DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning to everyone!

Everyday is a day closer.

Okay stupid question!!!
Innocent until proven guilty.
Why can't a death penalty recipient get retroactive time spent in jail to shorten their wait?

I know stfu.... Just asking
People always want retroactive pay
Just not for jail/prison sentencing!!
:confused:

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Okay stupid question!!!
Innocent until proven guilty.
Why can't a death penalty recipient get retroactive time spent in jail to shorten their wait?

I know stfu.... Just asking
People always want retroactive pay
Just not for jail/prison sentencing!!
:confused:

LOL,good question. I have no idea as I have never watched an actual death penalty case that has gone this far. And ever state which has it is different.

Good morning!!

I really wanted to make this an Arias free weekend....Coz I am just sick of her and sick of the peeps on "the shows" trying to diagnose her with....something, anything.

But........there I was channel surfing between JVM and Two and a Half Men, then watched a movie (Cloverfield), then channel surfed and there was Dr. Drew on, on a Friday night and then watched the end of a show on CBS..only to find that 48 Hours show on her and watched that, and then went over to the ID (Discovery channel) and there she was again...and watched that too! AND she invaded my dreams. AND then she is all over my Facebook newsfeed.

WHEN will she go away??? I just know it will not end this week. We get to look forward to her talking about and showing us and regaling us with her "artwork"?? And I just know she will talk and talk and talk about herself, trash TA again, and we will have to hear how she feeeeeeeeeels, etc. etc. etc.

Also, I saw on FB that the state will have the TA family on the stand as "witnesses" and the DT will be able to cross examine?? Is that true??

LOL,good question. I have no idea as I have never watched an actual death penalty case that has gone this far. And ever state which has it is different.

With computer programs as advanced as they are there should be an algorithm that is followed. Tick the boxes and see ya...
Moo

From May 14th court minutes:

Discussion held regarding Defendant’s Motion for Discovery of Victim Impact Evidence.
IT IS ORDERED denying the Motion.
http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/052013/m5770706.pdf

OMG the DT wanted to investigate first whatever the siblings of TA were going to say during the victim impact evidence?!?

I hate this DT. Yes the judge denied the motion, but the intent of the DT was there. They have no shame. No compassion for the victims of their psychopathic killer client. No self respect. Ugh.

No shame, indeed!!

The latitude given to this murderer and her DT has just been unbelievable. WHY should they even think have the right to know what the family was going to say? What did they want to do, cross examine them? I mean really!

And I really do not understand why the victims family is not allowed to speak directly to the murderer. Didn't lacy Petersons mother get to speak her mind to Scott Peterson? And don't other families get to speak their mind to their loved ones murderers? Or will that happen? Anyone know??

Linda from NY. Until this is a done deal this is how it will be. She is in the news and loving every minute of it. The day will come when she will be playing with stubby pencils in her cement windowless cell and we will be saying Jodi who?

Time served isn't the question for DP. It's the appeals that take the time. They're automatic and move at a snail's pace.

Jodi has said she'd prefer the DP to spending the rest of her life in prison. Perhaps someone should inform Jodi of the high IQ that even if DP is the sentence, prison (not Disneyland) is where the time will be served until the execution.

Linda from NY. Until this is a done deal this is how it will be. She is in the news and loving every minute of it. The day will come when she will be playing with stubby pencils in her cement windowless cell and we will be saying Jodi who?

Or we will hear she tried to commit suicide with one of those stubby pencils.
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

From May 14th court minutes:

Discussion held regarding Defendant’s Motion for Discovery of Victim Impact Evidence.
IT IS ORDERED denying the Motion.
http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/052013/m5770706.pdf

OMG the DT wanted to investigate first whatever the siblings of TA were going to say during the victim impact evidence?!?

I hate this DT. Yes the judge denied the motion, but the intent of the DT was there. They have no shame. No compassion for the victims of their psychopathic killer client. No self respect. Ugh.

As much as I dislike them (understatement), we can thank them for all their efforts to make sure certain issues are not brought up for appeal.

goood morning :seeya:

i have a dilemma of sorts :eek:

i have a kind of date on Wednesday (yay for me first in like over 4 years :woohoo: i am kind of fussy :floorlaugh: ) so assuming there will be trial that day or the jury will be deliberating what the heck do i do if they come back that day? :scared:

i can probably sneak looks at my phone to check if they have come to a decision but i cant just be like 'yeah i need to go watch this trial thing just now' ive known him for years but i am not ready to confess my trial addiction just yet.

do i sneak to the bathroom to watch or just tell him :facepalm:

i need gauntlet or someone to text me if they come to a decision i'd feel like i was letting the alexanders down by missing this last piece of the puzzle
hellppp :scared::scared:

Time served isn't the question for DP. It's the appeals that take the time. They're automatic and move at a snail's pace.

Jodi has said she'd prefer the DP to spending the rest of her life in prison. Perhaps someone should inform Jodi of the high IQ that even if DP is the sentence, prison (not Disneyland) is where the time will be served until the execution.

I think someone did educate her on that. Didn't Donavan recently say that she changed her mind? Either way, she sits there no mater what the outcome is :jail:

Good morning Sleuthers :)
It's an odd morning here. I won't bore you all with the details, but I 'met' Travis in a dream last night. Wow. I'm still sitting here, having my coffee, going over it in my head. Suffice it to say, there were lots of sobs and very tight hugs. But no crying from Travis :) It was me saying so many 'sorrys'.... I know the difference firsthand between a dream and a visitation. This was a dream but man! He was smiling, and happy and just being all the good things we've learned about him. I don't think I'm going to forget the hug I gave him :) This brutal tragedy is clearly changing for me. It was heavily weighted on the trial and the murder. It's now more and more just about Travis and the good things he possessed inside. I feel like I really met him. And that is a good thing, a very good thing :) He just smiled so broadly when I called him a sweet boy. I've watched a lot of trials over the years but none has impacted me the way this one has. Travis has inspired me. And I know it will last. :)

goood morning :seeya:

i have a dilemma of sorts :eek:

i have a kind of date on Wednesday (yay for me first in like over 4 years :woohoo: i am kind of fussy :floorlaugh: ) so assuming there will be trial that day or the jury will be deliberating what the heck do i do if they come back that day? :scared:

i can probably sneak looks at my phone to check if they have come to a decision but i cant just be like 'yeah i need to go watch this trial thing just now' ive known him for years but i am not ready to confess my trial addiction just yet.

do i sneak to the bathroom to watch or just tell him :facepalm:

i need gauntlet or someone to text me if they come to a decision i'd feel like i was letting the alexanders down by missing this last piece of the puzzle
hellppp :scared::scared:

OMG josie, cancel the date!!!!! It it's been 4 years what's another week! LOL

That is what I am getting at. After a certain # of appeals time should be docked and DP enforced sooner. If it didn't take 20 (ish) yrs it MIGHT slow "some" murder.
Or not.

OMG josie, cancel the date!!!!! It it's been 4 years what's another week! LOL

:floorlaugh: i thought of that when he suggested wednesday but he's a musician (insert swoons) and he gigs most days sometimes twice a day so i think i have to take one of the team here :cry:

maybe i should text him a disclaimer that if they come back with a decision i shall have to watch and it should take more than 10mins :facepalm:

Good morning!!

I really wanted to make this an Arias free weekend....Coz I am just sick of her and sick of the peeps on "the shows" trying to diagnose her with....something, anything.

But........there I was channel surfing between JVM and Two and a Half Men, then watched a movie (Cloverfield), then channel surfed and there was Dr. Drew on, on a Friday night and then watched the end of a show on CBS..only to find that 48 Hours show on her and watched that, and then went over to the ID (Discovery channel) and there she was again...and watched that too! AND she invaded my dreams. AND then she is all over my Facebook newsfeed.

WHEN will she go away??? I just know it will not end this week. We get to look forward to her talking about and showing us and regaling us with her "artwork"?? And I just know she will talk and talk and talk about herself, trash TA again, and we will have to hear how she feeeeeeeeeels, etc. etc. etc.

Also, I saw on FB that the state will have the TA family on the stand as "witnesses" and the DT will be able to cross examine?? Is that true??

HAHA. Good luck with an "Arias free weekend". I tried that last weekend. It wasn't easy- I wanted to sneak back on the boards to see if they were dissin' me while I was away. The worst part was when I tried to return from my self-imposed exile on Tuesday. I turned on HLN and saw OJ's fat face. I thought I missed the action in Arizona. I rushed to the computer and my shaking fingers couldn't get the password right. I finally had to take a few deep breaths, and try again. But it was scary for a few minutes. So be careful.

HAHA. Good luck with an "Arias free weekend". I tried that last weekend. It wasn't easy- I wanted to sneak back on the boards to see if they were dissin' me while I was away. The worst part was when I tried to return from my self-imposed exile on Tuesday. I turned on HLN and saw OJ's fat face. I thought I missed the action in Arizona. I rushed to the computer and my shaking fingers couldn't get the password right. I finally had to take a few deep breaths, and try again. But it was scary for a few minutes. So be careful.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Seriously made me LOL!

OJ's fat face! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh: i thought of that when he suggested wednesday but he's a musician (insert swoons) and he gigs most days sometimes twice a day so i think i have to take one of the team here :cry:

maybe i should text him a disclaimer that if they come back with a decision i shall have to watch and it should take more than 10mins :facepalm:
If there's no verdict by Wednesday, PM me your number and I'll text you if anything happens. Btw, you can also download an app via wildabouttrial

ETA - you know what? If you can't make it to a computer I bet Travis would want you out having fun on your date. Justice is prevailing and it will continue to prevail.

In all honesty, you want to find a person that allows you to be you. Simply tell him the truth. If he looks at you like you have three heads, then you know he's out of the running :) It will be an early indication of how well you two are suited :) I've reached a point in life where wasting time on things isn't a good idea. If he's cool with it, you may have found yourself a keeper! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostlyDarling