Should Casey Receive Counseling in Jail?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you want Casey to receive counseling?

• Yes, I'd like her to receive counseling.

Votes: 115 23.8%
  • No, I don't want her to receive counseling.

Votes: 134 27.7%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 234 48.4%

• Total voters
Sounds as though George Anthony was really into gambling and I don't blame Cindy for not going thru with the divorce. Is it known if he was seeing someone else?

I think she should have had counseling a long time ago. I think it's a little too late. In her sick mind the only problem she has is that she is in jail. I think it would be a waste of tax payer dollars. Use the money for a needy family who cares for their child.

Does anyone know what counseling, if any, is offered to inmates of the jail in Orange County FL?

Also, what counseling would be offered to an inmate of a FL prison?

In my humble opinion,KC should recieve only what any other inmate of jail or prison recieves. No more no less.

Does anyone know what counseling, if any, is offered to inmates of the jail in Orange County FL?

Also, what counseling would be offered to an inmate of a FL prison?

In my humble opinion,KC should recieve only what any other inmate of jail or prison recieves. No more no less.

I honestly don't know but in trying to find an answer I came across this link to Florida Corrections Department and it has alot of information. I'm vision challanged therefore it's takes me forever to locate specific info sometimes, therefore I wanted to put the link out so that anybody/everybody else who is interested can look if they'd like -

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/

I honestly don't know but in trying to find an answer I came across this link to Florida Corrections Department and it has alot of information. I'm vision challanged therefore it's takes me forever to locate specific info sometimes, therefore I wanted to put the link out so that anybody/everybody else who is interested can look if they'd like -

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/

thank you nomoresorrow. I will read that website. :)

Psychologist conducting inmate mental health interview.
http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/hlthfact.html

Very interesting nomoresorrow! Thank you:). I wonder how access to mental health care is granted to inmates of jail and/or prison. By that I'm wondering if they self refer to mental health, or is it required or does it take a court order, or is it by physician referral. I know, I know, I'm too curious about so many things:).

Very interesting nomoresorrow! Thank you:). I wonder how access to mental health care is granted to inmates of jail and/or prison. By that I'm wondering if they self refer to mental health, or is it required or does it take a court order, or is it by physician referral. I know, I know, I'm too curious about so many things:).

Just came across the mental health administrative codes, here's the direct link if your interested:
http://www.dc.state.fl.us/secretary/legal/Ch33/index.html

Just came across the mental health administrative codes, here's the direct link if your interested:
http://www.dc.state.fl.us/secretary/legal/Ch33/index.html

Right off the bat, here it is in black and white:

33-404.105 Consent to Mental Health Evaluation and Treatment.
(1) Before mental health evaluation, counseling, or psychotherapy is rendered to an inmate, the provider of such service shall ask the inmate to give written consent, after the limits on confidentiality are explained, unless such consent was given previously within 12 months. The explanation shall enable the inmate to make a knowing and willful decision without any element of fraud, deceit, or duress, or any other form of constraint or coercion.
(2) If an inmate refuses treatment that is deemed to be necessary for the inmate’s appropriate care and safety, such treatment may be provided under the following circumstances:
(a) In an emergency situation in which there is immediate danger to the health and safety of the inmate or others, such treatment shall be provided at any major institution, upon the written order of a physician for a period not to exceed 48 hours, excluding weekends and legal holidays, if no available lesser restrictive or intrusive intervention would be effective.
(b) If an inmate is unable to give express consent to mental health treatment and, in the professional judgment of the mental health care provider, such treatment is immediately necessary to preserve the inmate’s welfare, emergency mental health treatment shall be rendered.
(c) If an inmate requires long-term involuntary treatment, the inmate shall be referred to the Corrections Mental Health Institution in accordance with Section 945.48, F.S.

So we can assume that KC must give written consent for this service unless it it determined by the provider otherwise. Wonderful sleuthing nomoresorrow.

Also, this webpage gives statutes and practices of all inmate during their sentence. This will answer so many questions about what KC is/will experience during her time at the jail/prison.

YW Kat! Loads of good info, this is interesting;

33-404.103 Mental Health Services - Definitions.
(bolded by me)
(3) “Mental Disorder” means an impairment of the emotional processes, of the ability to exercise conscious control of one’s actions, or of the ability to perceive reality or to understand, which impairment substantially interferes with a person’s ability to meet the ordinary demands of living, regardless of etiology, except that for the purposes of transfer of an inmate to a mental health treatment facility, the term does not include retardation or developmental disability as defined in Chapter 393, F.S., simple intoxication, or conditions manifested only by antisocial behavior or drug addiction. A mental disorder, however, can exist in an individual who is retarded or developmentally disabled.
http://www.flrules.org/gateway/readFile.asp?sid=0&tid=1591399&type=1&File=33-404.103.doc

Of course we don't actually know KC's official RX but from all of the talk here, if KC does have a personality disorder vs. mental illness, I don't think that she would qualify for counseling/therapy.

Right off the bat, here it is in black and white:

So we can assume that KC must give written consent for this service unless it it determined by the provider otherwise. Wonderful sleuthing nomoresorrow.

Also, this webpage gives statutes and practices of all inmate during their sentence. This will answer so many questions about what KC is/will experience during her time at the jail/prison.

Great stuff, thanks to you as well Kat :blowkiss:I wanted to get the link(s) out as I said, otherwise it could take me until around Christams of next year to locate what all WS's want to know & find. Well lots of reading to do.......

I voted that I really did not care because it would not help her anyway, IMO. Also, I do know that any counseling Casey would have will be as a result of a court order. I rather doubt that Baez would petition the court for it.

I would like Casey to receive counseling if it will help her to become fully aware of the gravity of her actions, and to feel due remorse.

Nope-if she wants to pay for it herself, no peep from me...she is not a convict right now (her felony conviction was time served, IIRC), so she gets no freebies from tax payer money other than a defense and life's necessities that prevent her from being labeled as 'tortured' (ie., food, water, clothing and medication).
When she is a convict, and she will be, then the answer is still no-Prison is for punishment, not rehab. :cow:

Is her family going to pay for the counseling? If so then yes. If the tax payer is footing the bill then no.
KC is showing no remorse, so what would she need counselling for?

I voted, I don't care!

First, in order for counseling to help someone, they must be open and honest! ICA can never be honest, IMO...she lives in a fantasy world, she is out of touch with reality..when someone lies to others, they lie to themselves. She would not benefit...

Second, one must admit to their errors, ICA is perfect, she makes no errors...JMHO

I'd love to have her have insight into herself but I feel she's already aware.

I'd love for her to show remorse for Caylee, she's not accepting responsibility and IMO, she never will..why waste tax dollars on someone who is beyond the realm of "real" help...she doesn't need it, for I doubt she'll be around society after this trial.

Casey is too manipulative for counseling to work, she is always trying to one up someone. If it were a male counselor she would treat it like date night if it were a female counselor I feel she would try to outwit through the BFF approach or take the sympathetic my family life was so bad blah blah. She is not capable of telling the truth so the whole ordeal would be a orchestration of manipulations. I dont think it would be effective. IMO

Casey is too manipulative for counseling to work, she is always trying to one up someone. If it were a male counselor she would treat it like date night if it were a female counselor I feel she would try to outwit through the BFF approach or take the sympathetic my family life was so bad blah blah. She is not capable of telling the truth so the whole ordeal would be a orchestration of manipulations. I dont think it would be effective. IMO

You are right on the money. Waste of time. She'll do fine.....she already has shown us that with the two inmate in protective custody. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back