SIDEBAR #14- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you listen to NG talk about former waitress Jodi Arias, keep in mind that any resemblance between what NG says and real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

She should be covering the Elaina Steinfurth disappearance or anything else of real importance. NG is disgrace.

When she looks into the camera and yells about how Jodi is going to "walk in 20 short years" or be transfered to a "cushy" mental facility, it's for ratings only.

If she fails to show "duping delight" when she does this to the audience it's because she's mentally ill to the point where she hides her true agenda completely.

(imo)

I'm watching JVM and have a few thoughts....

Adam Swickle is a slimeball and just wants to be on tv. (he's on her panel for the defense) Yuck.

Jon Lieberman's passion is very attractive to me :blushing: I really like how sensible he is.

They just did a phone interview with Patti and she explained why she didn't testify for JA. I'm not sure what to think of this girl. A part of me almost felt kind of sorry for her. Maybe I'm naïve like that.

The pop eyed guy? He looks like this :eek:?

NG is really reaching tonight. Did she say that 50% of Americans have BPD (I'm reading captions, so I'm not sure if she said that 50% of Americans have symptoms of BPD)?? The psychologist on air at the time corrected her, at any rate, and said it's more like 5%.

The finger picture that gets me is the one when she was on the witness stand, and held it up. That looked very fake! :twocents::moo:

CK is like the weird kid in the class that would try to join the groups, but, because they were always doing strange things, tended to get disincluded on a regular basis. You can see the delight in her face when Jodi is putting on make-up for an interview, dressed in jail stripes, while she was still maintaining her innocence. It's like she's thinking "Yes, I'm finally getting the attention I so richly deserve!" :facepalm:

I haven't really been watching, so I have to ask: What is NG basing that on? Seems CK wouldn't have a chance to get into a mental institution unless she threatens to kills herself, and then it would just be until it was deemed she was no longer a danger to herself. :jail:

Arizona doesn't DO insane. Your guilty but insane, go to the criminally insane facility til you're"normal" and then you do your time in prison.
Besides, she entertained us with her complete recall before and after the murder, her life history, and she had a psychologist up there who could have put insanity forward.
And if she pulls the suicide card, she will be continually housed in a tightly restricted area.
I think she's just buying time because there is absolutely nothing she or her attorneys can change, she will be going to Perryville. LWP/LWOP/DP.
If I was the defense, I sure wouldn't be getting JSS angry, she might just have the final call on CMJA's prison sentence.

Coming out of my mostly lurker mode to ask a question -- did I just hear NG say that Jodi's brother said the sex recording was intended as a trap? Can anyone point me to a reputable source? TIA.

The finger picture that gets me is the one when she was on the witness stand, and held it up. That looked very fake! :twocents::moo:

Yeah, it totally looked fake on the stand!! This one looks a bit more real which is why I'm so bothered, but I guess just seeing the finger at all upsets me.

NG is really reaching tonight. Did she say that 50% of Americans have BPD (I'm reading captions, so I'm not sure if she said that 50% of Americans have symptoms of BPD)?? The psychologist on air at the time corrected her, at any rate, and said it's more like 5%.

CK is like the weird kid in the class that would try to join the groups, but, because they were always doing strange things, tended to get disincluded on a regular basis. You can see the delight in her face when Jodi is putting on make-up for an interview, dressed in jail stripes, while she was still maintaining her innocence. It's like she's thinking "Yes, I'm finally getting the attention I so richly deserve!" :facepalm:

Agreed, she loves the attention, no matter how she gets it.

That particular hand shot up thread, I believe is from one of her interviews she did after the verdict. I remember her wearing a white sweater and she did not want her jail striped paints in the pictures.

Coming out of my mostly lurker mode to ask a question -- did I just hear NG say that Jodi's brother said the sex recording was intended as a trap? Can anyone point me to a reputable source? TIA.

It was posted on his facebook page a while back.

This is the first time that I have heard this too. I don't know who the brother even told this to. Wish I had a more reliable source for this info. But I am sure that JA recorded the tape for a good reason, to get at somebody and giving it to a girlfriend of Travis's is right up her alley.

Arizona doesn't DO insane. Your guilty but insane, go to the criminally insane facility til you're"normal" and then you do your time in prison.
Besides, she entertained us with her complete recall before and after the murder, her life history, and she had a psychologist up there who could have put insanity forward.
And if she pulls the suicide card, she will be continually housed in a tightly restricted area.
I think she's just buying time because there is absolutely nothing she or her attorneys can change, she will be going to Perryville. LWP/LWOP/DP.
If I was the defense, I sure wouldn't be getting JSS angry, she might just have the final call on CMJA's prison sentence.

BBM - Good point! And, the DT may have already offended the Judge ...

In the DT's latest motion, the DT stated that they were unable to put on witnesses in the mitigation phase DESPITE the Judge stating specifically that witnesses could testify in a closed court. I can't see the Judge looking very favorably on that DT's motion.

I hope JSS holds everyone's feet to the fire and completes this penalty phase as scheduled and in a timely manner.

Yup! Do we have any idea as to when JSS will rule on this ridiculous motion to postpone?

And then some never leave the state hospital...or they get transferred to a state hosp somewhere else a la Jared Loughner. JA, of course, not even close to that calibre (mental illness wise that is)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

BBM Because they can and the US loves a scandelous story. I do not have Dish anymore so I won't be able to see the movie but my guess is that the movie will not be so forgiving toward the Mormon church. There are a lot of people in the US who have never heard of the Mormon/LDS church. I have met a few. Not to mention the Mormon church's involvement with Prop 8 in Calif. did not make that church popular. I might be wrong in my prediction. Sex sells here. How dare a church dicipline a grown man..something like that. :moo:

I looked on the IMDB site for "Dirty Little Secret" and found the following characters:

Pool Club Stud
Bartender
Morman (I think they meant MormOn)
Yoga Student

I don't remember hearing about any of these people during the trial. I wonder how true to life the movie will be.?? Never liked Lifetime when I did have TV.:moo:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2787002/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

JMO
I have always kind of liked all the lifetime movies I have seen in the past. I always thought they do a pretty good job of summarizing the true stories they cover. I never got the impression they tried to totally get something wrong on purpose or anything. With that said, I do think they emphasize certain parts (like the sex parts) to get more ratings, but I dont think they will totally get it wrong or anything.

Just based on past movies I saw on that channel. I am planning on watching this one, so once it is shown, I will be better able to comment to see how accurate they portray this case.

This is the first time that I have heard this too. I don't know who the brother even told this to. Wish I had a more reliable source for this info. But I am sure that JA recorded the tape for a good reason, to get at somebody and giving it to a girlfriend of Travis's is right up her alley.

I think this also. It's just so damned awkward. And not.hot.

Yeah, it totally looked fake on the stand!! This one looks a bit more real which is why I'm so bothered, but I guess just seeing the finger at all upsets me.

It probably got messed up in one of the crazy situations CK no doubt continually got herself into.

I can imagine her sneakily flipping the wrong person off, them seeing it (for the fortieth time, perhaps), and just grabbing her fingers a little too hard and saying, "Cut it out, witch!" Then she conveniently tries to pin it on Travis... :stormingmad::twocents:

Dr D says they have a close friend of CK on tonight. I wonder if Patty W is making the rounds. If I was getting threats, like she has been claiming to get, I certainly would not be doing national TV interviews.

Adding to this. Dr D now is saying it is the interview JVM did earlier this evening with Patty W.

JMO
I have always kind of liked all the lifetime movies I have seen in the past. I always thought they do a pretty good job of summarizing the true stories they cover. I never got the impression they tried to totally get something wrong on purpose or anything. With that said, I do think they emphasize certain parts (like the sex parts) to get more ratings, but I dont think they will totally get it wrong or anything.

Just based on past movies I saw on that channel. I am planning on watching this one, so once it is shown, I will be better able to comment to see how accurate they portray this case.

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I kinda like 'em too. I wanted to see the KC one, and I plan on watching this murder's one too. I just hope they don't bash TA! (I enjoyed the Will & Kate one around the royal wedding!)

ETA: Have a good night, all!

BBM - Good point! And, the DT may have already offended the Judge ...

In the DT's latest motion, the DT stated that they were unable to put on witnesses in the mitigation phase DESPITE the Judge stating specifically that witnesses could testify in a closed court. I can't see the Judge looking very favorably on that DT's motion.

I hope JSS holds everyone's feet to the fire and completes this penalty phase as scheduled and in a timely manner

Re BBM
As much as I would like to have confidence the judge will throw out the DT BS, we have to remember that JSS gave the DT huge leeway during the trial. If JSS stays on this case, remember she was the one that allowed JA to talk for days and days and days. She has bent over backwards for the DT every step of the way IMO, and I have no faith that she will all of a sudden get a backbone.

We need Judge Perry to put the hammer down on the BS. I dont think the current judge is firm enough when dealing with the DT tactics.

Remember all the delays she allowed due to fake sicknesses and other BS.

Re BBM
As much as I would like to have confidence the judge will throw out the DT BS, we have to remember that JSS gave the DT huge leeway during the trial. If JSS stays on this case, remember she was the one that allowed JA to talk for days and days and days. She has bent over backwards for the DT every step of the way IMO, and I have no faith that she will all of a sudden get a backbone.

We need Judge Perry to put the hammer down on the BS. I dont think the current judge is firm enough when dealing with the DT tactics.

Remember all the delays she allowed due to fake sicknesses and other BS.

I agree! I just keep hoping JSS will suddenly grow that backbone! :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members