SIDEBAR #30- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt know. Thought this was a general topic thread. Ebola is deadly serious but I won't post about it anymore.

It is a general topic thread but there is a thread dedicated specifically to Ebola. It's not a big issue just pointing posters to the topic thread if you wish to discuss it further. Nothing wrong with posting an announcement as it is done all the time. However if it develops into a discussion it's better to take it over to the designated thread. Hope that is clear.

I'll be honest, I too am on the fence about the death penalty, I think it's a sensitive topic because for some it's not up to any human being to play 'god' with other people's lives.

What crimes deserve the death penalty and which do not?

A planned murder would be number one for me.

Welcome and howdy TruthSeeker, glad you joined us. Websleuths is a big place with many threads and forums, and some amazing people that are da bomb (shades of Breaking Bad).

I am completely okay with those who do not believe in the death penalty at all. I only take issue when people say that they do believe in the death penalty but not for this case. If anybody deserves death it is Jodi Arias for the brutal torture and slaughter of Travis Alexander.

I am OK either way. Life sentence works as long as it is LWOP.

The death penalty appeals to me in this case primarily because of the unmitigated gall Arias has exhibited time and time again. The gall to plan this crime...carry it out...lie about it in more than one way...then trash her victim, implying he is to blame for what happened to him. Not even referring to it as something SHE did...but more of a what happened to him. Most of all, the gall to wave a survivor tee shirt in front of a jury to further claim herself an innocent victim. I believe that one act alone is what made me first want the DP for this killer. I would love to see this remorseless killer taken down several notches, and hearing from a jury of her peers that they believe she deserves to be put to death might do that.

The most important thing for me, though, is that she NEVER walks free again.

ETA: Added two sentences.

I was browsing through the old armchair psych discussion thread and found this great poem. It was posted by 'ISeeSociopaths'. This member's friend (also part of Websleuths) wrote it but wanted to remain anonymous. Here is the poem:

Till Death Do Us Part

Roses are red
and Violets are blue
After one meeting
I'm ObSeSsEd with you

I packed up my rental
with my gun and my knife
Gonna convince you to
make me your wife

A surprise little visit
and you scream "Go Away!"
but, ME and MY LOVE
are here to stay

I turned up the music
and locked up the pet
You're gonna love me
OR you're gonna regret

Pose in the shower
Like a good little boy
I'm the photographer
You are my toy

A shot to the head
you dropped to the floor
But, I'm not finished
I want more!

Crawling to the sink
on your hands and knees
Little do you know,
This is just a tease

I'm filled with Horror,
Lust and Rage
with a slice to the heart
I'm setting the stage

I move very swift
I must save time
Gashing & slashing
I wield twenty nine

You don't love me
I'm just you're *advertiser censored*
Try to flee, Travis
head for the door...

This is it,
You're close to the end
I am your nightmare
Never your friend

I pull back your head
and slash your vein
now suffer and feel
ALL of MY pain

The roses are DEAD
and the ribbons are blue
It took me 62
seconds to murder you.

I may be a 3- hole wonder?
It's funny how
you're the one whose
six feet under...

I'm in prison
locked away
The trial's begun
But, I'll have my say

I'll scam and lie
Play the victim role
Drag you through mud
you're a deviant soul

The fog rolls in
I don't remember, I don't know
I can't let the prosecutor
steal the show

I'm starved for attention
on the stand for 19 days
But the truth you'll never hear
because I'm 50 shades of Craze

Pure & innocent
I have the perfect excuse
I am a woman who
cries domestic abuse

The Irises are cold
and your grandmother is too
Do you think she knows
who slaughtered you?

I'll fool the world
I'll be acquitted, you'll see
Back in society
and then I'm free.

It is a general topic thread but there is a thread dedicated specifically to Ebola. It's not a big issue just pointing posters to the topic thread if you wish to discuss it further. Nothing wrong with posting an announcement as it is done all the time. However if it develops into a discussion it's better to take it over to the designated thread. Hope that is clear.

Thanks LambChop.... I didn't think to look for a thread, so I welcome the reminder.

Curious, thanks for your post about it, it got me headed to the right place.

It is beginning to seem that CNN/HLN is wiping the slate clean and will be "all new" (or all reruns?)

http://cnncommentary.com/2014/10/15/the-axe-lingers-on-nancy-grace/

Will the Nancy Grace program join Jane Velez-Mitchell and be axed? According to The Daily Caller, her team is being forced to wait until Friday to find out their fate!
Why the wait? The Daily Caller says that the “higherups are trying to figure out what to do” with the Nancy

I sure hope they don't cancel Nancy, but if they do, add Drew to the cancelled list. IMO

Soon, there may not be a station to hear about any of our trials, if this keeps up. :stormingmad:

I totally dislike the Drew show.

OMG ..... I don't even know where to start, Ricki. Maybe..... JA wanted a plea bargain in exchange for blackmail (or she would smear Travis name). I honestly hate that crimes do not always get what they deserve as punishments, but this is ONE trial and I don't care what the others got. Mete the punishment that fits this crime, please.

Was reading the Ebola thread. Getting serious over there. Depressing as well.
Trying to keep my mind on others problems. My grandson, 24 years old, died last Sunday morning. Funeral this weekend. I just want to turn time back to Saturday. Nothing will ever be the same. I am so sad and nothing can make the pain go away. God bless you all and I pray you never go through this. What a year this has been!

I am so sorry for your great loss. My sincere condolences and prayers go out to you and your family.

I'm so sorry to hear this devastating news, Curious. Please know you are in my thoughts and am here to support you.

Was reading the Ebola thread. Getting serious over there. Depressing as well.
Trying to keep my mind on others problems. My grandson, 24 years old, died last Sunday morning. Funeral this weekend. I just want to turn time back to Saturday. Nothing will ever be the same. I am so sad and nothing can make the pain go away. God bless you all and I pray you never go through this. What a year this has been!

I have been at the Ebola thread a lot today but I mostly just read.

I am so sorry for your loss, Curious. I cannot imagine the pain of losing one of my grandchildren. Sad here, too. We had two family deaths on Monday (an aunt and a sister-in-law). :hug: :hug:

I'm so sorry Curious and Spellbound, wish I had the words to make it the tiniest bit better, big heartfelt hugs to you both.

Hugs and prayers to our dear WS friends that have lost precious family members recently. I am no good at this. Thinking of you and so sorry for your losses.

I am OK either way. Life sentence works as long as it is LWOP.

The death penalty appeals to me in this case primarily because of the unmitigated gall Arias has exhibited time and time again. The gall to plan this crime...carry it out...lie about it in more than one way...then trash her victim, implying he is to blame for what happened to him. Not even referring to it as something SHE did...but more of a what happened to him. Most of all, the gall to wave a survivor tee shirt in front of a jury to further claim herself an innocent victim. I believe that one act alone is what made me first want the DP for this killer. I would love to see this remorseless killer taken down several notches, and hearing from a jury of her peers that they believe she deserves to be put to death might do that.

The most important thing for me, though, is that she NEVER walks free again.

ETA: Added two sentences.

This afternoon as I was reading and looking for trivia for the day, and I saw that Eric Holder is looking into the State Of Arizona prisons and legal system. Seem he doesn't think solitary should mean solitary, and that it's against their civil rights.

It is beginning to seem that CNN/HLN is wiping the slate clean and will be "all new" (or all reruns?)

http://cnncommentary.com/2014/10/15/the-axe-lingers-on-nancy-grace/

Will the Nancy Grace program join Jane Velez-Mitchell and be axed? According to The Daily Caller, her team is being forced to wait until Friday to find out their fate!
Why the wait? The Daily Caller says that the “higherups are trying to figure out what to do” with the Nancy
---------
Hi Spellbound, I guess that dashes any hopes for a court channel, wouldn't have one without Nancy on it ..I read on fb. Beths page she will be going to Phoenix over the weekend to cover Arias trial beginning on Oct.21!!!
:happydance: :party: :juanettes: :juanettes: :blowkiss::clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member