SIDEBAR #30- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He said, "...sounds like she's very, very remorseful for the problems that she's caused in the trial."

Wow - there is some remorse - oops! only for what she caused in the trial.

1. All the defence delays, that are now supposed grounds for appeal.

2. On again, off again, Nurmi - whom she begged the judge to keep at one point.

Ugh! I'm going to dread checking up on her latest garbage every morning. I suppose these are her death throes.

Here he was (on the right) in Boulder, CO in the early summer of 2000:

View attachment 60863

This photo is so sweet! I thought about it all night. I woke up thinking about it. It's making me doubt myself. I have a 3 year old Schnoodle, I got her when she was 8 weeks old, she was best friends with my Sadie Girl, they hung out all the time, every day they played all the time. Now there's just Miss Molly and she just doesn't do anything any more. No playing, she doesn't look for my Sadie Girl any more, so I think that's good, and she has started eating again, so that's good. I don't know, now I wonder if I'm just being selfish. Maybe I should get her a little friend ???

Good morning!

I have no idea what this guy is saying in his answer to JVM's question, "She's a known liar. How do you deal with that?" I'll just transcribe it word for word:

Dorian Bond: "Well, I mean, but, everybody has an opinion about her, but I have to concentrate on what my job is is to work with my client. I've been hired—sometimes it's a tough job. You have to work with people that the public doesn't like, and you know, everybody has opinions on our client, but we have to concentrate on what our job is and focus in on this so we don't have to spend millions and millions of dollars going through this trial again."

Well I know what he DIDNT say and he didn't admit or deny she lied. He skirted all around it. Just like the murderer did on the stand, evading questions and trying to muddy the waters, but Juan was somehow schooled in bringing her out of the weeds and getting an answer. She has found her kindred spirit here.

This is just me being mean, but... Jane Velez Mitchell is awful. I seldom actually come across any of her "reporting," but she fascinates in kind of the same way Jodi does. The things she says and the way she says them are just not entirely human. JVN is so hyper I half expect her to come out from behind her desk, through my computer screen, stand about an inch away from me and just start yelling.

With JVM, I find myself imagining her in different situations. A romantic, candle-lit dinner. Singing a lullaby to a baby. Giving directions to elderly foreigners. Ordering pizza. Saying wedding vows. Confessing. Giving a eulogy. Group therapy. AA. Book club. Parent-teacher conference. Chatting with a new neighbor. Trying to pick up men in a singles bar. On a blind date. Sitting next to me on a 10-hour flight. Good Lord.

Of course, maybe her off-camera persona is sweet. Quiet. Gentle. Low-key. Understated.

Your post had me laughing :laugh:

Reminded me of this-

[video=youtube;t8k2AAMTZKo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8k2AAMTZKo[/video]

I know I'm in the minority here, and am certainly NOT supporting Jodi Arias- she committed a heinous, unspeakable crime and deserves to fully pay for it.

What does bother me is Travis Alexander... he selfishly used Jodi to meet his constant want and need for sex, and continued doing it even after he told her that their relationship was never going anywhere beyond what it was. He certainly did not deserve to be murdered, but he was not a nice guy... he did what he did for his own selfish needs without a thought for Jodi's feelings. Just because she had feelings for him and was easy to manipulate for sex, doesn't mean it was OK for Travis to take advantage. And he did, just because he knew he could. Not nice at all.

Unfortunately, there is a LOT of very lopsided information in the Mormon church. Females are taught that THEY must be modest, THEY must not tempt men, and that THEY are responsible for every man's sexual behavior, because the men can't control it. What a huge load of garbage. Wow.

Anyway, as I said, Travis did not deserve what happened to him, and I DO NOT support Jodi in any way, shape, or form. I'm just tired of hearing what a great, nice, super fantastic person Travis was... yes, he's done some good things, but that doesn't mean his behavior regarding Jodi was OK. It was not... whether you agree or not, his behavior and actions created part of this situation. He helped create it and paid the ultimate price. He knew Jodi was unstable and wanted more from him, yet he kept on using her for sex... it was all about him. Him, him, him.

As always, JMO.
Where is it written that a man, and a man only, is responsible for deciding when sex is or isn't appropriate? Or that men, and men only, are capable of using someone sexually?

Adult women (Arias included) make their own decisions about sex, and are equally capable of using men for sex, for their own sexual gratification - yes, women like sex too - or other "selfish" motives, such as more contact with a man than they might otherwise get, in the hopes of developing a more committed relationship, or some other goal.

If those decisions aren't always wise, and sometimes result in hurt, most women will accept that at the end of the day, they have no one to blame but themselves, and consider it a lesson learned.

Why, then, is "the price" to be paid by the man alone? And why on earth would that price be death?

As for any influence the Mormon Church may have had - your understanding that "Females are taught that THEY must be modest, THEY must not tempt men, and that THEY are responsible for every man's sexual behavior" - if anything, we would expect this to fortify Arias' chastity. Instead, she willfully violated every one of those tenets - not only was she a willing and eager participant in their sex life, she frequently initiated sex with Travis, phone sex included. Again, her choice.

As for the notion that sex with Arias cancels Travis standing as a "nice guy", it doesn't. Sex doesn't negate everything else he did in life.

Check out John Sandford Bernina, he is my favorite author, and one of my favorite book characters ever is Lucas Davenport (He also has a few other series with other main characters that are great, I would start with the Prey novels though).
Nice to see you again Bern :)

:seeya:
Whoa! Just checked him out! Looks like I have more books to read! :floorlaugh:

I think Travis was just like every other person on Earth, had good qualities and some bad qualities. The killer forced herself on to him and used sex
as her weapon - remember that Daryl (whatever his name was) was married when he and the killer first got together. A person in adulthood is very lucky
if they have not had a boyfriend/girlfriend not hurt them in some way. I think it is important to remember that the killer was in CA and Travis was in AZ.
She went to him when she butchered him. The killer was a user of people. SHe had nothing to really offer in a relationship except for sex. THe killer is a fake and was looking for a good life compared to her miserable existence and she did not want to have to work for the 'good life'. The killer preyed off of people. Of course this is all my opinion only. Travis was not a saint but what adult is if any.

:seeya:
Whoa! Just checked him out! Looks like I have more books to read! :floorlaugh:

Guaranteed you will fall in love with Lucas, he is one fictional character I would die to meet as a "real" person :blush:

I know I'm in the minority here, and am certainly NOT supporting Jodi Arias- she committed a heinous, unspeakable crime and deserves to fully pay for it.

What does bother me is Travis Alexander... he selfishly used Jodi to meet his constant want and need for sex, and continued doing it even after he told her that their relationship was never going anywhere beyond what it was. He certainly did not deserve to be murdered, but he was not a nice guy... he did what he did for his own selfish needs without a thought for Jodi's feelings. Just because she had feelings for him and was easy to manipulate for sex, doesn't mean it was OK for Travis to take advantage. And he did, just because he knew he could. Not nice at all.

Unfortunately, there is a LOT of very lopsided information in the Mormon church. Females are taught that THEY must be modest, THEY must not tempt men, and that THEY are responsible for every man's sexual behavior, because the men can't control it. What a huge load of garbage. Wow.

Anyway, as I said, Travis did not deserve what happened to him, and I DO NOT support Jodi in any way, shape, or form. I'm just tired of hearing what a great, nice, super fantastic person Travis was... yes, he's done some good things, but that doesn't mean his behavior regarding Jodi was OK. It was not... whether you agree or not, his behavior and actions created part of this situation. He helped create it and paid the ultimate price. He knew Jodi was unstable and wanted more from him, yet he kept on using her for sex... it was all about him. Him, him, him.

As always, JMO.

Ehhhhhhhhh.......................she was a convert, what the church expects women to be is far from what CMJA was or is. And there's a LOT of sexually naive Mormon young men out there. Then take in consideration the age of CMJA and Travis, was it 27 and 29/30 at the time of the murder? And CMJA seems to be the only one who was traveling any distance to get to Travis for a booty call. and who initiated the call seems to fall in her court.
CMJA is a "social climber". She won't discount anything to get what's in her line of site. All we have is Travis' words on the sex tape as to "what" kind of kink they were into, which was pretty pablum according to the tape, the rest is all in CMJA's head as far as I'm concerned. The "where, when, how many times, etc." may have been in Travis' journals, conveniently AWOL, so we'll never know.
I think Travis KNEW, after they had been "officially" dating for a few months just exactly what her intentions where, (we saw how verbally nasty she could get and how lies just spew from her on the stand) and kicked her to the curb.

Sex doesn't get you far in the Mormon church. CMJA didn't get that memo. She got pizzed, slashed some tires, sent nasty emails, tried to sabotage TA's life and respect in the community, and killed him. Mormon women don't get those lessons in MIA or Young Adults.

CMJA was a fraud. She had no intentions of following the Church's Articles of Faith, moral codes, etc., etc. Seriously, do you think ANYONE ever told her what she could or couldn't do?

Wonder if she was ordering decaff from Starbucks? Hmmmmm.

BTW: Ex-Mormon here, totally agree on your comments about it.

Bill Arais in the interview with Detective Flores, said she had her *advertiser censored* done and surgery to her bottom. Now I don't know if he knew what to call it to be polite or if she has butt implants or a lift. Or? If so I had to hate to guess what it looked like before.

weird-smiley.gif
...............ok...........butt implants. Guess CMJA didn't have enough time to get to the gym.

Oh geez. Puleeze. She's claiming one of her appealable issues is she didn't get a speedy trial and it has dragged on and on and on and she's blaming that on first chair… Nurmi. This detective said that several times so that seems to be what they have decided will benefit her the most. She didn't get a timely trial.

And I hate to say this but he comes across as very professional. Ack.
BBM - Well, he comes across that way, but I don't think he is. Just another crook and liar that latched onto the convict and her 'cause', imo. :rolleyes: The convict didn't get a timely trial because of all the times she fired her attorneys and tried repping herself, as well as all the other delays she and her defense team orchestrated.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dorian-bond/Phoenix-Arizona/Dorian-bond-Bond-investigations-Paid-500-for-nothing-Phoenix-Arizona-1084558

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bond-...heck-3-days-before-xmas-still-wont-pay-235683

As always, JMO.

You are definitely entitled to your opinion as is anyone else here.

I dont know anything about the Mormon religion, but the part I disagree with the most in what you have stated is the bolded part above because it could very well have been Jodi was the person that kept coming over and wanting sex from him. She could have been the sexual aggressor in the relationship. She also claimed to convert to being a Mormon as well, so she was equally guilty of any of the Mormon misdeeds, if there were any.

Also, on the day he was murdered, all evidence points to that she drove all those thousand miles over to his home unannounced and not wanted. No evidence he invited her. If they had sex that day, it very well could have been her being the one who suggested it and wanted it.

There was other testimony during the trial of her showing up at his place unannounced. Like the time when the other girlfriend showed up to take care of his dog because he was gone, and she apparantly had broke into his home using the doggy door. So there is a pattern of her doing that.

There are documented cases of certain women wanting sex all the time - Nymphomaniacs. They may not be common but they do exist, and JA could have been this type of person.

One thing for sure we do know by the trial evidence. She would come to his house when he did not invite her or expect her. She very well could have been using sex to try to get the things she wanted in life out of Travis.

Juan Martinez is excellent. "If you believed the gun was unloaded what were you going to do with it? Throw it at him?" :floorlaugh:

Anybody who's had the displeasure of hearing the 'special conversation' :blushing: (that Jodi secretly recorded to blackmail Travis, imo) knows that Jodi was very willing to participate in all their escapades and was far, far more experienced in that department than Travis. There was a point where Travis was actually falling asleep and she had to keep him awake because she didn't want the 'conversation' to end yet (only Jodi gets to decide when things are over). Anybody who thinks otherwise after hearing that tape will never be convinced that Jodi was the master manipulator in the relationship. :moo:

Am I understanding this correctly? #Heinous is planning to appeal based on 1) Right to a Speedy Trial 2) Ineffective Counsel 3) Prosecutorial Misconduct 4) Wrongful Conviction?

JSKS has been extremely careful to avoid appellate issues. I doubt the AZ Supreme Court would overturn her conviction on those issues, but I am not a lawyer by any stretch.

Maybe AZ Lawyer could weigh in on this. I wonder if she will appeal IF she receives LWOP and has to pay. Looks like she is preparing for the DP. Don't know. Is the PI being paid by the Defense at this point? Or CMJA? If being paid by the Defense, wouldn't that mean the State of AZ is paying? I am confused.

As always, JMO.

:laughing:

He used her for sex? Omg! She admitted the sex was ALWAYS mutual. She used him as much as he used her. He made it perfectly clear back in August 2007 if not before that they would never marry. She actually moved states to be near him after they split up! He didn't force her. She has free will. Why would anyone move to another state to the same town as their ex, if they weren't stalkerish?

She was INSANELY jealous. She couldn't bear him being anywhere near another woman hence the tire slashing, peeping Tom behaviour and sending threatening letters to his girlfriend. She looked through his texts and emails and did the same with Bobby, her first boyfriend. She has a massive problem.

Even if he was using her for sex no-one made her go to Arizona on June 4th, no one made her sleep with Travis and no one made her murder him. That was entirely a choice made by her, and one that Travis in no way deserved.

Anybody who's had the displeasure of hearing the 'special conversation' :blushing: (that Jodi secretly recorded to blackmail Travis, imo) knows that Jodi was very willing to participate in all their escapades and was far, far more experienced in that department than Travis. There was a point where Travis was actually falling asleep and she had to keep him awake because she didn't want the 'conversation' to end yet (only Jodi gets to decide when things are over). Anybody who thinks otherwise after hearing that tape will never be convinced that Jodi was the master manipulator in the relationship. :moo:

I honestly thought I was going to vomit at that tape. And Travis admits that he had never even masturbated before he met her. Hardly sounds like a sex fiend does he? Poor guy.

Sometimes our personal experiences color our interpretations of other people's actions...

I know in this case, my baggage definitely influenced my "feelings" about CMJA. I don't think TA was a saint, nor would I make him out to be. He seemed like a nice, gregarious guy who overcame a rough childhood and tried to make something of himself and give to others. JMV

So, the killer is complaining she did not get a speedy trial. Maybe I have the wrong idea of what "speedy trial" means--constitution-wise, that is.

My understanding has always been that a person has a right to go to trial within a reasonable time of being arrested/charged/indicted. I always thought that right was in place so that innocent-until-proven-guilty citizens were not left languishing in jail indefinitely awaiting trial.

Arias may complain it was her attorney, Mr. Nurmi, who waived a speedy trial and subsequently caused numerous delays. However, I recall one of Nurmi's earlier requests to the court to be removed from this case and Arias, in writing, begged the court to keep him on so it will be a bit hard for most to swallow the idea that she thought he was not doing his job and that she never wanted him as her attorney.

Going back to the term "speedy trial"...if I am hearing it correctly, JA has a complaint about how lengthy her trial has been. Yes, it is a lengthy trial, but she did take the stand and stay there for 18 days. The witnesses that testified on her behalf during the guilt phase had lengthy stays on the stand as well. But bottom line is...I do not think "speedy trial" refers to the length of trial from day one to verdict. I believe it refers to the right of the accused to go to trial in a timely manner.

We saw Arias on camera a number of times during her incarceration prior to trial and I do not recall her being eager for trial to begin. At least once prior to trial she opted to represent herself and could have filed a motion at that time over how slow the process was moving. To my knowledge, she never did so. Subsequently, after the hung jury on the penalty phase, the defense specifically requested the trial not continue before the next calendar year. Unless Arias has filed documents that are currently under seal, I have not heard her complain once about having too long a wait for retrial--apparently not even to the person who tweets for her.

Arias's current claim of Nurmi being responsible for her constitutional rights being violated is IMO ridiculous, yet predictable. But I want to add that my opinion is contingent upon my understanding of the term "speedy trial" being accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BanPokies1