"She's Going Places" ~ Rascal Flatts Tribute

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
snipped from: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28656396/detail.html

ORLANDO, Fla. -- George and Cindy Anthony's attorney said the pair reached out to the country songs who reportedly wrote a song in memory of their granddaughter Caylee Marie Anthony.

The Anthonys would like to meet the men behind the song, according to Mark Lippman.

:maddening: The Anthony's did not "reach out" to the SA to help convict the "murderer" ... but they reach out wherever there is "fame and fortune" ...

:maddening:

MOO MOO MOO ...

Which brings me to a question....... The protection of Caylee's name. The Anthony's have filed to protect the name right? Now that Casey is free and the Anthony's are not legally the next of kin anymore because Casey has the right to make all of the decisions, I wonder if Casey has to litigate to regain that right or if it is automatic. Maybe it is as simple as reversing her decision to allow for that? I have no idea. But I don't think the Anthony family has the same standing as they did while Casey was in jail.

Bring in the lawyers.

BBM: Great points, grandmaj ...

This is going to be one very interesting "showdown" ... "CMA versus CMA" !

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I just was able to handle watching this tribute today. Beautiful, touching. CA will never be able to taint the sweetness of this tribute as it was done in spite of her and not with her knowledge. She can try, but it won't work. The public will never allow it.

(((hugs))) to sweet Caylee. You deserved so much more than you were given. But now you can rest well by the side of Jesus, safe in his arms.

http://www.countrymusicislove.com/2011/07/casey-anthonys-parents-reach-out-to-rascal-flatts.html

Since Rascal Flatts‘ lead singer Gary LeVox co-wrote a tribute song for their grandaughter Caylee, George & Cindy Anthony, parents to Casey Anthony, have reached out to the band in hopes of getting to personally thank Gary for the tune.

A rep for Rascal Flatts tells TMZ that the band has yet to decide if they’ll meet with the Anthonys.

In case you’re not farmiliar with the situation, Caylee’s lifeless body was found in Orlando, FL in December, 2008, two months after her mother, Casey, had been arrested for murder. Casey went to trial and just this month was found not guilty of first-degree murder, aggravated manslaughter, and aggravated child abuse.

I honestly hope they don't meet with them. I too believe they are trying to reestablish their image in the public eye after ramming one lie after another over a period of three years....culminating in an acquittal of the "evil one."

snipped from: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28656396/detail.html

ORLANDO, Fla. -- George and Cindy Anthony's attorney said the pair reached out to the country songs who reportedly wrote a song in memory of their granddaughter Caylee Marie Anthony.

The Anthonys would like to meet the men behind the song, according to Mark Lippman.

:maddening: The Anthony's did not "reach out" to the SA to help convict the "murderer" ... but they reach out wherever there is "fame and fortune" ...

MOO MOO MOO ...

well, there you go. Why in God's name is CA (not sure myself yet if it is "& GA" or if GA is just tagging along per CA's orders) are the A's announcing their every move through their atty? for some reason, and I can't find the link, I also know that their vacation is ending today or tomorrow can't remember exactly, buy why did I read that at all somewhere? and they are the ones directing Lippman to "announce" their every move. and I have no real problem with them going on a vacation, seriously I do not, buy why do I need to read about it? this is my problem with the A's. can't wait to hear in their lawsuits how they are "private" citizens.... IMO, MOO, etc.

According to TMZ, Casey Anthony’s parents are trying to get in touch with Rascal Flatts. They want to arrange a meet and greet to thank Gary Levox to thank him for his tune, “She’s Going Places.”

http://countrymusictattletale.com/2011/07/25/casey-anthonys-folks-wanna-meet-rascal-flatts/

It totally infuriates me when the Ants pull this ... there's no reason to even make a public announcement of thanking Flatts ... WTH ??

Well, we all know why they're making a simple thank you into a meet and greet, most likely complete with media coverage ... they are not going to let anything happen related to Caylee where they can't be running the show, nothing ...

Cripes they can't even donate shoes without notifying the press ...

Please, please Florida State Attorneys ... charge these scam artist with the crimes they've committed !! Do something to them !! They need to be shut down, now !!

JMO, Cindy wants to direct the proceeds from the song to HER "charity" .. Caylee's "Fund" and use the song to promote HER "non-profit" ...

It totally infuriates me when the Ants pull this ... there's no reason to even make a public announcement of thanking Flatts ... WTH ??

Well, we all know why they're making a simple thank you into a meet and greet, most likely complete with media coverage ... they are not going to let anything happen related to Caylee where they can't be running the show, nothing ...

Cripes they can't even donate shoes without notifying the press ...

Please, please Florida State Attorneys ... charge these scam artist with the crimes they've committed !! Do something to them !! They need to be shut down, now !!

JMO, Cindy wants to direct the proceeds from the song to HER "charity" .. Caylee's "Fund" and use the song to promote HER "non-profit" ...

I agree - it's all about the ant's whoring themselves out to the media. WHY can't they do a single thing without letting the presses know? If they had an ounce of dignity, they wouldn't say a word and meet quietly with RF. But, nooooo, gotta get Lippman on the news and spread the word.

I guess the ant's are back in town.

UGHHH.

Mel

You're right - I didn't notice that before.
Makes me even more suspicious of the Anthonys wanting to meet him. Bet they want some of the profits to go to their new "foundation."

Well I'm waiting for the ant's to start jumping up and down about the proceeds, and wanting them to go to their foundation.

One hundred percent of the proceeds from the song that celebrates what little Caylee Anthony could have been will benefit the National Association to Protect Children.

I'll just have to wait and see - but it certainly wouldn't suprise me.

MOO

Mel

While its great they want to thank them....Why didn't they ever thank TM for looking for Caylee or RK for actually finding her?
Or thanking those who gave of their money , sweat and tears looking for their grandchild?
And people wonder why they are not a beloved family.

I meant I was mad that CA and GA wanted to meet with him, not that he wrote it.

Yes, I know. Caylee was their grandaughter and there is no evidence that the Anthony's did anything to cause Caylee's death - none. In fact, all the evidence show that they cared more for Caylee than Caylee's mother.

Lots of people are not raised perfectly - in fact, some come from hellacious backgrounds, but they don't grow up to lie about their child being dead and rotting while they party for a month - probably longer had she not been caught. Cindy Anthony made the 911 call. Cindy Anthony and George Anthony maintained there was a smell of death in the trunk of the car. Cindy cleaned the car but so what....they would still have called it junk science even if she had left it alone. Cindy was in denial that Caylee was dead - even though her instincts had to tell her she was.

I have no idea how I'd act if my daughter killed the grandbaby that I worshiped and cared for every day for 2 1/2 years. Living through it would seem an accomplishment. I have no reason to believe they love and miss Caylee so I will treat them as grieving grand-parents.

I would want to meet and thank Rascal Flatts also if I were the grandmother of a dead baby - I think it would be rude of them not to.

Which brings me to a question....... The protection of Caylee's name. The Anthony's have filed to protect the name right? Now that Casey is free and the Anthony's are not legally the next of kin anymore because Casey has the right to make all of the decisions, I wonder if Casey has to litigate to regain that right or if it is automatic. Maybe it is as simple as reversing her decision to allow for that? I have no idea. But I don't think the Anthony family has the same standing as they did while Casey was in jail.

Bring in the lawyers.

bbm
I agree,

I suspect there may be a tug of war on the horizon between Cindy and Casey over Caylee's name, rights to the name etx....

MOO MOO MOO ...

A letter thanking Rascal Flatts would suffice
:twocents:

I do think RF should donate the proceeds to the foundation set up for Caylee and the Anthony's should not get a penny of it. I don't agree that they should profit....but I do see how they would want to thank them.

TMZ's wording of "meet and greet" was their wording. I also agree either a letter or a private meeting would suffice.

IMO, if FCA is monitoring the news, she is going to blow or has already flipped out with her "handlers" since CA&GA are in the news about their vacation, this Rascal Flats song, etc., Lippman is making a statement every other day about where and what CA&GA are doing, and they are getting all of the attention, and FCA isn't really getting any. Other than people wondering where she is, and the negative emotions about her. Nothing she has actually said or done recently is known by "the world" and she is not going to like that! Her handlers have their hands full at the moment, I imagine, IMO, MOO, etc. I wonder what FCA thinks about the song about little Caylee and her parents wanting to get in on some of that action?? IMO, MOO, etc.

Talk about putting someone on the spot...

It sounds as if the A's have already asked and have not yet heard back. Now, making this public will put pressure on the band for an answer.

Announcing such a thing before any agreement really puts the band on the spot.

If you want to make the "thank you" into free publicity for yourself or for whatever organization, at least wait until you have an agreement on both sides....sheesh. Perhaps my expectations are too high?

IMO, if FCA is monitoring the news, she is going to blow or has already flipped out with her "handlers" since CA&GA are in the news about their vacation, this Rascal Flats song, etc., Lippman is making a statement every other day about where and what CA&GA are doing, and they are getting all of the attention, and FCA isn't really getting any. Other than people wondering where she is, and the negative emotions about her. Nothing she has actually said or done recently is known by "the world" and she is not going to like that! Her handlers have their hands full at the moment, I imagine, IMO, MOO, etc. I wonder what FCA thinks about the song about little Caylee and her parents wanting to get in on some of that action?? IMO, MOO, etc.

Exactly - if this doesn't smoke her out, nothing will. Casey will definitely want profit from the use of Caylee's name, IMO. After figuring out she is not going to get money for interviews, this will seem like a viable loophole, IMO.

bbm
I agree,

I suspect there may be a tug of war on the horizon between Cindy and Casey over Caylee's name, rights to the name etx....

I agree like it or not...Casey is the mother of Caylee...

Casey is the only one who should have the rights to Caylees name.... I think it's about time for Cindy Anthony to realize that she is NOT Caylees mother.

Infact, I can't see how the Grandparents were allowed to stake claim on Caylees name without the mothers consent... can someone explain to me how this happens? Can anyone stake a claim on Caylees name?

What a lovely tribute! I had not heard of Rascal Flatt's before now but I am grateful to him for choosing such a worthy subject for his beautiful song. A fitting song for a little princess not properly cared for and taken out of the world far too soon. Rest in peace little angel.

I agree like it or not...Casey is the mother of Caylee...

Casey is the only one who should have the rights to Caylees name.... I think it's about time for Cindy Anthony to realize that she is NOT Caylees mother.

Infact, I can't see how the Grandparents were allowed to stake claim on Caylees name without the mothers consent... can someone explain to me how this happens? Can anyone stake a claim on Caylees name?

I agree Wendy

And it would not surprise me to learn Casey has begun or is looking into gaining control over all that she can that is Caylee related.

I agree Wendy

And it would not surprise me to learn Casey has begun or is looking into gaining control over all that she can that is Caylee related.

IMO she will gain total control, it's just a matter of time. Unfortunatley, she is Caylee's mother.

The thought of this makes me crazy, but, I think the law will be one her side when push comes to shove.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back