SIDEBAR #12- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikesy forgot my song!:seeya:

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W7dkn1ZnIPk"]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W7dkn1ZnIPk[/ame]

You got that right. I don't think he will like how HE might be mentioned for his unethical journalism in reporting sensitive information about a witness (cough Alyce LaViolette cough) while she was still testifying.

It's my opinion that he escalated when *his* Murder Two conviction he was counting on didn't come in so he's gonna milk his opportunity to mess with his nemesis Juan Martinez as long and as hard as he can. Whatever he's doing, it's not journalism anymore.

He's advocating against the DP IMO .. and grinding a personal axe.

Never heard of Peter and Gordon, but I definitely remember the Dave Clark Five. I love it! It takes me back to my childhood and a lot of great memories. I don't care what anyone says, growing up in the 60's, 70's rocked.

"Never heard of Peter and Gordoon"??? I have to say I was in LOVE with Peter as a teenager! He had that beautiful red hair (his sister was Jane Asher and engaged to Paul McCartney). I saw them in Cleveland in 1966 and again a few years ago at a reunion show. Gordon, unfortunately passed away soon after. Good memories!

Thank you so much for explaining. I knew I had it wrong thinking they were locked up. :floorlaugh:

:jail: :jail: :jail: :jail: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

He's advocating against the DP IMO .. and grinding a personal axe.

It is so hard to find good objective reporting anymore....I don't trust a lot of media. Beth Karas, though , does it effortlessly. I wish more would report stated facts like her, without throwing in their own personal bias.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

This one goes out to neesaki :floorlaugh:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv-34w8kGPM"]Divinyls - I Touch Myself - YouTube[/ame]

A grain of salt? Is that the same as a mustard seed? (I'm not buying your "stuff" right now ... just sayin')

Is your opposition purely semantic or grounded in a more subjective objection?

Ok. Just saw the previews for the lifetime movie.I don't know..something bothers me about them doing a movie so quickly...makes me feel very bad for the families and friends of Travis ...sometimes the media makes me :banghead::banghead::banghead:
What does everyone else think??

Great Post.

I too just want her to go away one way or another.

This is why I am so upset with the jury because they did not do their job at the end and just passed the buck.

They passed the buck to either another jury or the judge.

Here is the way I look at it now.
The Defense will never accept a deal for LWOP, so the DA either has to spend a ton more money to try this again or give them a deal for Life with chance of parole or whataver AZ calls it when they get a chance to get out.

Since tons of money has already been spent, the DA office will be definitely considering a deal for Life. As much as the family and Juan want to try this case again, there is a very real possiblity the deal for life may be given to JA.

I hope the DA retries it, but I have huge concerns about whether the DA will want to spend any more money at this point.

No chance she'll get any kind of "parole" deal now though. AZ does not allow for Life With Parole with a murder one conviction. Only those who were convicted prior to 1994 have that chance. They changed the laws. The only way she will get out now is with a LWP, and "early release" in 25 years. And that early release can only come from the Governor. Not happening for her IMO. She will never walk out of prison. Ever.

It is so hard to find good objective reporting anymore....I don't trust a lot of media. Beth Karas, though , does it effortlessly. I wish more would report stated facts like her, without throwing in their own personal bias.

No kidding! And she's not even trained as a journalist really (meaning she didn't get her degree in it).

It's one thing to have a show a la say Nancy Grace that obviously displays a bias. Another (to me) altogether when my local newspaper reporter is supposed to be sitting in a courtroom (or any locale) reporting facts of a case and not only is making stuff up completely, skewing things with bias consistently but appears to be also assisting one side of the case to try their case in the media. While they are arguing for a mistrial, inaccurately, that the other side is trying the case in the media! It's mind boggling!

It really is such a disgusting misuse of his profession. How do his superiors let him get away with it? Has he ever been reprimanded?

Well he's deleting info from his published articles online for a reason.

No chance she'll get any kind of "parole" deal now though. AZ does not allow for Life With Parole with a murder one conviction. Only those who were convicted prior to 1994 have that chance. They changed the laws. The only way she will get out now is with a LWP, and "early release" in 25 years. And that early release can only come from the Governor. Not happening for her IMO. She will never walk out of prison. Ever.

So there is Life without Parole and "Natural Life" ...which is the one which could be pardoned by the Governor?

I agree with your theory, Hatfield. All I hear with a lot of those death metal bands are mostly power chords, galloping (fast up and down strumming) and grunting - blech! There's also new technology out there now that can make artists sound and seem more talented than what they really are - things like Pro-Tools for instance. :drumroll: Music is a big part of my life, and I count my lucky stars every day that I grew up during the time that I did. I appreciate most types of music even though I love rock and roll the most, but today's music just doesn't send me at all. There is a lot of garbage out there.

I think you mentioned you carry around your CDs. I'm embarrased to say that I carry around my Casettes. :floorlaugh:

I have about 40 Maxcel UDXL-II 90 minute Casettes that I taped myself from the 70s of all my favorite songs that were playing at the time. I have some really great music on those casettes and I guard them with my life. LMAO

I literally played disc jockey and had a really nice tape recorder ready to "unpause" it just at the right moment when one of my favorate rock bands would come on the radio. I've got some truly classic music on those cassetes. And the funny thing is I even got some funny introductions from the real disc jockeys that said some things that are so funny to listen to.

Like on one part, the guy goes....."And here is a NEW song from Ted Nugent about a Cat". Of course, it is the classic "Cat Scratch Fever" :floorlaugh:

I also have a great concert Ticket Stub collection that is truly funny. I kept all my stubs from my concert days of the 70s and some are humerous. Like my stub that shows I paid a whole bank breaking $7.00 to see "ELO" Electric Light Orchestra. It still cracks me up that one.

The worst part is I now have to listen to them in my home and no longer the car because cars dont have cassetes anymore. I did transfer some over to CD, but most are still limited to my casset. Ive got a cassete player hooked up to my home stereo that I use all the time.

I LOVE Donovan! I was all of eight years old when this song came out, but I remember it fondly. It was one of my favorites. Here's one for you...

Donovan - Season Of The Witch - YouTube

Thanks VivianVance. You have great taste in music :rockon:.

You might want to reconsider your love for Donovan in the Jodi arias trial thread. lol

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, Viv (love those men- :floorlaugh:)

(This board is getting slow again to load-:stormingmad:)

For those having trouble with the board loading slow, try deleting your internet history and cookies (just go to tools, internet options and you'll find that option). I did that and the pages are loading just fine for me now.

HTH! :seeya:

There are all kinds of nuns. Some are the "working" nuns who teach, nurse, etc. and there are the nuns who pray for the world, sort of like "contemplative"- like monks. All live in convents and still can be visited if people need help in their life. You just have to seek them out. It's not so hard. People can always visit priests for help, also. They are all the to help with everything, not just religous things. We are here to serve everyone, whatever it is.
"Saved"- I don't really like that word. It's just a word. If you believe, even like "a grain of salt", it's enough.

My father never wanted me to become a nun (I wanted to be one since I was 12 yrs old). He said he didn't want his daughter begging on the streets- he was a tough old Italian man--:floorlaugh:

My grandmother had two cousins who were nuns. One taught Music at Mount Saint Mary's in LA. She wore normal clothes and was a lovely woman. And even though she was a nun she remained very active in our family. She dedicated her life to God but we loved that she still carved out a portion of her life for us too.

I would even prefer their own educated honest opinions. I hate when they take on a "role"

That's why I love Mark Eiglarsh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members