SIDEBAR #30- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I understanding this correctly? #Heinous is planning to appeal based on 1) Right to a Speedy Trial 2) Ineffective Counsel 3) Prosecutorial Misconduct 4) Wrongful Conviction?

JSKS has been extremely careful to avoid appellate issues. I doubt the AZ Supreme Court would overturn her conviction on those issues, but I am not a lawyer by any stretch.

Maybe AZ Lawyer could weigh in on this. I wonder if she will appeal IF she receives LWOP and has to pay. Looks like she is preparing for the DP. Don't know. Is the PI being paid by the Defense at this point? Or CMJA? If being paid by the Defense, wouldn't that mean the State of AZ is paying? I am confused.

I too have questions gnawing at me today:

1. Did JM use his preemptory strike on Mr. Wishy-Washy and Mr. Opinionated late yesterday?
2. Who is the state witness in Sacramento? The recently mentioned Bishop? I suppose the witness need not live there - could be meeting JW and Maria part way?
3. Did Nurmi or JW retain this PI fellow, or did the Arias Fan Club find him?
4. Is he being paid courtesy of art work and eye glasses?
5. What is in Arias' motion, being heard by another judge? A moan about JSS?
6. Doesn't a speedy trial mean the time between charges laid and the trial actually starting, not the length of the trial, usually controlled by the defence?
7. Did Maria lose her professional integrity and fall under the spell of a sociopath?
8. Did Mrs. Flores really tweet back to SW? Is SW's behaviour not a form of entrapment and therefore not to be entertained by the court?
9. How many more will Arias take down with her before she dies (naturally or otherwise)?
10. Will this jury hang? Will it be LWOP or death? Will she be in our psyche for ever? Yuk!

:seeya: HI GUYS!! I haven't read a single post in this thread yet, and haven't been on any of the Arias threads much since "the incident" last May... but when I noticed this thread was open, I had to come in and say hello! We all spent so much time together during the trial, I've honestly missed the camaraderie. Justice for Travis!

:laughing:

He used her for sex? Omg! She admitted the sex was ALWAYS mutual. She used him as much as he used her. He made it perfectly clear back in August 2007 if not before that they would never marry. She actually moved states to be near him after they split up! He didn't force her. She has free will. Why would anyone move to another state to the same town as their ex, if they weren't stalkerish?

She was INSANELY jealous. She couldn't bear him being anywhere near another woman hence the tire slashing, peeping Tom behaviour and sending threatening letters to his girlfriend. She looked through his texts and emails and did the same with Bobby, her first boyfriend. She has a massive problem.

Even if he was using her for sex no-one made her go to Arizona on June 4th, no one made her sleep with Travis and no one made her murder him. That was entirely a choice made by her, and one that Travis in no way deserved.

She testified under oath on the stand that she was made to feel like a used piece of toilet paper and like a prostitute. I think she implied that she was pressured into oral sex on their second "date" at Starbucks, in the car.

Of course, these are lies and you are correct that she was an enthusiastic participant.

Please Please Please can we just lock this killer up already!!!! The is ruining or attemting to ruin so many peoples' lives and of course she ended Travis' life. She is beyond disgusting. Sorry, I had to rant.

Jodi, you caused all this - you are responsible for all this - you ruined your life and the lives of so many others. The poor taxpayers are paying for your circus trial . You are nothing more than a rotten free loader. Rot in Hell.

Hi Nosey Parker, if this jury should hang the sentencing will be turned over
to the judge. JSS. will decide either LWOP,or LWP possible after 25 years.
No matter what she will not walk out of there. Perryville is waiting for her.
She should never walk free again.:jail: :back:

She testified under oath on the stand that she was made to feel like a used piece of toilet paper and like a prostitute. I think she implied that she was pressured into oral sex on their second "date" at Starbucks, in the car.

Of course, these are lies and you are correct that she was an enthusiastic participant.

Look at how Jodi Arias went head to head against Juan The Bulldog Martinez. She did not back down from him at all. Even when caught lying. Look at how she then went on TV and said that, sometimes SHE wanted to take the place of her witnesses so that SHE again could argue their position to Martinez. Someone everyone describes as being aggressive, sometimes even downright rude, to defense witnesses. A meek, lost, easily manipulated woman, would not have, COULD not have done that. JA has a whole lot of backbone. She's feisty. And she's no one's "used toilet paper". That's precisily why she killed Travis Alexander; because he dared to replace HER (of all people, he dared not to want HER).

He said that he has been hired to concentrate on the "appeal work" and "appealable issues that happened with the first trial." Sounds like they want to put the focus on Nurmi and the fact that JSS wouldn't let JA fire him.

He talked a lot about appeals, going forward.

He said, "...sounds like she's very, very remorseful for the problems that she's caused in the trial."

JVM asked whether she's remorseful for killing Travis Alexander.

Julian says, "Oh, she's always been remorseful, um, in, um, the situation, but what we're concentrating on in my side is the appealable issues so we can move forward because this first trial has gone on too long, way too long, and the first attorney on the case has been a problem ever since."

It goes on like that. He says that her lies are just a public opinion issue and he has a job to do. Mr. Bond says they're working on appeals whether she gets death or life.

Can she appeal if she gets life? I thought she could not.

Only the trial? Not for killing Travis? Again, she's nothing but a liar and a convicted murderer. And one reason will be that Juan Martinez wouldn't accept a plea that was a threat. She didn't like being told no.

And for her to claim abuse by Bill and Sandy - seems like Jodi got spanked, and shoved around. I think Bill pushing her into the door frame was to defend himself, ( I don't see the being knocked out, it sounds like Daryl telling her no and she went in to the bedroom hyperventilated. She called it a nervous breakdown ) or he wanted her to go, move, and she wouldn't. The worst she can say about abuse to Sandy was being called fat, by what she told Alyce LaViolette.

I think Jodi's been seething since her siblings came along. Carl might of gotten the worst of Jodi was abusing him since he is male child, and that took the most attention away from her. When was Carl born? Around the time Jodi started getting smacked by the wooden spoon? And it was his dirty diapers that she had to pick up out of the yard, when DoggyBoy tore into the trash. She said she kicked him, and that he moved a few feet, and he disappeared, never to be seen again. And wants to apologize to him. A dog, but not to anyone else she's harmed.

I thought I knew the answer to my question but wanted to reinforce my belief. Are the only two options for sentencing LWOP or Death? Is there any way that a Life sentence be handed out, making way for Arias to maybe be released in the future? I've come this far thinking there was only LWOP and death as options.

Hi Nosey Parker--------------

If this jury should hang the Judge will decide either LWOP, or LWP.
She is eligible for LWP because her murder was committed before
the new law took effect. She should never walk the earth again.:jail: :bicycle:

:seeya: HI GUYS!! I haven't read a single post in this thread yet, and haven't been on any of the Arias threads much since "the incident" last May... but when I noticed this thread was open, I had to come in and say hello! We all spent so much time together during the trial, I've honestly missed the camaraderie. Justice for Travis!
:seeya:

Hi Nosey Parker--------------

If this jury should hang the Judge will decide either LWOP, or LWP.
She is eligible for LWP because her murder was committed before
the new law took effect. She should never walk the earth again.:jail: :bicycle:

So she could get out in 25 if JSS sentences that way? LWP? Good Grief!

It's been fun but back to work for me.

have a good afternoon everyone!!

How do you know Jodi Arias is lying? Her lips are moving :laughing:

So she could get out in 25 if JSS sentences that way? LWP?

--------------
Hi again. She would be eligible for parole. Whether she'd get it or not
is another thing. I cant see a parole board setting her free because of the
way she butchered Travis. I do k now the parole board also considers
behavior during time spent, sounds like she already has a colorful
record in jail. :happydance:

So she could get out in 25 if JSS sentences that way? LWP?

It really is quite confusing, isnt it. I dont even want to try to answer because I get confused as well.

Remember how even the jury got confused and some of them didnt realize that the case would go to another jury trial if they didnt make a unanamous decision.

For me personally, I just dont trust the system even if they claim its LWOP. So many cases in the past where a person eventually gets out when they were supposed to be locked up forever. I would have to lean towards the DP just because i dont trust the whole parole thing.

Some states have an 85% rule where no person gets out on parole without serving at least 85% of their sentence for felonies.
Im not sure if AZ is one of those states. I really like the 85% rule. Like give her 100 year sentence with an 85% rule, and I would be good with that. LOL

:laughing:

He used her for sex? Omg! She admitted the sex was ALWAYS mutual. She used him as much as he used her. He made it perfectly clear back in August 2007 if not before that they would never marry. She actually moved states to be near him after they split up! He didn't force her. She has free will. Why would anyone move to another state to the same town as their ex, if they weren't stalkerish?

She was INSANELY jealous. She couldn't bear him being anywhere near another woman hence the tire slashing, peeping Tom behaviour and sending threatening letters to his girlfriend. She looked through his texts and emails and did the same with Bobby, her first boyfriend. She has a massive problem.

Even if he was using her for sex no-one made her go to Arizona on June 4th, no one made her sleep with Travis and no one made her murder him. That was entirely a choice made by her, and one that Travis in no way deserved.

I think the "I was nothing more than a dildo with a heartbeat for you" was Travis feeling used, not her. Jodi was way beyond sexually experienced than Travis. A young Mormon man would have what they probably think about most of the day. She was a more than willing partner, and told Travis on the sexphonecalltape that he would never be sexually satisfied with a plain vanilla wife, when she was so sexually adventurous, and available.

Sex had gotten old with Jodi, She had nothing else to hold onto him.

It really is quite confusing, isnt it. I dont even want to try to answer because I get confused as well.

Remember how even the jury got confused and some of them didnt realize that the case would go to another jury trial if they didnt make a unanamous decision.

For me personally, I just dont trust the system even if they claim its LWOP. So many cases in the past where a person eventually gets out when they were supposed to be locked up forever. I would have to lean towards the DP just because i dont trust the whole parole thing.

Some states have an 85% rule where no person gets out on parole without serving at least 85% of their sentence for felonies.
Im not sure if AZ is one of those states. I really like the 85% rule. Like give her 100 year sentence with an 85% rule, and I would be good with that. LOL

Even DP sentence is no guarantee a person will not get out. Sometimes that sentence is commuted to life and with that, there is a chance of them getting out.

I would like to see Arias get the death penalty but I am not convinced that will happen. I think this will go to the judge, who will sentence her to LWOP.

As much as I want to see her face when she hears her sentence is DEATH...I fear there is too much chance of something happening down the line that gets her a commutation to life. And when they do that they rarely say LWOP. They just say Life. And that means possibly getting out some day.

That happened to the Manson clan. Their death sentences were commuted to Life. No parole was ever granted any of them, but they have all had parole hearings. So the possibility was given to them all. I don't want Arias to have that possibility...EVER! Regardless of how remote her ever being released looks today, a couple decades from now many in positions that matter might still see the sentencing clearly while the specifics relating to brutality of the murder may blur over time. JMO.

--------------
Hi again. She would be eligible for parole. Whether she'd get it or not
is another thing. I cant see a parole board setting her free because of the
way she butchered Travis. I do k now the parole board also considers
behavior during time spent, sounds like she already has a colorful
record in jail. :happydance:

Thank you for your responses, Nore. Yep - she has rubbed Sheriff Joe the wrong way plenty of times by the sounds of things. I predict her behaviour in Perryville will be quite dramatic!

Even DP sentence is no guarantee a person will not get out. Sometimes that sentence is commuted to life and with that, there is a chance of them getting out.

I would like to see Arias get the death penalty but I am not convinced that will happen. I think this will go to the judge, who will sentence her to LWOP.

As much as I want to see her face when she hears her sentence is DEATH...I fear there is too much chance of something happening down the line that gets her a commutation to life. And when they do that they rarely say LWOP. They just say Life. And that means possibly getting out some day.

That happened to the Manson clan. Their death sentences were commuted to Life. No parole was ever granted any of them, but they have all had parole hearings. So the possibility was given to them all. I don't want Arias to have that possibility...EVER! Regardless of how remote her ever being released looks today, a couple decades from now many in positions that matter might still see the sentencing clearly while the specifics relating to brutality of the murder may blur over time. JMO.
BBM - Dog forbid some idiot marries the convict, like with Susan Atkins. :gaah: That's why she needs to go to death row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298