DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
th

:rose: :rose::rose: Justice for Travis :rose: :rose::rose:

:seeya: And Good Morning Y'all !

I am curious...

Anyone here this morning think that if they go through the penalty phase again, that JA will just get LWOP?

Yes, it is possible ... but WHAT is even more scarier is IF JSS has to sentence her, which means the POSSIBILITY of 25 years :gaah:

Does anyone think the jury will feel sorry for her?

Not the entire jury - but maybe 1 or more jurors ...

:gaah: IMO, that is what happened during the last Penalty Phase -- jury foreman ...

Does anyone here think she will really get death?

If anyone deserves it, she does !

Does anyone think it will go faster without cameras in the courtroom?

Nope ... :dramaqueen: will delay delay and delay !

Is anyone as upset as I am that we won't have transparency this time and can't see the trial for ourselves when we are vested in the outcome?

Yes ... I want to see Juan in action ... of course, don't want to miss JA make an absolute a$$ out of herself !

:seeya:

My :twocents: are in red above ... And good questions !

Dog gone cute,
:seeya: Thanks for your answers. I guess we will have to watch reruns of trial one to see Juan in action. He is so good. I just hate to think we will miss him. Seeing him questioning the killer during the penalty phase ought to be good. Hoping jury selection won't provide another person like that foreman. I don't understand his logic to this day. I can't see JSS really giving JA only 25 to life. (Unless maybe JA got to her too. :thinking: You never know)

I am curious...Anyone here this morning think that if they go through the penalty phase again, that JA will just get LWOP? Does anyone think the jury will feel sorry for her? Does anyone here think she will really get death? Does anyone think it will go faster without cameras in the courtroom? Is anyone as upset as I am that we won't have transparency this time and can't see the trial for ourselves when we are vested in the outcome?

Depends on the jury! If we have 12 jurors who think like us then she'll get death! Going through comments on the 'State versus JA' facebook page it seems as though there are plenty of people (including those in Arizona) who believe she should get the death penalty.

I really want to watch the rest of the trial live every day. I still have hope though. If Jodi requests it then how can the Judge refuse?

Dog gone cute,
:seeya: Thanks for your answers. I guess we will have to watch reruns of trial one to see Juan in action. He is so good. I just hate to think we will miss him. Seeing him questioning the killer during the penalty phase ought to be good. Hoping jury selection won't provide another person like that foreman. I don't understand his logic to this day. I can't see JSS really giving JA only 25 to life. (Unless maybe JA got to her too. :thinking: You never know)

:seeya: CII, and you're welcome !

Speaking of Juan, last night I had the tv on a channel that was airing old episodes of Snapped.

Well, I wasn't paying a lot of attention as I was on the computer. But then I heard a familiar voice ... and it was Juan ! It was the episode on Wendy Andriano [sp].

Juan is brilliant and I just hate to miss him action against JA !

:moo:

I guess I am fighting a lonely battle here, wishing for cameras in the courtroom. Guess we won't have much to discuss here if we can't see what is going on. If the trial is long, by the time it is over, our interest will wane and once I know the end of the trial, I won't much care to go back and watch. Bummer. Like reading the ending of a book first. No thanks.

You are not alone as I too want cameras and hope the judge ends up giving at least a short delay for cameras instead of not at all.

But even if no cameras, I think there will be news reporters summing up each day of the case and so maybe we can still discuss based on daily writeups by news people or others who may be attending the trial.

I dont want to give Jodi a platform for her narcism but my desire to see this outweighs that by a long shot. I want to see her fall on her face and be laughed out of the courtroom each day.

You are not alone as I too want cameras and hope the judge ends up giving at least a short delay for cameras instead of not at all.

But even if no cameras, I think there will be news reporters summing up each day of the case and so maybe we can still discuss based on daily writeups by news people or others who may be attending the trial.

I dont want to give Jodi a platform for her narcism but my desire to see this outweighs that by a long shot. I want to see her fall on her face and be laughed out of the courtroom each day.

:seeya: Hi Hatfield !

