Should Cindy and George be charged? Do They Need An Attorney?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Should Cindy, and/or George be charged??

• Yes they should be

Votes: 774 62.4%
  • No They shouldn't be

Votes: 150 12.1%
  • I dunno yet

Votes: 317 25.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still not sure...the jury is still out for me...but I do wonder (and this is pure speculation based on the behavior I've seen) if LE negotiated with the GPs-explained to them they had enough to charge them but wouldn't if they started to spill everything they know and work with them (like not going for their visit). There was definitely a change in their demeanor recently IMO. Except, I don't understand why Cindy would then challenge LE's claim about the phone calls. Not a perfect theory, I guess.

at this point can you explain HOW you believe this? what facts back this thought up?

I don't really know of course, but right now today, there hasn't been any physical evidence that a crime has been done. I do have doubts of course as to whether this is correct, however, I think it it obvious that mom and grandma are fighting over the baby.
You know what bugs me is that Cindy called the LE to the house to pick up more stuff a couple days before Caylee's birthday. That just seems like an attempt to let Casey know how angry she is that Caylee isn't going to be there for her birthday. I don't know, it just seems that way to me, I can't see another reason for it.

no sorry, there has been too much real evidence against this thoery. The smell of the car is well documented I believe in in court by LE weeks ago.

um yeah, but that was the only thing that actually kept her there, (and they are trying to build a case) except for all the lies of course, and we don't have the results of those tests back yet, or at least we don't know what they are. Why wouldn't LE tell the public, and turn it over to homocide if there was real physical evidence. I don't know, but I'm thinking they don't have anything. jmo, for now.
As far as the difference in behavior of the family, now that her birthday has come and gone, they are just really p/o.
Why hasn't Casey told her attorney's, who are the only ones on her side right now, I don't know, the only thing I can think of is what she said on her my space, "trust no one".

maybe Yosande hasn't been following this on WS since day 1 and hasn't read through every thread since #1...??? To explain: I've been following/lurking since about thread #30 or so, and finally had to jump in recently, and I wished/hoped as Yosande states through about thread #55 or so, but the more time that passes, coupled with all of the thoughts and opinions of all of the fabulous WSers I've been reading, well, you get the picture. I am so sad but I think Caylee is no longer with us, and I simply think Yosande is where I was emotionally and mentally a few weeks, ago... JMO

Yes it's true, I haven't read the first threads. Yes, it is wishful thinking on my part. Yes, as time continues to pass it is difficult to maintain this hope, after all you can't keep a kid hid forever. Do you know if anyone checked to see if Amy, and Rick had a child with them when they went to P.R. while Casey was here driving her car around. I mean who would give the keys to your car to a flake? If she could afford a vacation, she could have afforded a taxi home, or left it at the airport. too many questions. not enough brain power. lol

Yes it's true, I haven't read the first threads. Yes, it is wishful thinking on my part. Yes, as time continues to pass it is difficult to maintain this hope, after all you can't keep a kid hid forever. Do you know if anyone checked to see if Amy, and Rick had a child with them when they went to P.R. while Casey was here driving her car around. I mean who would give the keys to your car to a flake? If she could afford a vacation, she could have afforded a taxi home, or left it at the airport. too many questions. not enough brain power. lol

At the time, I think, Amy and Casey were planning to move in together... so there wouldn't be nothing abnormal about Amy letting her intending roomie have access to her car, while gone.

Don't let anyone chide you for holding on to your hope... until there is a body, or LE turns this into a murder case with evidence to show why: this is still just a missing child case, bottom line. Yes, things do point to this case being other wise... but nothing has been made official yet.

Ok, I'm out the door to spend the day in the mountains doing nature photography. I hope when I get back this case will have advanced in a direction of finding answers to what is going on and where Caylee is at. Peace to everyone...

I can not figure out why the Anthony's keep agreeing with Casey's excuses if they don't know something. Bizarre isn't even the word. Something's not right with the whole thing.

Hi Yosande,
I haven't seen LE release anything re: the trip to PR and whether or not any child took the trip, so it's still in the air...and what with all of the business today about the kidnappers being watched...:confused:

I can not figure out why the Anthony's keep agreeing with Casey's excuses if they don't know something. Bizarre isn't even the word. Something's not right with the whole thing.

I can't help but wonder if anything Casey's parents are saying is because of advice they're getting on how to handle her to someday get her to tell the truth. They may be talking 1 way in public and quite another behind closed doors and with the police and FBI.

VB

I can't help but wonder if anything Casey's parents are saying is because of advice they're getting on how to handle her to someday get her to tell the truth. They may be talking 1 way in public and quite another behind closed doors and with the police and FBI.

VB

good thought

If nothing else they should be charged with tampering with evidence, possibly accessory after the fact. I think further charges would have to depend on what was found out as far as the lies that Cindy is spinning.

Cindy is an RN who would most likely have access to chloroform. If Casey purchased it off the internet where would she send it? She doesn't have a real address besides her parent's home......Cindy could have her RN license revoked for doing such a thing and could even face legal problems. George.........I don't know about him but I wouldn't put it back him to help hide evidence

I voted yes....charge them both with being stupid and hindering apprehension. Especially after I heard Cindy say....who knows, someone might have put a body in there at the tow yard. Is she for freaking real??? Every day the words that come out of her mouth are amazing.

