Should Casey Receive Counseling in Jail?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you want Casey to receive counseling?

• Yes, I'd like her to receive counseling.

Votes: 115 23.8%
  • No, I don't want her to receive counseling.

Votes: 134 27.7%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 234 48.4%

• Total voters
I don't remember seeing this thread so it probably started before I was a member.

Do I believe ICA should receive counseling in Jail? Well, right now - two years after the murder she is awaiting trial, she hasn't been convicted - YET.

So, no counseling because she is not guilty until convicted, right? And why would a not guilty person need counseling?

When ICA is found guilty, and she is serving LWOP or awaiting her death sentence, yes, absolutely let her use any counseling services that are available in federal prisons.:innocent:

Exactly. If she is indeed a socipath, and she does appear to be from all signs and symptoms, then counseling is not going to do a thing for her...except give her another "pawn" to try to manipulate.

A study was done on counseling and sociopaths (and I do not have the link) but it was found that the counseling had little effect on the sociopath EXCEPT that it gave them more information on how to "fool" those around them. I thought that was very interesting.

I have also heard that getting a sociopath early treatment in childhood can be beneficial. I also read that a sociopath does not show signs until they are in their teens - I have also read that there is a disconnect in the brain as far as reception of emotion goes e.g. love, when the "normal" person sees a loved one, there is a reaction in the brain; not so for the sociopath, the feeling is fragmented and the sociopath does not know what to make of the emotion; hence they are frustrated, cannot hold on to relationships, cannot hold on to jobs, cannot hold on to friends. Sounds familiar. They lie constantly because they really do not have an emotional attachment to anyone and lying gets them through for a short while and then they move on to others who do not know them as well. Since they do not have emotional attachments, they have no problem lying and stealling and leaving havoc in their way.

A study was done on counseling and sociopaths (and I do not have the link) but it was found that the counseling had little effect on the sociopath EXCEPT that it gave them more information on how to "fool" those around them. I thought that was very interesting.

I have also heard that getting a sociopath early treatment in childhood can be beneficial. I also read that a sociopath does not show signs until they are in their teens - I have also read that there is a disconnect in the brain as far as reception of emotion goes e.g. love, when the "normal" person sees a loved one, there is a reaction in the brain; not so for the sociopath, the feeling is fragmented and the sociopath does not know what to make of the emotion; hence they are frustrated, cannot hold on to relationships, cannot hold on to jobs, cannot hold on to friends. Sounds familiar. They lie constantly because they really do not have an emotional attachment to anyone and lying gets them through for a short while and then they move on to others who do not know them as well. Since they do not have emotional attachments, they have no problem lying and stealling and leaving havoc in their way.

Yes, I believe you are correct Solace from all the information I've read about sociopaths since ICA was charged. I believe many of the studies on sociopaths are conducted on incarcerated prisoners, which was why I was suggesting very tongue in cheek that ICA receive counseling once she has been found guilty and is serving her time.
I think she is too far down the road to be learning appropriate social skills.

I selected "don't care". She may at some point want to do some personal work, but I doubt it. She is too invested in the lies,the nonsense and the macabre fame she has attained.

Absolutely-counseling for Casey could not hurt. BUT the one thing that we need to remember about counseling, and the counselor will tell you this him/herself: counseling will do NOTHING to help unless the person receiving the counseling believes it will help and actively participates in attempting to make the changes required BY the counseling. Treatments of this nature are not a magic wand. They only work if the counseled are honest and actively involve themselves in their own treatment...
BBM: Which is why I think it would be a total waste of time and money. Use the counselor's time and taxpayers' dollars on someone that might benefit from it.

BBM: Which is why I think it would be a total waste of time and money. Use the counselor's time and taxpayers' dollars on someone that might benefit from it.

That's a good point too. Enough resources have been squandered on this simple, obvious case...and it's only going to get worse.

I voted I don't care. I don't think it'll do her any good. I think it'll go in one ear and out the other. And I don't think she'd go for it unless it benefitted her in some way other than just getting better. She doesn't think she has a problem anyway. Caylee was her trash to do what she wanted with. If she can't ever see what she did to Caylee as wrong, then there is never going to be anything to help her in any way.

Besides, I bet there'll be some unconventional, forced "counseling" going on that she'll get plenty of once she's in gen pop. That's enough for me.

Frankly ( ;) sorry, couldn't help myself), I couldn't care less if KC gets counseling. Can't see how it will really help her where she's going, but our justice system offers to criminals many benefits that are neither warranted nor deserved. KC certainly never gave Caylee any opportunity for the benefits she, herself, has been receiving and will still yet receive in the future.

I guess I just don't understand that. :(

No. It wouldn't help. Just put her away or put her down. Since when do we even care if the prisoners are mentally comfortable in jail with the crimes they committed? We're so concerned for the wrong people if that is the case, JMOO.

No. It wouldn't help. Just put her away or put her down. Since when do we even care if the prisoners are mentally comfortable in jail with the crimes they committed? We're so concerned for the wrong people if that is the case, JMOO.

I agree. Besides, hasn't Casey been reading the Bible while in jail (pretty sure I remember that right). Well she could be one of the many murderers who find God instead. That's all she'll have left IMO. Judgement day....is coming for her.

I'm friends with a therapist who has counseled children for years. She said that they don't counsel sociopathic children anymore because it is a waste of time. Sociopaths are born without a conscience and you can't buy one or get a transplant...it just isn't there. That is why they can do the things that they do without a second thought. They don't have emotions like we do but copy other people.

I've seen a lot of prisoner's mental health records (part of my job, don't ask lol). I see them being treated for depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, anxiety. I have never seen a record of a prisoner being treated for a personality disorder. A personality disorder may be listed as one of their diagnoses, but, not as something that is being treated.

Just my :twocents:

Casey is a waste of airspace. I don't care if she gets counseling or not.
I'd prefer she rot in her cell, tbh.

I voted I don't care. She does'nt care how she has affected the lives of those
around her. Why would she be open to any counseler other than to play "show time".

Casey doesn't need a counseler.

What she needs is her cell wallpapered with the pictures Dr.G. took of the masking tape on her childs mandible/hair.:furious:

As my sweet grandmother would have said, "Wouldn't that be like closing the barn door after the horse has escaped?"

I mean, to what avail? Do we want to make sure that she gets along better with her fellow prisoners or what? (I think the prison guards are not in danger and can manage her as she is and know how to cope with a whole lot worse than Casey.) So what would be the point? When she's found guilty she will get either life or death. It's not like we as a public should have any investment in trying to rehabilitate her back into society.

Counseling? For what?

Even the best counseling can't instill maternal love, a sense of truth, dignity for self or others, or most of all, humility.

So, my answer is NO, and absolutely NOT. Casey has soaked enough innocent victims in Florida, let God sort it out.

Solace said:

If scientists want to study her brain, I'd love to see it!

Just learned that a sociopath has a defect in the frontal lobes. If they do a CT scan on her and see this defect, I'd love for them to followup with her. That's what she'd be good for, being a guinea pig, probing and prodding...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I think someone who would confess would be more worthy of counseling and more likely to be rehabilitated. Casey too full of herself and denies everything so whats the point?
Shes too far gone IMO. She probably needed it yrs ago and even then wouldve fought it. Dont forget, she was on baby #2. (miscarriage)
Jesse G was willing to marry her, think its pretty big of him but she turned him down saying: you love Caylee more than ME.
So,counseling would be a waste. It cost taxpayers enough to keep her where shes at:furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avah
Back