BBM: I keep hoping for cameras because I do NOT rely on these news reporters to sum up what happened in court as journalists, IMO, tend to be "biased" and many times incorrect.

:gaah: And besides HLN, who else will be giving daily updates on the trial ?

:gaah: I don't like to say this, but I think the only hope for cameras is the :dramaqueen: herself !

I guess I am fighting a lonely battle here, wishing for cameras in the courtroom. Guess we won't have much to discuss here if we can't see what is going on. If the trial is long, by the time it is over, our interest will wane and once I know the end of the trial, I won't much care to go back and watch. Bummer. Like reading the ending of a book first. No thanks.

Oh, no, you're not alone in that battle, Curious. I'm seriously annoyed that we won't get to see the trial live. Most people aren't going to go back and watch the trial on You Tube after they know what the sentence is -- reading a book after you know the ending is a perfect analogy. So pretty much what people are going to get is the sound bites.

However, I think the request to keep the cameras out was a strategy of Nurmi and Wilmott's, all about the circus atmosphere and how witnesses were afraid to testify. Now that Jodi doesn't have to listen to them anymore, I think there's a very slight glimmer of hope that she'll bring back the cameras so she can have a bigger stage to perform on.

Personally, I think she's going to get LWOP. I have a hard time picturing a jury giving her the DP without having seen all the evidence at trial. But that's JMO.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T ! As in past sessions, so it will be in this new penalty phase, the missing element in the killer's presentation to the court. Conspicuously missing. Only this time, she will be conducting, if she is granted the privilege of continuing in her new rôle. Detective Flores, Dr. Horn, Prosecutor Martinez, her attorneys, all objects of her scorn, disdain and disrespect.

Court protocol requires the decency of respect, which she has failed to learn in her thirty-four years. Contrariwise, she complains instead of the way others treat her, neglecting to note there is a difference in footing between her and these other individuals because of the brutal, savage acts she committed. What she demands is strangely disconnected from what she has done and its consequences. Her expectations are astounding and the social media sycophants, with their "Jodi Is Innocent" banner only delude and rouse her further. They support and encourage her delusions about who she is and what she has done, drawing a shade over her monstrous crime.

In the olden days, a posse would have hunted her down and taken retribution. Primal justice. That's why she ran. Whatever her tactics and strategy in this sentencing trial, she will not accord others involved the respect owed them because she is heedless of that and not aware it is due. Under urging from advisors, will she attempt to display ​respect? We won't see any such efforts, but if she makes them, they will be as awkward as a prison shackle.

I am curious...Anyone here this morning think that if they go through the penalty phase again, that JA will just get LWOP? Does anyone think the jury will feel sorry for her? Does anyone here think she will really get death? Does anyone think it will go faster without cameras in the courtroom? Is anyone as upset as I am that we won't have transparency this time and can't see the trial for ourselves when we are vested in the outcome?

I don't believe she'll get the death penalty, not sure why, just a feeling. I'm afraid she'll be allowed to manipulate and get away with too much, and if given the opportunity, of course she will lie as that's all she knows.
I really wish they would take the DP off the table, it gives her too much attention, and IMO, more power. She is so detestable, it's time to be rid of her. Just send her to Perryville and throw away the key.

But since she is convicted of Travis' murder, she is not allowed to profit...Doesn't Arizona have some form of the Son of Sam Statute? Where no convicted person should profit from their crimes...

Thank you. So how is it that she can give these items to family/friends and they are selling them?

The law only applies to gain by contract, sale, etc. of items related to the crime itself ( "with respect to the reenactment, description or depiction of a crime" ). The AZ prison actually has a store where inmates sell items they make, with the inmate keeping 75%. The SCOTUS ruled against the original Son of Sam law because it violated 1st amendment rights by being overbroad, and several states have either repealed or replaced theirs to apply only to expressions sold that bear a 'causal relationship' to the actual crime for which they were convicted.

Hmmmmm.... let see what we can find today August 11, 2014 on the 242 day of the year. Get your New Years Eve plans on your radar there are 142

1851 - Issac Singer patented the sewing machine.

1865 - British surgeon Joseph Lister became the first doctor to use an antiseptic during surgery.

1896 - Gold is discovered near Dawson City, Yukon Territory, Canada. After word reaches the United States in June of 1897, thousands of Americans head to the Klondike to seek their fortunes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YFflJCrZtGE

1908 - Henry Ford's first Model T rolls off the assembly line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kzRnZjY82xE

1915 - "Of Human Bondage," by William Somerset Maugham, published

[video=youtube;8g-w5cuWI5o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8g-w5cuWI5o[/video]

1929 - Born on this day, Buck Owens, Jr. American singer and guitarist, who scored twenty number-one hits on the Billboard country music charts, and pioneered what has come to be called the Bakersfield sound’a reference to Bakersfield, California.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=holBS44V5gU

1949 - Born on this day, Mark Knopfler guitar, vocals, Dire Straits, (1985 US No.1 single 'Money For Nothing', 1986 UK No.2 single 'Walk Of Life', 1985 world-wide No.1 album 'Brothers In Arms'), member of Notting Hillbillies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lAD6Obi7Cag

1961 - The erection of the Berlin Wall begins, preventing access between East and West Germany.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szjFKADu69U&feature=player_detailpage

1965 - : Jefferson Airplane make their stage debut, opening San Francisco's' new club The Matrix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Q1cfTMdjkYM

2000 - The Russian military submarine, Kursk, and its crew were lost in the Barents Sea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec-JZnRPxQI&feature=player_detailpage

Depends on the jury! If we have 12 jurors who think like us then she'll get death! Going through comments on the 'State versus JA' facebook page it seems as though there are plenty of people (including those in Arizona) who believe she should get the death penalty.

I really want to watch the rest of the trial live every day. I still have hope though. If Jodi requests it then how can the Judge refuse?

Hi Rose, I hope those comments you are seeing on FB are from people who will be on the jury. But there is the problem. They will be looking for a jurors who haven't heard of this case, never on FB or twitter or other social networking sites. That rules out many people. If you choose jurors from those who don't know about it, will they even be able to make a decision? I would think finding a jury will be tough. If JSS is just fed up and JA requests the cameras, JSS may just refuse.

:seeya: CII, and you're welcome !

Speaking of Juan, last night I had the tv on a channel that was airing old episodes of Snapped.

Well, I wasn't paying a lot of attention as I was on the computer. But then I heard a familiar voice ... and it was Juan ! It was the episode on Wendy Andriano [sp].

Juan is brilliant and I just hate to miss him action against JA !

Speaking of Juan, did the cop who killed the cop out in AZ get sentenced? Thik his name was Hulsey.

Hatfield, I guess we can depend on twitter followers to keep us updated. I don't care one way or the other about Jodi's platform to self exaltation. The joke is on her. I just want to see the trial. And Juan! I wish there was still an In Session so we could see some trials. But then it was mostly commercials and the talking heads giving their opinions. I would like a channel that carries it live...no discussion.

Good morning AZ....LTNS

Can you enlighten me on how the court will bring the evidence to the new set of jurors for the penalty phase..

How does the State/defense present the conviction of murder with cruelty to a new set of jurors...TIA

Evidence will be presented on the circumstances of the offense and on cruelty because the jury will need to weigh that evidence against the mitigation evidence. The jurors will be told of the prior findings, of course, but the evidence will likely be presented to them through witnesses and exhibits. The only other option would be to show them high-quality video of agreed-upon selections of the prior testimony, but that would only happen IMO if both sides agree and if anyone even thinks of the option (the court video would be too crappy; they would have to use the media video).

Thanks so much for your honest answers. Wow. I was sure hoping the judge would change her mind regarding the cameras. Watching from home last year, I didn't notice any circus atmosphere and I believe there could be no appellate issues based on that reason for that trial. Any circus I saw was while JA testified because of her arrogance and non compliance, and that was on her. And the only affect it had on jurors was to her benefit during the penalty phase.

May I ask two more questions and it certainly isn't necessary that you answer right away. Just asking your opinion. 1) if no cameras are allowed do you think trial will proceed faster? 2) why do you believe she won't get the DP, possible juror sympathy because she is handling her own defense?

I don't think the absence of cameras will speed things up much, except of course there won't be repeated motions and hearings asking to kick out the cameras. ;)

I don't think she will get the DP because (1) the new jury will not be as immersed in the evidence about the crime itself as the old jury was, (2) Jodi only needs one juror who pities her because she was (allegedly) abused by Travis...or because she's small and female...or because she was "used" by Travis as many people have said...or because she seems mentally "off"...or so many other things. Just one juror.

The law only applies to gain by contract, sale, etc. of items related to the crime itself ( "with respect to the reenactment, description or depiction of a crime" ). The AZ prison actually has a store where inmates sell items they make, with the inmate keeping 75%. The SCOTUS ruled against the original Son of Sam law because it violated 1st amendment rights by being overbroad, and several states have either repealed or replaced theirs to apply only to expressions sold that bear a 'causal relationship' to the actual crime for which they were convicted.

Exactly. You can't prevent Jodi from selling drawings that have nothing to do with the crime.

Oh, no, you're not alone in that battle, Curious. I'm seriously annoyed that we won't get to see the trial live. Most people aren't going to go back and watch the trial on You Tube after they know what the sentence is -- reading a book after you know the ending is a perfect analogy. So pretty much what people are going to get is the sound bites.

However, I think the request to keep the cameras out was a strategy of Nurmi and Wilmott's, all about the circus atmosphere and how witnesses were afraid to testify. Now that Jodi doesn't have to listen to them anymore, I think there's a very slight glimmer of hope that she'll bring back the cameras so she can have a bigger stage to perform on.

Personally, I think she's going to get LWOP. I have a hard time picturing a jury giving her the DP without having seen all the evidence at trial. But that's JMO.

Hi G&A Mom,
I don't know how but I suspect Juan will update the jury of all Jodi's shenanigans and the horrific way Travis died, for NO reason. But it has been over a year since she was found guilty. That may make it harder for this jury to want to give her death. This stall has sure been for Jodi's benefit

R-E-S-P-E-C-T ! As in past sessions, so it will be in this new penalty phase, the missing element in the killer's presentation to the court. Conspicuously missing. Only this time, she will be conducting, if she is granted the privilege of continuing in her new rôle. Detective Flores, Dr. Horn, Prosecutor Martinez, her attorneys, all objects of her scorn, disdain and disrespect.

Court protocol requires the decency of respect, which she has failed to learn in her thirty-four years. Contrariwise, she complains instead of the way others treat her, neglecting to note there is a difference in footing between her and these other individuals because of the brutal, savage acts she committed. What she demands is strangely disconnected from what she has done and its consequences. Her expectations are astounding and the social media sycophants, with their "Jodi Is Innocent" banner only delude and rouse her further. They support and encourage her delusions about who she is and what she has done, drawing a shade over her monstrous crime.

In the olden days, a posse would have hunted her down and taken retribution. Primal justice. That's why she ran. Whatever her tactics and strategy in this sentencing trial, she will not accord others involved the respect owed them because she is heedless of that and not aware it is due. Under urging from advisors, will she attempt to display ​respect? We won't see any such efforts, but if she makes them, they will be as awkward as a prison shackle.

Tuba, Jodi doesn't know the meaning of respect. She sure didn't have any respect for herself. Just maybe all those supporters of hers will only cause her delusions to become so great that she melts under the pressure at trial. But if that's the case, the jury would likely sentence her to life. She sure didn't melt the first time. I think all those melt downs we have discussed here were planned by Jodi. I think every move she makes is planned, no matter how awkward it comes across. She is unaware of how people truly feel about her, unaware of boundaries, unaware of any genuine feeling.

I don't believe she'll get the death penalty, not sure why, just a feeling. I'm afraid she'll be allowed to manipulate and get away with too much, and if given the opportunity, of course she will lie as that's all she knows.
I really wish they would take the DP off the table, it gives her too much attention, and IMO, more power. She is so detestable, it's time to be rid of her. Just send her to Perryville and throw away the key.

Neesaki, we all feel this way but don't you want to see the trial? I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895