SIDEBAR #46 - Arias/Alexander forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I had your confidence in JSS....I believe she could fool us all and give her LWP.

We are seeing the harassment of juror #17. Her name and address are posted all over the internet. She has police protection at her home.

If JSS gives LWP, imagine the public outcry. She won't be safe in my opinion and will require 24/7 security.

Thank you for the suggestions of the trails. Yes, I am tired and weary (like many of you) and it takes a piece of me in each and every trail I follow...but, I just can't explain it...it is what I do. This trail is my first being registered at WS and this thread is special for that reason and I will stick around on this thread until it is closed. I got hooked on the OJ trail and been following trails every since.

I read about the Christopher Preston case. I remember reading about in the paper. My heart goes out to the family.

I am better this am. Yesterday was overwhelming 100 different ways. I too am taking a break from trial watching. This was too
dramatic and exhausting. My quesy stomach needs calm. I want to regain my objecfivity.

I hope the final hearing is a really ho hum occurance. That JA sees that her shining moment is OVAH. Few care one whit about her.
The world has moved on.

To quote Kid Rock, "FOAD" I just don't understand how anyone can tell someone to just move on. Travis' family hasn't even been able to grieve, how can anyone expect them to just move on, I believe it will be years before they can even began to think of "moving on". I hope it gives them a small bit of comfort to know 11 on this jury wanted what they wanted.
I read some yesterday that made my blood boil. There is something very wrong in society for people to talk that way.

Do I feel better this morning after yesterday...What would be the final wound is if JSS gave her LWP. I don't think I could handle that sentence and would lose my faith in our justice system. After seeing OJ, CA and JA results, makes a person wonder where is our justice system going and how far will DT go for the WIN? Just some rambling thoughts going through my tired mind...

Prayers for Alexander Family and friends...they need too start healing, but can they? They are so angry and hurt, they need all our prayers.

Our justice system makes me sick. The only fair outcomes I have seen is in the Teghan Skiba case and the one with the doctor who killed his wife in the bathtub (I cannot think of his name right now). I swear, JSS and that juror had an agenda. I feel it in my gut. Nothing will surprise me now with JSS who completely mishandled the court/trial handing down a sentence of LWP in 25 years. She will most likely cater to JA once again. Be prepared. Our system is so twisted. We now defend and support Terrorists! Look at the "dream team" for the Boston Marathon bomber. It sickens me. The true victims get tossed away and it's all about a win at all costs.

CURIOUS IN INDIANA

I ran across a post you responded to one of mine, for the life of me I went back and tried to find it and could not. :(

Anyway...You said you liked my signature and it was one of your favorite verses. I love this verse and it is so true. I try and practice it everyday.

I am still amazed how that juror got on. The more I read the more this trial just exceeds any boundaries of what is supposed to be law and justice. Glad 11 jurors were intelligent. If all had come back with LWOP or DP that would have been fine. But this one person....should NOT have gotten on that jury. Should. Not. Much like that foreman in the first. I'm just....wow.

I will admit that I am on the fence with JSS. Some days she has done good, other days not so much. I swing back and forth on her. I hope and pray she makes the right decision and we can all close this chapter in our lives.

Even the jurors stated that JSS knew #17 was going to hold out. They claim JSS knew #17 would not deliberate with other jurors.
MOO........JSS will give JR 25 to life with credit for time served.

I'm just following the Boston Bombing trial, which is suppose to last 6 weeks or so. After that, I'm taking a break and will be just hanging on the Sidebar for a while. I'm tired and drained right now.

My trial watching will now be with the Aaron Hernandez trial and Uta van Scheduler (murdered by pediatrician husband in Utah in similar method to Michelle McNeill, also Utah, also overdose of drugs in bathtub.) When time frees up, hope to squeeze in Boston Bomber trial.

Has anyone heard if the April 13 sentencing hearing will be televised?

I don't think she handled this case well....she (like many ppl) aren't used to sociopaths of such a high caliber. They are diff than your average run-of-the-mill criminal. She made bad decisions however at the same time a lot of times her hands seemed to be tied because of the law allowing so much freedom to the defense, which Jodi and her lawyers exploited. All that should have been done away with in the retrial of the penalty phase. She allowed way too much to happen for someone who has already been convicted. The presumption of innocence is gone. And yet she allowed too much secrecy and too much shenanigans. She got in way over her head with this case. I'd have handed it over yo someone else. On the plus side, I feel I saw a glimpse of her real feelings for Jodi yesterday. She appeared to be eager to sentence her right then and there...her voice infliction told me she was eager to get rid of her and can't stand her. I think she gets LWOP. I have probably missed why miss thang gets to wait a month for sentencing.......must be a legal reason, not a logical one. Love to know what ever happened to victims rights in this country.

Zuri, and anyone else who has has a similar experience, I am sorry for the ugliness in the world. I knew who said what without you having to tell me. I was appalled.

I will share one of my family experiences. 45 years ago I was a new Mom with a sleeping baby when I heard a horrendous crrrack. I ran into her room thinking her crib had fallen apart -- and she was soundly sleeping. Seconds later, police cars went flashing by. I poked my head out and they were at my neighbor's, who was my aunt and landlord. Imagine my horror to find my 16 yr. old cousin had shot and killed his mother as she was trimming roses in my backyard! To this day, I cannot visit the back yard of that house (where another relative now lives), and avoid the entire residence as much as possible. The blood spot in the lawn never again grew grass.....

