Not open for further replies.
I am working on quitting to

but so far its not working as I like to smoke when I drink my coffee & beer

I know-neither is good for you-LOL

Dani
Was telling DH hubby about your Manson encounter

He is glad they did not ask you to stay for dinner

and that you & your friend are all right

Oh yeah…I was terrified they might fix us a plate and hand it to us. :gasp: I was trying to think of what excuse I could use. "We just ate." "We're vegans." "We're fasting for a blood glucose test." Thank God they had no manners! :floorlaugh:

Very True!
I had lots of triggers, the worst was when I was driving. Every day at the same stoplight I would reach for the pack! I finally made my self drive a different way to work. :facepalm: I seriously cannot smoke and walk at the same time, so walking really helped! :seeya:

My new goal is to be completely done by 40! :seeya:

ME TOOOOO!!! OMGosh I have all of the places memorized down to the second when I pull out a cigarette. Those are the hardest moments.

I just went and bought a disposable e-cig. I figure that will help when the cravings are really bad and especially when I'm driving past my sister's house. :)

Congratulations to everyone else who has quit! I love hearing success stories!

:seeya: Hello fellow Oregonian. I've smoked for almost 40 years. I've tried the e cigs, but I draw so hard to get the vapor it makes my tongue hurt :floorlaugh: . The only time I've been able to quit was when I had pneumonia in 2004. Course I started right back up as soon as I could :banghead: I honestly have to get sick before I can try to stop. I can find cartons here for $57.00 which just kills me. My friend in Washington pays $10 a pack. I think I'd be smoking lawn clippings at that price. I'd be really happy if we could start a stop smoking thread!

There's one downstairs in The Jury Room!! (although someone has probably already mentioned it. I'm not caught up on my reading yet)

Oh yeah…I was terrified they might fix us a plate and hand it to us. :gasp: I was trying to think of what excuse I could use. "We just ate." "We're vegans." "We're fasting for a blood glucose test." Thank God they had no manners! :floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh:That work well in this situation huh!!!

So whatever came of the court records that were unsealed last week? Are they posted anywhere?

Yeah, that and last Friday KCL said we could expect some sort of 'surprise' around noon that day but I never saw anything else about it. I asked a couple days ago and didn't get an answer.

Yeah, that and last Friday KCL said we could expect some sort of 'surprise' around noon that day but I never saw anything else about it. I asked a couple days ago and didn't get an answer.

The news was there was no deal for Jodi
Bill M decided to go ahead with a new PP

She did not know it was announced the day before

I am working on quitting to

but so far its not working as I like to smoke when I drink my coffee & beer

I know-neither is good for you-LOL

Well I'm certainly not giving up drinking. Hell, life is hard, I need something to look forward to.

There's one downstairs in The Jury Room!! (although someone has probably already mentioned it. I'm not caught up on my reading yet)

Nope. Nobody has mentioned it. Thank you! I just checked and found an E-Cig thread but there are only 15 posts. If you come across an actual "Quitters" thread, would you please post a link? I'll keep searching, though. Thanks again.:seeya:

James Holmes might be crazy, probably is, BUT look what he did, and how much planning went into it. Same with Jodi. Normal people don't do what these two did. But, evil does exist. Both wanted to kill someone, or many, that they didn't even know.
The Bible says, the thief comes to steal, kill and destroy. Peoples loved ones and peace of mind were stolen, many killed and another part of all our lives destroyed. These murderers need to face their punishment, quickly.
Easy to say, Oh they were sick, or crazy, when the real truth is they are EVIL.

James Holmes can receive medication and will be able to discern that what he did was horrific, evil, and inhuman. He will mentally suffer remorse, shock, regret and the inconceivability that HE could have done what he did. With the right meds, he will be devastated by his actions, and mentally, he will suffer far greater then anything a court of law could punish him with. He more than likely was snowballing into Psychosis, a break with normal reality and was suffering from paranoid schizophrenia. His "reality" preceding and during his crime still allowed him to plan, obsessively, towards one goal, unconsciously eliminating all other "normal" activities or responsibilities. James Holmes would have never done what he did had he been diagnosed earlier in life and given treatment.

JA will NEVER believe what she did was wrong. She will NEVER have remorse. She has a combination of personality disorders that will not be affected by medication. The key is "combination". Borderline can be kept "in check" by meds to some degree, but "Anti-Social" (Psychopath) and "Narcissism" can't. If she had been born in different circumstances, she may have become a successful CEO of a Corporation......because she has no empathy or concern about anyone but herself and what she wants. She eliminates or distances herself from everything that will reflect badly on HER. She is never WRONG. She plans but is able to carry on a "normal" life.

James Holmes is "sick" and has the probability of getting better.
JA is "evil", it can't be fixed, that's how she rolls. She will go to her grave demanding how could society do this to HER. How dare they?

There is a huge difference in these individual's "mental disorders", their crimes were both horrific, but James' could have been prevented by early diagnosis and treatment, JA's could NOT.

Well I'm certainly not giving up drinking. Hell, life is hard, I need something to look forward to.

I know what you mean. I hate to think when I wake up in the morning that that's as good as I'm going to feel all day.:blushing:

I want to be a million miles away from my stinkin plumbing problems...

Plus I love this song....

[video=youtube;klX77CEzh1I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klX77CEzh1I[/video]

WHY DOES THIS THREAD TAKE FOREVER TO LOAD??????

It's driving me INSANE!!!!!! :pullhair:

Hopeful,

I had the same problem and found out if was Internet Exployer. Once I started using Moxilla Firefox no problems with not loading or sluggish.

The news was there was no deal for Jodi
Bill M decided to go ahead with a new PP

She did not know it was announced the day before

Aahhh, okay, got it!! I was here Friday but signed off in the afternoon and didn't get on all weekend. Thanks!

:bump: from last thread re: Dani's interaction with Manson :eek: - yep, that Manson!

Today, 06:56 PM
dani

I was afraid of that: :floorlaugh:

So you ask me if I know Charlie Manson? Yeah, I "had dinner" with Charlie Manson.

Here's a link for you KIDS who don't know who Charlie is:

http://www.findadeath.com/Deceased/t...te_murders.htm

Respectfully snipped...

Wow, Dani... thanks for sharing your story. I can only imagine how completely creeped out you were when you heard the news of what happened. Chills.

James Holmes can receive medication and will be able to discern that what he did was horrific, evil, and inhuman. He will mentally suffer remorse, shock, regret and the inconceivability that HE could have done what he did. With the right meds, he will be devastated by his actions, and mentally, he will suffer far greater then anything a court of law could punish him with. He more than likely was snowballing into Psychosis, a break with normal reality and was suffering from paranoid schizophrenia. His "reality" preceding and during his crime still allowed him to plan, obsessively, towards one goal, unconsciously eliminating all other "normal" activities or responsibilities. James Holmes would have never done what he did had he been diagnosed earlier in life and given treatment.

JA will NEVER believe what she did was wrong. She will NEVER have remorse. She has a combination of personality disorders that will not be affected by medication. The key is "combination". Borderline can be kept "in check" by meds to some degree, but "Anti-Social" (Psychopath) and "Narcissism" can't. If she had been born in different circumstances, she may have become a successful CEO of a Corporation......because she has no empathy or concern about anyone but herself and what she wants. She eliminates or distances herself from everything that will reflect badly on HER. She is never WRONG. She plans but is able to carry on a "normal" life.

James Holmes is "sick" and has the probability of getting better.
JA is "evil", it can't be fixed, that's how she rolls. She will go to her grave demanding how could society do this to HER. How dare they?

There is a huge difference in these individual's "mental disorders", their crimes were both horrific, but James' could have been prevented by early diagnosis and treatment, JA's could NOT.

Unless you know him (and his background) personally, I don't know how you can be so sure. What if he gets well, gets out, and kills again. Then who is responsible? I'm not arguing with you, I just see it differently.

travis7.jpg

How stranger’s kindness helped create Travis fund
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/06/05/travis-alexander-legacy-fund-jodi-arias-trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingcampbell97