SIDEBAR #42 - Arias/Alexander forum

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone...help! We have winter storm warning for next two days and ten inches of snow predicted for tonight and sub zero wind chills. What do I do? I have never seen ten inches of snow! I am an old Texas girl. I have lived here almost 16 years and only seen 3 or 4 inches. :(

You and Ricki have a -17 degree's wind chill factor :fainted: YESorNO has
4 feet plus more snow? Spellbound has :thinking: 18 inches ? I can't remember how much snow Ricki has, possibly because I can't count that high :wink:
And you feel guilty Bravo for ONLY 2 feet of snow? :fainted:

I guess with the East coasters and Canada members, you guys are more or less used to it ??? I just came in to post that we are having our first major snowstorm, which is odd that we've been really lucky this year. I have daffodils that are already coming up. We have had some really cold days, with a few minus 0 wind chills. But tonight and all day tomorrow we will be getting 8-12 inches, depending to which station you are listening to. And it's going down to the single digits for the rest of the week. I guess they'll have to close Kentucky down :smile:

And then little Ms. Bernina skips in here with it's 70-74 degree's here :p

u guys have put me to shame. Two feet of snow? Four feet? OMG! I am so sorry. I am fretting over ten inches. But ten inches is a lot!!!!!!!

Hey everyone...help! We have winter storm warning for next two days and ten inches of snow predicted for tonight and sub zero wind chills. What do I do? I have never seen ten inches of snow! I am an old Texas girl. I have lived here almost 16 years and only seen 3 or 4 inches. :(
Good luck! I'm not use to these temps but I've dreamed of being tucked away with all I need to eat and a few good books.

PEX line with Shark Bite connectors work great with heat tape and pipe sleeves...........yep it gets below 0 here too, LOL! Have had my PVC pipes shatter on me at least 3 times in the last 25 years, so switched all the exterior above ground lines to the PEX/SB. They're sold at Home depot.....no glue, PEX comes in 25', 50', and 100' "rolls", just use threaded PVC fittings w/Teflon tape when you tie into you interior lines. Comes in 2-3 types of sch, both hot and cold water applications.

It was 0 and -1 here about a month/6 weeks ago? We have gone to -15 below for a week. I have oats coming up right now, grrrrr! They'll just freeze in a week or 10 days from now when the cold weather comes back.

Editing to add: The lows are mid to high 20's......if that makes anyone feel better, lol! I just checked Wunderground :P

BBM ~
Ummmmm :confused: I didn't understand a thing you said. :lol: I don't know what is more confusing to me. Your "pvc pipe" talk or all that computer talk about hard drives that the defense's experts... < (and I use that term loosely) talked about on the stand.

You really do amaze me Bernina! You know something about everything! I'm borrowing stealing Truth Detector's words in saying that I'm willing to bet Ransom's husbands shoes that your IQ is higher than Einstein Ann Arias !!

Make sure you have enough food, water, pet food, a shovel, salt for sidewalks, batteries and or candles. If you have a wood burning stove or fireplace. Bring some wood closer to the house. Charge all phones, computers and use sparingly if you lose power. Let someone know you are home, like a neighbor, maybe have neighbors do buddy checks via quick phone calls. Have all medication that you need. Dress inlayers if you lose power. Open up cabinet doors so plumbing gets house heat and does not freeze....you can also wrap towels and rags around indoor plumbing. Use string or tape to keep in place. Make sure all hoses are disconnected from outside faucets. Also....if your furnace has the chimney coming out the side of the house instead of the roof, keep check that snow or ice does not clog up the opening. I used to live in
Chicago.....anyone else have more to add? And pray, send positive thoughts or meditate, whatever, helps you.

In Kansas and we start the storm with 1/2 ice and snow 1-4 inches, we never know what happens....and then it goes east and gets worse. Will keep watch on here for anyone that updates. Right now at 5:23 CT it is just grey and cold outside.

Send some to California. We're back in drought mode after one big storm and it's in the mid 70's here. Took the dog for a walk and it felt hot!!! Too hot now to go work on the ivy.

Make sure you have enough food, water, pet food, a shovel, salt for sidewalks, batteries and or candles. If you have a wood burning stove or fireplace. Bring some wood closer to the house. Charge all phones, computers and use sparingly if you lose power. Let someone know you are home, like a neighbor, maybe have neighbors do buddy checks via quick phone calls. Have all medication that you need. Dress inlayers if you lose power. Open up cabinet doors so plumbing gets house heat and does not freeze....you can also wrap towels and rags around indoor plumbing. Use string or tape to keep in place. Make sure all hoses are disconnected from outside faucets. Also....if your furnace has the chimney coming out the side of the house instead of the roof, keep check that snow or ice does not clog up the opening. I used to live in
Chicago.....anyone else have more to add? And pray, send positive thoughts or meditate, whatever, helps you.

In Kansas and we start the storm with 1/2 ice and snow 1-4 inches, we never know what happens....and then it goes east and gets worse. Will keep watch on here for anyone that updates. Right now at 5:23 CT it is just grey and cold outside.

Thank you Josie, for all the tips. I miss my husband so bad!!!!

We are threatening to get up to one inch of snow. Store shelves are bare. Yes, we are crazy in redneckville.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Scene-Animation-by-Websleuths-Member-grayhuze

Above link is to a new thread (see yellow box at top of page) Someone has taken the time to do good animations of the Arias case. While I don't agree that the gunshot came first, I watched that video and it does make you think. I will probably watch the others tomorrow. Not sure I want to revisit the crime and the goriness, though. So take that as a warning before you consider whether you want to watch the videos.

You and Ricki have a -17 degree's wind chill factor :fainted: YESorNO has
4 feet plus more snow? Spellbound has :thinking: 18 inches ? I can't remember how much snow Ricki has, possibly because I can't count that high :wink:
And you feel guilty Bravo for ONLY 2 feet of snow? :fainted:

I guess with the East coasters and Canada members, you guys are more or less used to it ??? I just came in to post that we are having our first major snowstorm, which is odd that we've been really lucky this year. I have daffodils that are already coming up. We have had some really cold days, with a few minus 0 wind chills. But tonight and all day tomorrow we will be getting 8-12 inches, depending to which station you are listening to. And it's going down to the single digits for the rest of the week. I guess they'll have to close Kentucky down :smile:

And then little Ms. Bernina skips in here with it's 70-74 degree's here :p

LOL Well being a born bred Canadian married to a Dane he reminded me today we have 3 feet LOL K-D where are you cuz I/we can swing by on our way to warmth LOL I feel bad for those getting brutally hammered on the East Coast. It's these dang temps! most ugly. Glad your having something pleasant my friend. And all others. No wonder my Sis lives in AZ/Nevada. Stay safe D and keep us posted.

YoN, Ricki, and Bravo ~ what are your pipes made out of concrete, or Jodi's lies :cold: :smile:
All kidding aside, are they made out of something special to keep them from freezing? I would be afraid they would burst with temp's that cold. I know mine would.

We have copper pipes too. Ours are 8 ft underground coming into the house. Nothing coming in thru walls as some do in warmer climates. We just have to remember to shut off external water taps. Hoses etc. despite our winters where I live our summers are hot and humid often. I LUV the heat!

Stay safe and warm. I use to love winter. When I skied. Are u up for skiing?

-------------
Hi Bravo , are you near Lake Erie? We are about the same. I think 2 above right now. :coldout:

I am. I am SW Ontario. My Brother has a Beach House on Lake Erie but he spends most of his time in my City at his Lady Friends. He has yet to define their relationship after 10 years???? LOL

Send some to California. We're back in drought mode after one big storm and it's in the mid 70's here. Took the dog for a walk and it felt hot!!! Too hot now to go work on the ivy.

I wish. Sigh.... Since I can work from home at times and went part time I babysit the Granddaughter. The Granddaughter that arrived a year after our Son returned home after 5 years of schooling. I was fore score against but caved. Miss Avery arrived from the deep South of the U.S. I barely sit. She is 2 years old now. After 4 hours every a.m. she is finally ready to settle. Did I mention she is a dog? A black Lab. High blood line of hunting dog. Lordy at 57 she keeps me busy but I love her more than life. I cant wait to walk her again. She loves the snow with her frisby and soccer balls but due to temps time is short outside.

Yes, LOL I thought so too. She freaked me out almost as much as the daughter.

And I think it was intended in the movie for Mom to come across like that.

I think the 1 man in the movie who claimed it was genetics said he felt it would skip a generation. And so I think the movie writers purposely gave the Mom a small dose of what the daughter and Gram had. :)

I love the way they talked about Gram in the movie. We really had to dig that info out of the story. Great stuff.

One of my favorite movies too. That's an interesting take on the mom from the movie as I never have thought that about her. What did I miss ? Maybe I need to watch it again. :seeya:

Your bringing back some great memories of these movies. Or not so great depending on how you look at it. LOL

Agree about "Magic" One of my favorites of the horror genre. Real creepy.

Also loved the Birds.

One that I havent heard mentioned is if anyone remember "Pit and the Pendelum". A Vincent Price classic.

That was one of those movies I saw as a kid and didnt know what I was getting myself into. Nightmares for weeks. LOL

Another one that totally surprised me and creeped me out was the ORIGINAL "Texas Chainsaw Massacre". I normally dont like a blood + guts movie but this 1 floored me. I had heard all about it and never saw it until I was in college years. So I thought this would be just another stupid blood+guts movie. Well, it scared the crap out of me the way it was filmed from 1st person point of view. Really creeped me out. And based on a true story to boot which added to the creep factor.

Another thing to jog peoples memories. Remeber "Night Gallery". A weekly horror short to scare the beejebus out of us. LOL

I know I'm now three days behind here, but speaking of horror movies I saw one the other day that was one of the best I've seen in a long time. It's called "Absentia" . Omg, really creepy and scary, but not bloody and gory which I do not like. A low budget film but with excellent casting and acting, not only decent drama, but it is also quite scary. :scared: I watched it alone, then again with my DH and there aren't many movies I like enough to watch more than once. Also, it's about missing persons which made it even more intriguing to me. Don't want to say any more to give anything away just in case someone decides to watch it. Anyway, here's the movie trailer:
[video=youtube;aa1UJLqYeBU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa1UJLqYeBU[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member