SIDEBAR #3- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Improper argument, among others.

The presumption of innocence belongs to the defendant, especially an UNCHARGED defendant.

Access is not a crime. Awareness of angry messages is not a crime. Murder is not burglary. None of the stolen items cited were found in the defendant's possession nor linked to her. Refusing to steal cash is not a crime, and no proof was offered that the defendant intentionally determined to leave it.

Calling her a burglar and stating without qualification that she had committed a burglary was unproven and without foundation.

Not only was the defendant not conclusively linked to the burglary, she wasn't even charged with the crime.

So Defense counsel effectively stipulates by default that their client stole the alleged murder weapon?

No way.

I maintain that a deal was cut.

I believe the factor here is once JA started murdering Travis.. logically she is not welcome in his home any more - thus making it a burglary. It has nothing to do with theft.

St louis pizza from Talanya's...extremely thin crust with provolone cheese, not mozarella.

What a different trial this could have been if only she'd said she murdered him, she snapped because she was in love with him and he rejected her. She was angry, felt used and tossed away. She was lost, alone and in a dark place. She had been doing some crazy things and it all went out of control. She's deeply sorry, regrets it and wishes she had it all to do over again.

Sadly, she took a different road. Ugh.

It worked for Betty Broderick. I mean she's not on death row after a double homicide, cruelly taking away the children's father. But maybe there was no death penalty available there?

That might have gotten her life with parole if she hadn't tried to save herself by murdering his memory/character with vicious lies.

Can I just make the point that Jodi never loved Travis? She is just a mean, sick human being that was evil before she met Travis. Rejection doesn't make you kill someone or we would all be dead. And you can never love a person like her enough anyway. She just sucks the life out of anyone she meets. She killed because she had a desire to do so.

I had a rare opportunity to speak w Juan Martinez the last day of closings and he said he thought he didn't do as well the second day as the first. My jaw dropped and said "are you kidding me? I had a room full of people in tears today over your closing" and suggested maybe it was cuz Nurmi was so terrible. He then said "well he's not a great orator" to which I responded "it was like watching a gnat up against a bull" which is exactly how I feel re this mitigation.

The likes of those VI statements against a Jodi Arias art show? I just wanna see the looks on their faces, ESP my new fave Trump and someone's gonna have a "b$:(/, please" look. Mark my words. She's going to death row. To me it's a no brainier. I heard their loud and proud "yes's" and saw their faces. They're ready to tie it up. IMO of course.

Gee, I hope nurmi doesn't read this, get his feelings hurt, and file a motion! :floorlaugh:

Alright ... I've heard enough!!

I grew up in NJ ... Been living in Arizona for THIRTY FOUR long-azzed NJ pizzaless years. There is NO OTHER GOOD THIN SLICE SOFT ENOUGH TO FOLD IN HALF WITH ORANGE GREASE DRIPPING DOWN MY ARM PIZZA ANYWHERE BUT NJ AND NEW YORK!!

There. I said it. Yes, I get emotional about my pizza.

Oh and for the record... Please don't gimme no freakin' spinach and sun-dried tomato gourmet crap on my pizza!!

Whew. I feel better.

You can't get pizza any better than that. Pizza is the ONLY thing I love dripping with grease and load it up with garlic. Yummy

Jean C on HLN is giving the DT suggestions on what they can do to show how ja can help the other prisoners...WTF???? Isn't this her last trial? I hope so....I actually prefer JVM to her. :scared::scared: I really think JC might be pro ja or anti DP :banghead::banghead:

She is definitely pro SA. She referred to her as Sandra today and then quickly said Mrs. Arias. Then she proceeded to say she could tell by SA's eyes that she wants to testify on JA's behalf. WHoa.

Mikee has a new video.

[video=youtube;wfP7xuPd-L8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfP7xuPd-L8[/video]

It takes me back to her interrogation. She starts crying and Det. Flores encourages her to spill, as it looks like she might be feeling remorse and on the verge of some honesty. But no, she whines, "I'm just thinking about all the things I'm potentially going to miss out on." That's what we saw yesterday.
Yes, it's all self focus. Haven't seen this mentioned, but I suspect another reason she seemed different the last couple days is the fact that she's been isolated for awhile now. She hasn't had her little inmate fan club and jailhouse lawyers to entertain or listen to. And when she does get to court, her own lawyers basically turn their backs. Only her sad, sick, twisted mind as company. She's seeing her real future play out and there's nothing she can do about it.

Ok just a few questions. I've been skimming to catch up and saw a few things....

1) is it rumor or reported that her "friend" Patti will NOT testify?

2) Juan is bringing a witness to "rebut" the DT witnesses? If so, do we know who?

Thanks!

Amen to that. Maybe his ex is on that already! :)

I hope so!
I actually stayed with the father of our children because of his lack of discernment, among other things. I felt I had to monitor him at all times.
Now, DB is divorced from the mother of his son. I sure hope she is in serious protective mode and hopes she u derstands her sons father is at best easily manipulated, a sucker, and her sons well being is at risk because his dad lacks discernment.
Jmo

What a different trial this could have been if only she'd said she murdered him, she snapped because she was in love with him and he rejected her. She was angry, felt used and tossed away. She was lost, alone and in a dark place. She had been doing some crazy things and it all went out of control. She's deeply sorry, regrets it and wishes she had it all to do over again.

Sadly, she took a different road. Ugh.

Perhaps with the benefit of hindsight she may think so now.

But from the perspective of justice, I don't agree that her defense was "sad".

It will likely land her where she belongs -- on Death Row.

Her actions of premeditation, cover-up, evidence tampering, crime-scene staging, attempted alibi creation and witness tampering, etc. all show that this was nothing remotely like a "snap" scenario.

Although she tried to take jurors down a "different road", they've grabbed the wheel, and thanks to the GPS provided by Juan Martinez, they've swerved the case back into the truth.

Good Morning All! just wondering if anyone else was thinking what I was ...

When I saw Jodi doing the "ugly cry" yesterday ... You know the one where you waaaaaaahhhhh waaaaaaaaahhhhh waaaaaaaaahhhhhh until your eyes are swollen shut and your whole face is pinched up and puffy and red... I turned to my boyfriend and said ..."There is no way she is gonna take the stand today looking like puffy day-old s****that's been heated up in the microwave" ...?

I was figuring she would fake another breakdownmigrainementalmeltdown or whatever ... because yes, I believe she IS that vain.

I thought she was smiling big or laughing behind her hand. Lack of forehead/brow change clued me in!

Katie -what about Juror 1 ? From the videos she seems pretty quiet, not quite as strong - any feeling on her ?

Interesting that you should say that juror #1"Church Lady" had a rather muted answer of "Yes" when the jurors were polled.

I did not notice that. Perhaps I'll have to watch the video again.

The one I noticed as not answering in a strong voice (for the M1 verdict) was juror #16 "Maureen." Because of this, along with other reasons, I remain a little pessimistic that she might be a problem during the death penalty deliberations.

Fortunately, I have KatieCooLady to talk me down from my paranoia. :smile:

Ha ha ha - how about burlap sheets?

Pink sheets aside, I do get satisfaction seeing how short that *mattress* is. Her feet undoubtedly hang off the end & touch the cold steel (unless she sleeps curled up in a ball all night), and that pillow looks like it's seen better days. She probably wakes up with a 'crick' in her neck every morning. The only thing that would give me more satisfaction is if I found out that she hates that shade of pink lol.

Hmmm she should only be allowed space smaller than the damn shower she left Travis in.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Soooooo by this time next week, could the CM be tucked away in her little cell in the Lumley Unit aka DR in Perryville at long last? And not for a good long while, at least till her first appeal will we have to see that evil face again.

Ok just a few questions. I've been skimming to catch up and saw a few things....

1) is it rumor or reported that her "friend" Patti will NOT testify?

2) Juan is bringing a witness to "rebut" the DT witnesses? If so, do we know who?

Thanks!

testament to how horrible pizza is in California (where I now live and console myself with the wonderful produce)

Agree with you on bad yuppie pizza in CA. Try getting good pizza in Montana :floorlaugh:

I can hook ya up with the best non-homemade fried chicken if you're in Southern Cali .....Pioneer Chicken. Its the crispiest yummiest chicken ive ever had at a fast food place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela