SIDEBAR #16- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel silly for asking, but I haven't been on the forum for a couple of weeks...

Who is C.M. ???? :blushing:

I was stumped for a minute or two myself. I think it's Jodi=Convicted Murderer

Sleuths decided not to give her name att'n or honor her and chose C.M. as a shorthand that felt just right. I wasn't part of that decision but I definitely went along with it. In fact, I like it better than ICA for Casey Anthony.

I look at the antiques in my mother's home and they all tell a story. Most of them are family heirlooms. My mother has given me a table that has burn marks from those big coffee pots on it that the Union soldiers made when they came through North Carolina and stayed in my ancestors home. There are pictures galore of my great grandparents and grandparents. And there is a wall with pictures of me and my 3 siblings. One is of my brother which is the last portrait made of him, when he was a sophomore at Duke. There is a serenity here with a lot of memories. Home will always be where my mother is.

Zuri, treasure every moment with your Mom. Call and visit her often.... and then visit her some more. Memorize all of the old stories she must have filed away in her mind. Listen intently when she speaks even though you may have heard the story a hundred times. Last week it was 3 years since I lost my Mama and I couldn't get out of bed all week. I only got up today because my cats need food.

Sorry to be such a sad sack. I better get out of here so I can shower and get my crying over with before it's too late to go to the store. :facepalm: Ya'll take care and smile at a stranger at least once today. It might be just what they need to get through the day.

For you Dexter fans. How do you think it will end?

I have no spoilers, but I think the doctor is mean and cunning.
She has been part of his life, so very early on.

I think she will kill him and put her best trophy in a glass jar, that part of his brain.

What do you think?

I am a Dexter fan but I just started watching Season 7 (I watch Dexter via Netflix). I watched the 1st 4 episodes of Season last night. I can tell that Hannah and Dexter will hook up and I was wondering how they were going to write Harrison out of show (He is going to Orlando). Who has a baby sitter all hours of the day and night and is always carrying school books.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how Deb handles Dexter's dark side.

Does anyone think that Deb looks like a catfish??? Her looks really bother me.

Good afternoon all!!!

Since we've descended into trivia lately, I'd like to add to that. I miss all of Jennifer Willmott's lovely & beautifully tailored suits. She has the cutest figure & it sets them off perfectly. Juan Martinez also looks great in his suits and wears them well, either casually or formally. The fashion dictum that it is tall, svelte people who look good in suits is sure disproved by these two. It is fit that makes all the difference.

Since we've descended into trivia lately, I'd like to add to that. I miss all of Jennifer Willmott's lovely & beautifully tailored suits. She has the cutest figure & it sets them off perfectly. Juan Martinez also looks great in his suits and wears them well, either casually or formally. The fashion dictum that it is tall, svelte people who look good in suits is sure disproved by these two. It is fit that makes all the difference.

Yeah, I used to mutter to myself about how J. Wilmott was gonna bust a seam on those tight skirts... Truth is, I wish I had her cute figure and a butt nice enough to show off like that. Well, I used to up until I was about 40, so take that Jennifer Willmott. :)

I'm a little late in watching JA's interrogation with Flores. I was much too annoyed to watch it during trial. All I can say is omg, OMG, Oh My GOD!

I had thought all along that Travis did not know that JA was going to visit him that fateful day. Watching these videos only makes it even more clear that he did not know. Flores asks JA so many times only to be met with long, long moments of silence. At that time before lawyers and trials and all that stuff she would have consistently said 'Yes, he knew I was coming' without any hesitation at all...had that been the truth. Her saying 'it's so hard' to talk about that topic only confirms for me that JA had a devious plan which involved surprising Travis with her visit.

Poor, poor Travis. Rest in peace sweet boy.

This is fascinating! I was only given a first name and had to wait 30 years to get a monogram. I still razz my southern mother about that. In elementary school, I pretended I was Catholic so I could get a confirmation name like the other girls in my class. I was Lutheran. I think I came up with Michele. I don't know if there is a saint named Michele but as a child wanting to fit in, that is what I said.
My children all have family surnames as middle names. I wanted my heritage represented since their last name is my married name. My children told me that their peers thought they were royalty because of their middle names.:floorlaugh:

This is silly, but true. I wanted the confirmation name Candy. I am pretty sure there is no Saint Candy in the universe. :floorlaugh: Hey - it was seventh grade. Unfortunately, confirmation class conflicted with The Monkees on tv. I was weak - I chose The Monkees.

This is silly, but true. I wanted the confirmation name Candy. I am pretty sure there is no Saint Candy in the universe. :floorlaugh: Hey - it was seventh grade. Unfortunately, confirmation class conflicted with The Monkees on tv. I was weak - I chose The Monkees.

I loved the Monkees! Had the worst 10 year old's crush on Davey! Now I've got that song stuck in my head...."hey, hey we're the Monkees"... :floorlaugh:

ETA: My dad liked that show about as much as he liked the Brady Bunch and Batman. :floorlaugh:

I adore Joe Biden. I am sure Jill must be a lovely person, too.

:seeya:

I am so glad to hear that you like Joe. Politics aside, he is a really great dad and grandfather. He takes an interest in young people and is genuinely interested to hear what they have to say. Jill is one of the loveliest people I know. She has never craved the limelight and has always been real. She has class and style and is incredibly kind. I am lucky to call her friend.

No matter what happens with the penalty phase of the CM's trial, I take satisfaction in the fact that she will grow old in prison. What little looks she has left will fade, and she'll just be another prison hag like Leslie Van Houten, and Diane Downs. CA might have gotten an aquittal, but she has a life sentence as a pariah. Her looks too will fade by the time she can freely move around in public without the stares and whispers that will follow her.

I am so glad to hear that you like Joe. Politics aside, he is a really great dad and grandfather. He takes an interest in young people and is genuinely interested to hear what they have to say. Jill is one of the loveliest people I know. She has never craved the limelight and has always been real. She has class and style and is incredibly kind. I am lucky to call her friend.

That is so cool that you're friends with the Biden's! Do you see her regularly?

I don't know anyone famous. Unless you count hanging out with the son of Lenny Breau for a while when I was really young. If you don't know who Lenny Breau is google him, he was a genius on guitar. He met a very tragic end.

Lenny Breau - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Genius of Lenny Breau Excerpt 01 - YouTube

[video=youtube;TZKUcGTmvos]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZKUcGTmvos[/video]

BTW, he named his son "Chet" after Chet Atkins.

And IIRC he taught himself.....no lessons.

Evening everyone. :seeya:
What's going on?
Hey, M- how are you doing? How did it go yesterday? Ready for the rest of your wonderful life? Start making plans, girl. :rockon:

Popping in real quick to say hi :seeya:

Watching the latest Amanda Bynes news...I feel bad for the girl. I'm not familiar with her work, and I've only heard bits and pieces about her drama but she clearly needs some help. Can't believe she's 27...looks like a little girl.

If you need a laugh check out this link...
http://www.buzzfeed.com/paws/awkward-cat-sleeping-positions

Evening everyone. :seeya:
What's going on?
Hey, M- how are you doing? How did it go yesterday? Ready for the rest of your wonderful life? Start making plans, girl. :rockon:

I just adore you :heartbeat:

I'm hanging in there...one day at a time, right?

Time for more funnies:
Dress Of Love

An old woman went to visit her daughter and she found her naked, waiting for her husband.
The mother asks the daughter: "what are you doing naked?" The daughter responds: "This is the dress of love."
When the mother returns home, She strips naked and waits for her husband.
When her husband arrives, he asks her: "what are you doing naked, woman?"
She responds: "This is the dress of love."
And he said to her: "Well, go iron it."

Grandma's Birth Control Pills

After working most of her life Grandma finally retired. At her next checkup, the new doctor told her to bring a list of all the medicines that had been prescribed for her.

As the young doctor was looking through these, his eyes grew wide as he realized she had a prescription for birth control pills. "Mrs. Smith, do you realize these are BIRTH CONTROL pills?"

Yes, they help me sleep at night. "

"Mrs. Smith, I assure you there is absolutely NOTHING in these that could possibly help you sleep!

She reached out and patted the young Doctor's knee. "Yes, dear, I know that. But every morning, I grind one up and mix it in the glass of orange juice that my 16 year old granddaughter drinks . . . and believe me, it helps me sleep at night. "

Parking Ticket

'Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their days interesting. Well, for example, the other day the wife and I went into town and went into a shop. We were only in there for about 5 minutes. When we came out, there was a cop writing out a parking ticket.

We went up to him and I said, 'Come on man, how about giving a senior citizen a break?' He ignored us and continued writing the ticket. I called him a Dumb a$$. He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having worn tires.

So Dawn called him a sh$$head. He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he started writing a third ticket. This went on for about 20 minutes. The more we abused him, the more tickets he wrote.

Just then our bus arrived.

Social Security

After retiring, a man went to the Social Security office to apply for Social Security.
The woman behind the counter asked him for his driver's license to verify his age. He looked in his pockets and realized he had left his wallet at home. He told the woman that he was very sorry, but he would have to go home and come back later.

The woman said, "Unbutton your shirt." So he opened his shirt revealing his curly silver hair.
She said, "That silver hair on your chest is proof enough for me," and she processed his Social Security application.
When he got home, he excitedly told his wife about his experience at the Social Security office.
She said, "You should have dropped your pants... you might have gotten Disability."

New Hearing Aid

Seems an elderly gentleman had serious hearing problems for a number of years.
He went to the doctor and the doctor was able to have him fitted for a set of hearing aids that allowed the gentleman to hear 100%.
The elderly gentleman went back in a month to the doctor and the doctor said, "Your hearing is perfect. Your family must be really pleased that you can hear again."
To which the gentleman said, "Oh, I haven't told my family yet. I just sit around and listen to the conversations. I done changed my will three times!"

Letter To God

A little boy wanted $100.00 very badly and prayed for weeks, but nothing happened.
Then he decided to write God a letter requesting the $100.00.
When the postal authorities received the letter to God , USA , they decided to send it to the President.
The president was so amused that he instructed his secretary to send the little boy a $ 5.00 bill.
The president thought this would appear to be a lot of money to a little boy.
The little boy was delighted with the $5.00 bill and sat down to write a thank-you note to God, which read:

Dear God:
Thank you very much for sending the money. However, I noticed that for some reason you sent it through Washington D.C. and those %&#*& took $95.00 in taxes.

Watching the latest Amanda Bynes news...I feel bad for the girl. I'm not familiar with her work, and I've only heard bits and pieces about her drama but she clearly needs some help. Can't believe she's 27...looks like a little girl.

I feel bad for her too. She's doing a total Britany Spears meltdown. Her and Justin Bieber are both headed for trouble if someone doesn't step in. Where are the parents? I admire Britany's dad for stepping in and turning her life around. Hope someone steps in for the other two.

BBM :floorlaugh: I can't decide which was funnier. :floorlaugh:

Who is Amanda Bynes? and why I should care, please tell.

I feel bad for her too. She's doing a total Britany Spears meltdown. Her and Justin Bieber are both headed for trouble if someone doesn't step in. Where are the parents? I admire Britany's dad for stepping in and turning her life around. Hope someone steps in for the other two.

I agree about Bieber as well. He performed here in Des Moines a few weeks ago and his fans had to wait an hour before he appeared on stage. I think he's a trainwreck in the making.

Kudos to Brittany's dad for sure. She seems to be doing ok now.

Zuri, I love your quote from last night so much that I put it in my signature. Is that ok? Do I need to do it differently or give you credit? Not sure how that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member