SIDEBAR #14- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo: Have you ever heard of such a whinny bunch of legal beagles? Patti put her face out there LONG before sentencing and DB had no problem with "Face Time" after he was no longer a witness in sentencing......oh, just cry me a river.......Now, what side is racking up all the $$$$$? Seriously, Nurmi could retire after this case with that $100 increase an hour he got a few years back defending this case, cripes he's pulling $250/hour!

Hiya Bern.... It smells like a tactic to me... Hoping the family and the DA will throw their hands in the air and cut a deal. This case will likely be a priority in comparison the others scheduled.

I don't think it's up to JSS is it? At least they are not settling for LWOP.

Redo the PP ... take your sweet time. Maybe they are waiting until winter because it's too :hot: lol

I was thinking the EXACT same thing!!! Those "swamp coolers" in parts of Estrella can give a girl a "bad hair day", dontcha know! :floorlaugh:
Yucko, a sweaty CMJA!!!:panic:

The motion for continuance purports the two witnesses who were not called to be valuable mitigators for the convicted murderer but the testimony they could offer was exposed in the media and it did not favor her. Martinez would know what they were prepared to say, since we know. If Judge Stephens did not read their statements to media, Martinez can inform her of the content they were going to deliver if called. Patti said that Arias had an ideal childhood, for instance and Darryl found Arias unrecognizable and wicked. No one deprived Arias of mitigation witnesses. She simply had no one in her corner.

Darryl Brewer said in his media interview that in his opinion Jodi should not ever be allowed to leave prison. Don't remember exactly how he worded it, DO remember being surprised at what he said. The undercurrent to me sounded like he was afraid of Jodi.

I know this isn't the same as what you're dealing with but it always cracks me up when someone angry throws down the "I'll sue you card." It's always about something stupid too, like some guy at Radio Shack angry that the in store price is higher than the one advertised in the ad. It's like, calm down, it will cost you more to file at small claims court than the ten dollar price difference on those crappy headphones.

Speaking of radio shack... I'd like to place a bet on the next big wave of frivolous lawsuits... well these probably won't be frivolous, but there will be a lot of medical damages...

Double or nothing if you guess the location, and owner/business of the first heli/drone maiming lawsuit! :seeya:

Attachments

• sushi drone.jpg
    sushi drone.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 36
:cheers: :cupcake:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Neesaki !! :woohoo: :party:

Have a wonderful dinner!

WOW!
BTW: Nothing more on Isabel Celis? That is such a strange case........I really don't think she is alive.
I don't feel that Isabel Celis is alive either. That really is a strange case. We no longer live in Tucson, but my daughter and her friends who went to school with Isabel's dad feel certain that he was involved. She was most likely dead before he ever made the 911 call. Her body has never been found. It's so very sad.

The motion for continuance purports the two witnesses who were not called to be valuable mitigators for the convicted murderer but the testimony they could offer was exposed in the media and it did not favor her. Martinez would know what they were prepared to say, since we know. If Judge Stephens did not read their statements to media, Martinez can inform her of the content they were going to deliver if called. Patti said that Arias had an ideal childhood, for instance and Darryl found Arias unrecognizable and wicked. No one deprived Arias of mitigation witnesses. She simply had no one in her corner.

BBM

Exactly.

She had 2 lousy people to testify in the mitigation phase. 2. Not even her family.

So what, exactly, do these attorney have to prepare for???

What a croc of...BLEEP !

BBM

Exactly.

She had 2 lousy people to testify in the mitigation phase. 2. Not even her family.

So what, exactly, do these attorney have to prepare for???

What a croc of...BLEEP !

Exactly! Even JSS herself said that if they were really afraid to testify, they could've done so in chambers, but they didn't.

Now if they had argued that there was too much media hype to find an impartial jury pool, and they wanted a continuance to let it die down, then MAYBE, but this is all B.S. and JSS better deny this motion! :please: :banghead:

ETA: The tone of that motion was rather accusatory, wasn't it? It was in keeping with JA; blame everyone else! It's not THEIR fault they weren't prepared. Ugh!

All transcripts are resealed (sidebars, in chambers meetings). Defense wants penalty phase put off until Jan 2014. :rolleyes:

Hope the judge cracks the whip and tells the defense to get this case done! I wouldn't count on it. According to the media reports this morning, defense is saying the killer wasn't prepared for sentencing phase due to "threats" made on Patti and DB. UGH!!!
Guess we should have expected this. It's so strange that the Defense, to my knowledge, never addressed why DB didn't speak. During the interview, with his face showing, he said he was ready and they didn't call him. Shouldn't that fact negate this argument of theirs?
This filing makes it sound like all witnesses were threatened. Had her great friend Patty not gone on TV during the trial, nobody would have even known about her. I sincerely hope these stall tactics don't work. I also hope, since she's now a convicted murderer, that she's stuck in her cell 23 hrs a day.

He's an elected official. If you check out his "experience" on Wikipedia, it speaks volumes. Some of his policies have been criticized, ie, illegal immigrants, but if you haven't actually been wired into the Border Patrol, DEA, etc., you wouldn't know that his is (and currently is no longer in place because of a judicial ruling) a very valid policy. There have been several "underlings" in his department who have resigned or been fired for serious infractions, and like any legal entity, you're going to have problems. Joe isn't perfect, but he does what he can.
Case in point: The evolution of tent city. The individual who brought this idea to Joe had aka's as long as your arm, with fake certifications, military experience, etc, etc. He ran the idea past Joe about putting the over run of convicted county inmates in army surplus tents. This individual, who was placed under Joe, eventually was having sex with female inmates and other things, was found out, and eventually hit up with identity theft. Something along the lines of the movie "Catch Me if You Can".
I know there an issue with child sex abuse cases and a back log or non-investigation. Maricopa County covers many city jurisdictions that have their own police forces. Many of these LE will drop their cases on MSCO and tell them the case is not in that city's LE area. This happens EVERYWHERE, more so in the last 10 years because of budget cuts in city LE. Arizona was hit very hard with the recession and extreme cuts to many state, county, and local government bodies. We experience it ALL the time up here, with Yavapai County vs the city depts. Some of the city LE won't even share info with the county LE. And they're on the same computer access!!!!!
:facepalm: It's money and politics.

Thanks for that. When I heard he was against illegals coming across the Arizona border, I was all for him. That's not popular but it is my own opinion. I appreciate all you said.

:puke: The convicted killer wants to "paint a complete picture". Here is the motion for continuance into 2014!! :furious:

http://media2.abc15.com/html/pdf/ariasmotion.pdf

I would demand to see those "threats" Patti got and the police report....and the defense had no problem making JM reschedule his trial schedule to accommodate their prolonged case in chief, their client's migraines, ALV's illness, etc., etc.
Give Patti-Cakes an armed guard while she's in state. I think it has more to do with her "illegal activities" and her arrest record. :facepalm:

For two of my favorite people:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tJi8Y7nuCc"]Peaches and Herb - Reunited (Album Version-HQ) - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks for that. When I heard he was against illegals coming across the Arizona border, I was all for him. That's not popular but it is my own opinion. I appreciate all you said.

Honestly...there are more pressing things for him to focus on in his own county.
All I will say (and i don't claim to speak for anyone pro or con) is that there is faiely neutral info easily found online if anyone wants to look.my county has issues big time, but our sheriff gets the job done without the feds getting up in our business and drawing publicity.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Hiya Bern.... It smells like a tactic to me... Hoping the family and the DA will throw their hands in the air and cut a deal. This case will likely be a priority in comparison the others scheduled.

I think the deal the defense wants is LWP, out in 25 with her 5 years already done subtracted....NOT COOL. Only 20 years for what she did? I think not.
I hope the Alexanders can be at these motions and hearings "by phone".

CMJA had 2 lousy witnesses. You can't "fix" that. After 5 years, who's she going to get? Her buddies in Estrella?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......

Wow according to twitter the DT wants to postpone the penalty trial until JAN 2014!!!!!!!!!!! Thud. That's insane. I hope the judge denies this!!

And what will be the next excuse for the DT to postpone it in Jan, 2014?

I think I need to call these guys...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvkKX035484"]Ghostbusters - Ray Parker Jr. (HQ Audio) - YouTube[/ame]

Starting my weekend early - no work tomorrow.
[video=youtube;imhDevlc9OM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imhDevlc9OM[/video]

Have a good evening!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads