure", where if ones family was "taken" (aka/murdered) - then one would be looked at as someone who'd suffered a loss and was strong enough to live through it, resulting in an "appearance" of further strength to others. Before I married my better half - I dated a guy who I later realized (once I'd extricated myself from the relationship) was a Sociopath. No - he was not a murderer - however - he was the most manipulative, controlling, power-hungry, self-centered, egotistic, soulless jerk I'd ever met. It's all about power and "appearances" - how the world sees you is the most important thing in the world. In CC's eyes - a divorce would have made him look a failure.

The irony of this now is; what's worse for a Sociopath - being looked at as a failure because you have a failed marriage, divorce, alimony, and child support payments - - or to be looked at like he's looked at now - a monster deserving of nothing more than to rot in......:furious:?

But then again - CC's a Sociopath, right? He's "fine", right? :rolleyes:

He would lose his job which was paying for his affair and soon to be marriage. He wasn't willing to give up that fabulous salary and the perks to have his mistress legally. He would have to share everything with Sheri and the boys plus pay them support and alimony every month. The word SELFISH comes to mind.

He would lose his job which was paying for his affair and soon to be marriage. He wasn't willing to give up that fabulous salary and the perks to have his mistress legally. He would have to share everything with Sheri and the boys plus pay them support and alimony every month. The word SELFISH comes to mind.

Then why had he been asking her for a divorce since December of 08? I'm just saying he didn't need her permission. Unless he was wanting her to file for divorce and she wouldn't. The job loss reason is stupid anyway. He had to have known he would be the first person that was looked at in their deaths. I don't know that much about JMM but I am pretty sure that they don't keep murderers on their payroll either. Now he may have wanted to get out of child support and alimony. JMO

Then why had he been asking her for a divorce since December of 08? I'm just saying he didn't need her permission. Unless he was wanting her to file for divorce and she wouldn't. The job loss reason is stupid anyway. He had to have known he would be the first person that was looked at in their deaths. I don't know that much about JMM but I am pretty sure that they don't keep murderers on their payroll either. Now he may have wanted to get out of child support and alimony. JMO
In his mind, he actually thought his "alibi" of being at the gym would work. After all, LE had the previous notes from the "real killer". He thought they would clear him immediately because he threw them off so skillfully. :doh:

He started planning the murders before December. He had no intention of going through a divorce. If divorce was mentioned by CC and Sheri, it was probably brought up during a fight at some point. I do find it difficult to believe that Sheri didn't suspect something was going on behind her back.

For the record, I do not think he believed the loss of his $100,000 a year job plus perks was a stupid reason to commit murder instead of going for the divorce. Where could CC possibly make that kind of money again? There aren't enough JMM's out there for him to steal away such a position on their staffs. He doesn't really have much of a resume to go into other things besides security. Was he going to let his new wife support him on tips from the next gentleman's club?

In his mind, he actually thought his "alibi" of being at the gym would work. After all, LE had the previous notes from the "real killer". He thought they would clear him immediately because he threw them off so skillfully. :doh:

He started planning the murders before December. He had no intention of going through a divorce. If divorce was mentioned by CC and Sheri, it was probably brought up during a fight at some point. I do find it difficult to believe that Sheri didn't suspect something was going on behind her back.

I totally agree w/you here, SS. CC thought he had all bases covered, tho in CC's case - his "brain space" did not match the size of his ego and he wayyy miscalculated! Persons with this mentality really do think they are "above" the law; can do no wrong themselves - and - are amazed and shocked when they find people who do not agree w/them 1000%.

(Come to think of it...almost reminds me of my ex-husband.....wow *I had an amazing track record, didn't I? :eek: Really good thing I'm w/the "right one" now!:nluv:)

Yeah and these guys are xtian "sharks" - trained to protect their conservative "values" (including their prodigious wealth) at all costs. . . even if it means a cover up of what most likely points to JMM paying for CC's trysts with TL.

I saw a lawsuit where Michael King represented an Xtian author (and the publisher) against a female professor - she didn't have a chance. I wouldn't be surprised to see JMM find a way to counter-sue (or threaten to). IMHO, it a travesty of justice and Christianity. I am embarrased to admit I once thought JM "wise".

(Quote Respect Lindadanette: Bolded by me) :)

I did too. The last time I listened to, watched JM...

JM: The bible says the poor will always be with us, they will always be with us. So, I guess its a good thing there are rich people to take care of them.

I think JM forgot, "It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich (wo)man to get into heaven. And. Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he can feed himself for life." Or maybe she didn't read that part of the bible?

In secular life, the secular world...saying, claiming "confidentiality" can be argued: that is the way of this world, law and lawyers, but in my opinion and god knows that's all it is: my opinion of what is Christian and moral...if you have nothing to hide what are you hiding? JM is not practicing what she preaches, if you had any true connection to God you would let go and let...

I am almost forty years old I have seen Jim and Tammy Faye Baker, Oral Roberts, Jimmy Swaggert, JM, the list goes on and on...why are there still starving children? WHY? Really, there has not been enough money collected by now? I am a Christian but all of these "churches" are all the church has ever been: a way to grub money for people who like to be in power over other people who let them.

*Some churches(but mostly it is individual people not the "churches") do good works and if you have been blessed to have been a part of them and to have experienced their good works then blessed be you.

Yes, there are always more good people than "bad" it is just the "bad" gets the most attention and the most money.

...jmo... :innocent:

Very interesting indeed! So in November he starts with the supposedly threatening e-mails and in December Sheri tells her friends he's asking for a divorce. So what happened with that? Did Sheri not go along with it? :confused:

I agree and that seems to be the reason he killed them instead ~ but ~ what is confusing to me now is the revelation that he had asked her for a divorce. Why ask if you know you don't want to be bothered with the alimony & child support? :waitasec:

Originally Posted by Lindadanette
Yeah and these guys are xtian "sharks" - trained to protect their conservative "values" (including their prodigious wealth) at all costs. . . even if it means a cover up of what most likely points to JMM paying for CC's trysts with TL.

I saw a lawsuit where Michael King represented an Xtian author (and the publisher) against a female professor - she didn't have a chance. I wouldn't be surprised to see JMM find a way to counter-sue (or threaten to). IMHO, it a travesty of justice and Christianity. I am embarrased to admit I once thought JM "wise".

Wow do I ever agree with you Lin; I must admit to having been part of her 'ministry' when it was very young. Thank God, He showed me the truth. I still have a hard time believing SOMEONE in her ministry didn't see or know something that was going on with CC during some of these trysts with Tara? He probably had 'time off' but he was in a city elsewhere and couldn't have traveled too far to see TL. It would seem to me that anyone seeing them together would have told JM or at least others? Will this come out in the trial, IF it ever gets here?

Another thing, I have a feeling as you that Sheri had to know something was going on and perhaps even another woman. But maybe she didn't realize who until that unfortunate night, she may have threatened CC that she was going to JM with everything? I think something happened to expedite his plans, or he's a bigger fool than we can begin to imagine. Yes, it was premeditated, but something happened that night to push him into action before his timing.

Before his position as JM personal security person, employees traveling with the team shared motel or hotel rooms with another person. Wonder if he had a roommate or special privileges as her own body guard? Regardless, I find it hard to believe no one knew of TL.

Very interesting indeed! So in November he starts with the supposedly threatening e-mails and in December Sheri tells her friends he's asking for a divorce. So what happened with that? Did Sheri not go along with it? :confused:

I wonder if the divorce rule, ahemmmm, Morality Clause only applied if HE initiated the divorce. He wanted HER to do it to save his cushy job. I still think that she told him she was going to "out" him that night. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member