SIDEBAR #11- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No .. I truly believe they did and entire family was away at the Grand Canyon and court decided not to bother waiting .. Sandy and Donovan lied IMO.

The court didn't wait for Mark Geragos to deliver S Peterson's verdict.

NancyGrace is very pretty she is older and as gained some weight after having kids.
But I did gained weight after my daughter was born and at 56 years old I don't look bad but I sure don't look like I did many years ago in my younger days ...NancyGrace has helped so many people and as been though a lot in her life time plus she is the only TV channel I get my news about cases on other than here where I read daily and enjoy everyones posted if not for her and you all I wouldn't know anything and could not keep up with the cases.

Hi Linda, I really like Nancy also. However, I do not think the comparison with Stevie Nicks is an accurate one. :floorlaugh:

Good morning everyone. Happy Monday. I am home sick today with bad allergies. Any new developments in Jodi Land???

Good morning! :coffeews:

At some point today, i'll be planting my flower beds.

NancyGrace is very pretty she is older and as gained some weight after having kids.
But I did gained weight after my daughter was born and at 56 years old I don't look bad but I sure don't look like I did many years ago in my younger days ...NancyGrace has helped so many people and as been though a lot in her life time plus she is the only TV channel I get my news about cases on other than here where I read daily and enjoy everyones posted if not for her and you all I wouldn't know anything and could not keep up with the cases.

:applause:

I wonder if JA's family didn't show up for the jury question/reading of the non-verdict as a DT/family deliberate attempt to manipulate.

Specifically, if the DT believed it was very likely a verdict would be reached that Thurs [as many of us believed] and JA's entire family was hours away visiting the Grand Canyon, was there even the slimmest of chances that JSS would hold over the reading of the "verdict" until the family had returned? In an attempted delay tactic? Giving jurors more time to reevaluate whether or not they could each live with their individual votes and maybe one of them might have decided to change from the DP to life?

Then, when the reading of the non-verdict went forward, the delay plan failed so JA's mother stated what she did about her absence - whether she was truly nearby or not. Regardless, if JA's mother was indeed nearby, there was no good reason why she did not attend. JMHO

BBM~ Good thinking! Very well could of been another delay tactic.

I heard someplace, not sure where, that JA mother was not present for the non verdict because of a court mix-up. Not sure if this is true.

Hey guys I commented on this Bill Montgomery article re: the DP but I can't seem to navigate there well w my iPad. It says "continue reading" on my comment but that link takes me nowhere. Can any of you on a real computer tell me if it displays the whole comment? Mines at the top (still not home otherwise I'd do it myself!).

Ps lots of JA comments there too.

http://www.azcentral.com/opinions/articles/20130221death-penalty-properly-used-montgomery.html

Sure can! Great post BTW :rocker:
"
The biggest problem with the death penalty is our collective ambivalence about it. One of my sister's killers remains on death row for 23 yrs now. The other one got off death row after a costly 7 year hearing that disallowed any testimony related to his crime (first degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder- both premeditated and felony murder) to be considered in his re sentencing as this conspirator was deemed "mentally retarded" by one trier of fact. My family's torture by the system began with DP appellate lawyers. No one in my family is attached to an execution but they were/are deserving of the highest punishment according to the law. The only other option in 1990 was life with parole which the man who was proven to have slit her throat now enjoys- thankfully two concurrent life sentences that we had to fight for. What other sentence takes decades to impose re victimizing true victims along the way? I do wonder though if it was abolished to some kind of "life row"- a death row lifestyle for the duration , how those championing for these "worst of the worse" murderers would funnel their energy in to trying to "save" them then. I suspect they'd just rename the cause to the way these murderers are treated in prison.
I say lock them up in a death row situation, remove the TVs, throw away the key and leave grieving families alone to heal. And no this doesn't mean I'm gonna be your poster child death penalty opponents. You already tried that one by ambushing me in my home. It means I'm on the side of victims, not murderers. So you can just stay right over there doing your thing. Away from my family.
"

I heard someplace, not sure where, that JA mother was not present for the non verdict because of a court mix-up. Not sure if this is true.

We were discussing this last night. 3 theories on this one:

1. Jodi did not want her Mom called for the non-verdict verdict.
2. Possible delay tactic by the DT again.
3. Jodi's family was touring the Grand Canyon and the court never bothered waiting for them once the verdict was reached.

Sure can! Great post BTW :rocker:
"
The biggest problem with the death penalty is our collective ambivalence about it. One of my sister's killers remains on death row for 23 yrs now. The other one got off death row after a costly 7 year hearing that disallowed any testimony related to his crime (first degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder- both premeditated and felony murder) to be considered in his re sentencing as this conspirator was deemed "mentally retarded" by one trier of fact. My family's torture by the system began with DP appellate lawyers. No one in my family is attached to an execution but they were/are deserving of the highest punishment according to the law. The only other option in 1990 was life with parole which the man who was proven to have slit her throat now enjoys- thankfully two concurrent life sentences that we had to fight for. What other sentence takes decades to impose re victimizing true victims along the way? I do wonder though if it was abolished to some kind of "life row"- a death row lifestyle for the duration , how those championing for these "worst of the worse" murderers would funnel their energy in to trying to "save" them then. I suspect they'd just rename the cause to the way these murderers are treated in prison.
I say lock them up in a death row situation, remove the TVs, throw away the key and leave grieving families alone to heal. And no this doesn't mean I'm gonna be your poster child death penalty opponents. You already tried that one by ambushing me in my home. It means I'm on the side of victims, not murderers. So you can just stay right over there doing your thing. Away from my family.
"

Thank you for the quick check! I had to do a correction though due to a lack of caffeine when I wrote it. :blushing:

It is consecutive not concurrent...duh.

Hey guys I commented on this Bill Montgomery article re: the DP but I can't seem to navigate there well w my iPad. It says "continue reading" on my comment but that link takes me nowhere. Can any of you on a real computer tell me if it displays the whole comment? Mines at the top (still not home otherwise I'd do it myself!).

http://www.azcentral.com/opinions/articles/20130221death-penalty-properly-used-montgomery.html

It does show the whole comment if you click "more".

I can see your comments.

HEY Katie looks fine to me!

It does show the whole comment if you click "more".

Thank you! On my ipad it says "more" then just a portion then "continue reading" then zip. Thanks for checking! Asked and answered! :seeya:

Thank you for the quick check! I had to do a correction though due to a lack of caffeine when I wrote it. :blushing:

It is consecutive not concurrent...duh.

lol. concurrent, consecutive same thing no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver