SIDEBAR #42 - Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a point to ponder since the weather is so hinky everywhere. A generator. Even a small one just to keep the bare essentials going. I can remember seeing small one's at garage sales going for 50 bucks. Could be a life saver.

Oh Bravo ~ I remember that "pup" during the 1st trial for the psychopath goddess!
You had her picture on your avatar. I love black Labs! My cousin has one and that dog is a riot. She is so sneaky. She will "steal" any thing she can find that is yours, and then bring it to you to "show" you what she had. That was her "game." Then she would take off with it so you would chase her. She found out quickly that if you gave her a dog biscuit, she would gladly trade your shoe, (or what ever she had) for that biscuit.
Labs are so smart!

We had taken a trip to Louisiana to meet up with another cousin one summer. When we got home, my cousin had three $100.00 bills left over and she laid them on the counter. About 15 minutes later, here comes Shelby (the lab) with those 100 dollar bills in her mouth! It was so funny, although my cousin didn't think it was :giggle: We both chased her with dog biscuits, but hey... she liked this game and now she had two people chasing her. After 10 minutes are so, she finally gave them up...but they were soaked and one had to be taped back together. I had tears in my eyes I was laughing so hard...my cousin, not so much. :smile: She was NOT amused.

This was hysterical.

I've been obsessed lately over in the retrial thread but I love coming back here to catch up on the important things in life. :)

Your lab stories are so funny and we can all relate as each of our "fur babies" do these sorts of things on occasion.

My Yorkie pulled a funny one the other day. We had a possum in the yard and my dog loves to pretend he is a bad azz. He will bark like crazy in the window at any wild animal and he wants me to get him on a leasch to go chase after it and chase him out of the yard.

Well, since the possum wasnt leaving the yard and my dog was barking like crazy, I decided to give him some fun so hooked him up and out the door we ran. Well, if anybody knows anything about possums, they dont call it playing possum for nothing. The thing just stood there and wouldnt run off.

I of course would not let my dog get too close to prevent injury to either the possum or my dog and the most hysterical thing happened. My dog at first acted like he was all ready to "sick em", and once he found out the thing wasnt going to run away, all of a sudden, my dog wasnt interested anymore. Because he obviously did not want to get too close and have a real confrontation or anything. LOL

I had to walk him away from the Possum and pretend he did great and was a good watch dog, and gave him a biscuit when we got back inside. It was so comical.

This was hysterical.

I've been obsessed lately over in the retrial thread but I love coming back here to catch up on the important things in life. :)

Your lab stories are so funny and we can all relate as each of our "fur babies" do these sorts of things on occasion.

My Yorkie pulled a funny one the other day. We had a possum in the yard and my dog loves to pretend he is a bad azz. He will bark like crazy in the window at any wild animal and he wants me to get him on a leasch to go chase after it.

Well, since the possum wasnt leaving the yard and my dog was barking like crazy, I decided to give him some fun so hooked him up and out the door we ran. Well, if anybody knows anything about possums, they dont call it playing possum for nothing. The thing just stood there and wouldnt run off.

I of course would not let my dog get too close to prevent injury to either the possum or my dog and the most hysterical thing happened. My dog at first acted like he was all ready to "sick em", and once he found out the thing wasnt going to run away, all of a sudden, my dog wasnt interested anymore. Because he obviously did not want to get too close and have a real confrontation or anything. LOL

I had to walk him away from the Possum and pretend he did great and was a good watch dog, and gave him a biscuit when we got back inside. It was so comical.

Hysterical! Puffed chest? LOL

This was hysterical.

My Yorkie pulled a funny one the other day. We had a possum in the yard and my dog loves to pretend he is a bad azz. He will bark like crazy in the window at any wild animal and he wants me to get him on a leasch to go chase after it.

When my lab barks at someone walking down the street and they keep going, I tell her that she scared them off, LOL!

When our kids were young we had a black lab. She was gun shy so not a fit for hunting but a great family fit. We had a Siamese cat and my pick for a dog was a Bichon Frise. It truly was camp runamock. Fast forward Kinda like some days now LOL. Is there nothing better than the love from a fur baby.

Well, howdy neighbor!!! Yes, I've lived in the Ville my whole life. Well almost. I moved over on Riverside Drive in Jeffersonville Ind. for about 6 months waaaay back when I briefly worked as a bartender at the Galt house. Me and a fellow worker rented a house about 10 ? doors down from Rocky's. It was a beautiful big old house that faced the river, and we rented the first floor. Do you live In Jeff ?
Hi! We lived in Jeff until 2012 then bought a home in Charlestown. I know right where you are speaking of there on Riverside Drive. And Galt House...ah, that's nice. Ever watched Thunder over Louisville? I know you couldn't miss it from the Galt House or Jeff. We have eaten at every restaurant on the river. rockys was a big hit when we moved here but it was down on Market, across from Jeff Boat, back then.

You were talking about the wind storm from Ike. We had a huge oak tree, over a hundred years old in our yard. I was taking a nap and heard a loud crack and got up to aske my husband what happened. That oak tree was blown over and picked up by its roots! If it had fallen one way it would have come crashing on my bed and I wouldn't be here. But it went the other direction and took out the overhead street wires and electricity for our neighborhood. I know our neighbors loved us. :). Then when the ice storm came, my daughter and her family came to stay with us because they lost power. Gee, that was fun. Not. I was a Texas girl for years but not anymore. I'm a Hoosier now. I love the Ville. I love Kentuckiana. But I will admit I have never been to the Derby, never worn the big hats. :). Hope to meet you some day. Hey, you never know. Maybe we already have. Haha.

When my lab barks at someone walking down the street and they keep going, I tell her that she scared them off, LOL!

-------------
Curious , Macky, I'm in Ohio bit South of Cleveland. Wouldn't it be nice?:loveyou:

Oh, that's awesome! I have been to Cincinatti but never to Cleveland. I heard I-71 had a really bad accident from the snow storm and ice last night. Hope you were inside and warm. We had some friends who were coming back from a funeral that way and were on the interstate for quite awhile. They were exhausted when they finally got home.

evening all, I closed my laptop last Thursday after the state rested. I needed from a break from all of Jodi's lies. I know I've missed some good things so if any one had the short and sweet, I'd appreciate it.

YesorNo thanks for keeping this trivia going. It's sad to she Leslie Gore go. So many young female singers Brenda Lee, Connie Francis, Shelly Frabrege(hell if I know how to spell it)Jackie DeShannon, brings back so many memories.

I remember after Avery arrived and I was so obsessed watching constantly and demanding such that I didn't want too much ruined in our home. I didn't think that was much to ask for given we are moving into retirement and it was our Son's dog moving in. Not only for our sake but more worried about what she might ingest. Yes there were some minor things we didn't care about that could be repaired. Worst for me was the dark hardwoods. I cringed. Never said much. A friend of mine who had a Lab said. Your floors have character. Good enough for me.

evening all, I closed my laptop last Thursday after the state rested. I needed from a break from all of Jodi's lies. I know I've missed some good things so if any one had the short and sweet, I'd appreciate it.

YesorNo thanks for keeping this trivia going. It's sad to she Leslie Gore go. So many young female singers Brenda Lee, Connie Francis, Shelly Frabrege(hell if I know how to spell it)Jackie DeShannon, brings back so many memories.

I was named after Brenda Lee-Name now Bree

Good morning WS Friends:

Jury selection will start tomorrow with opening arguments scheduled for Wednesday in the trial of John Brickman Wall. Wall is accused of murdering his wife, Doctor Uta von Schwedler in their bathtub in similar fashion to convicted killer Martin MacNeal's murder of his wife Michelle. Xanax was found in von Schwedler's system even though she did not take Xanax. Wall was a Utah pediatrician.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?198105-UT-Uta-Von-Schwedler-susp-Death
After Einstein Arias, I just can't take another trial. I know this is a serious, victim friendly site. But I sure wish the Mods would make a thread just for the funny side of life. That way I could keep in touch with everyone and what is going on.

After this is over where is everyone going? Sabbatical? Deserving. So many great posters. FYI there will be a Canadian Trial I will attend April 2016. Depending on the date as that is the month my Son gets married. Anyhoo there is a thread here. Noelle Paquette. Most ugly. City not far from me and that New Years Eve my Daughter and her Husband were out running one road over with another couple when it hapened. They are marathon runners just as an FYI as to who would be out running on N.Y.'s. Crime was in Sarnia Ont.

I remember after Avery arrived and I was so obsessed watching constantly and demanding such that I didn't want too much ruined in our home. I didn't think that was much to ask for given we are moving into retirement and it was our Son's dog moving in. Not only for our sake but more worried about what she might ingest. Yes there were some minor things we didn't care about that could be repaired. Worst for me was the dark hardwoods. I cringed. Never said much. A friend of mine who had a Lab said. Your floors have character. Good enough for me.

Yeah, we learn to live with the "punches". LOL

The worst that ever happened to me was my Springer Spaniel I used to have many moons ago. One day while we were at work, he got bored and decided to eat a hole in the wall. We suspect there may have been a splash of food on the wall since it was near the stove and we think once he got a taste of the sheetrock, he liked it. :)

Okay everyone. I am a dog lover. But my little Punkin passed away in 2003 and I haven't had the nerve to get another dog. She suffered so hard. And when I really start wanting one, my DH says no. That said, I am loving all your stories tonight. My son has the most beautiful Lab. And I guess we all have stories because they become family. :)
Thanks for helping me remember Punkin. :)

I swear....I keep trying to use more of the happy icon buttons, but every time i do, my iPad shuts down on me. I just gave up.

Yeah, we learn to live with the "punches". LOL

The worst that ever happened to me was my Springer Spaniel I used to have many moons ago. One day while we were at work, he got bored and decided to eat a hole in the wall. We suspect there may have been a splash of food on the wall since it was near the stove and we think once he got a taste of the sheetrock, he liked it. :)

ROFLMAO and yes as dog/animal lovers we would be more worried about the health implication than the wall. Hunting breeds tend to lend a bit more of a challenge LOL They "tend" to be "mouthy" dogs LOL

After Einstein Arias, I just can't take another trial. I know this is a serious, victim friendly site. But I sure wish the Mods would make a thread just for the funny side of life. That way I could keep in touch with everyone and what is going on.

We had talked a few weeks ago about this, and I think the result was the Mod saw no reason we could not just leave our Sidebar thread open indefinitely here.

Pages, yes the trial gets to be too much because it never should have lasted so long. Thanks to JSS. It's good to get away from it all. But then you miss everyone and yes, this thread has some of the funniest stories! And thanks to Yes or No she always posts some funny things about killer JA too.

Okay everyone. I am a dog lover. But my little Punkin passed away in 2003 and I haven't had the nerve to get another dog. She suffered so hard. And when I really start wanting one, my DH says no. That said, I am loving all your stories tonight. My son has the most beautiful Lab. And I guess we all have stories because they become family. :)
Thanks for helping me remember Punkin. :)

I swear....I keep trying to use more of the happy icon buttons, but every time i do, my iPad shuts down on me. I just gave up.

Well like i said we said no more. Had 1 dog 14 years. Another 16 years and a cat 18 years. Dang near killed Hubby and I. We said no more we just cant do this. Now we look at each other with the Grands and say dear God we are attached again. Maybe even a bit more. We have more time to give them for the little things. They are our Grand babes. Their loss will hurt us tremendously. Sigh.....
So sorry for your loss of Punkin. It is so very hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momo1