Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Questions???

Why isn't the number 11 pronounced onety-one?

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea...does that mean that one out of five enjoy it?

If people from Poland are called Poles, then why aren't people from Holland called Holes?

If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled?

Why is a person who plays the piano called a pianist, but a person who drives a race car is not called a racist?

If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

If lawyers are disbarred and clergymen defrocked, then doesn't it follow that electricians can be delighted, musicians denoted, cowboys deranged, models deposed, tree surgeons debarked, and dry cleaners depressed?

Do Lipton Tea employees take 'coffee breaks?'

What hair color do they put on the driver's licenses of bald men?

I thought about how mothers feed their babies with tiny little spoons and forks, so I wondered what do Chinese mothers use, Toothpicks?

Why do they put pictures of criminals up in the Post Office? What are we supposed to do, write to them?

Why don't they just put their pictures on the postage stamps so the mailmen can look for them while they deliver the mail?

Is it true that you never really learn to swear until you learn to drive?

If a cow laughed, would milk come out of her nose?

Whatever happened to Preparations A through G?

Why, Why, Why do we press harder on the remote control when we know the batteries are getting weak?

Why do banks charge a fee due to insufficient funds; when they already know you're broke?

Why is it that when someone tells you that there are one billion stars in the universe you believe them, but if they tell you there is wet paint you have to touch it to check?

Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?

Why does Superman stop bullets with his chest, but ducks when you throw a revolver at him?

Why did Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

Whose cruel idea was it to put an "s" in the word "lisp"?

If people evolved from apes, why are there still apes?

Why is it that, no matter what color bubble bath you use, the bubbles are always white?

Is there ever a day that mattresses are not on sale?

Why do people constantly return to the refrigerator with hopes that something new to eat will have materialized?

Why do people run over a string a dozen times with their vacuum cleaner, then reach down, pick it up, examine it and then put it down to give the vacuum one more chance?

How do those dead bugs get into the enclosed light fixtures?

Why is it that whenever you attempt to catch something that's falling off the table you always manage to knock something else over?

Why, in winter, do we try to keep the house as warm as it was in summer when we complained about the heat?

The statistics on sanity say that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends.If they're OK..? (then it's you!)

~
REMEMBER, A day without a smile is like a day without sunshine!

And a day without sunshine is, like...........night!!!!

Thank you, Y/N! Those were the best "questions" for my chuckle of the day! :winkkiss:

Mount Rushmore-
As seen from Canada
:)

th

Link: http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=HN.608002988293360637&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

Whale (touch the picture)

First look and spot the Whale under the water.

Keep your cursor OUT of the picture until you see the Whale..

Then move your mouse cursor onto the picture, but stand back, you might get wet (it's like it's 3D).

Click on the picture when it loads completely and be sure that your sound is on

CLICK ON:Worlds Most Dangerous Creature- http://www.toilette-humor.com/cartoon.html

:groucho:

[video=youtube;dHAToZA6WRs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHAToZA6WRs[/video]

Hoping for everyone a Happy Valentine's Day. :valentine:
Love you all Dear Websleuth Friends ! :loveyou: :valentine:

BBM Especially Angela :)

[video=youtube;9ngtXPP5krU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ngtXPP5krU[/video]

Wow.. She's one tough cookie! She certainly tells it like it is! No BS or beating around the bush! If this is the type CMJA is going to be locked up with she better stop her story telling and fast. This one says She's direct and real because its only fair... She expects it from you too! Ummm... I imagine if you don't tell the truth around inmates like this one.. the truth will be beaten out of you. CMJA might live longer on death row!

I don't think that most women like JA, or at least that seems the case given the people we've encountered with this trial. They might at first but seem to quickly realize that something's not right. In prison, I don't think that another inmate will reason out that she's got BPD, is "mentally ill," or cut her any slack. She might have a few friends at first if she can convince them that she valiantly stood up to "her abuser." It won't last long. She absolutely refuses to admit any mistake on her part, however trivial it may be. That gets old REAL fast for anyone around her. Her smug smile and air of condescension won't help her win anyone over either.

I've never had an issue with her getting LWOP instead of the DP. I honestly think it will be much worse for her than being on Death Row. Her ONE appeal will go no where and that will be all. She'll fade into obscurity, which I think is her worst nightmare. The only reasons I've wanted her to get the DP are because 1) it appears to be what this victim's family think will bring them closure (I don't think it will, sadly) and 2) legally I feel it's warranted. To me she fits the criteria for it easily. While I'm not a fan of the death penalty, I truly feel that the only reason she didn't already get it is because she's female and young. She's earned it with her premeditation and cruelty and she deserves it, even though I think it will drag things on for years to come if she gets it.

*ETA: Has anyone else ever thought that she might want to get the DP now? I do. The extra layers of appeal available, the added support of anti-DP groups, the years of added imagined martyrdom...I don't think she's even really thought about the conditions on Death Row. I dunno. It's silly I guess.

Concerning the bolded, You might be onto something here. And isn't it true that the death sentence is rarely carried out in AZ ? In which case it makes even more sense. Seriously, she's such a deluded "Borderline Narciopath", yes, my own lingo, lol :rolleyes: ... nothing is beyond comprehension in this case. JMO

Marrisa DeVault received LWOP and she is already in GP and has a cushy prison job after only several months in Perryvile.

Hi Midnight,
I thought since MD got LWOP that she would be in an isolation cell for 2 years? That is the only thing that gives me some kind of solace, is knowing that if JA was to get LWOP she would be in solitary confinement for 2 years. How did MD get in GP so fast? Or did I just misunderstand that whole isolation thing?

BW very high, lots of snow, and no phone service. :(

Have a good day. :)

Morning everyone! :wave:

Well, no jokes from me... Love yours though YESorNO!! :loveyou: I'm going to share the latest ones you posted with my "other" imaginary friends! LOL!

I can't believe I traced my Huz' family to 1718 back to England!! WOW! 7 generations! I'm having fun tracing all these relatives of his! :happydance:

Where IS everyone?? :waitasec:

then I shall head on over to the Retrial thread to catch up on "what" is going on!

Anyone find out if there will be Tweets Tuesday??

Sunshine (and lollipops!) here today; it's supposed to be 71 here!! :sunshine:

See ya all later!

:seeya:

BW very high, lots of snow, and no phone service. :(

Have a good day. :)

Highs 70-74, lows 30-32......which doesn't mean a hill of beans cause I can't go out and "play"!!!!:gaah:
Seriously weird weather, usually we're plagued with rain and cold temps this time of year. The fruit trees are going to get false start blossoms, and then get hit with regular seasonal temps. So there goes the fruit crop this year.

I wonder what WAT's "cooter" was like when he broke his foot, got him in and out of court, CMJA trial part #1?

Minus 17 here with the wind chill. Brrrrr..................

Minus 17 here with the wind chill. Brrrrr..................

Same here. I do not think I remember experiencing such a cold winter as this. The winds are whipping. The snow from the blizzard wasn't much but I think I would rather have more snow than these temps that are not fit for man nor beast. I read a weather article that said these temps will last throughout February but temps in March will be warmer than usual. We will, see. I am not counting on it. Brrrr!!!

Same here. I do not think I remember experiencing such a cold winter as this. The winds are whipping. The snow from the blizzard wasn't much but I think I would rather have more snow than these temps that are not fit for man nor beast. I read a weather article that said these temps will last throughout February but temps in March will be warmer than usual. We will, see. I am not counting on it. Brrrr!!!

It is terrible cold for sure. I do feel guilty complaining as we only have about 2 feet of snow laying around. Of course the drifts are much higher. I feel for you East Coasters. Stay warm. We are escaping a week from this Wed. and don't return until March 8th so I am holding you to the March prediction lol

It is terrible cold for sure. I do feel guilty complaining as we only have about 2 feet of snow laying around. Of course the drifts are much higher. I feel for you East Coasters. Stay warm. We are escaping a week from this Wed. and don't return until March 8th so I am holding you to the March prediction lol

You and Ricki have a -17 degree's wind chill factor :fainted: YESorNO has
4 feet plus more snow? Spellbound has :thinking: 18 inches ? I can't remember how much snow Ricki has, possibly because I can't count that high :wink:
And you feel guilty Bravo for ONLY 2 feet of snow? :fainted:

I guess with the East coasters and Canada members, you guys are more or less used to it ??? I just came in to post that we are having our first major snowstorm, which is odd that we've been really lucky this year. I have daffodils that are already coming up. We have had some really cold days, with a few minus 0 wind chills. But tonight and all day tomorrow we will be getting 8-12 inches, depending to which station you are listening to. And it's going down to the single digits for the rest of the week. I guess they'll have to close Kentucky down :smile:

And then little Ms. Bernina skips in here with it's 70-74 degree's here :p

YoN, Ricki, and Bravo ~ what are your pipes made out of concrete, or Jodi's lies :cold: :smile:
All kidding aside, are they made out of something special to keep them from freezing? I would be afraid they would burst with temp's that cold. I know mine would.

YoN, Ricki, and Bravo ~ what are your pipes made out of concrete, or Jodi's lies :cold: :smile:
All kidding aside, are they made out of something special to keep them from freezing? I would be afraid they would burst with temp's that cold. I know mine would.

PEX line with Shark Bite connectors work great with heat tape and pipe sleeves...........yep it gets below 0 here too, LOL! Have had my PVC pipes shatter on me at least 3 times in the last 25 years, so switched all the exterior above ground lines to the PEX/SB. They're sold at Home depot.....no glue, PEX comes in 25', 50', and 100' "rolls", just use threaded PVC fittings w/Teflon tape when you tie into you interior lines. Comes in 2-3 types of sch, both hot and cold water applications.

It was 0 and -1 here about a month/6 weeks ago? We have gone to -15 below for a week. I have oats coming up right now, grrrrr! They'll just freeze in a week or 10 days from now when the cold weather comes back.

Editing to add: The lows are mid to high 20's......if that makes anyone feel better, lol! I just checked Wunderground :P

It doesn't matter what the thermometer reads. It is just darned cold!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 170
Most of them are made of copper and some of them the hubby rapped up with something special. It's warm in the house so, I am not worried. I just want warm temps to hurry up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manga