To this day, I can see every moment of that day as if in slow motion. I replay certain visits we shared on sunny days, watching the flowers grow or the hummingbirds flitting about. I detest the few occasions I have been at the same family function and this cousin has the nerve to come, too. I will never forget, will never forgive. Yes, it has receded a morsel. The pain is not as intense. But the inner turmoil, sadness, and vision of that day will last forever and beyond.

:hugs: to all who know the deep agony of these senseless acts.

I love Sheriff Joe. May not "always" agree, but he knows how to treat prisoners. No coddling, for sure

At this point, I don't think I will watch any part of this trial or penalty phase. I feel raw and wounded, and not ready to subject myself to any more.

Oh Spellbound, I am so sorry for your loss and for what you have gone through. You have walked in these awful shoes. Thank you for your lovely post and for sharing. Xo

Those *unusual* words disturbed me so much that I woke up with them in mind today. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I ache from the depths of my being for the Alexanders.

I was so disturbed by that post, I couldn't sleep, and when I did fall asleep, I had a bad dream. The insensitivity got to me and I kept picturing someone saying that to my mother. Yes, I personalized it. It bothered me greatly that people are insensitive to the grieving process which is an individual and personal right. I don't feel that anyone deserves criticism for not grieving according to someone else's schedule.

I joined WS because it is the one and only place I can speak of my brother's murder without fear of recrimination or negativity or someone telling me it has been 32 years, get over it already. It was an insult and slap in the face to anyone who has lost a loved one, human or otherwise. I hope the poster learned something from my response. If not, the more the pity. IMO.

I was a little disappointed in a lot of mr. Martinez's answers but I understand that it might be inappropriate for him to speak personally about the case. At least until after sentencing on April 13th. I do certainly hope that this wasn't just "another case" for him though and that he is disappointed and angry at the verdict on a personal level.

I saw Juan as being very humble and a man who was near tears. He fought hard and were it not for a slimy defense trashing the victim and a juror refusing to deliberate, he would be celebrating today. Yes or no, I appreciate the hundreds of great links you have provided during the trial. I am still gobsmacked by the 17th juror and very angry. I believe with all my soul that JSS will give her life with possible release after 25 years. I saw this judge as "tight with the defense from day one" and have not seen anything that changed my opinion. And some of the remarks at WS have shocked me to the core. The fact that MDLR would go to twitter and say they won sickens me and i wish she could be put down like a rabid dog. What did she win? A murderer is going to Gen pop and gets to live while she gutted a young man! And Maria didn't have enough class to keep her mouth shut while the family grieved.

I was so disturbed by that post, I couldn't sleep, and when I did fall asleep, I had a bad dream. The insensitivity got to me and I kept picturing someone saying that to my mother. Yes, I personalized it. It bothered me greatly that people are insensitive to the grieving process which is an individual and personal right. I don't feel that anyone deserves criticism for not grieving according to someone else's schedule.

I joined WS because it is the one and only place I can speak of my brother's murder without fear of recrimination or negativity or someone telling me it has been 32 years, get over it already. It was an insult and slap in the face to anyone who has lost a loved one, human or otherwise. I hope the poster learned something from my response. If not, the more the pity. IMO.
The
The reason I am still crying today is because there is no such thing as closure. I lost my grandson in October and was just telling my son that when people talk of closure I feel a need to slap them. There is no such thing! I lost a part of me and that's how it feels.

Oh Spellbound, I am so sorry for your loss and for what you have gone through. You have walked in these awful shoes. Thank you for your lovely post and for sharing. Xo
Zuri and Spellbound, I am so sorry. Like I said, there is no closure, only a sad heart wanting to heal.

I don't think she handled this case well....she (like many ppl) aren't used to sociopaths of such a high caliber. They are diff than your average run-of-the-mill criminal. She made bad decisions however at the same time a lot of times her hands seemed to be tied because of the law allowing so much freedom to the defense, which Jodi and her lawyers exploited. All that should have been done away with in the retrial of the penalty phase. She allowed way too much to happen for someone who has already been convicted. The presumption of innocence is gone. And yet she allowed too much secrecy and too much shenanigans. She got in way over her head with this case. I'd have handed it over yo someone else. On the plus side, I feel I saw a glimpse of her real feelings for Jodi yesterday. She appeared to be eager to sentence her right then and there...her voice infliction told me she was eager to get rid of her and can't stand her. I think she gets LWOP. I have probably missed why miss thang gets to wait a month for sentencing.......must be a legal reason, not a logical one. Love to know what ever happened to victims rights in this country.
Because the defense gets to have a pretrial hearing. That's right. It is not over. They get to have a mini trial of why Jodi deserves possible release in 25 years. I woke up hoping someone at the jail puts her down before she goes to Perryville and hating myself for thinking those thoughts. But...I am being honest with my anger.

Thank you, Zuri. Too many of us have silently walked in the same shoes. But we are here together, and it sure helps to be able to let some of it out sometimes. :beats:

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 1h1 hour ago
Developing: MCSO looking into websites releasing personal information of #JodiArias jurors.

@troyhaydenfox10 Then they should investigate jodiariasisinnocent .com because they posted the names #jodiarias

@troyhaydenfox10 It appears to be the jodiariasisinnocent site that posted all jurors name except #17

Crazy, crazy, crazy.....................

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 1h1 hour ago
MCSO providing security for #JodiArias #Juror17. Though at this point "she has received no credible threats."

Does anyone know what/when Juan's next trial is?

There is a Facebook page for "Juan Martinez Fans" . I don't think it is open for posting yet, but they plan to follow his next trial.

Juan Martinez's next case is Christopher Redondo in the shooting death of Gilbert Police Lt. Eric Shuhandler.
It is a death penalty trial set for 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member