SIDEBAR #12- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I guess we know now how long it takes to get unsealed docs from the courthouse .. if I was in Arizona I'd be going down there and getting a hold of them myself .. wonder if anyone else made an application? Let's hope so.

Hopefully, David Lohr will get a hold of them and post them for us.

Then others can copy them and not give him credit. :facepalm:

Congratulations on pursuing your dreams.

Can I ask a question. If you dont want to answer, that is fine because you dont owe any answers to anyone of course.

I've just always wondered how Nuns and even Buddhist Monks can help the non-believers and other people with their salvation when they have to live in a covenant or church type setting where they dont get out much. Forgive me if I have it all wrong, but my impression has always been that Nuns are kind of stuck in a certain setting where they dont get to get out much. So i have always wondered how they can make a difference for other people who could truly use their help in talking about the "word" and their salvation.

Again, please dont answer if you dont want to. I have always just been real curious about this and was always too scared to ask anyone who is close to that group.

By the way, I consider myself "saved" and I am so glad the gift of the Holy Spirit has entered my life. I commend you for your current goal even if you find you may choose otherwise. It is great to hear from someone thinking about making such a choice with their lives.

There are all kinds of nuns. Some are the "working" nuns who teach, nurse, etc. and there are the nuns who pray for the world, sort of like "contemplative"- like monks. All live in convents and still can be visited if people need help in their life. You just have to seek them out. It's not so hard. People can always visit priests for help, also. They are all the to help with everything, not just religous things. We are here to serve everyone, whatever it is.
"Saved"- I don't really like that word. It's just a word. If you believe, even like "a grain of sand", it's enough.

My father never wanted me to become a nun (I wanted to be one since I was 12 yrs old). He said he didn't want his daughter begging on the streets- he was a tough old Italian man--:floorlaugh:

ITA OBE, but I also think it might be a blessing that they don't know everything. They know enough....that she killed him....and that he suffered terribly. I can understand if they do have a need to know everything, but I also think that they have been traumatized enough already, and it could do more harm than good for them now. She needs to shut up and go away now, so I hope a resolution comes soon for their sake.

I want her to get the DP, but if the first jury wasn't able to come to consensus on it, I hate for them to have to go through another trial. And we all know that the DT will make absolutely sure it drags out as long as possible. I don't want to hear from her or her despicable attorneys anymore, and the Alexander family doesn't need to hear from them anymore either. Bye, bye Jodi.....despite your spin about your "scramble" and your "fog" nobody bought it. Do us all a big favor now and just STFU.

Great Post.

I too just want her to go away one way or another.

This is why I am so upset with the jury because they did not do their job at the end and just passed the buck.

They passed the buck to either another jury or the judge.

Here is the way I look at it now.
The Defense will never accept a deal for LWOP, so the DA either has to spend a ton more money to try this again or give them a deal for Life with chance of parole or whataver AZ calls it when they get a chance to get out.

Since tons of money has already been spent, the DA office will be definitely considering a deal for Life. As much as the family and Juan want to try this case again, there is a very real possiblity the deal for life may be given to JA.

I hope the DA retries it, but I have huge concerns about whether the DA will want to spend any more money at this point.

There are all kinds of nuns. Some are the "working" nuns who teach, nurse, etc. and there are the nuns who pray for the world, sort of like "contemplative"- like monks. All live in convents and still can be visited if people need help in their life. You just have to seek them out. It's not so hard. People can always visit priests for help, also. They are all the to help with everything, not just religous things. We are here to serve everyone, whatever it is.
"Saved"- I don't really like that word. It's just a word. If you believe, even like "a grain of salt", it's enough.

My father never wanted me to become a nun (I wanted to be one since I was 12 yrs old). He said he didn't want his daughter begging on the streets- he was a tough old Italian man--:floorlaugh:

Thank you so much for explaining. I knew I had it wrong thinking they were locked up. :floorlaugh:

Transcripts of jury questions unsealed: http://www.azcentral.com/community/...ial-transcripts-juror-questions-unsealed.html no list yet though .. want the full list .. anybody?

More Michael Kiefer using his platform to spew his vitriol at Juan Martinez.

Interesting he makes this remark:

But the information is beginning to leak out. Stephens has released the text of the questions the jurors asked as they came to an impasse on whether Arias should be sentenced to death.
On May 30, Stephens ordered that much of the secret conversations be released to the public as well. Court staff are working on making them available. Stephens, however, is still sitting on perhaps the most controversial material by keeping the seal on sidebars or closed-door hearings where witnesses or jurors were present. Those hearings contain details of the death threats against witnesses and attorneys, and what the judge did or didn’t do about them. They contain details about why three jurors were dismissed.

Yeah well some of us have not forgotten that it was Michael Kiefer who PUBLISHED one of those questions the day it was asked and who identified the foreperson at the same time. Then wittled it down to first removing the foreperson's name from his PUBLISHED ARTICLE, to removing the question all together. If his reporting was on the up and up, why keep up the submarine style editing Kiefer? Huh?

Nothing he reports is to be trusted. I'd like to see those questions just reported verbatim without his editorial spin. But of course he just can't help himself.

YESorNO, you're right - such a waste! I am cheering you on in your dreams, you are such a great lady.

Here's something for you that has all the elements you enjoy - long-haired rockers and flat, bare chests...

Collective Soul - Breathe (Video) - YouTube

Thanks, Viv (love those men- :floorlaugh:)

(This board is getting slow again to load-:stormingmad:)

More Michael Kiefer using his platform to spew his vitriol at Juan Martinez.

Interesting he makes this remark:

But the information is beginning to leak out. Stephens has released the text of the questions the jurors asked as they came to an impasse on whether Arias should be sentenced to death.
On May 30, Stephens ordered that much of the secret conversations be released to the public as well. Court staff are working on making them available. Stephens, however, is still sitting on perhaps the most controversial material by keeping the seal on sidebars or closed-door hearings where witnesses or jurors were present. Those hearings contain details of the death threats against witnesses and attorneys, and what the judge did or didn’t do about them. They contain details about why three jurors were dismissed.

Yeah well some of us have not forgotten that it was Michael Kiefer who PUBLISHED one of those questions the day it was asked and who identified the foreperson at the same time. Then wittled it down to first removing the foreperson's name from his PUBLISHED ARTICLE, to removing the question all together. If his reporting was on the up and up, why keep up the submarine style editing Kiefer? Huh?

Nothing he reports is to be trusted. I'd like to see those questions just reported verbatim without his editorial spin. But of course he just can't help himself.

Love it .. and don't you just love how he words things, he knows full well JSS wont release the rest of the transcripts until this trial is well and truly over. Kiefer will NOT LIKE what those in chambers discussions reveal in my opinion .. I'm still loving the verdict reached article that was pre written and accidently posted on the AzCentral news page .. I wonder if I kept a copy of that somewhere ..

ETA: Oops .. looks like I did!

Not a nun yet- only in the beginning state right now. The order is still discerning if I (and God) is calling me to this religious life. I am 63 yrs old and still have my younger son with me- he's leaving in the Spring. I'll have to get rid of all my worldly goods (and smoking), but I have been thinking of this for years now. The worldly goods don't bother me- it's just stuff. I really want to make some kind of difference in the time I have left in this world. My family has had a hard time about this decision of mine, but I really want it. I won't be giving them up, just adding more meaningful things to my life (you never lose your family). It's harder for an older woman to enter a convent- they really would like younger woman. It's been a hard climb.
Here's the order, if you're interested:
http://www.holymyrrhbearers.com/aboutus.html

Just because you are a nun doesn't mean you can't remember what it is to be a woman, you know.
I didn't want to say anything before because I didn't want anyone to think they had to be "different" with me.
And I don't believe in the DP, unfortunatly.

Good luck with your journey, YesorNo! Thank you for sharing with us and being so real :)

I too do not believe in the DP. Just like everybody else, I have my own personal reasons. I recently was in DC and visited the Crime and Punishment Museum there (really interesting place!), and they had a room dedicated to the death penalty. They had some real equipment and some replica equipment for all of the various ways throughout time that people were put to death. I found myself frozen in the middle of that room and a feeling of total sadness washed over me pretty strongly. Death is sad. No matter how it comes, it's terribly sad. But in that moment I was also so very thankful for my humanity and compassion, and the ability to feel. It is a gift. One of the best gifts we have here on this earth. JA will never experience it like we do.

Many years ago when posed with my thoughts about the death penalty, I decided that God should be the only person to make that decision.
And I've felt that way most of my life. I will admit though in recent years, I have struggled with this. As I have lived and aged a few years, and witnessed savage, tragic, senseless acts and events, I have found myself wondering if maybe some do deserve to die. I have wished death upon evil murders. I have wanted them removed from this earth so we can all get back to peace, and sometimes just wanted it out of revenge.

But then something always brings me back to my core and I'm reminded why I made that choice years ago. Why I choose life over death. Standing in that room in the museum in DC, I didn't even need to consider it for a moment. I felt what I knew I believed in my heart. I'm thankful for moments of clarity like that.

I've never shared these thoughts on this board before, as I was a little scared as to how it would be received. This is humbly my own personal experience and belief only.

I absolutely respect others' beliefs on this topic, as they have every right to live their own journeys and decide what's right for them. I completely understand why people, especially families of victims, want the death penalty. I hope that the Alexander family gets the jury that can provide the punishment that they see fit.

I do very much like the idea that many have posed about "life row", where violent criminals are put away in to confined conditions for the remainder of their life, to prevent anybody else from ever being hurt. Even though I don't believe in the DP, doesn't mean that I am soft on crime. I have no problems whatsoever with people who murder, rape or hurt children being locked away for the rest of their days.

Thank you for listening :seeya:

Great Post.

I too just want her to go away one way or another.

This is why I am so upset with the jury because they did not do their job at the end and just passed the buck.

They passed the buck to either another jury or the judge.

Here is the way I look at it now.
The Defense will never accept a deal for LWOP, so the DA either has to spend a ton more money to try this again or give them a deal for Life with chance of parole or whataver AZ calls it when they get a chance to get out.

Since tons of money has already been spent, the DA office will be definitely considering a deal for Life. As much as the family and Juan want to try this case again, there is a very real possiblity the deal for life may be given to JA.

I hope the DA retries it, but I have huge concerns about whether the DA will want to spend any more money at this point.

It won't be that much more money since the most expensive part is over. Retrying the penalty phase will cost significantly less than if there had been a hung jury during the criminal trial. It will not take nearly as long....it should take as long as the average criminal trial-3 weeks or less.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Not a nun yet- only in the beginning state right now. The order is still discerning if I (and God) is calling me to this religious life. I am 63 yrs old and still have my younger son with me- he's leaving in the Spring. I'll have to get rid of all my worldly goods (and smoking), but I have been thinking of this for years now. The worldly goods don't bother me- it's just stuff. I really want to make some kind of difference in the time I have left in this world. My family has had a hard time about this decision of mine, but I really want it. I won't be giving them up, just adding more meaningful things to my life (you never lose your family). It's harder for an older woman to enter a convent- they really would like younger woman. It's been a hard climb.
Here's the order, if you're interested:
http://www.holymyrrhbearers.com/aboutus.html

Just because you are a nun doesn't mean you can't remember what it is to be a woman, you know.
I didn't want to say anything before because I didn't want anyone to think they had to be "different" with me.
And I don't believe in the DP, unfortunatly.

What branch of the Catholic Church is that y/n? Beautiful vestments. God calls everyone in his own time, not ours. It takes a long time to discern where He wants us sometimes. For now, He's put me here taking care of Mom. And I know it's very difficult to find orders that will take us older women, but they are there. You sound like you've been pondering this for a long time. If He's calling ya, He'll get you. It took me 5 years of hearing Him call before I converted to the Catholic Church. I'd never go back.....Grace be upon you.

Yes jodi arias you can get pulled over in any color car!...even on a test drive!:blushing:

Today I went to look at a car, and the dealer was telling me how to use the paddle shift and I wasn't really aware how fast we were going... The cop was very nice even a touch handsome but that's mostly because I just got a warning!:seeya:

Love it .. and don't you just love how he words things, he knows full well JSS wont release the rest of the transcripts until this trial is well and truly over. Kiefer will NOT LIKE what those in chambers discussions reveal in my opinion .. I'm still loving the verdict reached article that was pre written and accidently posted on the AzCentral news page .. I wonder if I kept a copy of that somewhere ..

ETA: Oops .. looks like I did!

You got that right. I don't think he will like how HE might be mentioned for his unethical journalism in reporting sensitive information about a witness (cough Alyce LaViolette cough) while she was still testifying.

It's my opinion that he escalated when *his* Murder Two conviction he was counting on didn't come in so he's gonna milk his opportunity to mess with his nemesis Juan Martinez as long and as hard as he can. Whatever he's doing, it's not journalism anymore.

He sure does love all his whiny "death threats" refrain doesn't he? If I could request a new song by jayarohh it would have these "death threats" as the droning on and on refrain.

I just can't get over his reporting that Juan Martinez exited the front of the courthouse daily to throngs of adoring fans signing autographs and posing for pictures and Nurmi and Co had to exit thru a side door with security. COMPLETELY FALSE. Two days after that bogus article was reposted in USA Today, I was standing at the media trucks and here comes Nurmi and DeLaRosa waltzing right past the MEDIA with, obviously, no security. I walked out of those front doors many many days right behind the defense team, never, not once seen with "security" and never not once saw Martinez EVER walk out those doors --his office is in an adjacent building where you take a skywalk to get to. He walked that way every day after court except that ONE day for about 10 min that was reported in a completely embellished and skewed way that it was a regular occurence. Even when the reporter he walked out that door to give some video to explained it, Kiefer still stuck to his entirely false reporting. All to stick it to Martinez.

But then when Nurmi starts arguing that BS in open court...that's when I started having a serious problem with his being used by the defense team in that way. And of course that only got worse as the trial went on.

I do very much like the idea that many have posed about "life row", where violent criminals are put away in to confined conditions for the remainder of their life, to prevent anybody else from ever being hurt. Even though I don't believe in the DP, doesn't mean that I am soft on crime. I have no problems whatsoever with people who murder, rape or hurt children being locked away for the rest of their days.

Thank you for listening :seeya:

This already exists.....its LWOP. The worst ones are sent to maximum security facilities where things are strictly regulated and privileges are hard to come by, depending on their conduct in prison.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members