I had voted 'I don't know' but I now think that at least Cindy should be charged. I am convinced she has been busy trying to save Casey's necks since day 1 now and I don't believe she is suffering grief anymore. I think she knew the first day that Caylee was dead due to Casey and has been working to destroy as much evidence as she could find and help Casey with this story etc. I think this Caylee is alive with trusted friends is all an act and a story she is trying to pass off on purpose.

I don't believe this. I feel LE is pretty fed up with Cindy and the fertilizer she is spreading. Especially Sheriff Beary!! I think she spins the same garbage to LE as she does on tv.

VB

Cindy is an RN who would most likely have access to chloroform. If Casey purchased it off the internet where would she send it? She doesn't have a real address besides her parent's home......Cindy could have her RN license revoked for doing such a thing and could even face legal problems. George.........I don't know about him but I wouldn't put it back him to help hide evidence

Chloroform was outlawed here in the 1970's. I don't know how she would have had any more access to it then anyone else.
Chloroform can also be made by mixing Chlorine and water.
Chloroform can also be made with ethanol (alcohol, wine, liquor) and chlorine.

Yuppers, just for being a rude, obnoxious person, but obstruction of justice seems to fit, destroying evidence. Oh yeah, george too, although he stepped back lately.

I voted "yes."

Since day one, both Cindy and George have been Casey apologists. That, in and of itself, is not illegal, but tampering with evidence is illegal. Withholding evidence or information in a criminal investigation is also illegal. Lying in a criminal investigation to obscure or obstruct the investigation is illegal.

As more and more facts have been made public, it's become clear that there's been evidence tampering - the washing of Casey's slacks that were found in the car that Cindy said "smelled like the car", is just one example.

George's story about the gas can theft is suspicious, and it was sometime in early August that OCSO came to the Anthony home and confiscated the "stolen" gas cans, along with clothing found in the car. I believe George was withholding evidence.

I first became suspicious of George and Cindy on June 18th or 19th. At that time, they gave a lengthy interview in their home with a local news media. One would expect grandparents in a similar situation to be emotional - their two-year-old granddaughter had been missing for more than a month and they believed that she had been kidnapped. Yet, there wasn't a tear shed, nor any fear for her safety expressed.

In the interview that lasted about 20 minutes, they spend a great deal of time telling about child safety in their home - how the shed is always locked and only they have the key; how they're careful to make sure the pool ladder is away from the pool when it's not in use; and how Casey always spent time in the yard with a shovel digging up bamboo shoots so Caylee wouldn't step on them in her bare feet.

As the weeks wore on, it became apparent that the Anthonys knew then, just two or three days after Casey was arrested, what had happened, and were laying the ground work for what they knew would eventually be revealed publicly..........the borrowing of the shovel, the locked shed, and the pool ladder.

In just the past few days, Cindy's attempt to stop the TES search for Caylee's remains, telling Tim Miller he's to look for a live Caylee, is a blatant obstruction of justice, interfereing with the investigation. It's fortunate that LE stepped in asking Tim to stay and continue the search, and even contributing money, boats, and manpower to the search effort.

Luckily, Cindy's ravings are on national television and will be very useful for LE if and when charges are filed.

Well I got click happy and voted Yes, then realized it said Cindy and George.

I'm not yet sure about George, but I do, at this point, believe Cindy is obstructing justice and interfering with the investigation. And that's at the very least.

Now that she has admitted knowing that Caylee was missing in June, and didn't call LE, well that's just damning on so many levels. It takes a cold, cold heart to endanger, rather than help, your own grandbaby.

I'm looking at her actions much differently now. What else has that cold heart done?

It would depend upon what they've told to the police versus what they've told the media. There are items which implicate George as an accessory that I would need to follow up on: (ie- his suggesting there was bleach with the rotting pizza, might have been an attempted cover for the future discovery of chloroform, considering that Chloroform is made of bleach and acetone. Also his statements in the towyard regarding "we've just found my daughter", before Amy's phonenumber was retrieved from the piece of paper in the car which led them to finding Casey. Plus his reporting of missing gas cans which he later told reporters he found in the car, despite the car being in the abandoned state at the time. Plus his knowledge of bringing a gas can to fill up the car's tank at the towyard, despite not being told it was out of gas.

His statement regarding the day the car was retrieved omitted all details of retrieving the car, and in fact, his statement worked around the fact that he'd picked up the car (though this was likely covered in unreleased documents).

The bounty hunters statement that everyone will be shocked by the next release of forensic evidence (beleived to be the recent chloroform information) is a paraphrase of a statement he made regarding how Lee, Cindy, and Casey will be shocked by it.. he omitted George's shock, and considering the current focus on Casey, I'm surprised that the bounty hunter would have thought Casey would be surprised.

His leading of the investigators during the backyard search struck me as odd, considering that as an ex-police officer, he would have known not to lead the search because statements such as "we've already checked the sheds, but you can check behind them," and "I already moved the playset to check below it" etc, have a way of coming back to haunt an investigation.

As far as Cindy goes, I haven't detected any of that kind of thing, though she is quick to mislead the media, there's no crime in that, other than affecting the search proceedures/willingness to continue searching. If she's doing the same to authorities, then there is a crime being committed. I don't like her because she's given me nothing to like through the reporters and other people's statements regarding her. Plus I am a little predisposed against racists, and leery of the fact that Casey was known to have dated men outside of her own race. However, again, there's no evidence (or indication of unfound evidence) linking her to anything other than being a concerned mom and a grandparent acting upon her desires to fullfill those roles to what she beleives is the best of her ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro