SIDEBAR #17- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We love mini Schnauzers. We had our first for 14+ years. He was on the small side, only 14 lbs., but a very good little dog who we loved dearly. Then when we tragically lost him, it took several months for me to research and find our new Schnauzer baby, who is now 4 years old and 22 lbs.

I'm actually not sure there would ever be another breed that would fit us as well as the Schnauzer breed does. Our boy is energetic and playful, yet is also not hyper at all, is protective but not an unnecessary barker, is affectionate, and has a sweet and loving personality. While he is our "little boy" he is also our "good dog". He is the best of both. Another plus, he doesn't shed. :)

I keep thinking we might get another dog as a companion for him, so am wondering whether to stay within the breed, or, if not, what other breed might be an option.

Btw, I love the dog talk. :)

I just love my baby girl mini Schnauzer, The Queen. I also like that she doesn't shed- the cat hair is enough for me :banghead:. The Queen is very protective of her "territory" (like me and "our" bedroom. :floorlaugh:). She is very stubborn and sometimes won't listen, so we can't let her roam on own without being on a leash- she'll run after any animal/bird/insect etc. and we're afraid she'll get into an accident. But, she's a mush-mush and loves to cuddle- and a licker of feet and hands :floorlaugh:.

I just love my baby girl mini Schnauzer, The Queen. I also like that she doesn't shed- the cat hair is enough for me :banghead:. The Queen is very protective of her "territory" (like me and "our" bedroom. :floorlaugh:). She is very stubborn and sometimes won't listen, so we can't let her roam on own without being on a leash- she'll run after any animal/bird/insect etc. and we're afraid she'll get into an accident. But, she's a mush-mush and loves to cuddle- and a licker of feet and hands :floorlaugh:.

I seriously don't think I have never known of a Schnauzer who could overcome those strong hunting/tracking instincts. Our first Schnauzer was really terrible about bolting. He was fine if he was within 10 feet or so of us, but then he would take off and be gone for an hour or more at a time if we couldn't track him down. He would not come back when we called him until he got ready, obstinate little thing he was.

Our boy now, will bolt also if he sees a cat or a squirrel. This has happened twice due to his collar being defective, so I had to switch to another collar.
He has had better training and responds better to commands, so did come back to us within a couple minutes once, and within a few minutes the second time when he realized his prey has escaped him. :facepalm: Still not very reassuring though, as it would take only one dart into the street for it to all be over with. :(

And yes, ours is also a lover, loves kisses and cuddling. He's also very sensitive. We rarely even reprimand him, and the few times we have, it is not in a harsh way, but he will skulk of to his bed and then sit there and peek out at us. I swear he's pouting, lol.

I seriously don't think I have never known of a Schnauzer who could overcome those strong hunting/tracking instincts. Our first Schnauzer was really terrible about bolting. He was fine if he was within 10 feet or so of us, but then he would take off and be gone for an hour or more at a time if we couldn't track him down. He would not come back when we called him until he got ready, obstinate little thing he was.

Our boy now, will bolt also if he sees a cat or a squirrel. This has happened twice due to his collar being defective, so I had to switch to another collar.
He has had better training and responds better to commands, so did come back to us within a couple minutes once, and within a few minutes the second time when he realized his prey has escaped him. :facepalm: Still not very reassuring though, as it would take only one dart into the street for it to all be over with. :(

And yes, ours is also a lover, loves kisses and cuddling. He's also very sensitive. We rarely even reprimand him, and the few times we have, it is not in a harsh way, but he will skulk of to his bed and then sit there and peek out at us. I swear he's pouting, lol.

BBM She's the same- very sensitive. I rarely yell at her because the look on her face is so pitiful, with her ears back and her head down. It's almost like she saying, "what? but I'm a good girl and didn't do anything wrong- really" :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:
She's my baby girl :blushing: (I have 2 sons :facepalm:).

Sleuthers, I saw on the Drudge Report last night a short article on Donavan Bering and that she has been denied something about her parole. I was just skimming the topics and went back less than five minutes later to read it, and it was gone. Does someone here want to check court records? I'm guessing she was denied a request to end her parole. :)

Sleuthers, I saw on the Drudge Report last night a short article on Donavan Bering and that she has been denied something about her parole. I was just skimming the topics and went back less than five minutes later to read it, and it was gone. Does someone here want to check court records? I'm guessing she was denied a request to end her parole. :)

The minutes denying her request for release from probation can be read here http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/082013/m5896342.pdf

So this would seem to mean that she is still prohibited from contact with CMJA.

German Shephard.....husband used to have one and wants to join the police K-9 unit so we are trying to find a good breeder. I will always love golden retrievers though!

Molly, I bred my male and female twice, that's my limit. My dogs are family and I won't over breed. Below is some pictures of them both and a pup. I won't have any dog but a GSD. :)

Blade

Blade and Xena

One of their puppy's :)

Please tell me that, that didn't blow the margins? It didn't on my pc....

Molly, I bred my male and female twice, that's my limit. My dogs are family and I won't over breed. Below is some pictures of them both and a pup. I won't have any dog but a GSD. :)

Blade

Blade and Xena

One of their puppy's :)

Beautiful dogs, Tulessa .

Let me post a pic of the most beautiful pup of all! BRB!! Thanks Yes gf :)

I don't think it would be bias. I mean if missy was Catholic or Jewish, would that mean she couldn't have any Catholics or Jewish people on the jury? There are a lot of Mormons in Utah and it is a valid religion and not "wacko", IMO. Grasping straws, IMO for missy at any rate. :jail:
I looked up her so-called "bookclub" and found the following info:

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...-reading-in-prison-launches-book-club-website
and her so-called "website":

http://www.jodispage.com/
I just don't understand anyone who would help her :scared:. I mean, she's a convicted murderer! What is wrong with these people!!! :stormingmad:
Thank goodness she's where she suppose to be :jail:, but I wish there was a way to shut her up!!!!-( if it is in fact her musings and not someone who wants to aggravate the case).
BBM
Please allow me to clarify... After rereading my post I realize it sounded as if I was calling Mormons wacko, etc. I don't, at all, think main stream Mormonism is wacko, or a cult... What I meant was she may use the Mormons are wacko defense, and that TA (and his religion, cult) abused her, etc... She was a victim, blah, blah, blah... And, therefore, wants any Mormons struck who could say, "wait a minute, she's misrepresenting our religion and who we are, and who TA is."

I'm sure she doesn't want Mormons on this jury, and is hoping, needing them off so she can try to get away with lying, manipulating, bashing TA and his religion, playing victim, and all that stuff she thinks she does so well... :facepalm: What else does she have to defend herself? Nada, imo... All she can do is lie and manipulate. There's not one redeeming quality I can come up with for this heartless killer...

Sorry if my original post insulted anyone, and for not making myself clear first time around... :waitasec:
All jmo.

Tell older son you're ready for grandchildren :rockon:

Evening daisy. :seeya:
We finally caught up with each other :floorlaugh:
You know already that he doesn't know if he wants any children.
What's that new avatar? Is that you at your house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babycakes15