SIDEBAR #12- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm always so impressed with folks that can keep track of times in different time zones. I'm seriously challenged on that way. I had to set a world clock on my iPhone so I could keep track of the trial. Toss in daylight savings time...I'm even more confused!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:floorlaugh: I'd love to leave you with the illusion that I am one of those "folks", but, alas…I'm NOT. :blushing: I use World Clock on my Mac. I just duplicate it a few times and set each one to the cities where my kids live. I just made another copy with European cities and chose London (no Glasgow offered). Then I compared that to my Portland World Clock. Could have done it on my iPhone, but the clocks are too tiny for these old eyes.

Oh… and I suck at math so I had to count on my fingers to figure out how many hours behind London we are. There. Now you know all my secrets, but don't tell anyone OK?. :seeya:

Super quick my dad learned how to make the fry bread, and I loved it! Great story! I'll get the name of their reservation and let you know!

I know what you mean about the silver tips of the coyotes fur...

When I first moved into my house a well meaning neighbor told me to keep my cats indoors. We have dens upon dens of fox. They aren't aggressive and are almost tame. I've seen several in the day time. Once I was turning the corner in my car and one was standing in the middle of the street. He looked straight at me and just casually strolled off with a squirrel in its mouth. The neighbor told me that a fox even made off with a neighbors Pomeranian.

For about a month I kept seeing a white/ silver fox pass by at about the same time every night. I decided I was going to wait on my porch to get a better look at it. This was a lot larger than a fox, and was sort of lanky like a large German shepherd puppy. So immediately I started a plan to become friends with the puppy, because hey it must be a stray. I would put food out every night. It suddenly vanished and didn't come by, but the food was gone. I pinned it on the raccoons, and forgot about it... Until I was watching something on the news and they showed some coyotes!! I knew immediately that was no puppy! I never believed a fox would bother with the Pomeranian, and I never said anything to my neighbor to change his mind. He never came back, but he was always very graceful and beautiful to watch.:seeya:

We lived in Elbert County, about 15 miles from what used to be unincorporated Aurora, Co, till 2006. One day, our then Rottie puppy was barking in the back, and when I looked out the window, she was running back and forth, just having a great old time.

Upon further exam, I noticed what I thought was another puppy playing with her. We lived on acreage and I knew our 2 neighbors' dogs, but didn't recognize this newcomer. I just assumed it was a new addition that had escaped and come for a visit. I was wrong. Roxie was playing with a young coyote!

It was amazing to watch these two little ones running and barking and chasing each other as though they were raised together! I just let them play. The pup came back a couple of times after that, but soon it disappeared. Well, maybe.

We had coyotes all the time, usually in pairs, but there was this one lone one that visited from time to time. I'll always wonder if that was Roxie's buddy stopping by to check up on its one time friend.

Sorry if this has already been posted.

Evil Woman, Black Sabbath

[video=youtube;ey2zwdErPvQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey2zwdErPvQ[/video]

Oh, man! I LOVED working up on the rez! 4 Corners, Hopi, Navajo, and Zuni tribes. The people are awesome, their culture and traditions.....Amazing place! I had 5 years of transporting and setting up mobile homes all over that area. I have never felt so comfortable or at home in those surroundings. Many times, when we finished up a set, the Medicine Man would come and bless the house. It was such an honor be allowed there for the ceremony. I was the only "girl" on the crew and eventually I ran my own crew, all men.
We were usually doing what we called "Suicide Runs", basically running the new units from the factories in Chandler and Litchfield Park, up to Tuba City, where the main sales lot was, back to back, drive to the home site, drop the unit and start putting it together. We had 2 transporters (running during daylight w/the loads and dead heading it back to the factories) and 3 crews, each crew at a different site. We'd crash out at the site when we got too tired to do anymore, usually under generator powered halogen lights working til 3:00-4:00 in the morning. (Most of the sites didn't have electricity within 20 miles or more) Longest stretch I did w/o a break to go home was 14 days...........my 2 kids met me at the door with the hose and told me to come in the laundry room door, :floorlaugh:
I started putting red dots on all the places we set homes on a map: Kayenta, Kykotsmovi (K-Town), Black Mesa, First, 2nd and 3rd Mesa's, Keam's Canyon, Many Farms, Gray Mountain, Ganado, Mexican Hat, Chinle, St. Micheals, Hotevilla, Lukachukai, Ft. Defiance.......red dots everywhere!
I had an inkling about "shape shifters" as a teenager, Carlos Casteneda's books were a must read. We had an experience one night about 10 miles outside of Shungopovi, we had stopped work and were making our "dinner" on a propane camping stove. (Loved it that the guys would cook!) Patrick was watching the chicken cook and I had some fresh corn rolled up in tin foil, Steve was out collecting the tools that got scattered a bit when the 2nd crew had come and pillaged our service truck. :facepalm:
Then, there was these eyes, caught by our propane camp lights....fiery gold, just staring down at Steve's backside, not more than 20 feet away. Like, WTF? We're a good 5 miles from any dwelling and there weren't any sheep on the mesa.
Peeps, never go out in the boonies without a firearm, or 2, take a memo if you need to...
In a matter of less than 45 seconds, I'm eating Patrick's dust as he hauled a$$ to the service truck to get his 9mm, and trying to whisper "hey, DUDE" to get Steve's attention, Steve straightens up and out of the darkness slinks the biggest, growling coyote any of us had ever seen, teeth bared, BIG yellow fangs, and it drops down in a crouch....you could just see it's fur ripple as it was tightening it's haunches to spring forward, it's coat was just weird, like the tips had been dipped in silver highlights and each hair was it's own living organism...........no, folks, my usage of illicit substances had been over for a good 5 years, this was no flashback........and Patrick took his shot.
There was this scream, not a howl, or yelp, this blood curdling scream, not quite human, definitely NOT coyote, and it was gone. We found a faint blood trail, but nothing that was significant, and NO WAY were we going to follow anything THAT big, in the dark, wounded and pi$$ed off to no end. Needless to say, we did NOT sleep under the stars that night, no, we hunkered down in the double wide with the doors locked and windows latched tight....
Next morning, finished the shingles on the ridge line and we pack up, drive the 10 miles back into Shungopovi, and stop at a little store to grab some Sun Chips and beef jerky (Breakfast of Champions). One of the Rez police was talking to the store owner.........
One of the locals who lived about 5 miles out had to be taken to Tuba City and on into Flagstaff. Somehow he had gotten himself shot in the shoulder the night before and the Flagstaff Medical Center had removed a 9mm slug. The store owner laughed and said something about it could have been the man's wife, but they hadn't ever come in to buy 9mm ammo.
And I will never forget this. The rez police said "He was probably just out stealing chickens again and got caught in someone's crosshairs. Doubt he'll be using all fours for a while" And then he winked at the store owner and they both had a huge belly laugh.
Steve dropped the Sun Chips, my hands were frozen trying to get cash out of my wallet, Patrick could have been knocked over with a feather, all 6'2 of him...and I'll bet we turned into the whitest white folk these 2 had ever seen.
:hiding:
Did I mention that they have the best damn mutton on fry bread up there?

That's the experience of why I have a different respect for coyotes........:eek:fftobed:

Are you talking about Skinwalkers here?

We lived in Elbert County, about 15 miles from what used to be unincorporated Aurora, Co, till 2006. One day, our then Rottie puppy was barking in the back, and when I looked out the window, she was running back and forth, just having a great old time.

Upon further exam, I noticed what I thought was another puppy playing with her. We lived on acreage and I knew our 2 neighbors' dogs, but didn't recognize this newcomer. I just assumed it was a new addition that had escaped and come for a visit. I was wrong. Roxie was playing with a young coyote!

It was amazing to watch these two little ones running and barking and chasing each other as though they were raised together! I just let them play. The pup came back a couple of times after that, but soon it disappeared. Well, maybe.

We had coyotes all the time, usually in pairs, but there was this one lone one that visited from time to time. I'll always wonder if that was Roxie's buddy stopping by to check up on its one time friend.

They are pretty adorable. I had already named mine keyser soze, and we were going to take classes to learn German attack commands! He was the best dog I never had!:floorlaugh:

god i am not up at the time :floorlaugh: hopefully i'll be able to find it somewhere online :sigh:

Nancy Grace repeats 5 hours later here. So that should be 2:00 pm for you. Will M'lady be up and about by then? :floorlaugh:

if i'm remembering correctly (trying to find where I read this)...Dr. Demarte found a lot more in Jodi's psych eval that was not allowed to be brought out at trial because it was deemed too prejudicial. I wonder if it was anti-social personality disorder/ Jodi is a psychopath

Hi MM :seeya: Kyle had blood and platelet transfusions yesterday afternoon into the night. He also has been getting a shot every day to bring up his White blood count.
The Dr. came in earlier and said his counts were coming up, but slowly. Today is the only day he hasn't ran a fever, I am grateful for that. They are also going to try carafate for the sores in his mouth and down his throat. He has GOT to start eating and drinking.....I certainly don't want to see him have to get a feeding tube.

This floor is definitely heartbreaking. There is a baby, she looks about 13 months old, and she has cancer and Down's Syndrome. She's the sweetest little thing.

Rosemary,
Thanks for the update. Kyle is in my prayers. And so are all the children in hospitals everywhere suffering from this horrible disease. My grandson was in the hospital with E-coli when he was three with kidney failure. The whole wing next to his were cancer patients. They fought so bravely and my heart was with every one of them. I know for those who are healed here and for those who go on, they are Gods angels and are always with Him.

Unlike the likes of JA, who not only misused the life God gave to her, but slaughtered another life as well, and then systematically destroyed lives of all she comes in contact with.

To me, every child like Kyle is a true hero. God bless you and your famiy.

No, I never lived in Simi Valley but my mother may have well since she spent so much time there. I grew up in the San Fernando valley in Sepulveda. My sister and brother still live there but I moved to Oregon in 1981.
I do believe in angels and I feel that I have a guardian angel. One time I was driving on the Hollywood freeway and all of the sudden a car in front of me spun out of control and turned around and was heading straight at me. I was terrified and frozen but I felt something take my steering well and deftly turn it perfectly into the next lane to avoid a head on collision. There was no doubt it wasn't me because I could not move. I pulled off the side of the freeway just shaking but certain in the knowledge that I had been protected. I could tell you many stories like that in my life.

Yes. that IS God.

Hi, weirdos!!

Day Two of no smoking in honor of Travis!!! :woot:

if i'm remembering correctly (trying to find where I read this)...Dr. Demarte found a lot more in Jodi's psych eval that was not allowed to be brought out at trial because it was deemed too prejudicial. I wonder if it was anti-social personality disorder/ Jodi is a psychopath

Oooh I'd love to read more on that!! I hope you can find a link or sumpin!!

[/B]

bbm

Don't think they're being ignorant - I think they're trying to conveniently now "accept" DeMarte's diagnosis since it suits their case now for mitigation. Very sneaky. I think we should be ready for Version 6.0 "Mental Illness" in the next round.

They denied it earlier b/c it didn't fit in with their bogus self-defense...since they were trying to push PTSD at that time. Well, they can't really use PTSD for mitigation purposes...suits them more now to use BPD to try to show she's crazy and doesn't know what she's doing.

If they do that - can't Juan use THEIR OWN WORDS from the previous trial, since that was under oath? I'm sure there is even a sentence in there where JW says, "That's not BPD, that's PTSD." I cannot believe they are now gonna do a 180 and now go against what they said during trial - isn't there some law against that or something??? Doens't that mean they were intentionally LYING during the last trial, when they were trying to say DeMarte was WRONG?? Ugh, I'm really starting to DISLIKE CMJA"s attorneys -don't know if this is their idea or CMJA's.

Juan needs to get ready for this version - needs to EXPLAIN to the jury that BPD is not a mentall illness, just like you said. Don't confuse them, just explain it very clearly. Explain the differences. I really don't know what Juan's strategy could be, because if he tries to talk too much about it, then the BPD thing might stick with a few jurors. So I really don't know what he'll do. IMO, he can't totally ignore it, though.

Juan should - if he can - come out with all the lies and stalking and videos that was never used in the penalty phase with background music of "Hit Me With Your Best Shot".

Yes, I also believe CMJA wouldn't let them use the mental card. It could have played out way better than what CMJA came up with. you're right about CMJA not wanting to admit her weaknesses....I totally agree. Also, she wanted to appear like the "normal one" to contrast with Travis' supposed "craziness." AND....she thought if she pretended to be normal, the jury would think she didn't do it (the stabbing)??? I really think sometimes she thought the jury would forget about the stabbing, maybe in the "fog" too.

Interesting, so you think CMJA didn't sign off on this media ploy? That is very interesting, I didn't think of that. But is her defense allowed to do that? I mean, can they put out media things without checking it with her first (by law, I mean)?

I think that CMJA tossed her aversion to the mental card aside after the jury found her guilty of M1. I don't know...they already found her guilty, so what use is it to her now? Now it suits her case. And remember JW put it into her closing in mitigation...she told the jury that you can find BPD as a mitigating factor, too. And some people on here caught that she only put it in closing so Juan couldn't rebut her on it! But now they know it's a new jury who hasn't heard all of their shpeal before. I think CMJA is signing off on all of this now.

I truly believe this was a ploy by Nurmi and Wilmott to try to intimidate Juan into offering a life sentence. JW and KN desperately want off this case and nothing more to do with CMJA. I am thinking this press release was of their own making.

Hi, weirdos!!

Hi, HO! :floorlaugh:

Proud of you! I would have joined you yesterday, but I have 3 1/2 packs left out of my last carton. I will have to finish them off before I can quit. There's no way I can quit knowing they are in the cupboard. That would be like trying to start a diet with 1/2 a pizza sitting in the fridge. :gasp: And at $6 a pack, I'm too cheap to toss them or give them away.:blushing:

This was posted on the St vs Jodi Arias page. I sure hope the Alexanders find peace soon. It has been a long time coming.

A message from Tanisha, Travis' sister:

Today it has been 5 years since my sweet brother was taken out of this life and our hearts are crushed and sadden by the horrible reminder of this day. Although the pain is still as fresh as it was 5 years ago , at least we know that Justice is near and we will soon have some closure.

I miss and love Travy so very much! I hope someday not to be haunted with the anger I have inside of me for the one who has caused my family to hurt like this . I know Travis doesn't feel anymore pain and he is with Our Heavenly Father and Our Savior Jesus Christ. I just can't get out of my mind what he was thinking and how scared he must of been on that horrible night.

Travis will never be forgotten and his memories will never fade, and look at all these people who he still touches and inspires today.
Together we will stand united as we seek Justice for Travis!

Our hearts are filled with great gratitude for the out pouring of support we have gotten from around the world. We feel the love in all the cards, donations, gifts, the sweet comments and messages thru this page and other pages. We know you will continue to support us as we endure thru this nightmare and until we have Justice. We will continue to love all of you for brightening up these dark days.

Travis and his Legacy Lives on and I can see it in all of you as you reach out with kindness.

Amen Tanisha. Amen.

Hi, weirdos!!

Congratulations!! I had to reply because I just bought the patch last week and was determined to start this past Monday. Well my 14 month old fell and needed stitches and I ended up having my 2 older kids home from school sick..but never too sick to fight!! My nerves were shot by 12 o'clock and I thought if I try to start today I'm going to jump off the roof lol.

So I've picked tommorow to start when things will be back to normal--well as normal as it ever gets around here!

Did you go cold turkey or are you using the patch? I decided to try the patch because it worked each time I had to quit while pregnant. (if only I'd stayed quit when the baby was born!!) just wanted to send you lots of positive vibes and if you've done this before you know that after the first week it gets lots better. Remember to reward yourself! I plan on spending the money I usually spend on smokes (70-80 bucks a week!! Argh!) on something for myself. Clothes, a manicure and much needed pedicure, hair done (I look like cousin IT, I think that'll be my first reward)

Stay strong and again Congrats!! Only a fellow smoker knows how long 2 days is to not smoke, it's huge!! :) Btw, there's a really cool site that tracks how much you've saved by quitting and shows the health benefits after the first hours, days weeks etc. of not smoking. I'll try and find it for you. I'm going tonight to stock up on (mostly) healthy snacks to keep busy. Sunflower seeds were my thing last time. My tongue went numb from all the salt tho! Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024