Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!

My seester is okay, home now and resting comfortably. She was dehydrated so they gave her an IV and after a few hours, they sent her home.

Thanks for the prayers!!

Anything exciting going on today?

Oh Hopeful One, am I glad to see your post! Last night I worried about you and your sister. So glad all is OK. I hope things go easier for her now, and hope her son is well and happy, too.

Take care and rest well tonight. ((((( ))))))

Hey All! ...Just finished reading Gone Girl... Anyone else? What did you think of it?

Also... PLEASE give me some recommended reading for the summer? You know what I like to read.... Creepy stuff like the rest of you weirdos! :)

It can be a scary world.
After Bundy, my mother started buying every true crime book she could get her hands on and handed them out to all her daughters and granddaughters. She hoped we'd learn to trust our own intuition about things that seem "off" about people we encounter.

It's a fine line, though. My husband was out of town when a local woman (Cheryl Dunlap, killed by Gary Hilton) disappeared and my sisters kept calling me and telling me not to leave the house, go to Target, go to the grocery store, go anywhere.
But I couldn't cut myself out of the world, you know? So I kept doing my usual things but with a sharper sense of awareness.

But I was scared to death for a few months when a serial killer was jumping off trains and killing nearby residents. I live pretty close to the railroad tracks and my husband was gone three nights a week. I was so relieved when they made an arrest in that case. I've always loved the train whistle, but I hated it then.

BBM: Was that the serial killer who ended up being caught down in Mexico, the Mexican National? Santa Fe RR did security sweeps on the trains going through here, all cargo/transport trains and you wouldn't expect it to be done in the middle of nowhere. Well, he hitched a ride on one of them, they stopped the train, and off he ran. Gunsite Training Center just had their skeleton crew running the place, but they had their guys on ATV's and in Jeeps searching right along side with the Yavapai County Sheriffs and some locals who had helicopters (free fly zone). It was pretty tense, being just a mile from the tracks. Sheriff's hit this area and told us to make sure we were carrying at all times. Somehow, he slipped away.

At least it's a good song that got stuck in your head. I really hate it when a song I don't like gets stuck in my head. What I've learned to do though is replace it with one I do like.

Hopefully I don't sound too nutso, ya think ? :crazy:

No your not nuts LOL I have Clients who shall we say are not of sound mind. One kept singing "Do you know the muffin man". Days later my co-workers were slapping me so i would stop humming/singing it and I had no clue I was doing it. Now that's nuts LOL.

Hey All! ...Just finished reading Gone Girl... Anyone else? What did you think of it?

Also... PLEASE give me some recommended reading for the summer? You know what I like to read.... Creepy stuff like the rest of you weirdos! :)

I loved that book. Sharp objects is sorta meh, but good and her second book was good too! I keep meaning to read through the book club thread, but have seen some good ones there! :seeya:

I loved that book. Sharp objects is sorta meh, but good and her second book was good too! I keep meaning to read through the book club thread, but have seen some good ones there! :seeya:

I liked it too... I think the very end sort of fell flat ... but a really fun read. SNAP! We have a book forum? I Looked but came up empty?

I read it about a year ago and from page one I couldn't put it down until it was finished. Kind of weak on in terms of the characters but, it's a plot piece, not a character study so I found that easy to forgive.

I loved Gone Girl! Have you read any more of Gillian Flynn's books? I've also read Sharp Objects and Dark Places...both were really good.

Another book I read recently that I couldn't put down was Still Missing by Chevy Stevens. It's about a realtor who was kidnapped.

Still Missing: Chevy Stevens: Amazon.com: Books

I liked it too... I think the very end sort of fell flat ... but a really fun read. SNAP! We have a book forum? I Looked but came up empty?

Yeah, it was so compelling all the way through until the end which felt like such a rip off. But, whatever, sometimes it's about the journey.

I am obviously not Karmady, but JA was not the only liar in this case. Did you see Lisa Andrews Daidone's testimony? She thought TA was a virgin..His own brother Steve Alexander said he loved telling his friends that his brother was a 30 year old virgin. (Yuck, but NOMB). Lot of lies going around.

""I loved telling all my friends ... my brother is a 30-year-old virgin," said Steve Alexander." http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18559_1...s-on-trial-for-brutal-murder-of-ex-boyfriend/

I have a 16 year old daughter and if the subject of sex comes up, sometimes I'll jokingly tell people that I'm a virgin. Of course it's tongue in cheek, but Travis probably did the same. It certainly doesn't compare to JA's lies. AND, it definitely doesn't excuse the convicted murderess.

I read it about a year ago and from page one I couldn't put it down until it was finished. Kind of weak on in terms of the characters but, it's a plot piece, not a character study so I found that easy to forgive.

Excellent point, Schuby. I would have gone for a murder suicide type ending... But I'm a little touched in the head so...

No your not nuts LOL I have Clients who shall we say are not of sound mind. One kept singing "Do you know the muffin man". Days later my co-workers were slapping me so i would stop humming/singing it and I had no clue I was doing it. Now that's nuts LOL.

Great...now that song is stuck in MY head. :facepalm: lol

Excellent point, Schuby. I would have gone for a murder suicide type ending... But I'm a little touched in the head so...

Murder-suicide, fatal car accident, alien abduction..anything! She really couldn't have phoned it in more than she did with that ending.

Defending Jacob by William Landay (fiction)
All things Carlton Stowers (true crime)
Midnight in Peking by Paul French (true crime)
We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver (fiction)
I Hate the Java Gremlins Who Prevent Me from Enjoying the WS Chat Room by Ynot (non-fiction)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HatsDom