SIDEBAR #36 - Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want a Magic Jack for Christmas to lower my cable bill!

That sounds wonderful, Niner ! Have not had much experience with artichokes, so I have a question, how do you prepare them ? TIA :)

Well... I'm NOT the cook, so... I know he steams them in a steamer and after they are done, sprinkles lemon juice over them! Really good! Yum Yum!!

Zuri hope your horse gets better!!!!

:wave:

I want a Magic Jack for Christmas to lower my cable bill!

I have magic jack - there's two kinds of devices.
One connects to your computer. The computer needs to be turned on at all times (with connections to internet of course, direct or wifi)
The other kind there is no need for a computer because you connect it to your internet modem.

I have the older one that connects to a computer.
If the computer is working fine, so is the phone.
I paid $40 (IIRC) for the device, which includes one free year of service.
When you activate/sign up it asks if you want additional years.
I signed up for the 2yrs$50. So I received 3yrs total for $90.

I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a lower phone bill.
You still need an internet connection.
I've had no real problems - there is times when I need to reboot computer, but that's computer not magic jack reasons.

There is an additional fee for the 911 service which is based on local county fees.
FCC or some local county complained that they were not getting their share - so now the FCC is charging Magic Jack customers.
It's not a Magic Jack fee - if you do not want to pay the FCC, you don't have to but then you do not have 911 services.
My fee turns out to be like $2 every quarter. Depending on the area it could go as high as $60 for the quarter.

I'm thinking of upgrading to the newer one that connects directly to the internet modem.
This way service is dependent on modem not computer. If anything happens to the computer
I'll still have a phone. My renewal is up in Jan or Feb 2015, so that's when I'll purchase it.
I connected the older one and purchased extra years, then I found out about the newer one.
You can not transfer old bought time to newer device.

Hope this helps.
Ask if there's any questions - I'll try to help.

No, I don't own stock (lol) or sell them (lol) - I just like a low rate phone service.
It's similar to Skype or Voip.

Sorry for long post - I can be long winded :deepbreaths:

I do have the older version Magic Jack but don't use it as I am on a laptop, and also recommend the MJ to save a few bucks. :) Me and my laptop are quite mobile and don't want to mess with a cord.

I do have the older version Magic Jack but don't use it as I am on a laptop, and also recommend the MJ to save a few bucks. :) Me and my laptop are quite mobile and don't want to mess with a cord.

With a laptop, in essence, you have a mobile phone :phone:

I've never tried it - but always wondered how it would work, let's say on vacation at a hotel.

Or in a power outage. Connect laptop to internet directly from the cable line (bypass modem).
Connect Magic Jack to Laptop (running on battery)
I feel more comfortable knowing I have 911 services at any given time. Never know when you
need to call an ambulance.

I don't travel too much, or really not at all any more - so no need for a mobile phone.

ETA: If I did have to travel - I would bring my laptop, so why not bring the magic jack and test it out.

Well, I ended up joining Karas on Crime............. non repeating charges, I'll see if this trial goes beyond January 14. Can't get a profile pic up and the site is using my full (not currently "legal") name AURGH!
Closing the ol' puter down for the evening, see ya peeps in the manana!!!! And I will NOT abandon you all! This is my hangout, just slumming on KOC to pick up on some info lost in the "tweets".

*like do any of us REALLY think there'll be court tomorrow?*

What's going on over here in the side bar ? Is everyone ready for Christmas ? Haha ! Ok, so for some of us who may not yet be in the Christmas Spirit, here's a little music for your listening entertainment. I just love Rod Stewart and CeeLo Green :loveyou:

[video=youtube;OmGepcbj5GM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmGepcbj5GM[/video]

Well, I ended up joining Karas on Crime............. non repeating charges, I'll see if this trial goes beyond January 14. Can't get a profile pic up and the site is using my full (not currently "legal") name AURGH!
Closing the ol' puter down for the evening, see ya peeps in the manana!!!! And I will NOT abandon you all! This is my hangout, just slumming on KOC to pick up on some info lost in the "tweets".

*like do any of us REALLY think there'll be court tomorrow?*

I'm with ya! Did the same thing for $5.99.

images

Link: https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/...B45Tkbhy9c7M--AiMdrTQM_2A5L2x_rw2Ob8R0JlqdluQ
--------------------------------------------------

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 1m1 minute ago
See you all at #jodiarias trial 9:30am MST MONDAY!

------------------------

2 Minutes for Travis. Jodi Arias Murder Trial

[video=youtube;D3iA9NjiVos]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3iA9NjiVos[/video]

:seeya:

That sounds wonderful, Niner ! Have not had much experience with artichokes, so I have a question, how do you prepare them ? TIA :)

BBM I have a recipe that my mother passed on to me, if you are interested:

Buy big artichokes.
With scissors, cut the pointy tops off and use knife to cut the stem so the artichokes stands on their own.
Spread the leaves a little.
Mince garlic and place the garlic in between the leaves of the artichokes.
Sprinkle 4C breadcrumb (seasoned) and grated Romano cheese, on the artichokes and place artichokes, standing up, in a pot that will hold all the artichokes tightly.
Put water in pot- enough to reach about 1/3 up the artichokes.
Sprinkle some cooking oil/olive oil on the artichokes.
Cover the pot and steam for about 45 minutes to an hour (done when the leaves come off easily).

Sounds like a lot of work, but it's real easy and tastes really good.

p5035131.jpg

Link: http://stolenmomentscooking.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/p5035131.jpg

Buy big artichokes.
With scissors, cut the pointy tops off and use knife to cut the stem so the artichokes stands on their own.
Sprinkle 4C breadcrumb (seasoned) and grated Romano cheese, on the artichokes and place artichokes, standing up, in a pot that will hold all the artichokes tightly.
Cover the pot and steam for about 45 minutes to an hour (done when the leaves come off easily).

p5035131.jpg

I make them the same way YesorNo. Delicious

Buy big artichokes.

p5035131.jpg

Do you eat them the same way? Pull off leaves, dip in butter, etc.?

Good morning. Is there supposed to be testimony yet, or are we still on the "other hearings"? This has been a heck of a trial to follow. I gave up on Beth's site since there have been so little days of actual trial.

Been very busy lately. Cleaned out lots of closets, shelves, overflowing Christmas decorations, and wore myself to a real mess. Arthritis is wreaking havoc with my hands and knee. What a fun (not!) trade-off that was. My wrist brace is much more classy than Missy's! Wonder if they let her have the metal piece that goes inside to hold the wrist straight?

Wrapped the last present last night. For some reason, it is not feeling much like a holiday season -- weather is in the 50's for a few days, dreary and damp. Feeling a bit sad that my daughter's family cannot comes for Christmas and I will miss the grandkids so much. My son will come for dinner, though.

Dinner will be pretty easy. We decided on two kinds of ribs, baked potatoes, veggies, rolls, and pie.

Happy Monday!

ZURI.... I am so sorry about your vet bill and the scare with your brood are. Hope your foal is an easy delivery. Wishing for a healthy mom and baby.

Do you eat them the same way? Pull off leaves, dip in butter, etc.?

No need for butter after you pull off the leaves, IMO.
(delicious just the way it is)

Good morning. Is there supposed to be testimony yet, or are we still on the "other hearings"? This has been a heck of a trial to follow. I gave up on Beth's site since there have been so little days of actual trial.

Been very busy lately. Cleaned out lots of closets, shelves, overflowing Christmas decorations, and wore myself to a real mess. Arthritis is wreaking havoc with my hands and knee. What a fun (not!) trade-off that was. My wrist brace is much more classy than Missy's! Wonder if they let her have the metal piece that goes inside to hold the wrist straight?

Wrapped the last present last night. For some reason, it is not feeling much like a holiday season -- weather is in the 50's for a few days, dreary and damp. Feeling a bit sad that my daughter's family cannot comes for Christmas and I will miss the grandkids so much. My son will come for dinner, though.

Dinner will be pretty easy. We decided on two kinds of ribs, baked potatoes, veggies, rolls, and pie.

Happy Monday!

ZURI.... I am so sorry about your vet bill and the scare with your brood are. Hope your foal is an easy delivery. Wishing for a healthy mom and baby.

BBM And happy Monday to you. :seeya:

It's always sad when the holidays are different than they previously were. There is a lot to adjust to and we have to accept the change.
Think that- at least you have your son for dinner, be happy for that small blessing, and try not to dwell on the "differences" too much (which is hard, I know).
It's too bad that you won't see your grandkids/daughter- phone call, maybe?
As the years pass, things have changed so much that I just :sigh: and try make different plans to make things a little better.
It is sad tho' anyway. :sigh:
Feel better Spellbound. :therethere:

sad

I missed the prosecutorial misconduct/*advertiser censored*/no *advertiser censored*/WTH hearing on Thursday due to my broodmare collicking. She is 7 months along, carrying a colt. She colicked so badly the vet could not get her comfortable at the barn, so I had her shipped to the U of Penn New Bolton Center to be evaluated. She had a twisted small intestine so I had them do the surgery.

She and the foal made it through the surgery, to the tune of $6K I didn't have. I just couldn't put her down, especially knowing the foal inside her was alive and well. She is an off the track thoroughbred I rescued her from going to slaughter, and she is the sweetest mare. I think she is going to throw a fabulous colt, provided things continue to go well.

Hope you all are enjoying your busy holiday season. Xoxo

God bless you! And we will expect pics of the baby.

Good Morning all. Spellbound, take care of yourself. I am taking off work next week to supposedly do Spring Cleaning - we will see!!!

Zuri, keep us posted on your horse and the baby horse. Looks like we will be horse aunts again!!! How exciting!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lineman21