SIDEBAR #11- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that all creatures are here because they serve a niche in the eco system. (everybody eats everybody else).

HOWEVER, I do have a rule regarding bugs.....if you come into my space (house)....bad idea in your little bug brain! No way, no how are you welcome in my space. And I will retaliate with lethal force.

Sorry, it's either the cave man in me (or the girl!).

I am so horrible - the ugly ones die (not by my hand) but the "cute" ones (such as ladybugs) can live.

I do make hubby or someone else take them outside or squish them though. I can't do it myself - especially the murder part of it. I feel too guilty.

That is exactly what I got the product by Bayer. Chickens don't survive here. Too many dogs and coyotes. I would love to have some though. jmo

This is my kind of chickens. They're Chinese Silkies, they don't fly and they're fuzzy like rabbits. They have a gene that prevents barbs from developing in their feathers so it feels like fur. If my laptop was up and running, I could post all the colors I raise. They are the BOMB as far as chickens! It's been one of my crazy "adventures" the last 23 years......I know, I go for the "strange" kind of critters!:blushing:
DSCF0003.jpg

buff 002R.jpg

I am so horrible - the ugly ones die (not by my hand) but the "cute" ones (such as ladybugs) can live.

I do make hubby or someone else take them outside or squish them though. I can't do it myself - especially the murder part of it. I feel too guilty.

I cannot hurt a ladybug, or many other harmless bugs. But roaches, scorpions, spiders, I have no mercy if I find them in my house. They are trespassers and subject to extermination. I grew up the "country way" though, and may be considered to be a little "hardened" by some standards. :facepalm:

Yup - a Bug Zoo. Tis very popular with the tourists and a few of us locals :cool:

They have a super long tube that runs throughout the entire space, full of busy leaf cutter ants. And oh my, the roach motel has wee little tables and chairs, beds and rugs. So sweet :floorlaugh:
And they even let you handle many of the special ones, like the stick bugs :fence:

I would get mantid egg sacks, put them in a giant pickle jar until they hatched out. Then it was a mad rush to separate them (they're cannibals :shush: ) into aquariums with dividers. One sack can hatch about 100 itty bitty mantids so I would buy wingless fruitflies to feed them. When they got a little bigger, I (and kids) bred our own fruitflies, crickets etc and watched them grow to adulthood. Of course they didn't all survive but some I put out in the garden - they eat the bad bugs off your plants. I always kept a pair to mate for next season egg sac. So cool!
The female is about 5x the size of the male and she eats him after mating :scared: unless you're there to intervene of course :hiding:

They are very 'smart' and curious. We would take them out and walk them around the house and they would stay with us but when it was time for a feeding, they would fly back to their aquarium and wait patiently for their meal. They always ate the head off crickets first but left the drummies hehe.
(By the way, if you look at crickets with a magnifying glass, they appear to have lips LOL - no joke).

I'll hush myself now before I rave on too long :sigh:

We need to meet!!!!!

No ****. I'll stay here at the beach with my cute little ants.

Are you SURE about that? :floorlaugh:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/01/stingray-photobomb-the-st_n_1928570.html

o-STINGRAY-PHOTOBOMB-570.jpg

:panic:

:thud:

:hills:

Okay, So to whoever posted the Hall and Oates "Hot Fun In the Summer Time"?? I salute you! Soo much fun!:)

I never knew that they did that cover, I used to dream about Darryl back in 1985! Ha! This is a lovely thread back down memory lane... Wish I could be here more often.

Juror No. 6 Diane Schwartz and alternate Juror No. 17 Tara Kelley have both made clear that they neither believed Jodi Arias’ story, nor did they ever see her show any kind of remorse in the brutal murder of her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander. And they both agreed that she should have gotten the death penalty.

But on Monday night, Schwartz and Kelley returned to Dr. Drew On Call. They viewed pieces of video pertaining to the Arias case that they had never seen before, including the interrogation tapes where Arias' father was being questioned. Watch their reactions in the video player below.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/06/03/what-jodi-arias-jurors-never-saw

Thanks for that. These clips just make me depressed. The 4 STRONGLY felt there was emotional and verbal abuse that was on-going and lasted for a long time??? WTF???? Juror 6 says the 4 got these from texts and e-mails...ok what e-mails?? I don't recall any such e-mails. And only ONE text message. AGGHGHHGHGHGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could tell Mark was going crazy too. Can anyone tell me WHAT E-MAILS these are? Please, I feel like I missed a huge part of the case even though I watched every day. I don't remember e-mails from Travis being "abusive." Did the jury somehow have access to extra e-mails not discussed during the trial?

