SIDEBAR #12- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, I don't have anything meaningful to add about feeding them, but I did want to say I was thrilled to see one this year. So many years have gone by without seeing one, but last month there was a dark one flitting over the lawn, that I saw as I was standing in the kitchen doing dishes. Quite a delight! :smile:

I have red yucca, lantana, mandevilla and butterfly weed planted and hummingbirds and butterflies frequent our area pretty often. :)

If the witness on the 911 call re: George Zimmermann trial had gone over there and peeked a look at what was happening, this whole thing would be over! I can understand, of course, why she didn't....but just thinking of the what-if's....

I've always had light sensitive eyes. Over the years, for instance, I have become more and more intolerant of brightly lit restaurants, the lights hurt my eyes and sometimes give me a headache. Every time we go in a restaurant I look around for the darkest table. If we can't find a place with lighting that doesn't bother me, I'll put on my sunglasses. Natural light is good though, in fact, if it's daytime and the restaurant has windows with natural light coming in, the lights don't bother me.

Though I don't get panic attacks from bright lighting, I am rather claustrophobic and sometimes do if I get caught in heavy crowds of people or feel boxed in.

I hate being that way, it makes life harder than it should be. I seriously can't help it though. :facepalm:

none of us can help it, it's ok :) my eyes are light green/blue and very sensitive to everything. i get occular migraines that last for about half an hour but then i assume i'm having a brain anyeurism (im a hypochondriac) or a stroke and I reach for my medicine...it's bad. My old office was the worst, especially when I was pregnant because I just had to suffer through it with tylenol. i also hate big crowds. I have a really nice grocery store near me, and then the cheaper shop rite, the shop rite is always packed and the nice one is always empty. I go to the expensive nice one even though I could be saving tons of money at the Shop Rite, I just can't bring myself to deal with the crowds, i'd rather pay the extra money. I think when my husband gets back from the military he'll be doing the shopping

If the witness on the 911 call re: George Zimmermann trial had gone over there and peeked a look at what was happening, this whole thing would be over! I can understand, of course, why she didn't....but just thinking of the what-if's....

i wish there was a thread to discuss this case. i honestly am completely torn about it, leaning more on the side of zimmerman being innocent, but I know it's a hot button subject. this is one trial I will be watching with an open mind and trying to ignore the TH's. every other trial i already felt so strongly about the defendent being guilty that I couldn't even entertain the other sides defense. this is one case I will be watching with an open mind. I wish we were able to discuss more.

I've always had light sensitive eyes. Over the years, for instance, I have become more and more intolerant of brightly lit restaurants, the lights hurt my eyes and sometimes give me a headache. Every time we go in a restaurant I look around for the darkest table. If we can't find a place with lighting that doesn't bother me, I'll put on my sunglasses. Natural light is good though, in fact, if it's daytime and the restaurant has windows with natural light coming in, the lights don't bother me.

Though I don't get panic attacks from bright lighting, I am rather claustrophobic and sometimes do if I get caught in heavy crowds of people or feel boxed in.

I hate being that way, it makes life harder than it should be. I seriously can't help it though. :facepalm:

I always feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone when I go to the mall. Real spacey .:scared: I didn't realize it could be the lighting; I thought maybe it was the noise???

i wish there was a thread to discuss this case. i honestly am completely torn about it, leaning more on the side of zimmerman being innocent, but I know it's a hot button subject. this is one trial I will be watching with an open mind and trying to ignore the TH's. every other trial i already felt so strongly about the defendent being guilty that I couldn't even entertain the other sides defense. this is one case I will be watching with an open mind. I wish we were able to discuss more.

