SIDEBAR #13- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It can be a scary world.
After Bundy, my mother started buying every true crime book she could get her hands on and handed them out to all her daughters and granddaughters. She hoped we'd learn to trust our own intuition about things that seem "off" about people we encounter.

It's a fine line, though. My husband was out of town when a local woman (Cheryl Dunlap, killed by Gary Hilton) disappeared and my sisters kept calling me and telling me not to leave the house, go to Target, go to the grocery store, go anywhere.
But I couldn't cut myself out of the world, you know? So I kept doing my usual things but with a sharper sense of awareness.

But I was scared to death for a few months when a serial killer was jumping off trains and killing nearby residents. I live pretty close to the railroad tracks and my husband was gone three nights a week. I was so relieved when they made an arrest in that case. I've always loved the train whistle, but I hated it then.

You have to be so careful!

In college, I was home sick one afternoon and someone knocked on my apartment door. Without moving the curtain I looked through the crack and saw this guy I'd never seen before. I said, "Who is it?"

He said, "I'm from the Behind the Window Project and I'd like to ask you a few questions."

Now, I had just looked at this dude and he wasn't carrying any leaflets, clipboard (I still wouldn't have opened the door), nothing...

I said, "I'm sorry, but I'm sick today. Thanks anyway."

He goes, "I'm not afraid of getting sick."

I told him I wasn't interested and called the cops. By the time the cops got there he was gone.

Guess who the "Behind the Window Project" was?????

ME.

:seeya: Good morning!

A flash back to 1974 for Elle Elle,

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xzrdGTr6xuo

Just a top 10 from when were kickin it on the outside! :rockon:

Thanks for the blast from the past. I must have listened to a lot of music when I was 14--I could sing along on all of those (even the ones at the end that were at the bottom of the chart).

Hard to believe that Sweet Home Alabama never got above #8 on the Hot 100. Some consider it one of the best R&R songs ever--my 20 year old son being one of them.

I don't have a "point". It was Lisa and Steve who stated that Travis was a virgin. I have no clue what his intention might have been in telling people he was a virgin. You are right people do not go to jail for not being virgins..but as a former Mormon..I can tell you it is a really big deal to have premarital sex. It is the sin next to murder! Why do you think TA was an inexperienced 30 year old? Deanna testified that they broke the law of chasity and TA lost his temple recommend.

Maybe you should contact Lisa or Steve to get answers to your questions. I only posted links regarding what Lisa and Steve told the court and the press.

Anybody who knew TA knew he was not a pedophille and the jury did not fall for it. Mute Point. :moo:

I have no idea. Possibly they thought he was. For some Mormans, apparently oral sex, anal sex and most likely mutual masturbation doesn't count if you are discussing sexual experience. I recall TA was on some kind of corrective action plan, but he was a member of the church in good standing when he was killed.

Jodi was involved in sexual activity in addition to committing murder. And the murder is what won her a ticket to the big house. Trust me when I say that most people, (Mormon or not) recognize that everyone lies. And that the majority of people on this board don't really care what two single people were or were not doing in bed.

Hiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!

My seester is okay, home now and resting comfortably. She was dehydrated so they gave her an IV and after a few hours, they sent her home.

Thanks for the prayers!!

Anything exciting going on today?

Wonderful news H.O.!

Hi all :seeya: We are still in the hospital (tomorrow will be 2 whole weeks). I came home last night to do some laundry and visit my animals....my mother stayed with Kyle. I believe they are going to put a feeding tube in him tomorrow, because of his not eating. I am hoping it doesn't come to that, but I am at a loss of what to do at this point.
Anyway hope you all are doing well.

Glad you're safe! You must live near my aunt and uncle...they live in Green Mountain Falls and were evacuated for almost a week last year...

Thhank you! No, I'm in denver that's how bad the smoke is... now I can't tell if my eyes are burning from alergies, or smoke! :seeya:

In college, I was home sick one afternoon and someone knocked on my apartment door. Without moving the curtain I looked through the crack and saw this guy I'd never seen before. I said, "Who is it?"

He said, "I'm from the Behind the Window Project and I'd like to ask you a few questions."

Now, I had just looked at this dude and he wasn't carrying any leaflets, clipboard (I still wouldn't have opened the door), nothing...

I told him I wasn't interested and called the cops. By the time the cops got there he was gone.

ME.

That gave me goosebumps. How scary! I live in an apartment alone and I never open my door unless I'm expecting someone.

Quick question regarding jury selection...I was home for lunch today and HLN was televising the attorneys questioning the potential jurors in the Zimmerman case. Was this process televised in JA's trial? Would there be transcripts from this?

Wonderful news H.O.!

Hi all :seeya: We are still in the hospital (tomorrow will be 2 whole weeks). I came home last night to do some laundry and visit my animals....my mother stayed with Kyle. I believe they are going to put a feeding tube in him tomorrow, because of his not eating. I am hoping it doesn't come to that, but I am at a loss of what to do at this point.
Anyway hope you all are doing well.

Rosemary, I'm sorry Kyle is having such a hard time, but I hope that just means the medicine is doing its job...

BIG HUGS to you and your sweet boy!

ME.

I live in the country, I have a neighbor who lives quite a bit behind me and no other houses that are nearby, I'm on close to an acre and a grungy fellow rang my doorbell and I was basically home alone (sister asleep upstairs), but it was during the day and I didn't open the door, he asked if he could use my phone because his car broke down, down the road (idk where his car broke down because it wasn't visible) I'm a cautious person soooo I got my house phone and passed it through a window that didn't have a screen and I told him to leave it on the porch when done and I went and got a large knife and my cell phone and just watched him lol! I probably seemed insane but my house had been robbed in the daytime before and I rather be crazy than unsafe... A few days later 2 weirdo men came to my door and asked if my car (which was in my driveway, nothing unusual) was for sale... I thought that was odd and I also went to my knives and wouldn't open the door... To this day I thought it was odd especially just days after that other guy came to my door.. I even went online to see if someone pranked me saying my car was for sale with an address because my car had license plates, etc, no reason to think it was for sale! About a week later a jehovahs witness came to my door and probably thought I was crazy when I refused to open my door and ran off to my knife block lol! I'm just a little cuckoo :D

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

That gave me goosebumps. How scary! I live in an apartment alone and I never open my door unless I'm expecting someone.

That's good!

I live in the country, I have a neighbor who lives quite a bit behind me and no other houses that are nearby, I'm on close to an acre and a grungy fellow rang my doorbell and I was basically home alone (sister asleep upstairs), but it was during the day and I didn't open the door, he asked if he could use my phone because his car broke down, down the road (idk where his car broke down because it wasn't visible) I'm a cautious person soooo I got my house phone and passed it through a window that didn't have a screen and I told him to leave it on the porch when done and I went and got a large knife and my cell phone and just watched him lol! I probably seemed insane but my house had been robbed in the daytime before and I rather be crazy than unsafe... A few days later 2 weirdo men came to my door and asked if my car (which was in my driveway, nothing unusual) was for sale... I thought that was odd and I also went to my knives and wouldn't open the door... To this day I thought it was odd especially just days after that other guy came to my door.. I even went online to see if someone pranked me saying my car was for sale with an address because my car had license plates, etc, no reason to think it was for sale! About a week later a jehovahs witness came to my door and probably thought I was crazy when I refused to open my door and ran off to my knife block lol! I'm just a little cuckoo :D

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

:eek:

BBM not cuckoo at all....SMART!

ME.

Holy scary! Reminds me of a time I was living in my first apartment by myself in an o.k. neighborhood but still city so I was surrounded by all types and probably a little too naive. Anyway I had a knock on the door one night which was strange because I didn't really know anyone in the building and it was the kind of place you had to be buzzed in but being the kind of building it was the entry doors would be left propped open often. So I look thru the peep hole and see 2 girls so I think o.k. harmless plus the guy I was dating a the time was over so I open the door and wanted to die laughing. Here these 2 girls were asking if Angel was home and they were obviously paid for if you know what I mean. I informed them Angel did not live there and they asked to use the phone they were confused as they had my apartment number and the street but there were several buildings on my street so it could have been any building and they seemed unfamiliar with the area they even handed me the phone and I got to speak to Angel. Yes they were new friends to him, he explained what building he was in and I directed them on where to go. I could have died it was so hilarious but me awareness was heightened as here were 2 strangers knocking on doors and they walked right into the building without being buzzed in.

ME.

Marking this post for my daughter to read! Thank God you had your guard up!

Holy scary! Reminds me of a time I was living in my first apartment by myself in an o.k. neighborhood but still city so I was surrounded by all types and probably a little too naive. Anyway I had a knock on the door one night which was strange because I didn't really know anyone in the building and it was the kind of place you had to be buzzed in but being the kind of building it was the entry doors would be left propped open often. So I look thru the peep hole and see 2 girls so I think o.k. harmless plus the guy I was dating a the time was over so I open the door and wanted to die laughing. Here these 2 girls were asking if Angel was home and they were obviously paid for if you know what I mean. I informed them Angel did not live there and they asked to use the phone they were confused as they had my apartment number and the street but there were several buildings on my street so it could have been any building and they seemed unfamiliar with the area they even handed me the phone and I got to speak to Angel. Yes they were new friends to him, he explained what building he was in and I directed them on where to go. I could have died it was so hilarious but me awareness was heightened as here were 2 strangers knocking on doors and they walked right into the building without being buzzed in.

BBM :floorlaugh:

Whoa, yall...

Just saw a clip of the Lifetime movie...Travis in the shower saying "Okay, I'm tired, let's stop"...Jodi saying "Just a few more, turn and face the wall"... then the knife into the back...

Whoa, that is freaky! I read that the Lifetime movie will be airing on June 22. What do you all think about it? Will you be watching? I would probably tune in--if I had cable TV. Although I have read that the actress playing JA is sympathetic towards her. She apparently believes she was abused by TA.

You know, as narcissistic as JA is, she probably wants cable TV installed primarily for the purpose of watching this movie every time it airs on Lifetime.:moo:

Let me see how I can do on the info...

The other inmate hurt JA's finger, then they called her a terrible name, then JA's fist went off accidently when JA shook it at the fellow inmate, then JA went into a Fog and she doesn't remember anything till she woke up in the warden's office with a bottle of water from Costco cluched in her talons and blood on her hands.

:floorlaugh: How did I do?

You did a fantastic job. I am sitting here laughing out loud. Hubby wanted to know what was so funny. I read your post aloud to him. :floorlaugh:

9780449902929_p0_v1_s260x420.jpg

:floorlaugh:

Morning all. Today I'm posting from the courthouse. Jury duty today. I'm never put on a case due to my occupation so it's normally a wasted day for me.

What is your occupation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member