Also, the 4 also got emotional abuse from WHAT JODI SAID, that he was FORCING HER TO HAVE SEX BUT SHE DIDN"T WANT TO, and Juror 6 even pointed out she still liked the sex. FORCING???? WTF?????? Omigosh. FORCING??? I'm thinking these jurors got CMJA's lack of real care for Travis OR for the sex, and mis-interpreted that as Travis forcing her to have sex with him. NO 4 JURORS, IT'S ACTUALLY B/C CMJA IS A PSYCHOPATH WITH NO FEELINGS FOR PEOPLE. TRAVIS WAS JUST AN OBJECT TO HER. THE SEX WAS ALL AN ACT FOR HER TO TRAP TRAVIS. How did they not get this????? Did they not get any of the stuff about, oh you know, HER OBESSION WITH HIM AND HER OBSESSIVE BEHAVIOR? DId they not get that HER WHOLE LIFE IS ONE BIG ACT FOR HER. WHY WOULD THEY EXPECT ANY REAL EMOTION FROM HER???? So this goes to the obvious point that didn't these 4 jurors learn anything about CMJA"S LYING LYING LYING LYING LYING LYING LYING. What part of LYING do they not understand???????? She lied to them about gas cans and everything to do with the murder...I guess they thought, oh that deals with the murder so of course she would lie about that, but why would she lie about the other things? BECAUSE SHE KNEW PEOPLE LIKE YOU WOULD BE ON THE JURY. The 'Abuse" is a DIRECT AND MAJOR PART OF HER WHOLE CASE - SELF=DEFENSE, AS IN SHE KILLED TRAVIS FROM SELF-DEFENSE. Did the 4 juros NOT even get that connection???????????????????????????? So why do they think she wouldn't make all that up to support her "abuse" claim????????????

Also, I like Juror 6 and she tries real hard to defend the 4, which I respect...but she keeps saying "It was their opinion and we have to respect that." There was no "violence" in the jury room, we respected their opinions. Well, just because someone has an opinion doesn't mean it's based on fact. Did the other 8 jurors ever QUESTION them as to the basis IN EVIDENCE of their "opinions." As in, please show me the exhibit number(s). Isn't that what was supposed to be going on in the jury room? If someone says something which I did NOT get from the trial AT ALL, then why would I not question that person as to what evidence r they basing their beliefs on?? I think this was Foreman's fault, who set the tone that everyone should tell their view and that's that. "Repect each other opinion." Well, you can respect and question and deliberate at the same time. It doesn't have to be either agree or disagree and nothing in between. It doesn't seem like any real deliberating even went on in the jury room.

Let's us think the Heavens that we got a M1 conviction, at this point I'm highly surprised by that. I tried to give the 4 jurors the benefit of the doubt, but the more I hear, the....and I should stop now because I am about to go batty.

Bug Zoo...

http://www.bugzoo.com/

scroll to bottom of page for
Check out some bugs right now!
Click here to watch a special video for teachers...
Click here to watch a pair of hard working dung beetles do their thing...
Click here to have a peek at the zoo...

I have a new pet cricket in our new house. He comes out in the kitchen in the evening..he's over there chirping away trying to get noticed. He seems to like the laundry room during the day. What should I name him? Tide?

"Bounce"?:floorlaugh:

[video=youtube;q7YmqBaH2jk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7YmqBaH2jk[/video]

This is my kind of chickens. They're Chinese Silkies, they don't fly and they're fuzzy like rabbits. They have a gene that prevents barbs from developing in their feathers so it feels like fur. If my laptop was up and running, I could post all the colors I raise. They are the BOMB as far as chickens! It's been one of my crazy "adventures" the last 23 years......I know, I go for the "strange" kind of critters!:blushing:
View attachment 34654

View attachment 34655

I do too Bernina. I once had a black silkie. They are beautiful chickens. But, a skunk got it. Then I had a guinea which was my favorite fowl pet. Her name was Myrtle and she would ride on top of the car. She also chased the school bus and one day she lost the race. They are cool pets and good guard birds. I would love to have another, but here again coyotes and dogs.

Nobody new really, and last night's episode was fairly tame. But they are definitely setting the stage for a spicy season... saw the clips for future shows and holy cr#p, they are full on beating the bejesus out of each other (Joe Gorga and Joe Guidice). Teresa is her usual nutball self. And there is going to be some good drama about Melissa... it appears that she may not be as sweet as we think... dun dun dun.... Yep, I'm roped in... like a moth to a flame with this garbage. :floorlaugh:

BTW, I don't watch the other housewives shows, just Jersey. I'm addicted to all things Jersey.

Ha! They all stress me out! I do love NeNe though. I can't stand all of the lies, and nobody owning them when they are caught...

I would definitely watch if they had a WS'er on!! Not only would we have transcripts on every scene to recall, we would also have each of them diagnosed by their individual personality disorder! I would love to watch that! :seeya:

Yes .. whoever you are .. come and play with us :seeya:

I can't help it, my mind works in mysterious ways. Whenever I read those words "come and play with us" it always takes me back to that scene in "The Shining" with the two little girls. Warning: graphic.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMbI7DmLCNI"]Come Play With Us - The Shining (1/5) Movie CLIP (1980) HD - YouTube[/ame]

is this the potato bug..../??

Potato Bug in hand. - YouTube

Those are "Children of God" (Jerusalem Crickets). Sometimes people mistake them for scorpions. The Navajo and Hopi called them "skull insect" / "shiny bug" and they are found in the beginnings of their beliefs (earth people). They are found in Western US and Mexico. The Franciscan priests thought the Indians were talking about the hill where Christ was crucified, lost in translation, etc, and the Indians were saying "Calvary Hill".:facepalm: thus "Jerusalem Cricket":facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leessa29