Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernina,
What do you think will happen when the person who put in those posts and barbed wire finds out you removed them? I am concerned for you.

Yes, what she said, Bernina!!! Is this your property where they are putting up barbed wire? Don't understand "easement" - ?? Mutual property? Hope you stay well!!

:wave:

weird stuff happening - I just went to Thank YESorNO's post and it took me to Reply to Quote...

:gaah:

so I Refreshed and tried thanking again, but it wouldn't let me... :gaah:

okay - I'm off...

Hi all! :wave:

and next and first -

:welcome6: to coffeejunkie to Websleuths! :greetings:

another Hi to you coffeejunkie! :wave:

Back in the day - I first started reading Nancy Drew mysteries and watched Perry Mason on TV; always have been intrigued on mysteries and the way to go about solving them! Here at Websleuths, it's a whole new ballgame! LOL! We have some VERY expert sleuthers - things I would never even start to think about - in most of the cases I have followed on here! I'm thinking to myself, boy, wish I was that good at sleuthing! LOL!
Anyway - I love a mystery!

Okay... :gaah: - My Huz says he can't use that recipe YESorNO gave me, as it is too simple... he wants make something "homemade" from "scratch" - he's that way... :floorlaugh: so... if anyone here has a "homemade from scratch" chili recipe - it would be VERY much appreciated!! TIA! :peace:

Hey YESoNO :snowball:

well... no rain yet... but according to the news channel this morning, we should get some past 4pm... we shall see! My car definitely needs a wash!! Parking under a tree gets a LOT of bird ***** on it!

Okay everyone - hope all is well and everyone is safe!! See you all Monday for sure!

:seeya:

That is from scratch! The McCormick mix has all the chili seasoning already mixed.

If he wants to make his own spice mix: (I use to make my own years ago, but McCormicks is just as good, IMO)

4 tablespoons of chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons paprika
2 tablespoons ground cumin
3 teaspoons salt
4 teaspoons black pepper

everything else is the same

(I had to go look up my old recipe :sheesh: )

umbrella-smiley.gif
Hope you get the rain.

spring-smiley.gif
should be here soon. :)

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 37m37 minutes ago
I was watching some trial footage of #jodiarias testifying...look at their faces in the gallery! LOL!!

B--AY2AVAAA8ina.jpg

:floorlaugh:

Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan Feb 27
Verdict Watch continues Monday for #jodiarias trial... #JusticeforTravisAlexander Long weekend for family that has already waited too long.

Have a question and you can answer it or not :)

My friends and family think I have a morbid fanasation with murders. Now, I don't think I do, lol. I follow as many trials as I can, read tons of books about murders, go to sleep with the ID Channel on, Bling and Google are my 'friends' :)

I want to know everything I can about these murders and what makes the person/s who commits the crimes; 'tick'. I want to get into their minds and and figure out the WHY of the crime. What rage set them off, was it for gain,was it just for a trill, was it passion, was it drug related, was it hate/jealously, or just because, and some are just evil.

Now my question to you is...what makes you follow these murders? :)

Enjoy your day!!

Kinda similar here, but more into the "what's in their head". Haven't watched regular TV for almost 2 years now (just me and my Roku!) but I used to get into ID and CourtTv. And most have to have the Arizona/Southwest component. The only cases I have on my radar are Adrienne Salinas and Erin Corwin. No suspect in Adrienne's case. Was going to continue following the McStay case, but there's more crazy in the extended M family than I want to wade through.
Allison Feldman in Scottsdale, Az, may be another I might follow.........don't know yet.

I haven't seen one single person say they add beer or a Hershey bar to their chili.........c'mon kids, whazzup with that? Lol!

I have --but not Hershey specific. Goes with the Mexican mole (could be spelt wrong)

I haven't seen one single person say they add beer or a Hershey bar to their chili.........c'mon kids, whazzup with that? Lol!

Reminds me of my mom~~she loved zinnias!!! Miss her :(

Give it a week or two. I'm thinking she should be there in time for St. Patrick's Day. Will the public be notified when she is moved, like they did with Scott Peterson???

I have a sneaking suspicion that she will be there by Tuesday.
I can't remember a felon being followed after they're convicted by the media......in Arizona. I think Sheriff Joe kind of pre-empted that with his statement as to what will happen to her after the verdict.
Besides, the media has to be ever vigilant for those exotic animal walk abouts, lol!

I wonder why her older brother has never attended any of her trials?

Also wonder why her past boyfriends except Daryl, have not spoken out somewhere.
Scared of her, Bobby wants nothing to do with her. He knows the true Jodi.

Bernina,
What do you think will happen when the person who put in those posts and barbed wire finds out you removed them? I am concerned for you.

Not worried. They did it in the dark because they knew it was "illegal", otherwise they would have done it in the middle of the day with no issues if some of the neighbors had said "whatcha doin?"

Easements are a big problem here. They are part of your "real land" but they provide ingress/egress for your neighbors on either side and allow for utilities, emergency vehicles and services, like trash, to go from point A to point B.
When someone throws up a barrier, it has to come down immediately, because if you call the Sheriff in, it's all about "Land Court". It's really ridiculous. Our little corner of paradise is basically "land locked". There's several places where I have to drive on private property and State Land Trust to get out of here because idiots have fenced in the easements.
Land Court can literally take YEARS, and you have to file down in Phoenix because it's handed over to the State to take care of. Most people don't have the Title Insurance that pays for an attorney and fees if there is a dispute, they just guarantee that you do have a legal ingress/egress, whether it's fenced or not. 7 years ago my BF had to go to court to get a barrier took down on his easement, it was done here in the county because the evil neighbor threw in an injunction against harassment, BF's title insurance was top of the line, with a VA guaranteed loan, and the sheriff already had issues with the neighbor.
So.......long story short, the sheriff told us 20 years ago that if a barrier goes up and we're within our legal rights, TEAR it DOWN before calling them.

I have a sneaking suspicion that she will be there by Tuesday.
I can't remember a felon being followed after they're convicted by the media......in Arizona. I think Sheriff Joe kind of pre-empted that with his statement as to what will happen to her after the verdict.
Besides, the media has to be ever vigilant for those exotic animal walk abouts, lol!

So if it isn't DP the judge will sentence right away? No more delays for perryville?

I apologize if this has already been post. Carl Toersbijns, a former deputy warden at a correctional complex in Arizona, described what life in Perryville will be like for JA under the three scenarios, DP, LWOP and LWP.

DP - She will not be allow physical contact with visitors. She would only have visits behind glass. So unless she can figure a way to smuggle out her drawings, that may put an end to her business. Also all writing materials like paper must be purchased from the inmate commissary. Is it plain white paper or lined? Letter size or stationary size? Again this may be a problem for her to produce art work.

LWOP - Toersbijn said Arias would be moved to the less-restrictive "close custody" within two years, and to medium custody within five years. Compared to life on death row, medium custody comes with benefits. He further stated that due to her notoriety and the money people keep giving her would make her influential over other inmates. That she would not suffer much in medium security and could make a new life for herself there.

I don’t know if it would violate forum rules to print the link but you google this huffington post article.

So if it isn't DP the judge will sentence right away? No more delays for perryville?

I'm hoping the jury has a verdict, not hung, so there won't be any more delays!
I don't know if JSS will hold off sentence if it's hung, but I'm pretty sure that if the jury does get a verdict, LWP, LWOP, DP, it'll be off to Perryville, unless JSS want to tack on more years to the 25 years before a parole hearing.<----just in case some law gets changed in the future, because no LWP is getting paroled as it stands.

*it's not like JSS hasn't had a few years to think about it if it IS a hung jury*:thinking:

Dangit! Where is Dmacky?

I apologize if this has already been post. Carl Toersbijns, a former deputy warden at a correctional complex in Arizona, described what life in Perryville will be like for JA under the three scenarios, DP, LWOP and LWP.

DP - She will not be allow physical contact with visitors. She would only have visits behind glass. So unless she can figure a way to smuggle out her drawings, that may put an end to her business. Also all writing materials like paper must be purchased from the inmate commissary. Is it plain white paper or lined? Letter size or stationary size? Again this may be a problem for her to produce art work.

LWOP - Toersbijn said Arias would be moved to the less-restrictive "close custody" within two years, and to medium custody within five years. Compared to life on death row, medium custody comes with benefits. He further stated that due to her notoriety and the money people keep giving her would make her influential over other inmates. That she would not suffer much in medium security and could make a new life for herself there.

I don&#8217;t know if it would violate forum rules to print the link but you google this huffington post article.

It's kind of SOP here to link,..........Lambchop's kind of obsessive with that! :floorlaugh:

Seen you on other threads, Sweet Fox, Welcome to the Sidebar!

:welcome6:

F.F. and E.F.

Bad Bernie was in prison for seven years. The day he got out, his wife and son were there to pick him up. He came through the gates and got into the car. The only thing he said was, "F.F."

His wife turned to him and answered, "E.F."

Out on the highway, he said, "F.F."

She responded simply, "E.F."

He repeated, "F.F."

She again replied, "E.F."

"Mom! Dad!" their son yelled. "What's going on?"

Bad Bernie answered: "Your mother wants to eat first!"
--------------------------

Work or Prison?

In prison, you spend the majority of your time in an 8x10 cell. At work, you spend most of your time in a 6x8 cubicle.

In prison, you get three meals a day. At work, you only get a break for 1 meal and you have to pay for it.

In prison, you get time off for good behavior. At work, you get rewarded for good behavior with more work.

In prison, a guard locks and unlocks all the doors for you. At work, you must carry around a security card and unlock and open all the doors yourself.

In prison, you can watch TV and play games. At work, you get fired for watching TV and playing games.

In prison, you get your own toilet. At work, you have to share.

In prison, they allow your family and friends to visit. At work, you cannot even speak to your family and friends.

In prison, all expenses are paid by taxpayers with no work required. At work, you get to pay all the expenses to go to work and then they deduct taxes from your salary to pay for prisoners.

In prison, there are wardens who are often sadistic. At work, they are called managers.

Success is:

At age 4, success is not peeing in your pants.
At age 12, success is having friends.
At age 16, success is having a drivers license.
At age 20, success is having sex.
At age 35, success is having money.
At age 50, success is having money.
At age 60, success is having sex.
At age 70, success is having a drivers license.
At age 75, success is having friends.
At age 80, success is not peeing in your pants.
----------------------

Give me the medical term

The man told his doctor that he wasn't able to do all the things around the house that he used to do.

When the examination was complete, he said: "Doc, tell me in plain English what is wrong with me."

"Well, in plain English," the doctor replied, "you're just lazy."

"Okay," said the man. "Now give me the medical term so I can tell my wife."
----------------

Get out

A business owner decides to take a tour around his business and see how things are going.

He goes down to the shipping docks and sees a young man leaning against the wall doing nothing.

The owner walks up to the young man and says: "Son, how much do you make a day?"

The guy replies: "150 dollars!"

The owner pulls out his wallet, gives him $150, and tells him to get out and never come back.

A few minutes later, the shipping clerk asks the owner: "Have you seen that UPS driver?? I asked him to wait here for me!"
-------------------

Cut it off

A businessman returns from the far east. After a few days he notices stange growth on his penis.

He sees several doctors. They all say: "You've been screwing around in the Far East, very common there, no cure. We'll have to cut it off."

The man panics, but figures if it is common in the East they must know how to cure it. So he goes back and sees a doctor in Thailand.

The doctor examines him and says: "You've been fooling around in my country. This is a very common problem here. Did you see any other doctors?"

The man replies: "Yes, a few in the USA."

The doctor says: "I bet they told you it had to be cut off."

The man answers, "Yes!"

The doctor smiles, nods: "That is not correct. It will fall off by itself."
----------------

Sauna

Three men are sitting (wrapped in towels) in the sauna.

Suddenly there is a beeping sound.

Tim presses his forearm and the beeping stops.

The others look at him questioningly.

"That's my pager, " he says. "I have a microchip under the skin of my arm."

A few minutes later a phone rings.

Max lifts his palm to his ear.

When he finishes he explains: "That's my mobile phone.

I have a microchip in my hand."

Dave, feeling decidedly low-tech, steps out of the sauna.

In a few minutes he returns with a piece of toilet paper emerging from his butt.

The others raise their eyebrows.

Invoking the best poker face he can muster, he explains: "I'm getting a Fax."
----------------------

If I won the lottery, I wouldn't be one of those people who immediately quit their jobs.

I'd make my boss's life a living hell for a week or two first.
---------------------

Male dancer

The other day, my friends and I went to a ladies' night club.

One of the girls wanted to impress the rest of us, so she pulled out a $10 bill. When the male dancer came over to us, my friend licked the $10 bill and stuck it to his butt cheek!

Not to be outdone, another friend pulled out a $20 bill. She called the guy back over, licked the $20 bill, and stuck it to his other butt cheek.

In another attempt to impress the rest of us, my third friend pulled out a $50 bill and called the guy over.

I was worried about the way things were going, but she licked the bill and just stuck it to one of his butt cheeks again.

My relief was short lived. Seeing the way things were going, the guy gyrated over to me!

Now everyone's attention was focused on me, and the guy was egging me on to try and top the $50. My brain was churning as I reached for my wallet. What could I do?

I got out my ATM card, swiped it down the crack of his *advertiser censored**, grabbed the 80 bucks, and went home.
-------------------

Jumps over to the window

This guy walks into a bar on the top of a very tall building. He sits down, orders a huge beer, chugs it, walks over to the window, and jumps out.

Five minutes later, the guy walks into the bar again, orders another huge beer, chugs it, walks over to the window, and jumps out again.

Five minutes later, he re-appears and repeats the whole thing. One hour later, another guy at the bar stops the first guy and says: "Hey, how the heck are you doing that?!"

The first guy responds: "Oh, it's really simple physics. When you chug the beer, it makes you all warm inside and since warm air rises, if you just hold your breath you become lighter than air and

float down to the sidewalk."

"WOW!", exclaims the second man, "I gotta try that!." So he orders a huge beer, chugs it, goes over to the window, jumps out, and splats on the sidewalk below.

The bartender looks over to the first man and says: "Superman, you're a real jerk when you're drunk."

Talk to me, please!

The man approached the very beautiful woman in the large supermarket and asked: "You know, I've lost my wife here in the supermarket.

Please, can you talk to me for a couple of minutes?"

"Why?"

"Because every time I talk to a beautiful woman my wife appears out of nowhere."
----------------

A jar of olives

A man walked into a bar and ordered martini after martini, each time removing the olives and placing them in a jar.

When the jar was filled with olives and all the drinks consumed, the guy started to leave.

"Excuse me", said a customer, who was puzzled over what the guy had done. "What was that all about?"

"Nothing", said the guy, "My wife just sent me out for a jar of olives."
----------------------

These are my pet fish

A man was stopped by a game warden in Ontario recently with two buckets of fish leaving a lake well known for its fishing.

The game warden asked the man: "Do you have a license to catch those fish?"

The man replied to the game warden: "No, sir. These are my pet fish."

"Pet fish?!" the warden replied.

"Yes, sir. Every night I take these fish down to the lake and let them swim around for a while. I whistle and they jump back into their buckets, and I take them home."

"That's a bunch of hooey! Fish can't do that!"

The man looked at the game warden for a moment, and then said: "Here, I'll show you. It really works."

"O.K. I've GOT to see this!" the game warden replied.

The man poured the fish in to the water and stood and waited. After several minutes, the game warden turned to the man and said: "Well?"

"Well, what?" the man asked.

"When are you going to call them back?" the game warden prompted.

"Call who back?" the man asked.

"The FISH."

"What fish?" the man asked.
--------------------------------

Tech Support

Tech Support: Now Bob, type the 'P' to bring up the Program Manager."

Customer: "Where is it?"

TS: "On your keyboard, Bob."

Customer: "What do you mean?"

TS: "'P' on your keyboard, Bob."

Customer: "I'M NOT GOING TO DO THAT!"
---------------------

Keep calm, Monika

In the supermarket was a woman pushing a cart which contained a screaming, bellowing girl.

As they passed the cookie section, the little girl asked for cookies.

When the woman told she couldn't have any, the girl began to cry.

The woman kept repeating softly: "Don't get excited Monika, don't scream Monika, don't be upset Monika, don't yell Monika, keep calm Monika."

A woman standing next to her said: "I couldn't help noticing how patient you were with little Monica!"

The mother replied: "I'm Monica!”
-------------------------------

A big sale

It was the day of the big sale.

Rumors of the sale (and some advertising in the local paper) were the main reason for the long line that formed by 8:30, the store's opening time, in front of the store.

A small man pushed his way to the front of the line, only to be pushed back, amid loud and colorful curses.

On the man's second attempt, he was punched square in the jaw, and knocked around a bit, and then thrown to the end of the line again.

As he got up the second time, he said to the person at the end of the line:

"That does it! If they hit me one more time, I won't open the store!"
---------------------------

Titanic
Presidents Ford, Reagan, Carter, Nixon and Clinton were on the Titanic.

On that fateful night the ship hit an iceberg and began to sink.

Ford screamed, "What should we do?"

Reagan said, "Man the lifeboats."

Carter said, "Women first."

Nixon said, "Screw the women."

Clinton said, "Do you think we have time?"
---------------------------

Thank you for the warm welcomes...I see that I am in fine company and who cares if we are different ;) I just had to tell my DH about the cars going around the track. LOL he is into NASCAR. It's all good!

That is from scratch! The McCormick mix has all the chili seasoning already mixed.

If he wants to make his own spice mix: (I use to make my own years ago, but McCormicks is just as good, IMO)

4 tablespoons of chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons paprika
2 tablespoons ground cumin
3 teaspoons salt
4 teaspoons black pepper

everything else is the same

(I had to go look up my old recipe :sheesh: )

umbrella-smiley.gif
Hope you get the rain.

spring-smiley.gif
should be here soon. :)

Don't forget, he has to plow a garden, plant the seeds, do all that weeding and hoeing, and wait until next fall to be able to make the sauce. Must plant tomatoes, hot peppers, onions, beans (where do you get plants for pinto or navy beans?). While he is at it, he might as well put in th spices, too --- herb plants are fun to grow. Good luck, Mr. Niner. Let us know how it works out.

Oh! Don't forget to build a barn and stall and pasture for that cattle! We will be here eating Y/N's recipe while we supervise your efforts. :HHJP:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavakaga