SIDEBAR #24- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeling pretty yucky with a stuffy nose and chest congestion, and nasty cough. By golly, Y/N .... You perked me right up! :floorlaugh: :facepalm: :floorlaugh:

I should have put a "creepy crawlie" warning on it!:floorlaugh:
Shadoe has several stores and collectors that buy them. The vinyl platforms are made by Kidrobot, and are called "munnies", "trikkies", "labbits", foomies", "raffies", and "dunnies". Shadoe uses Sculpey to build on the platform to create his own creatures. Some become "one of a kind", and others he makes into a series with 6 different creatures. The "series" pieces he casts from the originals, and paints.
They're basically what he's using for seed money/kick starter to get his ceramics into production. He was able to do a lot of custom work at school because he had full access to their kilns.
I guess what sets him apart is his style..........and all the creature heads, whether vinyl or ceramic, are, er, anatomically correct.:facepalm:

He has a decent following in the US, Canada, Europe, Japan, and Brazil. He still has 7 custom pieces he has to finish from a year ago..............yep, he has a waiting list!

Was it worth the Parent Plus Loans and $$$ spent on him to achieve his passion?

Yep.

Just glad he gave up on being a "Beaver" or a "Skate Board Pro"...the "beaver" was what he thought his dad and I were when we did landscaping. We had a few Eager Beaver chain saws we used for palm tree trimming, guess he identified with the logo!:floorlaugh:
WLOCKdoom_chainsawbeaver_h.jpg

They are similar to the Disney "Vinylmation" creations, yes?
They are so cute :)

Feeling pretty yucky with a stuffy nose and chest congestion, and nasty cough. By golly, Y/N .... You perked me right up! :floorlaugh: :facepalm: :floorlaugh:

Feel better, Spellbound. :seeya:

"So-Called Healthy Foods You Should Actually Avoid

https://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/called-healthy-foods-actually-avoid-153900036.html

Maybe we should take up "Soylent" food:

"THE END OF FOOD: Has a tech entrepreneur come up with a product to replace our meals?

He took a break from experimenting with software and studied textbooks on nutritional biochemistry and the Web sites of the F.D.A., the U.S.D.A., and the Institute of Medicine. Eventually, Rhinehart compiled a list of thirty-five nutrients required for survival. Then, instead of heading to the grocery store, he ordered them off the Internet—mostly in powder or pill form—and poured everything into a blender, with some water. The result, a slurry of chemicals, looked like gooey lemonade. Then, he told me, “I started living on it.” Rhinehart called his potion Soylent,...."

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2014/05/12/140512fa_fact_widdicombe?currentPage=all

"How I Stopped Eating Food:

http://robrhinehart.com/?p=298

No food!!!....:scared::scared::scared:

:bigstick:....:bigstick: for posting that snake!!! Scared me half to death! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I'm going to be :computer: when I click the next page. :floorlaugh:

Those creature heads are so cute. What is your son going to do with them?

----------

Hi, There is one thing I truly detest~ snakes! I actually feel sick when I see as much as a picture of one! (I didnt look.) My son had a garden snake named Orville. He got loose in the HOUSE!! no need to ask who found him.:scared: :seeya:

I was standing outside in my garden one day about to order Pizza. I went like this 'I'd like to order a....SNAKE!?!!' I had just seen a Cobra a few feet away from me. I ran back to the house while explaining to the Pizza lady that, no, I didn't want to order a snake but had just seen one! The snake guy came to the rescue an hour later...

Snakes are creepy but alligators even more so. I pity those who live in Florida! Reptiles of any sort = :scared::scared:

A remarkable woman:

"Legendary author Maya Angelou dies at age 86

CNN) -- A literary voice revered globally for her poetic command and her commitment to civil rights has fallen silent.
Maya Angelou died at her home in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, on Wednesday, said her literary agent, Helen Brann.
The 86-year-old was a novelist, actress, professor, singer, dancer and activist. In 2010, President Barack Obama awarded her the Medal of Freedom, the country's highest civilian honor."

Maya Angelou - Mini Bio - YouTube

Dr. Maya Angelou - Just Do Right - YouTube

RIP :candle:

Feel better, Spellbound. :seeya:

Ditto from me too!! :wave:

Stealing some of your Funnies, YESorNO!! :loveyou:

Watching the French Open - Serena is out in the 2nd round...

Beautiful weather here in the foothills!!! The physical therapist yesterday, had me "sort of" walking without a cane!!! :great: Also some exercises to do cause my back hurts when I wake up (from sleeping on my back!) - so my sciatic doesn't come back! It sure helps!

Have a great day everyone! :seeya:

You sound like this is a good day, Niner! Enjoy it.

Wow, Bernina- that's so neat that your son is making those little creature thingys (is that a group of nuns that I see on the right- towards the back?).

How did he happen to come up with such an idea?

I can only guess!:floorlaugh: His favorite movies as a kid were "The Princess Bride", "Willow", and "Beetlejuice". He was into Ninja Turtles, Pokemon and Beanie Babies. He was fascinated with the illustrations of Edward Gorey (I have "Amphigorey" and "Amphigorey Too" on my book shelf) and the creative genius of Tim Burton. Because he had ADD, I created a reward system for him when he "kept on task", whether it be school, homework, or chores. The reward was a "Goosebump" book. He ended up with the entire collection.
Add to that, a father who taught him martial arts, a Native American Indian influence on spirituality and reverence of Nature, and being surrounded by tons of different types of animals............................IDK!:facepalm:

I can only guess!:floorlaugh: His favorite movies as a kid were "The Princess Bride", "Willow", and "Beetlejuice". He was into Ninja Turtles, Pokemon and Beanie Babies. He was fascinated with the illustrations of Edward Gorey (I have "Amphigorey" and "Amphigorey Too" on my book shelf) and the creative genius of Tim Burton. Because he had ADD, I created a reward system for him when he "kept on task", whether it be school, homework, or chores. The reward was a "Goosebump" book. He ended up with the entire collection.
Add to that, a father who taught him martial arts, a Native American Indian influence on spirituality and reverence of Nature, and being surrounded by tons of different types of animals............................IDK!:facepalm:

It's wonderful that he is doing something that he likes and doing it so well, too.

:seeya: from one mother of an ADD child to another.

missy :jail: has made the pages of Murderpedia: :congrats:

http://murderpedia.org/female.A/a/arias-jodi.htm

She must be so proud. :aktion1:

DANG!!!! Did you see the amount of books that are written about her?!?!?!

:banghead: NOT worth reading! Saw the trial, good enough for me! Her multiple weeks on the stand were all I needed to know about CMJA.:scared:

Psst: Son found another :snake: this morning, I won't post the pic! :floorlaugh: I will honor the sensibilities of this fine group and I promise to behave! :blushing:

I only read Shanna Hogan's and it was just okay. I wanted to hear more about Travis and less about Arias, though.

Goosebumps....yes! I tried to get my kids interested and they barely looked at them. Too bad you and your son weren't my neighbors. I rather like his tastes.

I read Shana. Hogan's book and was very disappointed.

DANG!!!! Did you see the amount of books that are written about her?!?!?!

:banghead: NOT worth reading! Saw the trial, good enough for me! Her multiple weeks on the stand were all I needed to know about CMJA.:scared:

Psst: Son found another :snake: this morning, I won't post the pic! :floorlaugh: I will honor the sensibilities of this fine group and I promise to behave! :blushing:

I won't read any book about missy :jail: either- except if JM is the author. :loveyou:

You better not post those nasty snakes or you'll get another :bigstick: from me. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Goosebumps....yes! I tried to get my kids interested and they barely looked at them. Too bad you and your son weren't my neighbors. I rather like his tastes.

I read Shana. Hogan's book and was very disappointed.

I think we all know enough about missy :jail: to last us a lifetime and more. We even know what her tu-tu looks like :sick:- God spare us. :sigh:

Ditto from me too!! :wave:

Stealing some of your Funnies, YESorNO!! :loveyou:

Watching the French Open - Serena is out in the 2nd round...

Beautiful weather here in the foothills!!! The physical therapist yesterday, had me "sort of" walking without a cane!!! :great: Also some exercises to do cause my back hurts when I wake up (from sleeping on my back!) - so my sciatic doesn't come back! It sure helps!

Have a great day everyone! :seeya:

Serena and Venus BOTH out....and Na Li & Wawrinka (Aust. Open winners) both out!
I am not a huge tennis fan, but in recent years I have been watching the Grand Slam events. I think I am just hooked on any form of tournament play!
Can't wait for the World Cup in Brazil....:dance:

I'm still reading Elliot Roger's manifesto.

I seem to have gotten bogged down when he gets to the 18-20 year mark- his repetitious misogynist stance against all women was disturbing to read. His feelings of entitlement to sex and female attention was ridiculous, IMO. He was a deranged lunatic. I found I needed constant "breaks" from reading it. I still want to finish it, tho'.

Of course, my need to try to understand what the heck is up with this person is what drives me to read more.

I felt he had some kind of delusional disorder, where a person cannot tell what is real from what is imagined-a real misinterpretation of perceptions and experiences. In reality, however, the situations are probably either not true at all or highly exaggerated. He never really approach a women to actually talk to them!! He wanted women to make all the "moves" towards him and fall at his feet! He fantasized about sex a lot, but maybe that's what young men think about all the time. What's really unbelievable was his unreasonable expectations, with no real input from himself. What delusions of grandeur he had. He believed he was destined for great things and thought he was magnificent- unbelievable!!

And yet, he had a lot of feelings of worthlessness and feelings of being a lonely, unwanted outcast.

He reminded me of the other college mass murderer, Seung-Hui Cho at Virginia Tech in 2007- do you remember him? So I Googled him:
----

"Fellow students described Cho as a "quiet" person who "would not respond if someone greeted him." Student Julie Poole recalled the first day of a literature class the previous year when the students introduced themselves one by one. When it was Cho's turn to introduce himself, he did not speak. According to Poole, the professor looked at the sign-in sheet and found that, whereas everyone else had written out their names, Cho had written only a question mark. Poole added that "we just really knew him as the question mark kid".

Motive
During the investigation, the police found a note in Cho's room that in which he criticized "rich kids," "debauchery" and "deceitful charlatans." In the note, Cho continued by saying that "you caused me to do this." Early reports also speculated that Cho was obsessed with fellow student Emily Hilscher and became enraged after his romantic overtures were rejected. Law enforcement investigators could not find evidence that Hilscher knew Cho. Cho and one of his victims, Ross Alameddine, attended the same English class during Autumn 2006."

He had a manifesto, also.

"Contents

"In his manifesto, Cho mentioned the Columbine killers Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold with respect and denigrated former teachers John Mark Karr and Debra Lafave. In one of the videos, Cho said:

'I didn’t have to do this. I could have left. I could have fled. But no, I will no longer run. It’s not for me. For my children, for my brothers and sisters that you *advertiser censored**ed, I did it for them… When the time came, I did it. I had to.' ”

http://murderpedia.org/male.C/c/cho-seung-hui.htm

"MASS KILLER CHO'S INSANE 'MANIFESTO'

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mass-killer-chos-insane-manifesto-468306
-----

I found an article in the Journal Of The American Academy Of Psychiatry And the law Online that explains these types of mass murderers. Very interesting, IMO, if you are interested:

"The “Pseudocommando” Mass Murderer: Part I, The Psychology of
Revenge and Obliteration

The pseudocommando is a type of mass murderer who kills in public during the daytime, plans his offense well in advance, and comes prepared with a powerful arsenal of weapons. He has no escape planned and expects to be killed during the incident. Research suggests that the pseudocommando is driven by strong feelings of anger and resentment, flowing from beliefs about being persecuted or grossly mistreated. He views himself as carrying out
a highly personal agenda of payback. Some mass murderers take special steps to send a final communication to the public or news media; these communications, to date, have received little detailed analysis. An offender’s use of language may reveal important data about his state of mind, motivation, and psychopathology.
Part I of this article reviews the research on the pseudocommando, as well as the psychology of revenge, with special attention to revenge fantasies. It is argued that revenge fantasies become the last refuge for the pseudocommando’s mortally wounded self-esteem and ultimately enable him to commit mass murder-suicide."

http://www.jaapl.org/content/38/1/87.full.pdf+html

"The “Pseudocommando” Mass Murderer: Part II, The Language of Revenge

In Part II of this article, forensic psycholinguistic analysis is applied to clarify the primary motivations, detect the presence of mental illness, and discern important individual differences in the final communications of two recent pseudocommandos: Seung-Hui Cho (Virginia Tech) and Jiverly Wong (Binghamton, NY). Although both men committed offenses that qualify them as pseudocommandos, their final communications reveal striking differences in their psychopathology."

http://www.jaapl.org/content/38/2/263.full
-----------
Found another article about his parents and family life. Thought this was interesting- about where he lived in Santa Barbara:

"He was diagnosed at an earlier age with Asperger's Syndrome, a high-functioning form of autism meaning he had difficulties with social interaction.
Rodger was living with roommates at the Independent Living Institute in Santa Barbara, a facility that offers 'living skills instruction to help adults with disabilities to live more independently in their communities,' according to the website."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...owing-revenge-against-women-rejected-him.html
-------------------------------------

It seems to me that all these murderers always blame someone else- it's never their fault!

Manifesto - Who the heck do they think they are, anyway?( Sounds like someone we know) Pftttt! :aktion1:

When I first heard of Elliot Rodger, I thought of Seung-Hui Cho too. I saw both Rodger and Cho's video and they are quite similar. However, Cho sounds angrier than Rodger. This despite the fact that Rodger is consumed by rage like Cho. He also reminds me of Andrew Cunanan, Adam Lanza, Lori Drew, and Jodi Arias. They are highly narcissistic and envious in nature mixed with extreme resentment. Cho, Lanza, Cunanan, Drew, and Arias are constant complainers who are always unhappy and like it when people are unhappy. When things go wrong, they explode.

What a guy, Bernina! And, of course, he had YOU as his mama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141