SIDEBAR #4- Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found it interesting that the circumstantial evidence in this trial which pointed toward premeditation mirrored another big murder trial from a couple years ago--the trial of Marni Yang who murdered the pregnant girlfriend of former Bears football player Shaun Gayle:

1- a gun went mysteriously missing from Marni Yang's home.....the same type of gun used to kill the woman and her unborn child. (she was 7 months pregnant!)
This said gun later was revealed by her to have been tossed in a bucket of wet cement and tossed in a Chicago garbage bin (whereas Jodi tossed hers in the Hoover Dam)

2- Marni Yang wore a wig and sunglasses as a disguise. (Jodi dyed her hair)

3- Marni rented a car and had it delivered to a friends home. She used stolen license plates that she found somewhere and attached to the rental car.

4-Like Jodi, Marni rejected a bright blue car (Jodi a bright red one) from the rental agency.

Because we have the moratorium on the death sentence here in IL, Marni Yang received 2 life sentences for the expectant mother and child.....without possibility of parole.
In AZ, Jodi will certainly receive the DP.

Now that you mention it... yes! It is awfully similar in some ways.

Another fav........ :dj:

:crush:

Jackie Blue, Ozark Mountain Daredevils

[video=youtube;v31wwyteRqo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v31wwyteRqo[/video]

Loving these classic performance gems :heart: :heart: (keep them coming!) but to answer Elle's question:

ElleElle said:
Do we know what ever happened to Juror #5? If so, I forgot

She just made an innocent joke after it was brought out in court how much Alyce LaViolette was being paid. Don't quote me but I believe it happened when they were all hauled in chambers (no thanks to Jean Casarez) about JM signing autographs and quizzed individually about whether they heard or saw anything (the answer was no, none of them had), Number 5 cracked something like 'Why can't they give us more comfortable chairs?" which was heard by other jurors, and which Nurmi claimed showed bias against the defense.

Yes, I just can't wrap my head around all this being Travis' fault. Plenty of women stay with men use of them for the sex or booty-calls. I am speaking for myself also. I stayed because I did not think there was no one else besides this man who I wanted to be with for eternity. The sexual aspect was one thing, but we had an uncontrollable connection to each other which was sexual, physical, spiritual. Where it lacked was emotional.

It is no fault but her own... what did Travis do soooo wrong? Reject her? Not want to spend the rest of his life with her? I guess both. There definitely was a "fatal attraction" there.

Exactly. When Maureen Maher of CBS/48 Hours asked Jodi whether, after continuing to hang out with Travis after the breakup, she felt Travis was using her just for sex, Jodi admitted:

"There was maybe a time or two when I did feel used but I also had felt that again it was mutual and that maybe I was using him just as much." [BBM] Beginning at 15:30 in this video.

Jodi Arias Documentary-(In her own words) 48 Hours - YouTube

What a beautiful fur-family. I loved that you rescued your babies. We do as well. Thank You for sharing.

:seeya:

I haven't introduced my fur kids yet... Here they are... Violet, rescue Chi/terrier mix, Elmo, rescued Iggy, and Roscoe, my baby boy Affenpinscher (he's 6 but will always be a wee little puppy to me :blushing:)

For me, It always comes back to the same thing with JA, her credibility. She had an opportunity for 18 days to say 'I AM SORRY', to show remorse to feel bad for what she had done, whether she felt she was in a situation of snapping, self-defense, whatever, she took a life, and showed no regret. The only thing I ever heard her say is she felt shame b/c she did not want 'her family' to know what SHE was CAPABLE of. Never has she shown concern for TA family.

If she was to pour her heart and soul out on the stand, apologize, and beg for forgiveness, it would still only be for her. She could tell his family how sorry she was for what she has done to them, and I would have to wonder how much of it was sincere, and how much of it was self-preserving.

Cried wolf too many times for me.

I do not want any apology/remorse shown from her. To do so would be her greatest lie of all. Empty words in a last ditch effort. To use words without
sincerity, is a betrayal. She should remain silent, but she wont

Chris Hughes ‏@cshughes 46m
#TravisAlexander 's closing comments in his last recorded speech 1 month before being killed by #JodiArias. http://chirb.it/yeb4p5

DB was also 20 years Jodi's senior. Basically, old enough to be her father. Sugar daddy maybe? Is this where Jodi learned to sponge off a man?

I believe Jodi wanted Travis to be her sugar daddy, but Travis did not want to be a sugar daddy. He wanted someone just as strong & independent as he was.

In person Daryl Brewer actually looks older than Jodi's own mother.

Here is my little Mia. She is a rescue so we're not really sure what she is. We flew her in from Arkansas and the airline lost her. For hours!! When they finally found her she was just a mess. My daughter said we should just call her "missing in action" and so she became Mia!

And the ears were both down, then both up, then one went down and stayed down while the other just stayed up lol.

Your Cutie-patootie Mia looks like she could be my Robby's little sister! She's a real dollbaby!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368928655.863746.jpg

Originally Posted by katiecoolady
I need to step away from the keyboard. I'm keystrokes away from outing a local reporter on twitter who called Travis a "pig" to my face. Ok there I just said it. The things I've heard just make me SICK. And I'm done with that reporter. Reached a threshold of BS and cut the cord. Don't mess w/ victims families in the name of ANYTHING. Period.

Can you be more specific about the conversation? In what context did the reporter call TA a pig? Have the two of you got into a confrontation before? <mod snip>

The context was his perception of the case and Travis Alexander Basically he buys the defense theory 100% it appears. No, no confrontation ever before. <mod snip>. He's married.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member