SIDEBAR #30- Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm in the minority here, and am certainly NOT supporting Jodi Arias- she committed a heinous, unspeakable crime and deserves to fully pay for it.

What does bother me is Travis Alexander... he selfishly used Jodi to meet his constant want and need for sex, and continued doing it even after he told her that their relationship was never going anywhere beyond what it was. He certainly did not deserve to be murdered, but he was not a nice guy... he did what he did for his own selfish needs without a thought for Jodi's feelings. Just because she had feelings for him and was easy to manipulate for sex, doesn't mean it was OK for Travis to take advantage. And he did, just because he knew he could. Not nice at all.

Unfortunately, there is a LOT of very lopsided information in the Mormon church. Females are taught that THEY must be modest, THEY must not tempt men, and that THEY are responsible for every man's sexual behavior, because the men can't control it. What a huge load of garbage. Wow.

Anyway, as I said, Travis did not deserve what happened to him, and I DO NOT support Jodi in any way, shape, or form. I'm just tired of hearing what a great, nice, super fantastic person Travis was... yes, he's done some good things, but that doesn't mean his behavior regarding Jodi was OK. It was not... whether you agree or not, his behavior and actions created part of this situation. He helped create it and paid the ultimate price. He knew Jodi was unstable and wanted more from him, yet he kept on using her for sex... it was all about him. Him, him, him.

As always, JMO.

Button, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. That said, I wholly disagree with your statements. Travis didn't use Jodi anymore than she used him. The give and take goes on in relationships all the time. And let's not blame Mormonism for their teachings on women. I might get kicked to the curb here, and I am NOT Mormon, but I do think when a man asks, a woman can say no. Now if he rapes her, that is horrendous. But yes, a woman can always conduct herself as a lady and she could have said no or she wanted to wait to get to know him better, whatever. I do think a lady can be in more control than a man but of course, a Godly man would learn to control his desires.

Truth is, this isn't about Mormonism. It is about an ill fated relationship. On one hand you have a normal guy looking for Miss Right and on the other hand, you have this psycho chick giving him sex three ways, breaking into his home and hiding behind a Christmas tree, playing hostess to his friends UNINVITED, stalking him at all hours when he is with other women or home alone, slashing his tires, calling him to record a sex conversation, taking pictures of herself naked and him as well. And when he tries repeatedly to tell her it is over, she shoots him, stabs him 29 times, once mortally, and slits his throat. As JM would ask.....WHO DOES THAT?!!!! Not anyone I ever knew, thank God.

Oh, and don't forget his last text to her. She hurt him and scammed him really bad and he let her know she only cries for herself. Travis realized right then how deranged she was. At that point, there was nothing Travis could have done. She was going to kill him. Period.

Bill Arais in the interview with Detective Flores, said she had her *advertiser censored* done and surgery to her bottom. Now I don't know if he knew what to call it to be polite or if she has butt implants or a lift. Or? If so I had to hate to guess what it looked like before.[/QUOTE----------
I thought I heard from her dad when he was interviewed he didn't know why she needed a boob job and surgery on her bottom. Then I saw the pictures. I checked on internet, I agree with Bernina. She has shoulders like a football player. I hope I don't get in trouble writing this but truth is truth. IMO.[/QUOTE

Her bottom too? All that killer thought about was sex. She taught Travis all she knew! Ky jelly and all.

They had the same press conference over and over this afternoon. The man in Dallas died this morning. And then we have Judge Clay Jenkins who's put himself and other around him at risk. The parents in Highland Park (upscale city in Dallas) are not happy his daughter goes to school there. This is the same judge who wanted 2000 illegal aliens that crossed the border up brought up here.

Pages, Who is Judge Jenkins? Haven't heard this story.

I know I'm in the minority here, and am certainly NOT supporting Jodi Arias- she committed a heinous, unspeakable crime and deserves to fully pay for it.

What does bother me is Travis Alexander... he selfishly used Jodi to meet his constant want and need for sex, and continued doing it even after he told her that their relationship was never going anywhere beyond what it was. He certainly did not deserve to be murdered, but he was not a nice guy... he did what he did for his own selfish needs without a thought for Jodi's feelings. Just because she had feelings for him and was easy to manipulate for sex, doesn't mean it was OK for Travis to take advantage. And he did, just because he knew he could. Not nice at all.

Unfortunately, there is a LOT of very lopsided information in the Mormon church. Females are taught that THEY must be modest, THEY must not tempt men, and that THEY are responsible for every man's sexual behavior, because the men can't control it. What a huge load of garbage. Wow.

Anyway, as I said, Travis did not deserve what happened to him, and I DO NOT support Jodi in any way, shape, or form. I'm just tired of hearing what a great, nice, super fantastic person Travis was... yes, he's done some good things, but that doesn't mean his behavior regarding Jodi was OK. It was not... whether you agree or not, his behavior and actions created part of this situation. He helped create it and paid the ultimate price. He knew Jodi was unstable and wanted more from him, yet he kept on using her for sex... it was all about him. Him, him, him.

As always, JMO.
I disagree with your characterization of his treatment of Jodi based on how she treated him. She got what she deserved. Travis was NOT a "player" and he treated every other woman he dated with respect. Jodi stalked him and refused to respect his boundaries, so of course he reached a point where he knew he didn't want anything more from her than the sex she kept initiating with him. I think he was a nice guy.

Only to the extent that JA allowed it to be. She was clearly obsessed with the guy to a horrifying degree. Look, this guy was 30 years old and naive due to his brand of church, in my opinion, but I refuse to blame him, regardless of how you qualify it. You seem to be equivocating, not sure of what to think. There are so many young men who are led by their hormones--this is nothing new, and the sexual activity that went on between them is not unusual.

The only reason sex was brought into this trial was that the defense wanted to portray some kind of abuse. The fact that the defense did so was disgusting. This case was not about sex; it was about control on the part of the defendant, who is now a convicted murderer.

So I disagree with you. It was not about him, insofar as other guys take advantage of women. Unfortunately, it was rather typical but especially awful since he belonged to a religion that demanded he not have sex, even at the age of 30. And there she was.
And... if Jodi really thought that all Travis wanted from her was sex, she was an adult, she was free to say "NO" and walk away permanently from the relationship, but we all know that wasn't the case. She was trying to hook him with sex so that he'd want to marry her. Didn't work with a guy like Travis.

Each pet is so unique. They are so amazing. I do wish their lifetime was longer. It seems so short a time. For my wife and I, we are on our 4th dog. He is going on 10 years now and we feel so blessed with him. He is one of the "special" ones who has really became a family member in all its definitions.

Its interesting to me how there are certain pets who become the "special" ones. They are all great, but every now and then, you get a "special". :)

BBM I had to smile when you said "special".

I had a male Maltese, Maximilian-( such a big name for a small dog :facepalm: - we called him Max), that I bought for my older son when he was young. That dog was "special" and when he died, I didn't want another dog- ever- because it hurt so much when we had to euthanize him at 15 years old.

But- (and there's always a "but" :facepalm:) along came Buddy (who looked just like an Australian Shepard, but his mother was a Shitz-szu! :eek: ) We thought we were getting another small dog, but Buddy turned out to be an 85 lb "Shitz-szu" :floorlaugh: (his brother looked like a Shitz-szu, I swear :lol:) - with the most magnificent tail (my MIL said that :facepalm:). We adopted him, from a friend of a friend when he was 5 weeks old, for my younger son. Buddy was also "special" for us- ( even if he cost us $25,000 in operations!!! :scared:). He did live 12 years and the $ was well worth spent, IMO.

And then- there is The Queen :dramaqueen:- my now baby girl Schnauzer, who will charm the bloomers off of you. :facepalm: She is special, too and just too wonderful for words. :loveyou:

These 3 special dogs, who were bought/adopted for someone else, became "my" special loves. I loved them completely and they, me.

The Queen will be the last dog for me as I don't know if I will be able to take another loss in my life (or take care/train another puppy). I'm getting old and won't want a pet left without me if/when I die. But I will always hold my special loves in my heart and their ashes will be buried with me. I'm happy about that- I love them so. :heartbeat:

As always, JMO.

Interesting view on Travis. I don't think CMJA was easily manipulated. Actually I think Travis was manipulated by CMJA. If CMJA had a problem with having sex, she could have said no and I think he would have respected that.

Fortunately in the US, we have freedom of religion and can choose which faith we align ourselves with. Travis' death had nothing to do with being Mormon other than not being sexually experienced to the degree of most 30 year olds. Travis was complicit with CMJA in their sexual affair and if that makes him a not nice person in your view, so be it.

Could he have handled things better? Yes. Yes if he knew how to deal with sociopathic borderline behaviors which as far as I know, not many recognize nor have the tools to deal with someone like CMJA. IMO, TA was human. I agree with your statement and I quote "his behavior and actions created part of the situation". He dated her and tried to separate himself from her and that didn't go so well for him. He got sucked back in to the relationship as so many guys do. It was not a healthy relationship, nor did it appear it was based on love, but rather lust.

Interesting post. JMV

Good morning all. Janx, sorry to hear about your pup. Seeing and having a beloved pet die is so hard. Pets are so wonderful.
I prefer my pets to most people.

Ohhhhhhhhhh Kensie- I just love your popcorn eating vabbit, but I will miss your popcorn giraffe (who doesn't ever swallow :facepalm:).

BBM me too :facepalm:

Same here, kind of.
Been playing over at my son's, making molds for his creature heads. Very cool stuff he uses, called Dragon Skin. Sets up like ballistic gel.
No baby..................gr, gr, gr.
And I've been Kindle reading. Eric Davis, "A Good and Useful Hurt"...pretty cool! Scooped up his other books, read them, now reading stuff by Blake Crouch. Was going to re-read Gillian Flynn's "Gone Girl" again. Understand a movie has been made of it.

Been watching the "Walking Dead" series, in the evening, on Netflix, or Amazon/Hulu Plus, whatever one happens to come up. Some characters you just can't wait for the writers to kill off! Hope Rick "grows a pair" this season, glad his wife is dead (what a nag), Merle......? I would have taken him out on the roof.
Seriously, the group was living in a prison, didn't anyone think it *might* be a good idea to close the cells at night, "just in case"?
Daryl, Michonne....serious butt kickers. The writers better not kill them off! Daryl seriously needs to do something with that hair of his. You can't be shooting a crossbow all the time and not have your hair get in your eyes.
Not cool killing off Hershel, just when his character becomes really likable, the Governor offs him. BOOOOHHHHH, HISS, BOOOHHHH.

My son and I have a running joke about Carl. That Georgian accent of Rick's makes it sound like he's making crow calls when he says his name: "Kurl, Kurl, Kurl". "Where's Kurl?" Someone needs to whomp on that kid.

"Terminus"........sounds like a REALLY great place for safety......eh, I don't think so!

Ok, enough of that, waiting for Dr. Who to start up again..........and this crazy horse to have her baby. But I'm still around!

I just bought Gone Girl at BJ's today. Everyone said it was a good book, that I just had to buy it now.

I joined "Kindle Unlimited", free books on my PC.........YAHHHHH!!!!!:happydance: Didn't know of most of the authors, but found a gem in Aric Davis. I like horror, mystery stuff, Stephen King has been a fav, but I find that he gets too detailed sometimes: I just "bleep" through the long winded stuff that's just filler. Davis doesn't do that and Gillian Flynn has been really good. "Gone Girl" was a must read last year when the first trial was going on. Hope the movie does the book justice!

CMJA movies? Watched "Dirty Little Secrets"....bleck. Waiting for a major movie studio or even a Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon "Original" that sticks to the facts, to produce something.

On to the comments about CMJA being "pretty". Being pretty just doesn't cut it in California. CMJA doesn't have it. She's just "plain". Photoshop is her "best friend" and she would have been a plastic surgeon's cash cow if she had had the money, ie, "sugar daddy". Early on in the first trial, I had posed the possibility that she was transgender........seriously. Big hands, square chin, wears makeup like she owns stock in the company, and the boob job. :thinking: Known quite a few "he-she's" in my life, and she'd fit right in. Could she possibly have been born a hermaphrodite? Hmmmmm.........one wonders.
The best conclusion would be somewhere with the ol' "lipstick on a pig". And can you really plaster on enough spackle to hide ugly inside? Naw.
Got the same idea with C. Anthony.......seems like MSM has a skewed idea about "pretty".

BBM :silly:

I swear, Bernina- the things that come out of your mouth sometimes :hilarious:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

:princes: :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: :blowkiss:

As always, JMO.

Thanks for sharing your opinion! I understand what you're saying.

Let's not forget Travis grew up with a neglectful, abusive, meth-addicted mother until he was 10 (or so?) and that must have had some effect on his judgment when it came to relationships with women. Jodi Arias knew this and she used it against him. Seemed like his other relationships with women (Lisa Andrews, Deanna Reid) were nothing like that.

As always, JMO.

Although you are entitled to your opinion, sex is what is on most men's minds and Travis was no worse than other young men ( and not very experienced because of his religious beliefs- his

hormones raged). I think that missy:jail: certainly took advantage of that inexperience, IMO and lured him into forbidden acts (actually threw it at him very chance she got).

He was a very nice, kind, respectful young man who cared about everyone, IMO. It's just that missy:jail: did not respect him, or herself, to be so wanton with her body to get what she

wanted. I truly believe that if missy:jail: was a more "modest" woman, Travis might have married her- he was looking for a wife, but missy:jail:, as he found out too late, is a psychopath. He did

not create "this situation", missy:jail: did- completely. She could have just walked away, as many other women do, from a relationship that was not for Travis. But she didn't- instead she

murdered him and there's no excuse for that- no matter what went on between them, IMO.

:moo::moo:

As always, JMO.

Travis was not perfect. Nobody is. I believe he tried to be a good person, though, in spite of his faults. As for the way he treated Jodi, we have never and will never know the whole story. There is just no way I can believe that she was meek and mild, sweet or vulnerable, and that his sole intention was to take advantage. Did he do some less than honorable things? Yes, he did. But I also believe Jodi was a temptress, the seducer in most of their--get togethers I guess I will call them.

I am sure Jodi thought there was more going on romantically for Travis than what really was. This happens sometimes in relationships and certainly it is no fun at all for the one who gets hurt. But truth is, this kind of thing is not unusual. It is not something unique to Travis and Jodi.

What is unique (not unheard of but certainly a deviation from the norm) is that one half of that relationship would not--could not--let go once it became obvious that they were not to remain a couple. I think Jodi instigated each and every sexual encounter the two had from that point on. I do not think Travis pursued her, ever, from then on. Travis's desire for sexual gratification was his weakness. Jodi knew that. And she took full advantage of it.

It would be great if all persons treated every person they meet in all situations with respect and caring all the time. But that could only happen in a perfect world. Our world is not even close.

Dorian Bond (missy's :jail: PI) on HLN Jane Valez Mitchell 10/08/2014

[video=youtube;MCq8Ru0bNGY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCq8Ru0bNGY[/video]

I haven't watched it (hi BW), so please let me know what he said.

Oh geez. Puleeze. She's claiming one of her appealable issues is she didn't get a speedy trial and it has dragged on and on and on and she's blaming that on first chair… Nurmi. This detective said that several times so that seems to be what they have decided will benefit her the most. She didn't get a timely trial.

And I hate to say this but he comes across as very professional. Ack.

Dorian Bond (missy's :jail: PI) on HLN Jane Valez Mitchell 10/08/2014

[video=youtube;MCq8Ru0bNGY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCq8Ru0bNGY[/video]

I haven't watched it (hi BW), so please let me know what he said.

He said that he has been hired to concentrate on the "appeal work" and "appealable issues that happened with the first trial." Sounds like they want to put the focus on Nurmi and the fact that JSS wouldn't let JA fire him.

He talked a lot about appeals, going forward.

He said, "...sounds like she's very, very remorseful for the problems that she's caused in the trial."

JVM asked whether she's remorseful for killing Travis Alexander.

Julian says, "Oh, she's always been remorseful, um, in, um, the situation, but what we're concentrating on in my side is the appealable issues so we can move forward because this first trial has gone on too long, way too long, and the first attorney on the case has been a problem ever since."

It goes on like that. He says that her lies are just a public opinion issue and he has a job to do. Mr. Bond says they're working on appeals whether she gets death or life.

Can she appeal if she gets life? I thought she could not.

I put this over on the retrial thread too, and I'm pasting here as well. Sorry if you are having to read this twice. This is just something that occurred to me.

What has just also popped into my head is this. I've seen for over a year so many people on here complaining about the judge and how slow she is. We saw yesterday that JA tried to say something and JSS said another judge is handling it. And the jury selection is speeding right along, in fact jurors were selected today. One of the reporters tweeting even said this time jury selection took one less day. I think she is claiming that the judge has hurt her ability to have a speedy trial. Things have certainly "sped" up compared to how they were handled in the past. No delays, on time, working in the afternoon.

The investigator seemed very confident. He also blamed the cost of the trial on Nurmi. Said that this trial wouldn't have cost millions if she had had a timely trial. Yep…. Me thinks JA is going to hang the judge and Nurmi out to dry.

I put this over on the retrial thread too, and I'm pasting here as well. Sorry if you are having to read this twice. This is just something that occurred to me.

What has just also popped into my head is this. I've seen for over a year so many people on here complaining about the judge and how slow she is. We saw yesterday that JA tried to say something and JSS said another judge is handling it. And the jury selection is speeding right along, in fact jurors were selected today. I think she is complaining, like many here do, that the judge has hurt her ability to have a speedy trial. Things have certainly "sped" up compared to how they were handled in the past. No delay, on time etc.

The investigator seemed very confident. He also blamed the cost of the trial on Nurmi. Said that this trial wouldn't have cost millions if she had had a timely trial. Yep…. Me thinks JA is going to hang the judge and Nurmi out to dry.

Never had a problem with JSS, but—God help me—I'm feeling pangs of sympathy for Nurmi right now.

ETA: BBM
also, I thought he was completely stumped by JVM's remorse question. Of course.

He didn't understand remorse. He said she had remorse over the first trial and JVM said the first trial? What about murdering Travis? And he said she's always displayed remorse over Travis. He drank the Jodi koolaid and thinks regret means remorse.

I regret eating 2 pieces of cake tonight. But I'm not remorseful about it. They are going to blur these words till no one understands the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cliff77