SIDEBAR #15- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My 'baby boy' is 21 and very mature for his age. He had to grow up fast.
He is going to London for a study abroad type of thing. I am very excited for him.

Kenzie, watch and see how well it goes! I did the same thing, a year at London University, and there's so much to see and do - and great people! A student budget goes a long way with all the free activities available, and he'll have such a good experience!

You can be in touch via Skype or e-mail as much as you want, but expect him to be busy learning and having fun.

Send that guy off with good expectations! He'll make a lifetime of memories.

Kenzie, watch and see how well it goes! I did the same thing, a year at London University, and there's so much to see and do - and great people! A student budget goes a long way with all the free activities available, and he'll have such a good experience!

You can be in touch via Skype or e-mail as much as you want, but expect him to be busy learning and having fun.

Send that guy off with good expectations! He'll make a lifetime of memories.

How do y'all feel about GZ? Maybe the wrong thread? RedEye time

Sulamith - Do yourself a favor and read the book first. The movie really doesn't do it justice. "We Need to Talk About Kevin", by Lionel Shriver. Really....read the book first.
Oh my gosh! I just watched the whole movie on YouTube. You have to watch it in parts. Wow. I was going to get the book too, but I don't know of I should read it before bed. Is this based on any true story?

Good morning!

For those of us that can't view the videos (for whatever reason)...can someone be sweet and just give us the gist of what it was about? Apparently she squeezed a cat? Can anyone give more context?

TIA! Sorry to be a pain, but I can't see the video and I'm betting there are others that can't, as well.

OH BOY! I just listened to the side bar tapes. Everyone here nailed it. ALV was taken out to the wood shed by JSS for editorializing, ad nauseam, in her testimony. Her testimony was also questioned in relation to her family therapist status. And the monster was slapping dogs and squeezing cats ... FACTS deemed too prejudicial to be allowed in. Juan and Jenny clearly have more than just a professional distaste for one another. JUICY STUFF!

Oh my gosh! I just watched the whole movie on YouTube. You have to watch it in parts. Wow. I was going to get the book too, but I don't know of I should read it before bed. Is this based on any true story?

No, it's strictly fiction but it's a great read. Much better than the movie.

OH BOY! I just listened to the side bar tapes. Everyone here nailed it. ALV was taken out to the wood shed by JSS for editorializing, ad nauseam, in her testimony. Her testimony was also questioned in relation to her family therapist status. And the monster was slapping dogs and squeezing cats ... FACTS deemed too prejudicial to be allowed in. Juan and Jenny clearly have more than just a professional distaste for one another. JUICY STUFF!

What do they know about her slapping dogs and squeezing cats? What did they say?

:banghead:

What do they know about her slapping dogs and squeezing cats? What did they say?

I remember Juan saying "it came out in the notes". I think that it was stuff that was in ALV's notes, but wasn't allowed in because it was too prejudicial. JSS ruled that the "slapping" and "squeezing" (very tight according to Juan) of the cat did not constitute "torture" under terrorism. I'm assuming she meant the "terrorism" category that was on ALV's continuum or whatever she called it.

LOTS of animosity between JM and Willmott. What I found funny is that in the four sidebar tapes they showed Nurmi never said a word. It was all Juan and Willie.

Apparently, it was information elicited from ALV interviews with JA. JM tells JSS .." She tortured her cat , I want to get into that .. it's in her (ALV) notes..." JM goes on to say "My argument is that if anybody is the abuser .. it's her (JA)"

JSS says " I did read the note that she poked at the cat... and she slapped the dog...but I don't know that it rises to the level of torturing the pets"

JM says .." But she also squeezed the cat out of anger.. Um, she also squeezed the cat very tight... too tight , out of anger"

JS RE: ALV after Juan says "ALV is advocating for the defendant" ...JSS: "I've told her and you've told her but for whatever reason ... she wants to volunteer information ... She's just getting herself in deeper because she's doing that.." JSS goes on to say " I do believe the witness (ALV) wants to answer with information that's not what she's being asked...I don't want to admonish her in front of the jury ...JSS to Jenny "She ( ALV) did this yesterday and it delays the proceedings ... talk with her at the break about it"

Apparently, it was information elicited from ALV interviews with JA. JM tells JSS .." She tortured her cat , I want to get into that .. it's in her (ALV) notes..." JM goes on to say "My argument is that if anybody is the abuser .. it's her (JA)"

JSS says " I did read the note that she poked at the cat... and she slapped the dog...but I don't know that it rises to the level of torturing the pets"

JM says .." But she also squeezed the cat out of anger.. Um, she also squeezed the cat very tight... too tight , out of anger"

Thank you!

Wow.

JS RE: ALV after Juan says "ALV is advocating for the defendant" ...JSS: "I've told her and you've told her but for whatever reason ... she wants to volunteer information ... She's just getting herself in deeper because she's doing that.." JSS goes on to say " I do believe the witness (ALV) wants to answer with information that's not what she's being asked...I don't want to admonish her in front of the jury ...JSS to Jenny "She ( ALV) did this yesterday and it delays the proceedings ... talk with her at the break about it"

Why on earth wouldn't the judge admonish a witness in front of the jury if she ( in this case, ALV) is being essentially hostile to the prosecution and not following court direction? That woman was verging on contempt of court as far as I'm concerned. All it did was almost co-sign her testimony to the jury by not reigning her in and Juan M had to basically admonish her himself. I hear judges all the time admonishing witnesses on the stand when they don't do what they've been asked. She was wimpy as far as I'm concerned. Judge Belvin Perry would've gotten these witnesses under control, ESPECIALLY when they disrespected council JM and got fresh with him about the time out comment. MOO

For those of you who were unable to view the sidebars (myself included) I just posted it on the sidebar thread. I went directly to azcentral and good to go. Link on appropriate thread.

"“It’s assertive, not aggressive,” Martinez said to Judge Sherry Stephens.

“It’s not assertive, it’s aggressive,” Willmott countered. “The fact that she’s not answering the way he wants her to does not entitle him to start yelling at her.”

And then seconds later, Martinez mimicked Willmott’s voice as she called to the judge to object.

Stephens asked Willmott to tell the witness to answer the questions because “... it just delays the proceedings.” And she sent the lawyers back into the fray with the order, “OK, counsel, let’s move on. Tempers are getting short.”"

Oh, how do I love Juan - let me count the ways.

Thanks for all the advice. I agree with a lot of what you said. I first thought my solution would be to upgrade to a newer version of IE, but then the system limitation for new IE is to have Windows 7 (like you said), and so I am in a catch-22 that I would have to get rid of Vista just to get new IE. :floorlaugh:

So, I did install Google Chrome awhile back and really like it, but for some reason it worked for awhile, but now when I use it, it seems to consistently drop my Wireless IP address to my Router, and I lose the internet Network connection and only way to get back my network connection is to re-boot my router, so I have been avoiding Google Chrome until I can figure out how to solve the Network-IP address-Dropping to my router when I use Chrome.

So, I have been trying to think of ways to fix this annoying IE problem, but it seems like it is here to stay for me. I think it started probably with an update to Java or something like that.

I do purge my History and Cookies and stuff like that, but will do that again just to try that again.

The only thing I have never done is defrag my PC, but didnt think that would affect IE in any way, but just file orgnization and bad spots on the drive, but I probably should do that anyway to fix any drive errors.

Thanks again for advice. Its kind of an older laptop, but not too old, but someday if I do have to go to Win 7 or larger, I probably will just upgrade the laptop instead since I want more juice + memory anyway. LOL :floorlaugh:

Thanks again.

Try this: I also was loosing my wireless connection. In Chrome, I would go to "Settings", "Network", "Change Proxy Settings".
Your Vista "Internet Properties" Box will come up, Click "LAN Settings", and under "Proxy Server", un-check "Use Proxy Server For your LAN".

I usually had that happen when I had too much "stuff" uploading/downloading at once and the laptop would just switch from Wireless to LAN on it's on own. I think it's a Vista issue because it doesn't happen with Win 7. I did increase the internal RAM with bigger RAM cards: Go to http://www.crucial.com/ They have a RAM memory upgrade tool that can scan your laptop and give you the Manufactuer and product# of the highest compatible RAM upgrade card available for your specific Laptop, just put the brand, series, etc., in the drop down menu. Take that info, go to: http://www.tigerdirect.com/ and bring up the product. (I buy from them because of lower price and great service) They have an installation guide for the cards there also, it's pretty easy. It will speed up your computer and your Internet. But it will only increase Internet by what your IP provider allows, so if you have High speed DSL, but your provider has you at the low spectrum because you live in the boonies (like me, 1.5 mbps, CenturyLink, urgh!) you can only do so much. We hooked up my son with "Comspeed" (50 mbps/200 GB Internet consumption) after "Hughesnet" was a huge disaster (50 mbps/limited monthly 10 GB Internet consumption) for the same price........
Probably TMI :scared:
Now my brain is stuck in computer nerd.......which I'm not! I just don't like paying someone to do something I can ask a few subtle questions about and DYI. Ask me about later model trucks, I can fix them, may not know the proper names for some of the gizmos, but I can fix them!!!

How do y'all feel about GZ? Maybe the wrong thread? RedEye time

GZ gives me the "creep" factor, there's just something about him that doesn't sit well with me. I don't know if it's "wannabe cop", years of 911/police calls/reports (seriously, how many times have any of us had to call 911 or the LE?), disregarding the rules of the Neighborhood Watch program, getting a gun on the premise of shooting a neighbor's dog, and his head/face wounds.
And, in general, when a person shoots and kills someone, with no prior experience, they are a basket case. I haven't heard anything yet about his demeanor initially AFTER he shot TM. Doesn't matter if he was on meds for ADHD, he would have been incredibly shook up.

So apparently JA said these things to ALV in her private "interviews" with her. About squeezing the cat, poking it, etc. And she admitted kicking the dog so it never came back. Tip of the iceberg imo.

ALV heard those things yet still continued to think JA was the abused.

Try this: I also was loosing my wireless connection. In Chrome, I would go to "Settings", "Network", "Change Proxy Settings".
Your Vista "Internet Properties" Box will come up, Click "LAN Settings", and under "Proxy Server", un-check "Use Proxy Server For your LAN".

I usually had that happen when I had too much "stuff" uploading/downloading at once and the laptop would just switch from Wireless to LAN on it's on own. I think it's a Vista issue because it doesn't happen with Win 7. I did increase the internal RAM with bigger RAM cards: Go to http://www.crucial.com/ They have a RAM memory upgrade tool that can scan your laptop and give you the Manufactuer and product# of the highest compatible RAM upgrade card available for your specific Laptop, just put the brand, series, etc., in the drop down menu. Take that info, go to: http://www.tigerdirect.com/ and bring up the product. (I buy from them because of lower price and great service) They have an installation guide for the cards there also, it's pretty easy. It will speed up your computer and your Internet. But it will only increase Internet by what your IP provider allows, so if you have High speed DSL, but your provider has you at the low spectrum because you live in the boonies (like me, 1.5 mbps, CenturyLink, urgh!) you can only do so much. We hooked up my son with "Comspeed" (50 mbps/200 GB Internet consumption) after "Hughesnet" was a huge disaster (50 mbps/limited monthly 10 GB Internet consumption) for the same price........
Probably TMI :scared:
Now my brain is stuck in computer nerd.......which I'm not! I just don't like paying someone to do something I can ask a few subtle questions about and DYI. Ask me about later model trucks, I can fix them, may not know the proper names for some of the gizmos, but I can fix them!!!

Thanks for the tip on trying to get my Chrome to stop dropping my Wireless connection. I will try that for sure. It does sound like that may fix it since I seem to have the same issue you had. It works when I first bring it up, and as soon as I start to go to different websites, it drops, so it must be flipping that setting too.

I actually kind of like Vista, so I may even upgrade the RAM instead of buying a new laptop too. So thanks for the tip on where to buy RAM chips too.

I used to manually increase my RAM on my desktop machines all the time, but have never done it to a laptop before, but I am sure it is very similar. Its just a matter of finding the SLOTS, and then plug in the new CARDS.
And of course making sure I get the right RAM cards just like you mentioned.

Yeah, I like fooling with stuff like this too. It gives a great satisfaction when we can change stuff and fix stuff ourselves.

Thanks again.

So apparently JA said these things to ALV in her private "interviews" with her. About squeezing the cat, poking it, etc. And she admitted kicking the dog so it never came back. Tip of the iceberg imo.

ALV heard those things yet still continued to think JA was the abused.

JMO
I agree with the Tip of the Iceburg part, but for ALV, I think she really does know that JA was guilty and just lied on the stand for money.

If she honestly believed JA was innocent, then she is not nearly as intelligent as I had thought. So either way, I have no respect for her. She either lied for money or is too imcompetent to be working in her field.

Thanks for the tip on trying to get my Chrome to stop dropping my Wireless connection. I will try that for sure. It does sound like that may fix it since I seem to have the same issue you had. It works when I first bring it up, and as soon as I start to go to different websites, it drops, so it must be flipping that setting too.

I actually kind of like Vista, so I may even upgrade the RAM instead of buying a new laptop too. So thanks for the tip on where to buy RAM chips too.

I used to manually increase my RAM on my desktop machines all the time, but have never done it to a laptop before, but I am sure it is very similar. Its just a matter of finding the SLOTS, and then plug in the new CARDS.
And of course making sure I get the right RAM cards just like you mentioned.

Yeah, I like fooling with stuff like this too. It gives a great satisfaction when we can change stuff and fix stuff ourselves.

Thanks again.

Replacing the RAM cards are a snap! I thought it was going to be a PITA! Just open one of the covers on the bottom of the laptop and there they are, gently pull the old ones out and insert the new ones. Tigerdirect will have an install guide for your particular laptop and RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member