It makes me wish I could spend the summer in another state - far, far away from Florida.

none of us can help it, it's ok :) my eyes are light green/blue and very sensitive to everything. i get occular migraines that last for about half an hour but then i assume i'm having a brain anyeurism (im a hypochondriac) or a stroke and I reach for my medicine...it's bad. My old office was the worst, especially when I was pregnant because I just had to suffer through it with tylenol. i also hate big crowds. I have a really nice grocery store near me, and then the cheaper shop rite, the shop rite is always packed and the nice one is always empty. I go to the expensive nice one even though I could be saving tons of money at the Shop Rite, I just can't bring myself to deal with the crowds, i'd rather pay the extra money. I think when my husband gets back from the military he'll be doing the shopping

My eyes are light green too, plus I wear contact lenses which creates more light sensitivity as well. I guess I should feel fortunate I don't get migraines though.

How can I post a picture of my dog (in English, please)? Like you're speaking to a 5 yr old.
The picture is on my "Computer" thingy.
Thanks.

I always feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone when I go to the mall. Real spacey .:scared: I didn't realize it could be the lighting; I thought maybe it was the noise???

Very aptly put, for me too. Malls = Twilight Zone and Spacey.

Yes, I'm the same way! I honestly don't have any bias, UNLIKE with CMJA case! LOL! I have no pre-conceptions about what happened b/c I haven't been following the story.

I did hear the 911 tape just now on HLN, and just was thinking that a person is screaming "Help!" and then the gunshot. So would Zimmerman really be that cruel that first he would beat up Trayvon to the point where he's screaming with pain and clearly not a threat at that point, and then shoot him?

I'm gonna be interested in this trial just to see the evidence and how the sides present it.

No! I never did find it in New Orleans, but I only checked the corner stores and drug stores I could walk to from our hotel. I'm back home now in Florida and will check the local grocery stores in the next few days. When I find it I'll report back! I'm sure it's delicious! I wish I could remember who it was here that posted about it the other night!

Last summer Haagen Daz had a Coconut Pineapple flavored ice cream that was to die for! They may still have that flavor and if you like coconut and pineapples- it's yummy and to die for!

I was at the grocery store yesterday, at the expensive ice cream section. I looked at the selection, sighed and muttered "oh darn." The woman next to me said 'what's the matter?" I pointed to the coffee gelato, reg price $4.99 and said "last week this was on sale for $1.99 and I was hoping it still was."

She says "you should have stocked up and bought a lot of them"

then we both looked at each other and started to laugh

"yeah, like there would be any left by now"

september-daily-ink026.jpg

Why don't you start one?

Afternoon WSers.
Can we talk about hummingbirds today?
Has anyone ever used the concentrated nectar for hummingbirds? I broke my old feeder last Fall and bought a new one. The hummers showed up a couple of weeks ago and I felt so bad for them- they were looking for the old feeder. I use to just make the nectar fom water and sugar, but decided to try the concentrate. I don't really know if the hummers like it. I don't know if they are just frightened to see me peeking at them and fly off or they don't like the new nectar.
Any thoughts?

It could be the new feeder???

Doesn't Julia Roberts live over there in Arizona? I think it's so great she wanted to take her kids out of Hollywood. God knows she has enough money...probably has a VERY nice house in the country...But still most people would want more, more, more. I really admire her for that.

Taos, NM....not here that I know of

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Why don't you start one?

Zimmerman is best left up to the mods...since the whole forum got shut down last year. Only they should be starting threads or re opening the forum on this case because of all the ugliness that went on.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

How can I post a picture of my dog (in English, please)? Like you're speaking to a 5 yr old.
The picture is on my "Computer" thingy.
Thanks.

You sound like me! I'm really :scared: of computers and am thankful I can do the little I know how to do! :floorlaugh:

What a week...

Yesterday, the water leak and floor baseboard damage...but that's under control. The insurance company is replacing affected flooring and baseboards. No biggie anymore even though I was a little freaked yeterday.

Today, my mom (who lives with me), passed out in the kitchen and hit her head. (she's okay now by the way, just have to keep an eye on her in the hospital overnight)....

SO at the emergency room she refused to go into the brain scan machine because she has claustrophobia. :banghead: (pardon the smile pun)

Anyhoo, just wondering whether it is permissible to box one's parent's ears.

She is for sure SOOOO grounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member